Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
Tapering off Percocet! Really need some support on this one.
    HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Hey Hon, yes he does sound alot like me! He MUST be a GREEEEAAAAT GUY!!! LMAO!!!! As far as the immodium goes, I never took it...never had the "Squirts" LOL.....Dunno whay, I just didnt get em for some reason...I was just the Opposite! I was bound up like a dam!!! You know how Oxy/Percs are...they bind you up so bad, I thought I would NEVER poo again! But since ive been on the Subs that hasnt been a problem LOL....Rose or Kikker can probably answer that better than I...You sound like a lil "Tom Boy" lol...thats Great! I sure miss my son...he just called me,a little bit ago, he just got into Petaluma California...he is stationed in Honolulu HA, and has been on Patrol in the West Pacific the past 4 months, and JUST got back to HA Friday, and had to fly right out to CA for some freakin School! He is Sooooooo P.O'd about it...but whaddaya gonna do?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberNeedsHelp View Post
    Wow Harry you remind me so much of my dad! My dad has raised me since my mom left when I was 8, ever since then its been just him and me. He taught me how to fish, fix cars, play baseball, all that fun stuff. And he did the same things you did, he luckily was able to retire, and just raise me since day one. No girlfriends or anything, just him and I. He really is my best friend. Thats why I still live at home, I know i sound like a little kid, but Im not ready to leave him yet. He's been there for me through EVERYTHING and I wanna do the same for him.
    Im so happy your son was there for you and so supportive. Its times like this when we really need each other.

Off the subject now before I start crying again, lol...Did you ever take Imodium when you were w/d? I don't know if you saw my post above, but i was reading that it is an opiate the doesn't cross the blood brain barrier, so it helps a lot with the withdrawals. But these people were taking like 5 times the dose! I only took 2, it seems to have helped a tiny bit..
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-21-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    AmberNeedsHelp likes this.

Well, I got me a Big ol "Drumstick" (nutty, Choc Covered Ice Cream Cone) and Im gonna park my butt in front of the TV and watch me some TV (OHHh MAN The New Episode of the Walking Dead is on tonight!!! WOO HOO) But I'll be watching for ya if you need anything just post....I wont be too far! Got my little iPad by the TV, so I dont miss too much! LOL....You have a Good night now, and holler if ya need anything!!!!

Thanks so much Harry. Im a Walking Dead fan too! So ill be watching too! My RLS is starting to kick in so I am going to take some meds for that soon, Ill probably be posting throughout the night.
    Enjoy your Drumstick!

And Ill say a prayer for your son for safe travels thats awesome what he is doing!

Thanks Hon!!!!
    WOW, GREAT Walking Dead tonight ey? Well, Im off to bed! Hope you get some sleep tonight!
    And Ill say a prayer for your son for safe travels thats awesome what he is doing!

Im really hurting RLS meds were working earlier but now nothing
    Ive took a xanax at 8:30, some RLS meds a little later..and I still feel like a crack head
    I can't sit still for more than 2 seconds. I took more RLS meds, a half of a xanax, a melatonin, and still Nothin!
    Im getting emotional again guys i just want to sleep so bad. These meds make me so exhausted but i cannot fall asleep! i don't know what to do

samsmad is offline New Member

Im really hurting RLS meds were working earlier but now nothing
    Ive took a xanax at 8:30, some RLS meds a little later..and I still feel like a crack head
    I can't sit still for more than 2 seconds. I took more RLS meds, a half of a xanax, a melatonin, and still Nothin!
    Im getting emotional again guys i just want to sleep so bad. These meds make me so exhausted but i cannot fall asleep! i don't know what to do
    Good morning Amber,
    I hope you got some sleep. I guess its a couple hours earlier there. I live in south alabama. You are on west coast arent you? We like to say here that we live in LA (Lower Alabama). LOL Any way I start day four now and feel much better. So much power in prayer. God is so good-He gives the strength to overcome our weaknesses and when we need it he sends angels like Harry and Rose. I am only a few hours ahead of yoi and physically things are rapidly improving. You go girl.
    Sam

Hey Amber, I know what your going thru Honey, and your doing the right things, but the Drugs are Strong, and calling to you! Resist them with everything you have! this is the worst part, and its not going to be easy Honey, but Please, Hang in there!!! You dont have much longer to go...Remember, it took you a LONG time to get HERE! And there is no "Easy Fix"...Thats why so many go back to the drug...it Grips us, beats on us, and messes with our minds and bodies until we give up and go back to it....Dont listen to them...I KNOW it is SOOOO Hard, but you can do this Amber...just keep thinking about being Clean and free of the Pills forever!!!!! We'll be here thruout the day to help you...Remember, embrace the RLS, the insomnia....just get UP! Walk around, Hot Showers....you know the drill...keep busy! 4am or not...just find something to keep you busy....all night long if you have too....Your going to make it Amber! You can do this!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmad View Post
    Good morning Amber,
    I hope you got some sleep. I guess its a couple hours earlier there. I live in south alabama. You are on west coast arent you? We like to say here that we live in LA (Lower Alabama). LOL Any way I start day four now and feel much better. So much power in prayer. God is so good-He gives the strength to overcome our weaknesses and when we need it he sends angels like Harry and Rose. I am only a few hours ahead of yoi and physically things are rapidly improving. You go girl.
    Sam

PaleTiger7 is offline New Member

I had terrible RLS as well and took so many of the suggested otc pills including restful legs and none of them helped.. Finally i found leg cramps made by the same company Hylands and i haven't had one RLS flare up since.. i dont know the exact difference in ingredients but there was a worlds difference in performance. I went through the same hell you are and the end is coming BE STRONG it is so worth it.. Good Luck

its 7 am here and i still haven't slept. I'm crying, over the top emotional, because like I've said before, I'm so tired...but can't sit still.
    i have taken so many of those RLS meds, 2 xanax, and 2 melatonin, 2 more imodium, and here i am still awake. I just want this to end you guys, I'm breaking

Honey, please hang in there! I know this is probably the hardest thing you have ever done, but you MUST think about your life and how it will be when you are clean! Just think, no more waking up wondering how your going to buy pills, how your going to FIND pills! What if I can't FIND any today? Just think about times when you might not be able to find any pills! You will have to go thru this AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN....Ugh....you MUST tough it out Amber....we all have done it....we've all suffered and been thru it and LIVED! And you can too!
    samsmad and AmberNeedsHelp like this.

I wasn't finished posting this iPad is very weird on this site....does what it wants too.
    But I wanted to tell you, I'm sorry if I sound like I'm being hard on you baby....but you HAVE to get Mad at this....you HAVE to stay mad.....you MUST be Tough, and STRONG thru this Amber....you just HAVE too! It's not going to be easy and there is no easy way out....you have to pay your dues, and you are now! But the rewards are your LIFE!
    Now get MAD and STAY THERE!

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

its 7 am here and i still haven't slept. I'm crying, over the top emotional, because like I've said before, I'm so tired...but can't sit still.
    i have taken so many of those RLS meds, 2 xanax, and 2 melatonin, 2 more imodium, and here i am still awake. I just want this to end you guys, I'm breaking
    hi amber. i'm sorry to hear u still haven't slept. i know how exhausted u feel and the not sleeping part is the absolute worst. but it won't kill u. i promise u it will get better, and get better soon.

this is the exact time u really need to hang in there and give it everything u've got. those drugs are fighting sooo hard to get u to take another pill. that is why i was so adamant about u flushing them and getting them out of ur reach. it's just too easy to give in now.

ur emotions are all over the place and that is very common. again it's the drugs searching for a 'weak spot' in ur armor. they keep making u feel this way in hopes u will eventually give in and take 1. don't do it amber, rise above it and show them whose really the boss here.

pls be careful of taking too many of the xanax, along with the other things. those benzo's (xanax) will get u addicted sooo fast. i suggest u try taking the melatonin along with some sleepy time tea. maybe the 2 together will give u a few hrs of sleep.

it's very important for u to understand that SLEEP is the 1 thing that is so common among addicts that is so disrupted. nearly every single person complains of not being able to sleep. it's ok if u go to ur doc and ask for a FEW sleeping pills too. not too many but maybe just a few to help u get some much needed sleep. not being able to get that sleep makes all the other symptoms magnified so much.

u try to hang in there and don't give in. i know what ur going thru believe me. we've all been right where u are right now and it DOES PASS SOON. get out of ur house and go for a drive or walk. get ur doggie out and let him walk u ok. and put some music on. u might not believe how much that will help in this situation.

i'm with u amber and wish u the best. pls stay vigilant and just get as mad at those drugs as u possibly can. they are the cause of all of this and they want to control ur life. we all want u to be in charge and i fully believe u CAN make it!

Kikker has such an "eloquent" way of saying what I wanted too! Ditto to everything Kikker said! My god if ANYONE knows what your going thru, Kikker does! He was the one that coached, and held MY hand thru all of this, and Still is! You can do it Amber.....

And now Kikker is going thru a lot of his own! So let's support HIM as well

Dang iPad!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    (I had to go get on my PC, as the iPad wont let me post right, dunno whats going on with that...keeps cutting me off) But Kikker is really having a hard time right now, yet somehow finds the time to pop in and try to help US! You and Me and so many others....We owe it to him, and all of the others working so hard to help You and Me get clean and stay there Amber...We owe it to Ourselves, to Get Tough, and work thru this, not only for US, our Health, our well being, but also our Families, and folks that Love us and care so much about us! We HAVE to do this Amber....I have to Run into town for a bit and take care of some things...I'll be watching for you on my iPhone, but dont know if I can post on that thing....the iPad and Phone dont seem to jive well with this site for some reason...limiting my posting ability...but Ill keep an eye open! Please hang in there and know Im thinking about you, and want you to do this!!!!!

samsmad is offline New Member

Hey Amber,
    When I started this c/t thing I was hoping to find someone on here quitting about the same time as I. Well your'e it girl. I have two daughters probably about your age (20's) and I know I would be so thankful if they had people like Harry, Kikker and Rose standing by them. I know how hard it is-believe me. I think all these people on here do. Listen to them Amber. Be strong, you have so much to look forward to. I know you can do it.
    Sam

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

So, Amber this is like Day 3 for you? YOU HANG TOUGH AMBER: YOU CAN DO THIS. Insomnia never killed anyone, when your body has really had enough you'll sleep. Just don't resist. You might want to see your doc for some Ambien if you can't handle this. We, none of us here want to see you relapse out of sheer frustration and lack of sleep. Try the hyland's cramp forumula tiger mentioned. and keep the gatorade by you side, also plenty of good ol' h2o, orange juice for the potassium. The emotional thing, well, you haven't had real emotions in so long, so just cry, whatever. Taking the extra immodium shouldn't hurt you. You are in the deep of it now and the only thing you can do is to fight the symptoms and GET SOME EXERCISE, even if it's just a short walk. You need to get your natural endorphines working. You will get there, but you need to want it with every part of your being.

BTW, did you get rid of your stash? If you haven't DO IT, or have your boyfriend or dad do it: if you don't feel strong enough have someone with you when you get rid of them. THIS IS NON NEGOTIABLE. You cannot use ever again. There is no such thing as I'll just take one: Do you know how many people have relapsed and came back to this board? This will show commitment, but also as time goes by those creepy cravings will start. YOU WILL MAKE IT! As an old friend said: "This too shall pass."

You take care of yourself. Don't worry about anything but you.

Peace,

Iloerose

hey amber...how u doing now? pls check in and give us an update. hope ur doing better and ur symptoms are easing up a bit. stay strong and it will pass like i told u it would.

hopefully u are sleeping a bit. that would be great!

anyway i was just concerned after ur last post and want to make sure ur ok.

Its 12:30 here. Last night was hell
    I tossed, turned, took a bunch of hot showers, took so many RLS meds, imodium, 2 xanax, 2 melatonin, and was still up. I took some Tylenol PM around 8, and finally fell asleep around 9 ish, woke up at 10:30. Im so exhausted I wanna cry. Im already a very emotional person and this is definitely bringing out every emotion in me. Im going to start trying to get up and do things, walk my dog, etc. So far no bad symptoms, just all the same..Anxiety, restlessness, and the diarrhea has kinda subsisded (possibly because i haven't really at much) or because of the imodium. I want this to be over so bad.

u need to eat to keep ur strength up. what about those sleeping pills from ur doc? is that something u could get? just a few now...maybe 4-5 or so to help a little bit. once u get a little more sleep things won't seem so bad i promise.

hang in there amber...U CAN DO THIS....U ARE DOING THIS!!!

I can't afford it, I don't have insurance. Is there anything I can buy OTC?? This is miserable. I know you guys have heard it all before, and I know no one has died of insomnia but I really hate this feeling more than anything. Im so exhausted, and its POURING rain here and super windy, so it looks like I won't be doing any walks I might end up taking a drive if i can get up enough energy. I just ate a little bit of honey nut cheerios. Im going to take my multi-vite and my b6..Please pray for me today.

the rain stopped for a minute so i walked my dog and came back home and took off on a bike ride..it was miserable because of the wind but at least I'm getting exercise :/

Hey Amber, Im soo sorry your feeling like Poo! Unfortunately it goes with the territory..but you can certainly make it easier, by doing just what your doing...Hot Baths/Shower, keep moving, and take your Vitamins and EAT something! Honey Nut Cheerios is GREAT! Soup is good, A nice warm Soup & Crackers always makes me feel better. Now the insomnia was REAL tough on me...but as I said before, I got Mad at it, embraced it and just quit trying...I would just Get UP, turn on the TV and Veg on the couch with my legs and feet just a GOIN TO TOWN! LOL....I must have looked like the Biggest "Tard" layin on that couch and them feet just a "goin"...but what else could I do? Lay in bed and Cuss cause I couldnt get to sleep? Uh uh...not happenin!!! But here in my 3rd week of Subs tapering, I am sleeping like a baby with just one lil ol Melatonin! Havin some FREAKY dreams, but sleepin! I dont even wake up for my normal 4:30am PP LOL... Hang in there Honey, just a day or two more and you should start to come out of it...Heck, maybe not even THAT long...you may get up tomorrow and be feeling MUCH better! The point is, "Feelin Good" is just around the corner...almost there! Hold out for it! ALmost there!
    I can't afford it, I don't have insurance. Is there anything I can buy OTC?? This is miserable. I know you guys have heard it all before, and I know no one has died of insomnia but I really hate this feeling more than anything. Im so exhausted, and its POURING rain here and super windy, so it looks like I won't be doing any walks I might end up taking a drive if i can get up enough energy. I just ate a little bit of honey nut cheerios. Im going to take my multi-vite and my b6..Please pray for me today.

Thank you Harry, you always know what to say.
    Im just really emotional because I cannot sleep. Ive gotten about 4-5 hours total in the last two days and its really taking its toll on me. Im sitting here exhausted, so i went on a bike ride (against the wind) and it took everything out of me. I really don't know what else to do today to keep me busy and ware me out. I really want to be able to sleep tonight. Everyone says day 3 is the hardest day and here I am, crying like a baby because I just want to sleep. But like i said earlier thats really the only bad symptom I have, the insomnia, RLS, and the anxiety about not being able to sleep. Last night I put my headphones in my ears after taking the tylenol PM, listened to some country music on Pandora, and thats when i got about my hour of sleep. Tonight I may try the sleepy time tea again with some melatonin. By the way Im proud of you for tapering off subs, Ive heard thats much worse than percs, I hope you're staying strong too. You deserve to be happy
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Hey Hon,
    Yes the sleep thing IS horrible, I dont even wanna tell you how long I went without sleep during my withdrawals! And yup, it really REALLY got to me! (hint: I went over 160 hrs with NO sleep whatsoever!)but no way that will be your case, your already squeezing in a couple of hours here & there, and thats a Really good sign! you will be snoozin like a baby in NO time Honey, you'll see!
    Thank you Harry, you always know what to say.
    Im just really emotional because I cannot sleep. Ive gotten about 4-5 hours total in the last two days and its really taking its toll on me. Im sitting here exhausted, so i went on a bike ride (against the wind) and it took everything out of me. I really don't know what else to do today to keep me busy and ware me out. I really want to be able to sleep tonight. Everyone says day 3 is the hardest day and here I am, crying like a baby because I just want to sleep. But like i said earlier thats really the only bad symptom I have, the insomnia, RLS, and the anxiety about not being able to sleep. Last night I put my headphones in my ears after taking the tylenol PM, listened to some country music on Pandora, and thats when i got about my hour of sleep. Tonight I may try the sleepy time tea again with some melatonin. By the way Im proud of you for tapering off subs, Ive heard thats much worse than percs, I hope you're staying strong too. You deserve to be happy

Dont worry Hon, were BOTH gonna get thru this!!!! You'll See!

oh my gosh Harry 160 hours!?!? how did you manage!?!? I seriously tip my hat to you...
    Ive been trying to stay busy and ware myself out so maybe sleep will come easier to me.
    The SF Giants game is on at 5, and I know Ill be pumped up and screaming at the TV with my boyfriend, so maybe that will do a little help for me.
    Ill be posting throughout the day, stay strong harry, as ill do the same.

wheres rose by the way? I haven't hear from here in a minute.

Yup, 160 Hours STRAIGHT! and thats without so much as a WINK or Doze! It was HORRIBLE Amber...I was almost out of my MIND! I was crying, Sobbing, Pleading for it to come to an end...I made some iPhone Videos of me during that time, and look at them often! I was Pitiful Amber...and Im going to KEEP those video Diary's too! Anytime I even get an URGE to take a Pill, Im going to watch them! You should do that too, document your Withdrawals, your feelings, your pain, etc on your phone, then go back and watch it if you ever get the urge to take another Pill!!!! it WORKS!
    I dunno WHERE Rose is...havent heard from her most of the day...I know she is off work today, but had some things to do...She'll be around...not a DAY goes by she doesnt check in, ESPECIALLY when she has a couple of people she has taken a special interest in ((wink wink))) (and I meant YOU, not me LOL),,,so chek in later, she'll be here!
    SF Giants ey??? LOL....
    oh my gosh Harry 160 hours!?!? how did you manage!?!? I seriously tip my hat to you...
    Ive been trying to stay busy and ware myself out so maybe sleep will come easier to me.
    The SF Giants game is on at 5, and I know Ill be pumped up and screaming at the TV with my boyfriend, so maybe that will do a little help for me.
    Ill be posting throughout the day, stay strong harry, as ill do the same.

wheres rose by the way? I haven't hear from here in a minute.

Hey Amber, did you see this message Rose left for you earlier today???
    Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    So, Amber this is like Day 3 for you? YOU HANG TOUGH AMBER: YOU CAN DO THIS. Insomnia never killed anyone, when your body has really had enough you'll sleep. Just don't resist. You might want to see your doc for some Ambien if you can't handle this. We, none of us here want to see you relapse out of sheer frustration and lack of sleep. Try the hyland's cramp forumula tiger mentioned. and keep the gatorade by you side, also plenty of good ol' h2o, orange juice for the potassium. The emotional thing, well, you haven't had real emotions in so long, so just cry, whatever. Taking the extra immodium shouldn't hurt you. You are in the deep of it now and the only thing you can do is to fight the symptoms and GET SOME EXERCISE, even if it's just a short walk. You need to get your natural endorphines working. You will get there, but you need to want it with every part of your being.

BTW, did you get rid of your stash? If you haven't DO IT, or have your boyfriend or dad do it: if you don't feel strong enough have someone with you when you get rid of them. THIS IS NON NEGOTIABLE. You cannot use ever again. There is no such thing as I'll just take one: Do you know how many people have relapsed and came back to this board? This will show commitment, but also as time goes by those creepy cravings will start. YOU WILL MAKE IT! As an old friend said: "This too shall pass."

You take care of yourself. Don't worry about anything but you.

Peace,

Iloerose

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast