• 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Ready2bedone
  • 1 Post By Ready2bedone
  • 1 Post By Ready2bedone
  • 1 Post By Ready2bedone
Tapering off suboxone
    Ready2bedone is offline New Member

Default Tapering off suboxone

I've struggled with addiction for a long time, and 5 years ago I started taking suboxone. I was prescribed 3-8mg films a day but only took one and a half (that was more then enough)! About 3-4 weeks ago I woke up and just decided I want off of it. So I started tapering down from my 12mgs a day. I'm currently at 1mg a day. I've been here for 3 days. I have plenty to continue tapering off with so that's not an issue. I just do not want to be on them any longer but at the same time I don't want to be sick. I was feeling fine until I got to the 1mg a day. I've been sick every since. I'm going to stay here for a couple more days. Any tips or suggestions are seriously appreciated. I want to finally be free of this >>>>. I have access to marijuana (I live in a legal state) I also had a friend tell me to take something called gabapentin, and flexeril (and Xanax that I didn't take) I have access to those, plus I bought Imodium, b12,b6, and hylands restless leg tabs, and antihistamine (which I see from googling could help or make it worse).

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Hello Ready, your thread looks familiar? Did you re-post your thread? Anyway, the link below is for Robert's sub taper plan, this is your best bet to get off those subs as easy and painless as possible! Follow the plan exactly, you can skip the induction part but you do need to stabilize on a dose that provides little to no withdrawal. Then you can follow the rest of the plan as outlined. There are many members here that have had great success on Robert's plan, hopefully they will stop by your thread to chime in? I wish you the best of luck! Take care... God bless us all!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Yes, I originally posted on another post but was told to make my own. So I started a new one. Thank u so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2bedone View Post
    Yes, I originally posted on another post but was told to make my own. So I started a new one. Thank u so much!
    Okay, perfect! Keep posting and updating, you'll get lots of great advice and support! You can do this, stay strong and positive! God bless us all!

I hope so! I've tried to quit so many times before and always end up going right back on the suboxone because I can't stand pain. But my kids are getting older and I don't want this to be their memory of me.

darnell152 is offline New Member

I have been onnsubs for 5years. I woke up on April 1st and decided i wanted to have just one day clear headed which lead me to the next which lead me to the next and so on. I was taking 12 to 16mgs a day when i stopped taking them. Tomorrow will be day 26 for me. The first 10 days were a breeze i had mild or managable or maybe i was just done and willing to take my medicine if need be. It was manageable up until days 18- 21 for me. I went the Kratom route for a few days to get through work and now im feeling like myself again to a slightly tirieder degree. It is doable stay positive keep your mind busy and try not to think about it. The only thing worse then goingbthrough Sub withdrawal is going through it twice.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

WOW you reduced very quickly going from 12mg/day to 1. I'm sure some symptoms are kicking in now. Because of the very long half life, it takes quite some time before it begins to catch up with you most especially when you've been on those high doses for a long time and five years is certainly a long time.

At this point, if you can bear the symptoms you're having, stay put at that 1mg for as long as it takes to become stable. Meaning little to no symptoms. It's apt to take more than a few days but that's OK. Just consider how much you've taken and for how long. If this last leg of your taper takes a little longer than you had hoped, for the sake of being more comfortable taking a little extra time will be worth it. If you continue to make reductions without being stable, the symptoms may get worse and will stay with you the rest of the way and there's just no reason to do that to yourself.

Be patient, stay at 1mg so long as you're not really sick and wait until you're stable. Then begin to make reductions of no more than 25% every 4 or 5 days. Some people even make smaller reductions than that and it's not written in stone to reduce every 4 days. If it takes you a day or even a few more days than that to get stable, take them. Just remember the whole point is to slowly make small reductions until you are lower than .25mg/day or LESS. A lot of people go as low as .125mg and do some skip days before they jump. Reducing from high doses like what you've been taking is easier at first so you can manage the 25% reductions without much trouble. It becomes somewhat more difficult once you're down to the low doses.

You don't have far to go so do it right. Stay at this same dose until you feel stable and only then make another reduction. You've reduced fairly quickly so it just might take you some time to get totally stable. Be patient and wait before you reduce again.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 likes this.

I got down to .5mg for a few days, then .25mg for 2 or 3 days. I'm currently just over48 hours with out anything except a klonapin to help with anxiety. Sleeping is basically non existant (it's 2:24am and here I am). Sooo tired and irritable, I've been having stomach issues, can't even consider eating, but so far it's manageable... It's just not comfortable. The lack of sleep is the worse. I feel like I'm going insane (I've always been a big sleeper) so this 15 minutes here and there are killing me! But I'm on my way to getting better!
    Ming23 likes this.

I got down to .5mg for a few days, then .25mg for 2 or 3 days. I'm currently just over48 hours with out anything except a klonapin to help with anxiety. Sleeping is basically non existant (it's 2:24am and here I am). Sooo tired and irritable, I've been having stomach issues, can't even consider eating, but so far it's manageable... It's just not comfortable. The lack of sleep is the worse. I feel like I'm going insane (I've always been a big sleeper) so this 15 minutes here and there are killing me! But I'm on my way to getting better! ������
    I would recommend you re-read Cat's post and Robert's sub taper plan? You tapered way too fast and by too much! And don't forget the skip days as outlined in Robert's plan... If you can handle the discomfort and withdrawal symptoms then stay the course but if it's too much I would go back to the subs and get stable at the lowest amount and taper correctly. Slow and steady to minimize and/or eliminate most of the withdrawals? Good luck whichever way you continue, I hope you can get some sleep soon? And be careful with the benzos (klonopin, xanax, etc...), very addictive! Take care... God bless us all!
    Ming23 likes this.

So far I have been able to handle the withdrawals, well everything except the sleep. I only have 5 klonapin because I didn't want to get hooked on them next. I think I want to keep going on this route but if I get to where I feel like I'll relapse I'll just take a .25 and skip days. I just want off this >>>> so bad the thought of taking another piece makes me sick to my stomach. And thank you!
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

So far I have been able to handle the withdrawals, well everything except the sleep. I only have 5 klonapin because I didn't want to get hooked on them next. I think I want to keep going on this route but if I get to where I feel like I'll relapse I'll just take a .25 and skip days. I just want off this >>>> so bad the thought of taking another piece makes me sick to my stomach. And thank you!
    Hey Ready
    So, you dropped from 12mg to nothing in a week? Why?
    Now u have 2 days off subs. Correct? If so, hang in there. Don't know why u chose that route but get some Ensure and a few bottles of Imodium. Tell everyone you have the flu. The build up of subs is still inside you since 12mg was a high dose and each dose can remain in the system up to 6 days. The cleansing will be coming so be prepared.
    Whatever u decide, let us know. Each body responds differently and that's what u have to go by.
    The issue is that if we suffer too much, there's a chance for relapse. We don't want that, which is why Robert325 devised the gradual taper. The benzos are a worse detox though so listen to Ricky when he warns you! Take them sparingly.
    Sleep is often hard to come by during detox but it's part of the detox. It's your body letting u know that the subs are leaving and that's good.
    Hang in there!

I started to taper on April 11th, I would cut my dose in half for 3-4 days then again and again until I got to .25mg which I only took for 2-3 days because i was so miserable I couldn't bring myself to keep putting meds in and remain that sick. So I took the jump at .25mg. Most of the people around me know what's going on. At least the people in my house so I don't have to hide too much. Any idea how long the withdrawals usually last from the last dose? Just trying to be prepared. The fear of not knowing is the worse. I read some people still have them 2-4 weeks later... Hoping that's not my case but either way I think I'm so ready that I'll be able to pull through no matter what. I did find An na about an hour away. So I'm going to start going there when I can actually leave the house with out running to the bathroom. Plus I start seeing my therapist Thursday. Hopefully with all of that and what will power I have left I can make it.
    Ming23 likes this.

Once day light hits I notice I feel a little better just knowing I'm not alone but nights really suck laying in a bed trying to be quiet so I don't wake anyone up. Watching the world sleep as I lay there in a puddle of sweat wondering if Ill make it through the night...
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Ready
    Yup. I used to change my shirt up to 10 times a night sometimes because of sweats. It will pass. I promise. As for how long it lasts, this varies with each body. Drink a lot of water because dehydration makes the symptoms worse and you're already losing a lot if water at night. The nights suck the worst. I slept on the couch for months. Couldn't face my bed until the taper was over.
    There will be residual side effects. The sub stays in us a long time. Water helps to flush it out. Get Imodium. It really helps!
    You're on your way...

Thank you!!!! Literally every time I talk to someone who made it through it gives me that much more hope!
    Ming23 likes this.

Day 4 no suboxone. Withdrawals aren't as bad as I intended for them to be but the lack of sleep is driving me insane! Nothing helps! I've taken NyQuil, valuim, klonapin(not on the same night), zzzzquil, Benedryl, sleep aid, drank sleepy tea, took melatonin and I literally lay in bed with my eyes bulging out of my head spinning in circles ALL NIGHT! I don't even think I got a full hour of sleep last night.

Day 6 was yesterday, the only symptoms I still had were no sleep, if I ate I needed to run to the toilet, and very MILD achy legs. Today is day 7 it's only going on 11am but so far all I've had was no sleep again later night, and I can't eat or I'll have to rush to the bathroom. But legs aren't achy or anything so far! I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel! It feels like the lack of sleep is going to last forever...

Today is day 8, all I have left is the bathroom issue. If I eat I have to immediately rush to the bathroom. I slept last night and today I'm feeling great! I wanted to leave my diary just in case it could help anyone else. I don't think I'll be back on here unless something changes. Day 1-first day at 8mg. Head ache, tired, April 11th
    Day 2-6mg really emotional, tired,cold, achy knees I'm taking NyQuil
    Day3-4mg pretty rough, sweat like mother >>>>er up til 3am with stomach pains
    Day4-4mg-woke up really nauseous (could be hungry Howies?im not sure) sweating so bad
    Day5-4mg stayed busy not to bad took NyQuil to sleep craving ice cream super sweaty April 15,2016
    Day6-4mg doing good
    Day7-4mg good
    Day8-4mg good
    Day9-4mg good
    Day10-2mg- extremely emotional, achy
    Day11-2mg same
    Day12-1mg-tough night feeling sick started vitamins
    Day13-1mg really bad day 4-23-16 soooo miserable
    Day14-1mg rough night with little to no sleep... Just feel exhausted but can't sleep
    Day15-sleep is basically non existence, depression is kicking in really bad, going back and forth weather I should give up or keep going. Lack of sleep is the reason, it's driving me insane. Nothing lets u sleep, no NyQuil, no sleep aid, nothing took .5mg at 11am
    Day16-got up at 3am in complete panic mode couldn't get my heart to slow down tried Benedryl didn't work so I took .5mg at 6:45am crashed out, woke up at 10! Considering going back to 1mg a day for a few to taper a little slower. (Worse panic/anxiety attack I've ever had) night mares all night! 11pm-.5
    Day17-4-27 took .5mg at bed time (11pm) instead of morning hoped to sleep better... I also took .25mg of Xanax slept till 6. Woke up a lot durning the night. During be day I was straight up miserable. Every single day I consider going back up but fortunately I haven't yet. Waiting for my body to adapt to this new dose then I'm going down! I want nothing more then to be off this >>>>! I hate how bad it controls my life!
    Day18-4-28 took .5 mg took a .5xanax
    Day19- .25mg @7:45pm legs are killing me, CRAVING ice cream, got the >>>>s, took .5mg Xanax April 29,2016
    Day20-4-30-16 /day1 sober took .25mg klonapin-miserable-severe anxiety woke up at 1:30am took the other half of my klonapin... This is going to be a long ass night... at 5:39 I drank a lot of NyQuil. Got up at 8 and gave up on the idea of sleep.
    Day21- (5-1-16) day 2 sober very aggravated and irritable. Depression is kick in pretty hard. Legs are killing me. Been keeping up on my l-tyrosine and my vitamin b. Took some restless leg melts and going to take a Valium shortly to hopefully get a couple hours of sleep. Went to sleep At 10 till at 3&6.
    Day22-day 3 sober- woke up feeling like >>>>. Took a klonapin for sleep, NyQuil, melatonin, and finally a tylenol3.... Slept maybe an hour.... Soooooo exhausted.
    Day23-day 4 so tired, achy but I'm so tired I don't even notice everything else. (5-3-16) drank lots of coffee and monsters, feeling better by 2. Just don't have energy. I did go to Walmart for groceries. Had dinner with conner then felt better. Took a nap from 9-11pm. Wide awake and miserable now.
    Day24-(5-4-16) it's getting a lot worse with zero hours of sleep.
    Day25-(5-5-16) felt better, got sleep last night. Started counseling
    Day26-(5-6-16)no sleep-no symptoms but no sleep either
    Day27-(5-7-16)I took a klonapin and melatonin at bed time and slept ALL night until 7:25am! I just woke up but I don't feel any symptoms! I'm sure I'll still have the >>>>s but I'm not near as achy, I'm feeling happy because I got sleep! I'm 8 days clean!!!!
    Day28-(5-8-16)
    Day29-(5-9-16)
    Day30-(5-10-16)
    Day31-(5-11-16)
    Day32-(5-12-16)
    Day33-
    Day34-
    Dy35-
    Day36-
    Day37-
    Day38-
    Day39-