Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
tapering off percocets, method seems to help...
    heyzeuss is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Believe14 View Post
    Today was the BEST day so far. Lots of side effects are now gone and my spirits are up most of the time. I can feel myself regrouping without taking medicine. I was really proud of myself. So the idea of cutting the to do list worked. Praying for everyone who is part of this forum. Good Night!
    good job everyone (except me)
    I guess I had what you would call a relapse. got 2 days worth of pills from a friend. so everything I have done up to this point is erased. keep in mind folks - I learned the hard way. you can go 10 days clean, TAKE ONE SINGLE PILL, and you have to start over again at day 1. it doesn't set you back a day, it sets you all the way back.
    >>>>.

Believe14 is offline New Member

Default One Day At A Time

So sorry I haven't posted in a few days but I am happy to say I have had no relapse what I did get is a flu after I went through the withdrawals. It was awful and I wanted to die. It was very difficult to tell if something else was wrong with me. After speaking to my doctor I felt comfortable it was bad timing. So, now what to do??? Everything has been a blur up to 2 weeks ago....work, family,ect. Last week I found myself a bit lost. I have along way to go to work through things that might have helped me along in my addiction. So, I am making some changes in my personal life first. It might not be the outcome that I want but its important that I figure this all out. I am taking this one day at a time(or 1 minute at a time) whatever is necessary. Thanks to all of the followers who helped me through this awful time in my life. I can honestly say I am not looking back and you can do the same. I'll be back and everyone keep up the good work!!! You can do it!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-03-2014 at 05:55 AM.

New to this 0102 is offline New Member

I have just started this and I am still learning the long road to get free of the meds. I'm not sure if I should wean myself off the pills or c/t. I take 10 mg percoecet 4 times day. I haven't statred yet. long story short I plan on beging This sat. I got an e mail that someone answered my first post and I don't know how to get that reply. I think I would like to try the Thomas reciept. I've tried before and only made it 3 weeks the 1st time. Do the FLU like symtoms last only a week with most. I was still feeling lousey after 3 weeks. so I'm afraid to try stopping.But I have to because now My husband has found out and he's really mad. He's away till Sat.so I have to begin to stop Sat. Please I can really use some advice.

Hey there!
    I'm kinda new to this forum but I just wanted to say hi...your last sentence there kinda hit home. I definitely feel you there. Just wanting to really enjoy the little things you used to...to feel AnyThing "real" really. To be the "real" you again. Its in there you just have to be willing to put in work to get back to that place. Those few days you were off how was your back? You said you felt great so I'm guessing you could do without the pills if you really really wanted to as far as your back goes. I think the hardest part is disconnecting from that cushion of knowing you have them or you could get them. Knowing you have a prescription or you have that family member to hook you up is really hard I could imagine, even for the strongest willed person. Just my opinion here...If you really really want to get back to that happiness you'd have to make that sacrifice. Maybe tell your family member how you feel about it...you want it but you don't want it. You need that support from him/her to NOT give you anything. Think about it! I was prescribed Adderall for Adhd, it helped me in school but it quickly turned on me. I dropped weight...I was extremely moody and paranoid. Constantly fighting with my husband and I was SO disgusted with the way I looked on it and who I was. It was too much of a roller coaster, the euphoria and then the crash... I also had issues off and on with oxycodone and oxycontin those I did not have a prescription for. With the adderall when I finally decided enough is enough and I just wanted to get off it, I quit seeing my doctor. I just stopped. If you don't want to take it, IF you really really think about it. Why keep going to the doctor? The craving part of your brain makes that decision for you.....to keep going to the dr "just incase" you might need it. So for me, that was the first major step to getting off. It was a tough decision because I was afraid of how I could cope without it and it did suck those first two weeks..But I'm a better person for it and I wouldn't take it back for the world. Now as far as the other demons go...I myself am weaning off suboxone. Its been much easier (will power wise) to wean off of this then the other. I started on a low dose because I hear suboxone can turn into more of a crutch then a tool...so I want to be off this as quickly as possible! So far I'm down to .125 mg which is a really low dose. I'm pretty much holding off the withdrawals..as I wean. I can't feel anything at this point. Anyways! Sorry for the novel just wanted to chime in and say hey and I wish you all the luck!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12