Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
Tapering off Percocet! Really need some support on this one.

Wow, i REALLY REALLY tip my hat to you. I honestly couldnt imagine. I probably would have cracked and taken a pill. But you're SO strong Harry. Thats so so admirable. I am going to do what you just suggested, make videos and remind myself I never want to be back in this dark place. I was just walking my dog and forgot to bring my iPhone (i usually turn on some music) so I started singing Bob Marley- Three Little Birds.."Don't worry about a thing, cuz every little thing, is gonna be alright." And i started choking back tears, Im one emotional wreck.
    Yeah I hope to hear from Rose soon, she seems so great, I love hearing her input as well.
    And yes sir SF Giants! We're in game 7 (the final game) against the St. Louis Cardinals to see who goes to the world series! So its a big day for us.
    Fingers crossed I get some good sleep tonight after all the excitement!

Oh I didn't see that message from Rose! I love that quote "This too shall pass"
    I don't ever want to cave in and take another pill because I know myself, I enjoy them too much and I know one will lead to two, two will lead to one huge mistake all over again.
    Im DONE! No more for me!
    iloerose likes this.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Ohhhhhhhh Honey, if you had only SEEN me 3 weeks ago, and been a "fly on the wall" you wouldnt have thought me so Strong! I was whimpering, and Crying like a BABY! Not Kidding!Oh I was soooooooo sick Amber...Imagine a 300-400mg a day habit down to Zip, Zero, Nothing!!! Ohhhhh BOY was I sick! And it was over the weekend, couldnt get any help, went to the ER and they just gave me something for Nausea and sent me home...I wanted to DIE, I really did!
    Oh dont you LOVE your iPhone?? Im on my 3rd one, just got the 5, and its AWESOME! What did we DO before these things LOL!
    Well, I gotta go take Schneider for his walk now too...I dont watch Sports, but ALPHAS is on tonight, new episode, so I wont be missing THAT! LOL, Im a HUGE Sci Fi fan, Walking Dead, Alphas, all that crazy stuff...Love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberNeedsHelp View Post
    Wow, i REALLY REALLY tip my hat to you. I honestly couldnt imagine. I probably would have cracked and taken a pill. But you're SO strong Harry. Thats so so admirable. I am going to do what you just suggested, make videos and remind myself I never want to be back in this dark place. I was just walking my dog and forgot to bring my iPhone (i usually turn on some music) so I started singing Bob Marley- Three Little Birds.."Don't worry about a thing, cuz every little thing, is gonna be alright." And i started choking back tears, Im one emotional wreck.
    Yeah I hope to hear from Rose soon, she seems so great, I love hearing her input as well.
    And yes sir SF Giants! We're in game 7 (the final game) against the St. Louis Cardinals to see who goes to the world series! So its a big day for us.
    Fingers crossed I get some good sleep tonight after all the excitement!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-22-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Add

Hey Amber....I just read a really Amazing, and Heartfelt Story from a guy on here that was getting off Percs/Oxy/Suboxone.... but its not so much about what he was on, as the Hell he went thru and came out on TOP! Its really inspirational if ya wanna read it! And Rose was the one helping him thru! Truly a great Story! Here it is>>> https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...tml#post380144

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

hey amber...i hope ur doing a little better this evening. end of day 3 coming up for u and u definitely deserve some huge congrats for making it to this point. i know what a struggle it has been for u and u have my total respect for wanting this sooo bad that u haven't caved yet when the drugs are trying so hard to kick ur butt. give urself a big ole pat on the back.

tomorrow being day 4 things should begin to turn for the better. u will still have some symptoms, but they should begin to be less intense. ur mind will be able to focus a little bit more than the first few days and ur body aches and pains will let up a bit for u. ur still not over it completely but u should definitely be able to notice the change from the previous days.

more of the same for u. treat the symptoms as they come up. keep taking those hot showers or baths, items from the thomas recipe will help, maybe some l-tyrosine for energy, along with vitamins b6 and b12 will help.

stay hydrated too. drink lots of fluids to flush those toxins out. gatorade is good, and of course water is absolutely necessary. if u like the protein shakes they will also help. the best thing u can do is to keep busy with lots of exercise. that does so much for u. gets u tired for sleep, keeps ur mind occupied, and also gets ur own endorphins working to their full potential. the drugs have taken the place of ur own natural endorphins and now u want them to get back to normal. exercise will do that for u.

keep doing just what ur doing now. ur doing all the right things and that's what u want. each day gets better and better for u amber. hang in there and let NOTHING stop u in ur decision to stop using drugs.
    AmberNeedsHelp likes this.

Thank you Harry Im definitely going to read that story right now! I give you big big big virtual hugs right now about your perseverance..That takes SO much strength. Ive found myself wanting to break in this process and now I hear your story and it does nothing but give me more hope and strength. If you can pull through this agony so can I! Thank you for being such an inspiration! And Im kinda into those SciFi things..I like those murder mystery shows. Creeeeeepy! lol. And you're SO right about the iPhone. I told my boyfriend that its like my life back when I just had the 3g and he thought I was crazy..then he got one and knew EXACTLY what he was missing out on lol. I will never have another phone!

Kikker Thank you for being so positive. Im very hopeful today.Everyone says day 3 is the hardest and to be honest it hasn't been too bad. Im very emotional but thats mostly because i haven't been able to sleep. So far my only bad w/d symptoms are the RLS and the sleeplessness. but if I can squeeze in any amount of sleep Im happy. I rode my bike earlier, took my dog for 2 walks, and now I'm watching the baseball game with my bf, which is involving a lot of high fives and screaming, so I think I'm working on getting those natural endorphins up. I keep telling myself "just one day at a time!" Im hoping the rumors about day 3 being the hardest are true because I'm ready to be over this hump and get my life back. I need to go pick up the L-tyrosine, I looked for it at CVS..and zero luck. Any idea where I can get some of that?

Hey guys just giving everyone an update.
    its 9:45 here...in 2 hours I'll hit my 72 hour mark! A full 3 days! Gosh I can't believe it..
    Overall Ive felt pretty good today.. Laughing, smiling, watching the baseball game with my boyfriend (GO GIANTS!! WERE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES BY THE WAY!). I have been an emotional roller coaster though, crying for very silly reasons. But the RLS and anxiety hasn't hit yet. Normally it likes to creep up on me around bed time. I got a different kind of Hyland's Leg Cramps since a few people suggested that over the restless legs one, so we will see how that works. I think tonight Im just going to take a few of those, and half of a Xanax before bed..if Im still feeling restless Im going to make some sleepy time tea or take a melatonin. Last night I put my earbuds in and listened to music to put me to sleep which helped a little, even though I only got about an hour and a half or less of sleep.
    But overall, Im staying strong. I don't want to resort back to these pills ever again. Im so motivated to stay on track because I have SO much to live and stay sober for. My amazing boyfriend and dad being two of the huge reasons. I can't wait until I can say I've been a week clean...then a month...then a year...Nothing will be more fulfilling.
    Say some prayers for me tonight that I get some sleep! Im very emotional as it is (even 10x more if I don't get sleep! lol)
    Love and Prayers to all of you.

gosh amber....that last post of urs sounded so positive! i believe u've gotten over the hump like we knew u would and on ur way. so in return that makes ME feel sooo much better. now u can see how important it is to keep posting ur progress. u helped not only me, but the many many others out there that have been reading along that u don't even know about.

they read along and see how ur feeling and begin to wonder if they can do it themselves. then they read that post of urs and KNOW that they can. u may have just saved another addict's life and that should make u feel over the top with pride and joy.

i'm telling u right now that u will get some sleep. u might not be sleeping a full 8 hrs, but u will be able to get some at this point and that in return will make the day go better for u...

staying busy is extremely important now. the drugs will make u think it's all over and it isn't. they make 1 last stand and will try their best to get back the addict in u. be on guard all the time now. don't give in to their way of thinking. keep thinking positive thoughts and they will run.

ur mind at this point is ur most powerful weapon. u can make urself believe what u want to believe. just know that this is almost over (the physical symptoms) and u WILL be feeling much better quickly. i promise u that is the case.

get out and do something when u can. don't just lay around and think about things. get in all the walks u are able to. ur doggie will appreciate that...

the leg cramps will slowly begin to disappear, and the body aches and pains will also be less irritating for u.

and about the crying....just know it's the very BEST of things for u right now. what's happening is ur emotions are coming back. they have been suppressed by the drugs for so long that u are not used to things like laughing and cryin. let it all come out. u'll find urself cryin and laughing at the oddest moments. things maybe won't make sense to u but it's exactly what should be happening. the old amber is coming back that the drugs are finally going to have to be admitting that. u are now winning and they are losing. isn't that the best feeling in the world?

i'm sooo proud of u amber. it took so much strength and courage to keep fighting like u have in the last 2-3 days. lots of people just give up cause they don't want it bad enough. but not u....u took it head on and gave them (drugs) a run for their money....

be proud of urself amber....very PROUD!

samsmad is offline New Member

Hi Amber,
    Really glad you are doing better. Think of you often. I am so proud of you.
    Sam

forgot to add...u can get the l-tyrosine at gnc or most other health food type places. possibly meijer or walmart will have it. try 1 500 mg capsule first and if that doesn't help try another.

some of it has the b6 already in it. check the label. if it doesn't get some. vitamin b6 helps ur body absorb the other vitamins and supplements u take.

and a huge congrats to ur giants for making it to the world series!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-23-2012 at 05:01 AM.

You can also get the l-Tyrosine on amazon.com amber...my little local healthfood store didnt have it, too small of a town I reckon, but just wanted to let you know they had it qt amazon! How ya feeling today? Sleep?????How are YOU doing Kikker???
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    forgot to add...u can get the l-tyrosine at gnc or most other health food type places. possibly meijer or walmart will have it. try 1 500 mg capsule first and if that doesn't help try another.

some of it has the b6 already in it. check the label. if it doesn't get some. vitamin b6 helps ur body absorb the other vitamins and supplements u take.

and a huge congrats to ur giants for making it to the world series!

its 7:15 am here..i got about an hour and a half of sleep again around 1:30 keep waking up and taking more stuff to put me back to bed...this sucks.
    hopefully i can stop over thinking and just fall asleep for a solid 4-5 hours for once. Id give my left leg for some good sleep right now.
    but I'm feeling better. really no physical symptoms (knock on wood). just exhaustion still.
    thanks to everyone saying how proud they are of me, I'm very proud too. I hope people who are reading this are feeling hopeful for themselves as well. I promise anyone out there trying to kick this thing cold turkey, its doable! Im almost over that hump and once my sleep pattern gets back to normal,ill be one happy camper.
    im gonna try and get in some more zzzzz's if i can. wish me luck guys
    xoxo

OHhhh Amber, Luck has NOTHING to do with it Girl! Its ALL about your Intestinal Fortitude and Commitment to getting and STAYING Clean! And it sure sounds like to me you have an AWFUL LOT of BOTH!!!!!!
    its 7:15 am here..i got about an hour and a half of sleep again around 1:30 keep waking up and taking more stuff to put me back to bed...this sucks.
    hopefully i can stop over thinking and just fall asleep for a solid 4-5 hours for once. Id give my left leg for some good sleep right now.
    but I'm feeling better. really no physical symptoms (knock on wood). just exhaustion still.
    thanks to everyone saying how proud they are of me, I'm very proud too. I hope people who are reading this are feeling hopeful for themselves as well. I promise anyone out there trying to kick this thing cold turkey, its doable! Im almost over that hump and once my sleep pattern gets back to normal,ill be one happy camper.
    im gonna try and get in some more zzzzz's if i can. wish me luck guys
    xoxo

Its 12:45 here and I actually got a little more sleep! It took another half of a xanax and some more RLS meds but I slept a good 3-4 hours. Im still pretty tired but relieved that I got some sleep!
    My tummys a little messed up but mentally a feel okay. Today once my stomach starts feeling a little better I'm going to go to walmart to pick up to l-tyrosene. Im gonna need it for the energy!
    Anyone out there going through the first few days of w/d, its definitely doable! It is a pain, but it gets better. Especially when you have these amazing people on this board to turn to who are so interested in your progress and getting you better. I feel so strong mentally now, I can get through these next few days no problem!

CigarMan is offline New Member

Hey Amber....Its your Ol Pal!!! LOL....ya know....the one that Loves Walking Dead and iPhones....LOL.....Im still here.....just had a lil problem....LOL.....

Uh oh. I hope everything is okay!? I was worried there for a minute since I didn't hear from you.

Today my chest is really tight :\ I'm not sure if its my anxiety but its almost like I'm a little short of breath. Hopefully this passes..

How is everyone? It'd be nice to hear from you all who have been helping me along this journey
    (almost 87 hours clean)

Its 12:45 here and I actually got a little more sleep! It took another half of a xanax and some more RLS meds but I slept a good 3-4 hours. Im still pretty tired but relieved that I got some sleep!
    My tummys a little messed up but mentally a feel okay. Today once my stomach starts feeling a little better I'm going to go to walmart to pick up to l-tyrosene. Im gonna need it for the energy!
    Anyone out there going through the first few days of w/d, its definitely doable! It is a pain, but it gets better. Especially when you have these amazing people on this board to turn to who are so interested in your progress and getting you better. I feel so strong mentally now, I can get through these next few days no problem!
    now that's what i'm talking about! u have definitely turned the corner. and it keeps getting better and better now amber. u sound sooo much better....that's awesome!

pls be careful with that xanax like i told ya. it can sneak up on u before u know it and u'll be addicted to that too. we don't want any problems there. i know u'll watch it.

it's ok to take some immodium for ur tummy issues. that should help.

ur energy will slowly return on it's own. u won't be running a marathon, but u'll notice an improvement in it each day.

ur sleep is coming around too. remember that is the very last thing to return to normal so give it more time.

overall i say ur doing great! ur posts are very positive and ur thoughts are clear. ur doing all the right things amber and that is all we can ask. another day or 2 and u will be golden.

our friend harry has some problems. the mods won't put up with cussing in any form for long. they banned him and his new name to. usually they give em a week to think about things and then give em another chance. hope they let him back on soon and he is very careful from then on.

rose and i will keep track of u. i'm having some issues myself right now and may be off from time to time. i'll check on u every chance i get. u know what u need to do now. i am so proud of u. u should be extremely proud of urself. bet ur dad and boyfriend are too?!

take care girl and i'll talk with u later....
    kikker

Thank you Kikker. It feels so good to hear people sound so proud of me, and make me feel like the darkest times are over. I don't know if you saw my post above about my chest being tight? I don't know if its anxiety or what but its kinda scaring me :\ other than that I really feel good.
    Im going to try to not use Xanax tonight. I have muscle relaxers, do you think that would be safe to replace the xanax with? Sleep is my worst enemy right now but like you said, its the last thing to return..hoping for sooner than later.
    as for yourself, I hope you're doing okay. I saw some of your threads and I am worried about you too. I hope you're taking good care of yourself. Its very admirable that you're going through your own pain and still managing to check up on people like myself who are struggling as well. Thank you so much for that.

I haven't hear from Rose lately I hope she's doing okay and taking good care of herself too.

We'll stay in touch today

rose is real busy will school stuff. she teaches and that always keeps a person busy. i'm sure she will be here at some point soon.

as for ur chest issues. i would tend to think it's more stress than anything, but i am NOT a doctor. it does present it's own concerns. if u feel it's something that needs attention don't EVER be afraid to go to the ER or call ur doctor. always better to be safe than sorry with chest pain or heart concerns. talk to ur dad and/or boyfriend and get their opinions.

i wouldn't want to be responsible for ur health in that dept on this forum. even if i was a doctor u can't be diagnosed from here ya know.

its' possible it will pass on it's own, but if u feel it needs immediate attention then call ur doc or go to the ER.

any of the benzo's (xanax) really scare me amber. i was addicted to them in the past and they just frighten me so much....

not sure about the muscle relaxers. use ur own judgement in that dept. just be very careful what u take now. what u did was to just get off taking pills and u want to stay away from doing more of that. if u take the xanax, muscle relaxers, other pills, etc, etc, etc it sounds too much like popping pills.

what i mean is that u want to do everything possible to get away from 'addictive behavior" like taking pills. if u need it and it helps then it's ok in SMALL form. just be very, very careful with what u take ok.

i meant it when i say i'm proud of u. u have done everything asked of u and are now seeing the rewards of that process. so many give in and take that first pill which is exactly what the drugs keep trying to get u to do. u held firm, worked very hard, and u are now feeling better. in another day or 2 u might not believe how good u will be feeling....

keep posting and let us know how ur feeling. i will check on u again soon. take care and have a great evening.

DDAVE45 is offline Member

kikker..............what a job you have been doing helping everyone on the forum.....keep up the good work.
    AmberNeedsHelp and iloerose like this.

thanks kikker. it doesn't feel serious but it feels like the feeling i get after i drink too much coffee/caffeine throughout the day, but if it gets worse i won't hesitate to go to Urgent care. thanks so much for the concern. and for showing how proud you are of me

Sam, how are you doing by the way? Haven't heard from you either

Quote Originally Posted by DDAVE45 View Post
    kikker..............what a job you have been doing helping everyone on the forum.....keep up the good work.
    thank u so much for taking the time to say that ddave. i really appreciate it. doing my best here along with so many others to help all that i can.
    AmberNeedsHelp and samsmad like this.

anyone out there...?

hi amber....checking on u to see how ur doing today. hope ur feeling better. u should really be feeling better today. keep doing the same things. give us a shout when u can and let us know how ur doing.

samsmad is offline New Member

anyone out there...?
    Hi Amber,
    Hows it going. I'm sure you are feeling much better, like a bird out of a cage. Be strong. Finish the race-the end is in sight. Good Luck. Still praying for you.
    Sam

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hey Amber, How are you doing? Are you feeling better? Give an update. Had a long day yesterday 7-7 and It's been a 5-4:30 day today. Finally going home, will check with you later!

Iloerose

Hey guys.
    So my anxiety has been kicking my butt I had anxiety before all of this, so I'm sure I have it worse than most who are w/ding. I slept like poo again (fell asleep around 8 am, woke up at 11) and immediately called the dr. because my chest was so tight and i couldn't take a deep breath. I went to the dr. and they said I was having panic attack from all of the stress possibly. She also was concerned about me relying on Xanax for sleep every night since its so addicting, so she prescribed me Cyclobenzaprine (10 mg). which is a muscle relaxer that she says is non-addicting. so hopefully tonight i can take one of those and get some decent sleep. no more xanax for me..all my other symptoms seem to be gone though. Im thinking back to day one though and feeling so much stronger than I was. I didn't think i was going to make it through day one..but here I am.
    THanks for checking in on me and all the support you guys, I thought everyone had given up on me

excellent going to the doc. glad she gave u something to help. i told u i thought it might be the stress of all of this. i know how scary that can be for u. hopefully that will put u more at ease now.

i'm very happy ur done with that xanax. those benzo's really scare me. i had a problem with them before. got addicted and it was a nightmare getting off them. smart doc getting u off them amber.

no one is gonna give up on u....EVER! i know i'll be here for u always and i'm sure the others will too. just remember that everyone here has their life to live. most work or go to school...or both. have families and diff functions to attend. so pls don't worry if u don't get responses right away. something comes up at times and ppl are just so busy these days. i'm sure u understand.

do urself a HUGE favor right now and go back and read this thread from the very beginning. see how far u've come. u won't believe the change in urself. pls take the time to do it often. especially when those times come and u are down with urself a bit. that will pick u up so much.

pls keep posting and use this as ur journal. u'll want to keep looking back and see how u've done. put all ur thoughts down no matter how silly they may or may not sound. this is ur therapy and it does help to post.

i would strongly suggest that u get into 1 of the support groups offered. like na, aa, cr, or any of the other groups. u'll meet other addicts like urself that have the same issues u have. there will be some avail in ur area. i figured my way of remaining clean wasn't working so i need to do something diff. probably the same for u too. i have found a group right near my home. pls take the time to go. it just might save ur life.

ur doing all the right things amber. u make me smile and i can already see a brand new amber emerging thru all of this. just wait for another day or 2 to get here. u'll feel soooo good u might not believe it.

take care and now u can relax a bit after going to the doc. i'll check in on u later. have a great afternoon.

THank you so much Kikker for your kind words. you're right i do need to remember people do have lives outside of this forum, its just been my lifesaver this past week and am checking it constantly.
    Ive gone back and read this post from start to finish so many times, and thats what keeps me going, and makes me so proud of myself. This whole time you, as well as many other, have had my back no matter how weak, emotional, or strong I was being and i am forever thankful for that.
    I hope everything in your life is going well, I can tell you are definitely a strong person and have no doubt in my mind you will succeed at staying clean.
    Im going to try and keep myself busy today, but I will be checking in here and there. Have a great day!
    xo

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Hey Amber: I'm glad to see you posting! The sleeplessness and anxiety are usually the last to go away. But it will in time. Your doc is right, you don't want to go down the xanax road. That's for sure! But, girl, you are going to be entering day 5! Yahoo! for you. I'm proud of you. This is the hardest thing you'll ever do in your life and you're kicking some major butt, here. Keep up the exercise, I can't stress that enough: when we do opiates we deplete natural endorphines. To get those back exercise helps anything that revs up your system some, you will feel less anxiety and start feeling more like sleep is possible. You've got this! Keep posting, really anything at all!

Yes, you should be proud of yourself, I'm proud of you too.

Rose

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast