Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
Tapering off Percocet! Really need some support on this one.

Default Tapering off Percocet! Really need some support on this one.

Hello all,
    Well, after months of reading these threads, and trying to convince myself it was time to kick these devil pills, I'm finally ready. Heres my story:
    January 2011 I had my wisdom teeth pulled, and was prescribed percocet for the pain management. Well, 2 days later I was hooked. I had a follow up appointment a few days later and told the oral surgeon that I wanted more, so I got another 30 refilled. After that, luckily I had a family friend with their own prescription who has been giving me half of their own prescription since. I haven't been on them constantly since January 2011, I took a short break after a month or two, and remember having mild withdrawals, I threw up once and just felt that ?????? depressed feeling. But now I'm going on about a year strong of about 4-5 10/325's every day. I do struggle with chronic knee pain from years of wear and tear on my joints from gymnastics, and I found that these are the best things that work for me, but I now find myself taking more than I need to, not just to kill the pain, but to get high too. Enoughs enough.. I'm ready to be done. Its not the idea of being off the pills that scares me, I had an amazing life before these things, and in no way have they made me a different person, I just hate having to constantly count my pills and make sure I have enough, beating myself up every time I take more a day then I tell myself I will, and running low at the end of the month and thinking of ways to not withdrawal. The withdrawal is what scares me to death.
    Ive decided to do a taper method. Most days Id say I average about 4 pills (40 mg), so The last few days I was taking just 3, now I'm down to 2 a day and already having horrible anxiety about it. I don't know if its my body already going into withdrawal or if I'm just psyching myself out. I'm in school and have a part time job, so I can't just take a few days off to relax and withdrawal at home at the end of my taper. I really would appreciate some support and advice in this journey I'm encountering.
    Here is my taper plan: I have 25 pills left
    Day 1 (Yesterday): 2.5 pills
    Day 2: 2 Pills
    Day 3: 2
    Day 4: 2
    Day 5: 1.5
    Day 6: 1.5
    Day 7: 1.5
    Day 8: 1.5
    Day 9: 1.5
    Day 10: 1.5
    Day 11: 1.5
    Day 12: 1.5
    Day 13: 1
    Day 14: 1
    Day 15: 1
    Day 16: .5
    Day 17: .5
    Day 18: .5
    Day 19: .5
    DONE!

Is this too fast of a taper? Too slow? I know I have been on a much lower dose than some of the threads I have read, but also have heard of people withdrawing after a month of being on pills, so natually I'm scared to death. The slower the better is what Ive heard, so thats what I'm going with.
    Im just so scared of the anxiety (sleepiness nights), and the depression feeling like its never going to end.
    But Im so ready to do this. I know I gotta be strong for no one except myself.
    Any advice and/or support is much appreciated
    Thanks for reading <3

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You will have some w/d no matter what you do. You are lucky that you are on a relatively low dose. I don't mean to downplay the hold these pills have at whatever dose you are taking. Getting off of pills is difficult whether you take a few or a hundred. I would definitely prepare myself with elements from the Thomas Recipe. Some of the supplements will help you with your mood. Tapering is good if you have the will to do so. I didn't. C/T and you're through the worst of what you are going to go through in 3-5 days. Tapering may help you step down some, but doesn't guarantee you won't have ANY symptoms. Stay strong and you will get through this!
    Post your progress.

Peace,

Iloerose

Thank you for responding iloerose! I was scared that people would see my post and laugh at my dosage, I know that its not a lot but like you said, they get a hold on you whether it be 100 or 5. Ive thought about cold turkey but I have school and work which I can't afford to miss. otherwise that would be my first option.

Also, I have 6 Vicodin left over from my wisdom tooth surgery, I have zero liking or desire to take Vicodin, it does nothing for me. I know its also not smart to replace one opioid with another, but will these help with the withdrawals and the pain? I took a half yesterday when I was at work because my knees were absolutely throbbing and it helped a little bit, not nearly as much as the percocet does, but maybe its more of a mental thing? Im really lost here. Im really just trying to do everything i can to avoid BAD withdrawals.

Jacqu1234 is offline New Member

Like iloerose sad NOTHING will stop the w/ds . Just get your self ready for what ever may show up. Make sure you have the means to try and care for it, because they WILL show up know matter what! I think its great your doing this. Remember that this road is hard and it has many many hills to get over but you CAN DO IT. If you want it bad enough. I never thought I would be where I'm at now and doing as well as I am. I couldn't do what your doing I went stright for the cold trukey , I wanted it over as fast I as could get it over. It took me four days to start feeling some what better. By day five I could do what I needed to. By day six the mental things really start to come into play. But by day seven I was doing GREAT and LOVING EVERY min of it! So stay strong and you can do this!!

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

yeah the tapering takes huge willpower...
    but i do like ur dose plan.
    it looks good to me....
    and makes sense.

u have to be 100% committed to it...
    don't get half way and give up...
    remain strong.

we'll give u the support and some suggestions...
    u just have to WANT IT bad enough.

iloerose and jacqu are both spot on...
    take their advice.

no one is gonna laugh at u...
    addicition is truly life or death...
    and very SERIOUS business at any level of addicion.

here's the link to the thomas recipe...

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

like iloerose suggested it does help with ur symptoms...
    lots of good supplements in it...
    u shouldn't need the benzo's suggested....
    at least not right away and only by ur doctor.

get the items...
    they WILL help u.

Ha there kikker is so right use the thomas recipe !! I used something like but without the benzo's. I went the herb way , but pretty much just like the thomas tho. Good luck and keep posting we are if you need us!

Thank you all so much for your positive feedback. I really am alone in all of this. None of my friends and family know I suffer from this addiction and its so nice to have somewhere to turn.
    I really want to cold turkey because I truly am just OVER it. But I think the taper is the way for me to go.
    I am going to pick up some of the stuff in the Thomas Recipe..Also for lack of sleep, any suggestions? I was thinking of trying Tylenol PM because Ive used Melatonin in the past and don't have much luck with it.
    When am I going to start experiencing withdrawal? Will it be during the taper, or within a day or two of stopping the pills completely? I have heard both.
    Thank you again SO much for replying to me, I will keep everyone updated.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberNeedsHelp View Post
    Thank you all so much for your positive feedback. I really am alone in all of this. None of my friends and family know I suffer from this addiction and its so nice to have somewhere to turn.
    I really want to cold turkey because I truly am just OVER it. But I think the taper is the way for me to go.
    I am going to pick up some of the stuff in the Thomas Recipe..Also for lack of sleep, any suggestions? I was thinking of trying Tylenol PM because Ive used Melatonin in the past and don't have much luck with it.
    When am I going to start experiencing withdrawal? Will it be during the taper, or within a day or two of stopping the pills completely? I have heard both.
    Thank you again SO much for replying to me, I will keep everyone updated.
    ur never alone here...
    we will remain with u all the way...
    and even after that.
    we all care about u very much.

if u could go cold turkey it would be better...
    4-5 days of harsh symptoms and it's basically over.
    ur taper is gonna give u 19 days of some symptoms...
    and then more after u finish it.
    not trying to frighten u...
    just want to be honest.

u will feel some symptoms as u reduce ur dose...
    but nothing u can't handle.
    just treat ur symptoms as they come up.
    the thomas recipe is really great....
    don't use the benzo's in it...too addictive.

i have good luck sleepy time tea.
    not everyday, just occasionally when needed.
    tylenol pm is ok, but it's still taking pills...
    and u want to get away from that if possible...
    too much like taking other pills if u know what i mean?!

u hang in there amber...
    and please keep posting ur progress.
    u have to WANT THIS more than anything...
    u can do it....
    proud of u for attempting to taper.

another thing u want to be doing....
    exercise!
    get as much as u possibly can.
    walking everyday is great...
    bike riding....swimming....jogging...
    anything ur able to do will help soooo much.

and listening to ur favorite music can get u thru too.
    u want to do anything to keep ur mind off things.
    stay as busy as humanly possible.
    all those things together will also make u tired...
    that will help u sleep a little better.

just know that sleep is the very last thing to return to normal.
    drugs mess up our sleep patterns so much.
    they will return....
    it just takes some time.

and please remember most of all....
    the drugs DO NOT want u to stop taking them...
    and will try so hard to get u to take just 1 of them....
    or MORE than u are as u taper.
    that's why cold turkey is better.
    ur always tempted to take more while tapering.
    if u do ur right back to day 1 again...
    and u will have wasted ur time.
    don't give in amber....
    remain vigilant and refrain from using when tempted.
    that temptation WILL COME at some point.
    stay strong and get mad at those drugs.
    take ur life back from them...
    being clean is the absolute best!

I agree with Kikker, My first go around with this mess I tryed to tapper down just like you and ended up going right back to the pills a few days later. Then I did the cold turkey and I have to say I have beeen clean now the longest I have every been!! I think that cold turkey kicks you in the pants and makes you never want to walk down that hell of a road again! Plus i'M WITH YOU ON THE ALL ALONE THING MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS HAD NO CLUE AND STILL DON'T. Just remember thats what this board is for(to help you) You just might need that extra kick in the pants the someone on here can give you!

Im back.
    I had enough. Yesterday I took 4 percs the whole day and called it quits. My last pill was at 11:45 last night. I realized I was cheating no one but myself by doing the taper method. I would always take more than I told myself I was going to. So COLD TURKEY IT IS! Im already experiencing anxiety. Im having a hard time sitting still and its only been 14 hours. I have today and tomorrow off of work and school so Im going to just be resting at home. I kind of wish I had something to do so I can keep my mind busy but then I'm scared of getting sick out in public.
    This may sound silly but Ive heard that its dangerous to stop taking meds cold turkey because your heart can stop? Is this super serious? Cuz the idea of that is just making my anxiety out the roof
    Please send support and advice.
    xoxo
    Amber

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Hey Amber,
    Kikker is really sick with the flu so I thought I would Jump in for him til he gets back with you! You are exactly right, some people very well CAN have some issues when going "Cold Turkey" off of Opiates, but alot of things depend on that...your current health, state of Mind, Age, there are alot of circumstances that go with it...but if your in good health, not really old (like ME lol) and your mind is strong, you shouldnt have a problem other than the obvious! (Withdrawals). You are going to be VERY uncomfortable, Anxious, Sweats, Shakes, Diarrhea, possible nausea...if it gets too much for you and you absolutely cannot stand it, you may want to consider Suboxone Treatment. When do you have to go back to work? Monday? Lets see how you do tonight and tomorrow, and take it from there. Try to get some sleep, but dont freak out if you cant...most of us cant, but try. Take a LOT of Hot Baths/Showers/Jacuzzi etc...if you HAVE one just basically LIVE in the Jacuzzi, as much as you can. Drink Plenty of Water, Gatorade, etc...NO Energy Drinks or junk like that! And basically try to sweat it out! I'll check back in on you from time to time if you need someone to talk too! Hang in there Honey!
    Harry
    Im back.
    I had enough. Yesterday I took 4 percs the whole day and called it quits. My last pill was at 11:45 last night. I realized I was cheating no one but myself by doing the taper method. I would always take more than I told myself I was going to. So COLD TURKEY IT IS! Im already experiencing anxiety. Im having a hard time sitting still and its only been 14 hours. I have today and tomorrow off of work and school so Im going to just be resting at home. I kind of wish I had something to do so I can keep my mind busy but then I'm scared of getting sick out in public.
    This may sound silly but Ive heard that its dangerous to stop taking meds cold turkey because your heart can stop? Is this super serious? Cuz the idea of that is just making my anxiety out the roof
    xoxo
    Amber
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-20-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

Im back.
    xoxo
    Amber
    wow amber...way to go! i'm very proud of u for getting rid of that garbage and jumping. u should have no worries. go back up to post #6 here and click on that link for the thomas recipe. get those items on it minus the benzo's it reccommends. they will help u so much.

u will experience 4-7 days of symptoms and the worst should be over in about 5 days. that's the average but everyone is diff. like harry said i am in bed sick with the flu right now and he can be of great help to u. i will try my best to keep checking in and see how ur doing.

it's important to keep posting and tell us how ur feeling thru the day and night if at all posssible. just treat ur symptoms as they come up. like harry says hot baths and showers are highly suggested. u can take them a few times a day and u will def feel better.

stay as busy as u possiby can. watching the clock will really hurt ur progress. and listening to music will also help. put on ur fav tunes and go with that.

u are going to be just fine. remember that the drugs will try their best and do everything possible to get u to take another 1 pill. soon as u do that ur right back to square 1 and u have wasted ur time. don't give in to temptation amber.

u can do this!

Thank you guys for replying so quickly. I took my dog for a walk to get out of the house and keep myself busy but I ended up thinking too much and getting emotional already thinking "I Don't think I can do this!" I came home and took a hot shower since I don't have a tub, I sat on the floor in the shower and it definitely helped me relax..
    I picked up stuff from the Thomas Recipe:
    Immodium
    Multi-Vitamin
    B-6 Vitamins

and some Tylenol PM to help me possibly sleep.
    I read bad things about the L-Tyrosene, that it makes you feel cracked out..is this true?
    I don't know any bad symptoms yet its just the emotional/anxious part thats kicking my rear end right now

And the Anxious WILL get to ya Hon if ya let it! I know its the Worst part, (was for me) and that constant Leg jerking stuff! What the heck is all THAT about anyway! LOL...but you stay with it, and youll get thru it...Im taking the l-tyrosine now, and it doesnt bother me a bit! Actually gives me some energy that Ive so sadly been lacking the past couple of weeks...
    I know its soooo hard honey, but try your best to keep your emotions in check....dont be reading any Negative Posts on here...Only read the Positive and Heartfelt ones...the mind is a curious thing Honey, and it will take command of you if you let it...play nasty tricks on you but remember...its the DRUGS wanting BACK IN!!!! They do NOT want you to leave them! They want IN and like the Devil, they will tell you anything you want to hear just to get you to take them again! Stay Strong, and like a VERY good friend on here always tells me...."Get MAD at them!" "STAY MAD at em" Really REALLY MAD! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...C'mon, lemme hear you say it...."GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, Im MAD, Im ANGRY at these Pills and Im NOT gonna TAKE it anymore"!!!!
    Wazzat you say Amber??? I cant HEAR you!!!! C'mon...one more time...."GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"
    That a Girl!!!!! (yeah, I know I'm a freakin GOOF! LMAO)....
    you hang in there Gal, and I'll check back in on ya in a lil while!
    Your Ol Pal Hair
    Thank you guys for replying so quickly. I took my dog for a walk to get out of the house and keep myself busy but I ended up thinking too much and getting emotional already thinking "I Don't think I can do this!" I came home and took a hot shower since I don't have a tub, I sat on the floor in the shower and it definitely helped me relax..
    I picked up stuff from the Thomas Recipe:
    Immodium
    Multi-Vitamin
    B-6 Vitamins

and some Tylenol PM to help me possibly sleep.
    I read bad things about the L-Tyrosene, that it makes you feel cracked out..is this true?
    I don't know any bad symptoms yet its just the emotional/anxious part thats kicking my rear end right now

i know exactly how ur feeling amber. i've been thru it many times....too many times in fact. i relapsed over and over. i just didn't want it bad enough before. i really wanted it more than anything this time and i was finally able to do it and get clean.

u have to WANT THIS more than anything else. get mad at those drugs for wrecking ur life and making u a prisoner to them. no way are u going to give in to them again and keep going down that dead end road. it leads to nowhere fast.

i believe the 1st day is the worst. u want to keep watching that clock i know and the minutes seem like hrs. that's why staying busy is so important. keep going for those walks. can't tell u how much that helps and it also helps to get ur natural endorphins going. the drugs have kept them at bay for so long and they need to be working on their own.

be tough and don't give in. that tylenol pm might help but i like the natural substances better. for sleep i used melatonin and sleepy time tea. sometimes i used them both together and that did help me get some sleep. just know that sleep is the very last thing to return to normal. it takes time and is very frustrating for sure. but if u keep busy u get tired and the sleep will come at some point.

i'll help u all that i can but i do have a nasty case of the flu right now. keep posting and others will post to u at some point. harry knows his stuff and he is a great source of help and so is iloersoe and many many others here.

u hang in there ok amber and just know that u can do this!
    geeez...u are doingit!

for any rls(restless leg symptoms) go to the pharmacy and get some hylands restful legs. their natural pills that help with the leg and arm jerks that may come at some point. also a heating pad will help with them too.

LOL! Wow Harry, thats definitely what I needed to hear lol Its true. I can handle the stuff that is yet to come like the diarrhea, and crawly skin feeling, it really is just the anxiety that is going to be my biggest battle. Before all of this I have had anxiety since I was 12, so its really a battle for me.
    I was reading older posts on here, some people writing about the "agony" and "5 days of HELL" and thats not what I need to be hearing right now. I need positive people like you guys keeping my head above water.
    I know I'll probably be turning to you guys a lot these next few days if you don't mind. It really is giving me hope when I come on here and see the great things you all write, nothing but encouragement and positive vibes. You have no idea how much I appreciate it!
    Ill keep you updated later, Im going to try and do some homework to keep my mind busy.
    Xoxo
    Amber

Thank you Kikker! Im glad you have been down the same road too and know it isn't easy.
    Im doing my best to stay busy, I gotta do some homework to keep my mind occupied, but if you read my post above that includes you too. I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the positive feedback and encouragement. Checking up with you guys on here is what is keeping me pushing through
    Ill post in a little bit
    Xoxo
    Amber

Amber: You did the best right thing! You jumped. You can do this. You are doing this so no point in saying "I can't" You can and you will. Treat your symptoms as best you can. The most important: Stay hydrated: water, juices, gatorade( will help with any RLS). Keep on walking that dog as much as possible, besides he is really "walking you". LOL. Be prepared for your moods to go up and down and keep it in mind that your head is going to mess with you. This is common. Stay out of your head as much as possible by staying busy. POST. You were on such a low dose of percs you don't need to consider subs, say 50mgs tops? That would be like hitting a fly with a sledgehammer. I'm not downplaying your symptoms at all by that comment. W/D is absolutely no fun. You are going to feel like poo for a few days, usually between 4-7 days, day 5 is usually peak day, after that comes the uphill climb and you'll start to feel better. Stay positive: watch funny movies, make yourself comfortable and treat the symptoms. Get mad at the drugs: anything to get your natural endorphines going, any type of exercise will make you feel better. Try some sleepy time tea, Valerian root (anxiety) AND Post. Whatever you're feeling. As far as the L-tyrosine/b-6 combo. L-tyrosine is a natural supplement to improve your energy level. If you take too much, it will make you feel shaky and hyper. An alternative is emergen-C. But bottom line is that YOU CAN DO THIS!

Peace,

Iloerose

Thank you Kikker! Im glad you have been down the same road too and know it isn't easy.
    Im doing my best to stay busy, I gotta do some homework to keep my mind occupied, but if you read my post above that includes you too. I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the positive feedback and encouragement. Checking up with you guys on here is what is keeping me pushing through
    Ill post in a little bit
    Xoxo
    Amber
    we've ALL been down that road amber. that's why we're here...to give back to others and to pay it forward. this forum help save my life and i will never forget that. i'm sure the others feel the same way. we will all help u every step of the way. we won't ever abandon u...we want u clean with us.

that homework WILL help u to pass the time. like rose said while ur habit was fairly low, it wasn't over the top with with hundreds of mgs per day. ur symptoms will be manageable.

Like I said before, stay away from the Negative Posts on here...they will NOT help one IOTA!!!(is that even a WORD? LOL) Dont worry...stay calm, and just know in your Heart this is all Temporary! Its gonna get tough, no one said it wouldnt, but Nothing you cannot handle along with your good ol Buddies here!!! We are right there witth you Honey, Me, Rose, Kikker, and everyone else...we WANT you to do good! We WANT you to succeed, and If I have to sit up with you ALL night Long...I WILL!! I just got a Fresh Bag of Dunky Dognuts Coffee (Whole Bean WOO HOO) and I'll make us a Pot!!! And if you dont think for a Minute I will, try me! Thats how bad I want you to DO this Amber! Im gonna knock out another episode of "Burn Notice" but I will be right here! Hang in there Gal!
    LOL! Wow Harry, thats definitely what I needed to hear lol Its true. I can handle the stuff that is yet to come like the diarrhea, and crawly skin feeling, it really is just the anxiety that is going to be my biggest battle. Before all of this I have had anxiety since I was 12, so its really a battle for me.
    I was reading older posts on here, some people writing about the "agony" and "5 days of HELL" and thats not what I need to be hearing right now. I need positive people like you guys keeping my head above water.
    I know I'll probably be turning to you guys a lot these next few days if you don't mind. It really is giving me hope when I come on here and see the great things you all write, nothing but encouragement and positive vibes. You have no idea how much I appreciate it!
    Ill keep you updated later, Im going to try and do some homework to keep my mind busy.
    Xoxo
    Amber
    Jupiter55 likes this.

Harry your post just made me cry. lol Happy tears. It feels so good to know how much all of you guys care!
    iloerose, thank you too for responding. I think Im going to try Melatonin and Sleepy Time Tea instead of the tylenol PM, taking your guys' advice on that one. I knocked out a little homework, drove to jamba juice, now I'm trying to get back into focusing on my homework. I just genuinely cannot sit still UGH WIsh me luck guys! Ill probably be posting all night so Harry, Get that pot of coffee just in case! lol

Hey Amber....Awwww, Im sorry I made you cry! (geez, I do it to ALL the Gals, just wish they ALL were Happy Tears! LOL)the Melatonin works really well for me! I take one almost everynight and sleep really good lately! Sometimes have some weird dreams, but since Im such a Weird Guy, I reckon thats to be expected LOL!
    Keep trying to focus on that homework honey, heck, that by itself might be just what you need to put ya to sleep! HA!
    I know how it is with that restlessness...When I was going thru my withdrawals 3 weeks ago I wore out paths in my house from pacing! I was coming off 300 to 400mg of Oxys a DAY!!! so lemme tell ya, I had some BADDDDDDD W/D's!!! Not to mention the Doc putting me in PWS by slamming me with too much Suboxone....I was a MESS! and I DO mean a MESS! But these people here walked me thru every step of the way! Kikker was Right there for me the WHole time! And Rose!!! I cant say ENOUGH about THAT lil Bugger! Rose is AWESOME! So you just hang in there, and know that your in REAL good hands Honey!!!!!
    Harry your post just made me cry. lol Happy tears. It feels so good to know how much all of you guys care!
    iloerose, thank you too for responding. I think Im going to try Melatonin and Sleepy Time Tea instead of the tylenol PM, taking your guys' advice on that one. I knocked out a little homework, drove to jamba juice, now I'm trying to get back into focusing on my homework. I just genuinely cannot sit still UGH WIsh me luck guys! Ill probably be posting all night so Harry, Get that pot of coffee just in case! lol
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-20-2012 at 08:13 PM.

How ya Doin Amber? Ya hangin in there Girl????

Amber: Hope you're getting a bit of sleep there. Don't worry like I said 3-5 days and your world will be looking up! Just flow with the symptoms and treat them the best way you know how. Don't listen to other's post of how awful w/d's are. No point. You will be fine. Treat yourself nice, like you would if you had the flu. Watch some good stuff on t.v. or a good movie. FLOW. The worst day clean is worth the best day using. I used to think about that: I felt worse when I was using, tired all the time, listless and didn't want to do anything but take pills, when I look back on it, the w/d wasn't as bad as the reality of using. Hang Tough! You'll get this.

Iloerose

Post however and whatever you feel: just get it all out if you need to.

Mirabellesmom is offline Member

hey there amber! I been super busy with family and haven't been around much but looks like you have found the same friends i found when i came here looking for advice and help getting clean...

I started with a script for T3's many many years ago and was on perc's for several years before i amped up into the heavier meds like oxy contin and so forth , so don't think anyone will "laugh at you" over the doses you were on...

congratz on getting up the nerve to C/T it!!! hope it works out for you! stay strong! and like Kikker says (over and over and over- to everyone who will listen) get MAD AT THEM DRUGS!!! and stay mad at them... don't let 'em talk you into any of the little mind games they play (like 1 or 2 couldn't possibly hurt me or re-addict me) I was clean for almost 2 years when i fell for that one

I'm working on a taper plan myself, and with the help of my mom (man was it hard to tell her about this and even harder to ask for her help) and the help of my friends here, i'm managing ok... there have been some ruff days but on the whole? i'm feeling good about things and really looking forward to kicking this crud for good.. take a peek at my story if you're interested https://www.drugs.com/forum/pain-kil...neo-62470.html just remember- you are not alone... we have all been thru this stuff before (some of us, more times than we'd like to remember) just keep posting... rant or cry or babble... whatever you need... someone here will read it eventually and the amazing thing is that we all actually care! we want to see you succeed! no one here will be angry or disappointed if you "fall down" or judge you for slipping... most of us have been there too... ( hope it doesn't happen, but DONT kick yourself TOO hard if it does) just try to keep in mind that addiction is a disease and relapse is a symptom... but i've heard that it IS possible to avoid that particular symptom if you have good support and a plan to stay sober.

Anyways, just wanted to send my heart felt congradulations on your decision to get clean and that i will include you in my circle of healing, love, and protection. Best wishes doll!

Blessed Be.
    AmberNeedsHelp likes this.

So I took my dog on another long walk (Im sure she's loving life right now with all these walks tonight!) and then came home and sat in the shower for a little bit since it seems to be the only thing that relaxes me. My knees are THROBBING though (which was the whole reason I started taking Percs in the first place) so I decided tonight I'd go the Tylenol PM route, and if this doesn't do any magic then tomorrow I will try the sleepy time tea and melatonin. I really am physically and mentally exhausted, I wish i could just fall asleep. The anxious feeling/not being able to sit still, has been coming and going which I guess is good, I thought for sure I was going to be feeling that one 24/7...I was watching a comedian on TV with my dad and i was actually laughing, not feeling too icky, and now I'm watching Bridesmaids on HBO to get a good laugh and keep me from sitting here and letting my mind wander. Hopefully this tylenol PM kicks in soon because I truly am wiped out.
    I forgot to include before, I have came down from Percs before, but i was very naive about it. It was when I first started taking them and had taken them everyday for about 2-3 months and just ran out so I just didn't think twice about it..then I remember two days later I felt kinda icky then I threw up out of no where, then the next few nights I experienced the one thing Ive been fearing, the restless, sleepless nights, and bad anxiety/depression. So this is why I have been so terrified all along to make the jump, I told myself I didn't wanna go through that again, even though that was a VERY mild case of withdrawals. But I gotta do what I gotta do! Keep on trucking. Look at me..a few hours ago I was thinking to myself "I can't do this, Ill just take half of one and be fine" But now as I sit and look at the clock, I'm almost 3 hours away from my 24 hour mark! The longest Ive gone without taking a pill in over a year. My mind is already blown and I'm really proud of myself for toughing it out so far.
    TOmorrow is going to be tough, I don't know what i'd do without all you guys here!
    If this Tylenol PM doesn't work then you will certainly be hearing from me!
    Lots of love
    Mirabellesmom likes this.

sounds like Nr Pooch is getting some good attention! And it sounds like your doing better too! At least your laughing! Thats a good sign! Well, its 12:30am here, so Im gonna hit the hay....Ill check in on ya in the AM Amber...try to get dsome sleep hon!
    Hair

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast