Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
Tapering off Percocet! Really need some support on this one.

Thanks Rose, I do really feel proud of myself. But today I'm really sad..after bawling my eyes out at the dr.'s office, she recommended me seeing a counselor, so I have an appointment tomorrow to talk to a counselor about it.
    What I'm most worried about now is this anxious/depressed feeling staying here forever. Since I have a history of anxiety that I have been masking with percocet for the last year Im scared that all that anxiety is going to stick around for good, and not let me be myself

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

look at going to the counselor as a good thing amber. sounds like u have a very good, well informed doctor. that therapy may be just what u need to get thru some of the issues that is causing ur anxiety, stress and depression. i think it will do u good at this point.

the first visit is always a bit overwhelming, but it gets better like everything else over time. i've gone many times myself and it helped so much to just talk thru things with a confidental one one one professional. u'll be able to talk things out that are troubling u and u'll feel such a sense of relief when u head home. i bet it does u a world of good.

the drugs have covered up ur emotions for so long and they have been basically hidden from u. they need to come out and a good counselor will be able to help that along. very very good choice for u amber.

how are u feeling otherwise? have ur symptoms settled down a bit? day 5 is usually the turning point where it all comes together and everything is so much better. ur sleep will also start to improve and that is always a good thing as u well know.

overall u should be happy and proud of ur progress. u've done everything asked of u and have been a pleasure to work with. pls keep posting ur feelings to get them out on 'paper' here. it really does help.

don't worry about a thing now. trust the process and it will all work out for u i promise. u have urself a great evening and i really hope u are able to get some sleep tonight. talk to u again soon....

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Absolutely like kikker said: be proud of your progress. Counseling is a good thing. It's easier to get clean than to stay that way. Even though at this point, you may feel like you'll never touch another opiate in your life. An important part is to get to those issues that got us here. Emotions coming back are a good thing. I remember bawling my eyes out at stupid commercials. The slightest thing would set me off. Like I said, as your natural endorphines start to kick in, you'll start being able to cope so much better. You might also want to check out local NA meetings. No, the anxious, depressed feelings will not stay forever. The more clean time you have the better you'll feel, really. One of my sayings is: My worst day sober is better than my best day using. So hang in there, you will learn to deal with life on life's terms sober. This is the hardest thing you will do in your life. I know the sleep issue is a real bugger, but you will recover from that, like I said, go with it, read, watch comedies, make yourself comfie, don't worry about sleep, just take care of YOU.

Rose
    AmberNeedsHelp likes this.

TryptoFan is offline New Member

Red face

Hi all. I just read this entire thread. Do any of you actually know each other? Your so supportive its incredible. I am also on day five, Amber. Coming off a 3 yr high- dose oxy spree (120mg daily). I also was using it to mask depression after being prescribed it for pain. I tried getting off by tapering with Suboxone but found out it has a longer half life & 2mg of that (??) also equals about 20mgs straight oxy so once I thought i was doing so well on such a low dose I was horrified how "high" I still was. That's when i said screw it and jumped. Same day you did. Sub takes a little longer so I am still feeling like your day three. I totally feel ya. I have five kids all under 15 in three diff schools and one still at home with me so its pretty horrible trying to withdrawl & keep up but I love following these threads to give me hope & compare. I bought a big bag of whey protien from Costco (Walmart has it too - muscle milk?) I take that with multi-vits three times a day. I understand it helps repair the nuerotransmittors we destroyed with the opiates. Our brains stopped producing the chemicals that allow us to enjoy things and be happy without suppliments like oxy, percs etc. You probably had a deficiency before you even started pain meds. Probably why you kept takimg them too because they made you feel happy for once. The protein suppliments ARE helping. And knowing physically what the issue is helps too. Chemical damage to your brain takes time to heal just like a broken bone or an infection or wound. If that makes sense. Like antibiotics help an infection, the proper nutrition and building blocks will help repair your brain. You have to saturated it tho. I wish you the best of luck. Hang in there i am right behind you!!!! .....oh and quit with the xanax I hope. I desperately wanted to take all that stuff but I know the more mind altering substances I put in my body, the slower the healing. And I know, like you, you just want this to end. Trust me, I did exactly what you are doing trying to quit. I went and got Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall, Nuvigil to try to keep me up and moving whole getting off oxy/sub. No no no no no. Now I'm only coming off both. Sucks. LOL. Yes I am laughing....cuz I realize how desperate I was for relief and tried to convinced myself I had a "disorder" ...ADHD, Depression...I even thought i had Narcolepsy because I couldn't stay awake on Amphetamines. I had a sleep study done and they CONFIRMED Narcolepsy and continued me on stimulants but I have only since realized the lethargy is from the damage from the opiates. I don't want any more pills. Just want my brain back. I was really just fine before I started using. Maybe a TINY depressed but nothing some good food can't fix. Sorry for rambling but if any of it helped, great and its helping me to share also because I have no one to talk to. Hope your sleeping. I am off to bed now. Just got my little ones to sleep finally.
    AmberNeedsHelp and iloerose like this.

Kikker and Rose, I know this depression is just my brain getting its stuff back in order, and I'm very hopeful that it won't be here forever. It comes and goes. Right now I'm watching baseball with my boyfriend and I'm just fine. Its when I sit down and do nothing that my mind starts wandering and playing tricks on me..I gotta stay focused and happy. My boyfriend and dad have been amazing thru out the whole process..saying corny jokes to make me happy, constantly rubbing my back, asking me if i need anything, its everything and more that I could ask for.
    Tonight all Im going to take is the muscle relaxer that the dr. prescribed (non-addicting) and some RLS meds to get some sleep. I guess I really should consider myself lucky I'm getting SOME sleep, after reading posts on here about people literally getting zero sleep. I keep praying that each night I get a little more sleep. Ill take anything at this point. Saturday is a BIG day for me so I think Im really stressing out about that, which I need to stop because its only making matters worse..just gotta go with the flow.

Tryptofan- no, I don't (personally) know any of these people on here...pretty amazing isn't it? these people are complete strangers yet have held my hand thru this entire thing. Everytime I was feeling weak or upset, I would post on here, and they would get back to me as fast as possible with nothing but kind and encouraging words of hope. This place really is a life saver..Dont feel bad for rambling, if you see above, I do it a lot. Its good to get all of your emotions and feelings out on here, its good to know we stopped those awful drugs in time to still HAVE emotions! Im very proud of you for having so much going on in your life yet still managing to deal. It really is a battle, and if you ever feel you need to talk, rant, cry, anything..you can come here and do it. Myself, including so many helpful others will be there to lend an ear (or an eye). Stay strong through this, you can do it! WE can do it!

Jupiter55 is offline Junior Member

Hi Amber,
    I can really relate to your post and I think we have a very similar situation. Good for you in planning out your taper so well. I'm right behind you on that, just waiting until I see my doctor tomorrow. I don't have enough meds to plan out a taper. Please feel free to read my forum post from yesterday for more info on my situation. How are you doing? Hang in there and stay strong!! The withdrawals seem so scary but I know you can handle it. Just imagine that you have a really bad flu. Your body will feel so much better when it is free of this awful drug. I am here for you so you are not alone! Jupiter

Oops! Just read the whole thread and saw that you went c/t. You are really inspiring me to do the same! I am so ready to be done with these awful pills. I hope you are doing alright Amber. I have a degree in Psychology too... I think we have a lot in common. Thanks for posting and being a source of inspiration.

Hey Jupiter. Yep, I tried the taper route but was only fooling myself. I would tell myself "Okay today Im going to only take 2 pills today!" But then later when I was craving a better high I would tell myself "okay ill just take one more today, and one less another another day!" Nope, never happened. So I just decided to take the jump, I was only dragging out what I could have gotten over in 4-5 days. Im really glad I did. It has been pretty icky, but honestly, not unbearable. I wasn't on a very high dosage (50 mg per day at the most) so Ive seen some pretty bad horror stories on this forum and am thankful I didn't let it get too far. Its definitely a mental battle, which Im still fighting, but the toughest part is over. To be honest Jupiter, the first day was the hardest..Each day has gotten a little better, and I just keep telling myself "Im one day closer to being 100% free of this drug and these feelings."
    Im going to go read your forum right now, I'm very interested in your story. It feels really good to hear that my story has inspired even just one person. I hope people read this and realize its okay to talk to people about your problem, since almost all of us have been there before, and know what its like to really need help. Ill read your story and get back to you. In the meantime, stay strong! It's awesome that we have so much in common!
    Jupiter55 likes this.

TryptoFan....welcome to the forum. u can always start ur own thread and receive the same kind of support as amber has received. congtats on ur jump and hope ur doing well.

hello amber....how ya feelin today? forgive me if u have mentioned it before but what have u got going on sat? u said it was big day for u and i was curious is all.

let us know how it goes with the counselor. hope u were able to sleep a little better. it will get there just try to be patient as u can.

see how ur story is helping others?! that is what is so awesome about posting. others read along and u help them with their problems. and many more are reading that haven't joined and u are helping them too.

take care amber and i'll get with u again later.

Hey Kikker,
    So last night all I took was one melatonin, some Hylands restful legs, and a muscle relaxer the dr. prescribed me, NO XANAX. and I actually got some decent sleep. Definitely woke up a few times but ended up falling back asleep for a few hours! I had a good day yesterday..I watched the baseball game with my bf and dad again, went to my bfs softball game, then he and his friend came over to the house and hangout until about 1:30 am, so my mind was kept busy. Im feeling pretty anxious today, mostly about my visit to my counselor.
    Diarrhea is back today for some reason..possibly cuz I haven't taken any imodium in the past few days..I might end up taking another one if it continues..
    The anxiety I feel comes in a "hot flash" to my head..its weird. I just keep thinking that the anxiety is never going to subside since I had it before the Percocets (not everyday but quite often), but I need to keep telling myself Im psyching myself out and "this too shall pass". My BIG DAY Saturday is stressing me out..I have to be up by 7 AM to take a big exam at school, then go to work, then I'm supposed to be going to a friends Halloween Party. Im not so anxious about the party so much, obviously I'm not obligated to go to that.. But the exam is something I CANNOT miss, and this will be my first day back at work since going C/T, so Im hoping these anxious feelings subside and my sleep gets into a good pattern so I can get enough sleep the night before.
    I have my appointment at 2:30, and Im going to try to go to school after if Im not an emotional wreck.. Ill post later.

Hang in there Amber! I am also so scared about the anxiety. It is something that I have experienced in my life prior to the pain meds. I think a big draw to the pain meds, for people like us, is that it wipes out all of that anxiety. They just make you numb to everything and that feels so great for once, but it wears off after awhile. Then, as you know, you are caught in a cycle that is tough to break. Remember that this anxiety is just your body restoring itself to normal functioning. It's chemical. I try to tell myself that when I am stressing. It WILL PASS. It is just your brain chemistry fighting itself back to normal. You are okay. I hope you are feeling better today after your appointment. I will be posting today after mine. You can do the exam on Saturday! You will be at how many days clean at that point? It may be tough to wake-up but you will do it. It's just another day like all of the rest. Don't blow it up in your mind as anything more. You will get through it just like you have gotten through each of these extremely tough days recently. You are very strong Amber! You are stronger than me right now, because I am still afraid to try c/t. Hang in there girl!

Just to give everyone an update..
    My first meeting with my consoler went amazing. I cried, spilled my guts, and was given some of the best words of wisdom I could be given. He helped me figure out what triggers my anxiety, and the fact that I do, indeed, bring it upon myself by telling myself how worried I am about having anxiety in the future, or for having a future panic attack. I need to learn to live in the present, because the present is what is here now and all we can do with it is learn to be Okay with it. Instead of working myself up and trying to fight off demons, I need to find a BALANCE. He taught me an amazing breathing exercise, and I have never felt more alive/relaxed/new/free in such a long time I wanted to cry. He did the breathing exercise with me for about 20 minutes and talked to me the entire time as I sat there and focused on my breathing in the new positive energy and saying goodbye to all the tension leaving my body. I am going to use this exercise anytime I find myself feeling anxious, even after this nasty withdrawal anxiety is gone (Which is my main hump I'm trying to get over). I'm going to learn to embrace my anxiety and just be Ok with it, because it WILL pass..

Anyone considering seeing a counselor or therapist during their struggles of addiction, I HIGHLY recommend it..

Im going to be okay I can't wait to live my life sober and free!
    Jupiter55 likes this.

timetoquit123 is offline New Member

Hi All,
    {ve been taking Percs for about 5 years now. I am more than ready to be done with it and I am aware of the benefits of a support group. as I prepare to quit this weekend I am trying to set my support group tp help me be sucsessfull. I wanted to say hello and hope my input could be as helpfull to some as the one I hope to ind for myself

that's one of the most positive posts i have ever read amber! i am absolutely thrilled for u. what a huge amt of energy u come on here with. u seem ready to take on the world right now. WOW....good for u my friend!

now u have some more ammo to help u fight this disease. ur new, CLEAN life is now beginning. it doesn't get much better than that post of urs i have just read. i am soooo happy for u. bet u have a smile that's a mile wide right now.

Kikker you seriously hit the nail on the head! I seriously feel like a weight has been lifted off of my chest, shoulders, head,EVERYTHING..I was truly sitting here feeling sorry for myself for a hot second, and by talking to the counselor I got a clearer vision of how I need to be living life right now and how I need to approach this disease and my anxiety overall.
    After the session was over I went to my last class at school, was all smiles.. Came home, walked my dog and not even kidding you I had a new skip to my walk. I used to dance and as I was walking my dog I started busting out old dance routines. My dog was looking at me like I was a crazy person. I came back home, threw in some laundry, grabbed my planner and started planning out my week (which I've been avoiding doing this whole week) and am about to go grocery shopping! I FEEL SO GOOD!
    Thank you SO SO SO SO much to you my friends: Kikker, Rose, Harry (wherever you are out there! lol), and everyone else who has joined in and given me encouragement, congratulations, and more motivation to keep trucking. I am seriously FOREVER thankful for all of you, you all have saved my life. You'll forever be in my thoughts and prayers and I wish nothing but happiness and good things in all of your lives.
    To anyone out here just admiring from a far, or contributing to the convo that is fighting their own battle against these drugs or any drugs for that matter, PERSEVERANCE! its doable! and so much of it is mental..After all the physical symptoms were gone I realized I was only dragging myself down by putting all these mental symptoms on myself, which I could have kicked a few days ago. POST YOUR HEARTS AWAY! There's no stupid question, addiction thats too little or too big that the amazing people on here won't help you with! Ill also try and stay up on here to help people out the way everyone here has helped me. I hope my story helps at least one of you out there, I know after reading this you must think I'm an emotional roller coaster/lunatic but hey, thats what drugs do to ya lol. Kick em for good guys! Im almost on 7 days sober and I can't tell you how good it feels!
    So much love and respect to you all.
    XO
    Leeanne15 likes this.

Jupiter! I hope your appointment went well! I hope you held nothing back from your doctor so they can help you kick this nasty disease for good! I feel ya on the anxiety, as you've probably read from me babbing like a baby above lol. But truly look into seeing a counselor, or looking up videos on how to do breathing exercises! I am not a "sit still and meditate" type of person.. I took a Yoga class once and was the person laughing at everyone who was so focused. But man oh man, the breathing exercise I was taught today was seriously life changing! its amazing what just "listening to your breathing" and pushing out all of the negative junk/tension can do for you. Try and get through this without the anxiety meds, I KNOW you can do it girl! I tip my hat to you for coming here and seeking help, thats how you know you REALLY want this. If i can do it so can you! I have the utmost faith and respect for you. Keep us all posted!
    Jupiter55 likes this.

Smile

Thanks for the welcomes and glad to hear your doing good Amber. Today is day 6 for me. I think a couple of my drugs have a 72 hour half lives so day three and six (today) have been the worst. I had to attend open house magnet intro at my sons highschool this evening for 2 hrs. Thought I was gonna die as my son wants to be a theoretical physicist and the closet magnet he could join fkr that field was medical biology and applied physics and they had sheeps hearts in formaldihyde...hands down worst smell on the planet end of discussion and to my heightened smell even home now after shower I can smell it still. Ooooooiiioh!! I tried posting my own thread but I can't figure this site out from my phone which is how I log on. I'm content to keep tabs here because amber describes everything so well and often it helps me remember i am not alone doing this. So if you dont mind I will just keep popping in now and then. I dont get time to check on here enough to respond to my own thread anyways. Good night all. Tomorrow is my husbands birthday and my anniversary. I hope i can make it through that. After surviving 2 hours around 300 freshman and stinky sheeps hearts? I may make it. thanks for the words from your therapist too Amber. I like to keep repeating "I have many more "highs" in me but I have no more "withdrawls" in me. Meaning as much as i could tolerate and enjoy several more times of getting high, I have zero tolerence to go through another withdrawl...this is it. That will keep me straight.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberNeedsHelp View Post
    Hey Kikker,
    So last night all I took was one melatonin, some Hylands restful legs, and a muscle relaxer the dr. prescribed me, NO XANAX. and I actually got some decent sleep. Definitely woke up a few times but ended up falling back asleep for a few hours! I had a good day yesterday..I watched the baseball game with my bf and dad again, went to my bfs softball game, then he and his friend came over to the house and hangout until about 1:30 am, so my mind was kept busy. Im feeling pretty anxious today, mostly about my visit to my counselor.
    Diarrhea is back today for some reason..possibly cuz I haven't taken any imodium in the past few days..I might end up taking another one if it continues..
    The anxiety I feel comes in a "hot flash" to my head..its weird. I just keep thinking that the anxiety is never going to subside since I had it before the Percocets (not everyday but quite often), but I need to keep telling myself Im psyching myself out and "this too shall pass". My BIG DAY Saturday is stressing me out..I have to be up by 7 AM to take a big exam at school, then go to work, then I'm supposed to be going to a friends Halloween Party. Im not so anxious about the party so much, obviously I'm not obligated to go to that.. But the exam is something I CANNOT miss, and this will be my first day back at work since going C/T, so Im hoping these anxious feelings subside and my sleep gets into a good pattern so I can get enough sleep the night before.
    I have my appointment at 2:30, and Im going to try to go to school after if Im not an emotional wreck.. Ill post later.
    Amber: watched this program on nova science. One of the things they did for test anxiety was to have people journal before they took a major test. All they needed to do was to write out all the feelings they had about the test, how they felt, etc. People who journaled their feelings before the test did better than those who didn't. You might try it. You are going through quite a bit: first of all, you should be feeling better by Saturday as you are getting in clean time, second, prioritize your day. What's most important? What can you skip or shove to the back of your brain? You'll get through this, I always worry more than I need to and find out that I've made the proverbial mountain out of the molehill. Just wanted to pop in and see how you are doing.

Peace,

Iloerose

Jupiter! I hope your appointment went well! I hope you held nothing back from your doctor so they can help you kick this nasty disease for good! I feel ya on the anxiety, as you've probably read from me babbing like a baby above lol. But truly look into seeing a counselor, or looking up videos on how to do breathing exercises! I am not a "sit still and meditate" type of person.. I took a Yoga class once and was the person laughing at everyone who was so focused. But man oh man, the breathing exercise I was taught today was seriously life changing! its amazing what just "listening to your breathing" and pushing out all of the negative junk/tension can do for you. Try and get through this without the anxiety meds, I KNOW you can do it girl! I tip my hat to you for coming here and seeking help, thats how you know you REALLY want this. If i can do it so can you! I have the utmost faith and respect for you. Keep us all posted!
    Hi Amber! Wow!! You are incredible! I had a rough day yesterday and didn't get on here until late. I was avoiding coming back here because I was so discouraged. (I showed up for my appointment and had to reschedule for today. I am just SO ready to be done with this and I thought about the appointment all day, but oh well! I am alright and I'll just be that much more ready for my appointment today!) But I really should have come here and read your post because when I read it last night it was seriously like a ray of sunshine. I know that may sound corny but your words were so uplifting to me. Your experience with the counselor gave me so much optimism and to read that you were dancing along with your dog while you were out walking made me smile! I have a dog too and I took her for a long walk yesterday. It's always a source of relaxation for me. She is getting pretty old but we can still go a few miles. Your story gives me so much hope and I can see how quickly things can turn around and get better. Thank you!! Please tell me that when you finish your degree you will be pursuing some kind of counseling or therapeutic career path! Your positive attitude and energy can make big changes in people's lives. It already has on this page! I bet there are others reading this and they are feeling the same optimism that I feel. There is a light at the end of this long, dark tunnel. I am so ready to be there. I will post today after my appointment. Good luck on your exam tomorrow! I'm sure you'll ace it.
    iloerose and AmberNeedsHelp like this.

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Hey Amber! Your ol Buddy is BACK!!! I got banned for a week for cussin....lol....imagine that, ME? CUSSIN? Noooooooooooo WAY! LOL......I see youve been doing pretty good....had a few bad nights there I see but getting better ey? Im In GA right now at my Hunt Camp, so I have no signal to speak of....I just wanted to let you know I didnt abandon you.....I was in Time out...but I will talk to ya monday when I get home from the woods ok? I HATE using this site on my iPad,, just doesnt perform right when you are off 4G and just roaming....But anyway, you hang in there and know Im PROUD as all Get out of you!!!!!!!
    Talk to you soon!

hey amber....u still skipping along with ur doggie? lol.

hope ur still doing great so pls give us an update when u get the time.

Wow, amber, read your thread from the beginning and then read your thread towards the end! You've come a long, long way and YOU are helping other people! You are amazing. So proud of you.

Rose

Hey everyone!
    Im so sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've been suuuuper busy!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing GREAT!! I had a rough few days as far as being emotional from no sleep, but my sleep is finally getting back in order. I've been doing things I haven't done in a long time like hanging out with a lot of people (GOOD people might I add), and really focusing on school and work.
    The big test I was stressing about on Saturday, pretty sure I kicked its bum! And then I went to work and felt exhausted after but it was so good for me.
    Today my SF Giants won the World Series! So it was a fun day, filled with pizza, good friends, family, and lots of high fives!!
    Im so happy, it's going on day 10 of being sober and I don't even get cravings to take pills anymore. After going what I went through, a pill is the last thing that sounds appetizing and I am never going to make this trip down this road again! That ship has sailed, and I'm beyond proud of myself for never giving up.
    Its pretty late here on the West Coast so Im going to hit the hay, but I want to thank everyone again for always checking up with me and keeping me grounded.
    So much love and respect to you all!
    Jupiter55 likes this.

WOW! Thats GREAT Amber! Or as "Tony the Tiger" would say...."Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!" lol
    Really, REALLY Proud of you Gal! What a Trooper! You have come a Long way Amber, reading back to the beginning of your thread, (which I Love to do in success stories like yours)you really have come a long way! Keep up the Great Work, and Congrads!
    Hey everyone!
    Im so sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've been suuuuper busy!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing GREAT!! I had a rough few days as far as being emotional from no sleep, but my sleep is finally getting back in order. I've been doing things I haven't done in a long time like hanging out with a lot of people (GOOD people might I add), and really focusing on school and work.
    The big test I was stressing about on Saturday, pretty sure I kicked its bum! And then I went to work and felt exhausted after but it was so good for me.
    Today my SF Giants won the World Series! So it was a fun day, filled with pizza, good friends, family, and lots of high fives!!
    Im so happy, it's going on day 10 of being sober and I don't even get cravings to take pills anymore. After going what I went through, a pill is the last thing that sounds appetizing and I am never going to make this trip down this road again! That ship has sailed, and I'm beyond proud of myself for never giving up.
    Its pretty late here on the West Coast so Im going to hit the hay, but I want to thank everyone again for always checking up with me and keeping me grounded.
    So much love and respect to you all!

Great work Amber! I knew you would ace that test!! If it was a psych exam, you may have even had the opportunity to translate some of your struggle into an essay question.

It's so wonderful to hear that you are well and continuing to stay healthy and free from pills! You sound really great and I can sense so much relief and zero regret. I can't wait to be on the other side with you. Take very good care of yourself and I wish you the best!! - J.

hey Amber...if ur reading pls give us a post to let everyone know how ur doing. i sure hope ur doing well and still adding up the clean days. it would be real nice to hear from u now.

Kikker

Kira28 is offline New Member

I just found this thread in utter emotional distress over Percocet. I just got home from the ER hoping to walk away with a prescription of Percs after 6 hours of tests and waiting. But, no..I get good ol' Naproxen instead. I was literally in tears on my way home...both pissed at the doctor and myself for letting my addiction bring me to this low point of going to the ER for a couple day supply of Percocet to avoid withdrawals. I originally started on vicodin in August, then by September I moved up to Percocet. It's been two solid months now of weekly ER visits along with one pain mgmt doctor. I began increasing my doses to high amounts quickly. Some days I'd easily take 100mg's while other days 20-40mg, or even less. I went 48 hours with none last week and the cold sweats, back aches and mental pain ensued. I have about 6 of the 5mg Percocet left and I'm now ready to end this life consuming-dark abyss of an addiction. I would love advice on how to withdrawal somewhat easier with the few pills I have remaining. I'm so DONE and I've finally reached the point where I desperately want to get better and STOP this beast of addiction for once and for ALL. Please help me with your words of wisdom and comfort. Thank you in advance. Cheers to all who those who have and who are overcoming this.

Hey guys,
    Its been a while! Today marks the end of 16 days clean and sober I am back to my normal old goofy self! My sleep is almost completely back to normal, which everyone said would be the last thing to return. But hey, I'll take that over the hell i went through 2 weeks ago.
    I look back and read where I was at day 1 and can't believe I really did it! No cheating, no caving in, just toughed it out because I WANTED IT. And I am SO GLAD that I did! Things with my boyfriend were never bad, but they have gotten 100000 times better! I'm kicking b*tt in school, and working more. I just can't tell you how good it feels to have a natural high throughout the day.
    Like today, for example, was a GORGEOUS day! I was stuck at Starbucks studying for a majority of the afternoon but I sat outside on the patio and soaked up the sunshine, and I was smiling from ear to ear (while studying, weird right!?) just because I realize I am this content and HAPPY without having to feel the high that I thought I was always going to need in my life from the Percocet. Life is so much easier and clear without those horrible pills..I never want to look back!
    Heres to the last 16, and the next 3298732486712398 days sober
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    Jupiter55 likes this.

Good job, Amber! I'm glad to hear you plan to spend the next 90 trillion years sober also. Today is day 17 for me also. Doesn't it feel great to know that stuff doesn't have a hold on you anymore? :-)

Heyyyyyyyy Amber!!!! WOW! This is GREAT News!!! I am SOOOOOO Proud of you Gal !!! Way to GO!!!!! I am right behind you! just another couple of weeks and I'll be able to make the same Claim!!!! Well, dont be a Stranger now that your all Clean!!!! LOL....We Still need your Help!!! Everyday there are more and more Addicts coming to this site for help, and there IS no better help than someone that has Overcome the Drugs and are Clean and FREE!!!! Your Story will help COUNTLESS Others in their Battles against "The Dope"!!! (as my Dad used to say, lol...."You on THe DOPE Boy???, lol...everything was THE DOPE!)
    Again, Im so very Proud of you Girl!!!!!
    Keep up the GREAT Work!!!!!
    Your Ol Pal Harry
    Hey guys,
    Its been a while! Today marks the end of 16 days clean and sober I am back to my normal old goofy self! My sleep is almost completely back to normal, which everyone said would be the last thing to return. But hey, I'll take that over the hell i went through 2 weeks ago.
    I look back and read where I was at day 1 and can't believe I really did it! No cheating, no caving in, just toughed it out because I WANTED IT. And I am SO GLAD that I did! Things with my boyfriend were never bad, but they have gotten 100000 times better! I'm kicking b*tt in school, and working more. I just can't tell you how good it feels to have a natural high throughout the day.
    Like today, for example, was a GORGEOUS day! I was stuck at Starbucks studying for a majority of the afternoon but I sat outside on the patio and soaked up the sunshine, and I was smiling from ear to ear (while studying, weird right!?) just because I realize I am this content and HAPPY without having to feel the high that I thought I was always going to need in my life from the Percocet. Life is so much easier and clear without those horrible pills..I never want to look back!
    Heres to the last 16, and the next 3298732486712398 days sober
    Hope everyone is doing well.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast