Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree64Likes
Tapering off Percocet! Really need some support on this one.
    Jupiter55 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kira28 View Post
    I just found this thread in utter emotional distress over Percocet. I just got home from the ER hoping to walk away with a prescription of Percs after 6 hours of tests and waiting. But, no..I get good ol' Naproxen instead. I was literally in tears on my way home...both pissed at the doctor and myself for letting my addiction bring me to this low point of going to the ER for a couple day supply of Percocet to avoid withdrawals. I originally started on vicodin in August, then by September I moved up to Percocet. It's been two solid months now of weekly ER visits along with one pain mgmt doctor. I began increasing my doses to high amounts quickly. Some days I'd easily take 100mg's while other days 20-40mg, or even less. I went 48 hours with none last week and the cold sweats, back aches and mental pain ensued. I have about 6 of the 5mg Percocet left and I'm now ready to end this life consuming-dark abyss of an addiction. I would love advice on how to withdrawal somewhat easier with the few pills I have remaining. I'm so DONE and I've finally reached the point where I desperately want to get better and STOP this beast of addiction for once and for ALL. Please help me with your words of wisdom and comfort. Thank you in advance. Cheers to all who those who have and who are overcoming this.
    Hi Kira,

I just read your post and I hope you are doing alright today! Good for you for wanting to rid yourself of this awful addiction!! You should start your own thread on this site using the "Pain Killer Addiction" area or "Need to Talk." I started my own thread a couple weeks back like Amber and we have received so much support and advice. I hope you are still staying strong in your mindset to quit Percocet. We have all been through what you have described and you will get lots of support here. Stay strong. I can't give you the best advice on quitting c/t because I've been working on a slower taper of Percocet with my doctor's help. I can give you advice on that but you may want to talk to the others here for c/t advice. Read Amber's thread and see how she quit. She did an awesome job and look how well she is doing now! Hang in there.

- J.

Jupiter55 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmberNeedsHelp View Post
    Hey guys,
    Its been a while! Today marks the end of 16 days clean and sober I am back to my normal old goofy self! My sleep is almost completely back to normal, which everyone said would be the last thing to return. But hey, I'll take that over the hell i went through 2 weeks ago.
    I look back and read where I was at day 1 and can't believe I really did it! No cheating, no caving in, just toughed it out because I WANTED IT. And I am SO GLAD that I did! Things with my boyfriend were never bad, but they have gotten 100000 times better! I'm kicking b*tt in school, and working more. I just can't tell you how good it feels to have a natural high throughout the day.
    Like today, for example, was a GORGEOUS day! I was stuck at Starbucks studying for a majority of the afternoon but I sat outside on the patio and soaked up the sunshine, and I was smiling from ear to ear (while studying, weird right!?) just because I realize I am this content and HAPPY without having to feel the high that I thought I was always going to need in my life from the Percocet. Life is so much easier and clear without those horrible pills..I never want to look back!
    Heres to the last 16, and the next 3298732486712398 days sober
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    Amber you ROCK! Thanks for the update.

TryptoFan is offline New Member

Day 23. It's getting better.

Yatyat is offline New Member

I just found this site and I hope you are doing well. I am trying to get off my rx for Percocet. I currently take 2-3 pills at 10mg a day. I have bad arthritis and kidney stones. I think my back and arthritis is better and feel like I crave these pills now. I have been on these now for almost a year. I have cut back to 2 a day for about 3 to 4 days with just one day being three a day. I still wide awake all night and can't seem to get functioning during the day, have to force myself to get up and do anything unless I take a pill. I can't seem to get down lower than 2 a day. Going to try the Thomas recipe. I take tyenol pm at night but no help. Think my pain clinic will help me when I go back but want help with withdrawals on my own, don't want any subbox stuff I have heard about. Any suggestions?

Arizona75 is offline New Member

Hi amber I found your situation interesting I was wondering if u had an email to talk. I just had some questions regarding you getting weaned off the pills. Let me know if you can help?

Arizona75 is offline New Member

I'm halfway through reading this and want everyone to know it's inspiring.. You really think no one knows what your going through but it is helpful to hear other stories. So awesome

jeffro6527 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona75 View Post
    Hi amber I found your situation interesting I was wondering if u had an email to talk. I just had some questions regarding you getting weaned off the pills. Let me know if you can help?

Hi Arizona,

If you want to talk to someone about tapering I can help you with that also. Send me a PM if you want.

Have a wonderful day

Your pal,
    Jeffro

Nedsneedshelp is offline New Member

Are any of you still here?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456