Tapering off suboxone
    Hoey6797 is offline New Member

Default Tapering off suboxone

I've been on sub for 6 years tried almost everything to stop and it's the hardest thing I've ever done..!! I'm 36 years old I've been on drugs more than half my life and I had enough..!! I want off this stuff..!! I tapered down to about 1mg I'm gonna try to go down to .05 and then jump. I'm about to start a new job that I've been trying to get for the last three years and finally got it and they do Random drug testing..!! I'm just over this waking up feeling like poo always depressed..!! I have a 5 year old son that is very active and some days I don't wanna leave my bed he doesn't deserve that..!! I just wanna get back to feeling my feelings again and give myself the life I deserve and my family deserves..!! I'm gonna try and taper to .05 for a couple days and then jump anyone have any suggestions? I really would love support or someone to talk to while I'm going through this to lead me in the right direction..!! I know 6 years on this stuff is not gonna be easy to come off of but I'm at the point where Im just done with this and I'm willing to do what ever it takes ..!!

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default Hoey

Look up Thomas plan it helps alot Hot soaks Really help with physical part of withdrawls, exercise helps with mental part you can get this was on opiates for 10 yrs last 2-1/2 on subs.Do not do what i did and jump off without tapering way down if you can. Look up Roberts plan for help with tapering, also hope some others on site give you some suggestions I am not a medical dr or personnel of any type have to go to work now but been 3 1/2 months for me, hang tough if i can do it iknow you can too.

Thanks so much for the hope..!!! how many days did the withdrawal last

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoey6797 View Post
    I've been on sub for 6 years tried almost everything to stop and it's the hardest thing I've ever done..!! I'm 36 years old I've been on drugs more than half my life and I had enough..!! I want off this stuff..!! I tapered down to about 1mg I'm gonna try to go down to .05 and then jump. I'm about to start a new job that I've been trying to get for the last three years and finally got it and they do Random drug testing..!! I'm just over this waking up feeling like poo always depressed..!! I have a 5 year old son that is very active and some days I don't wanna leave my bed he doesn't deserve that..!! I just wanna get back to feeling my feelings again and give myself the life I deserve and my family deserves..!! I'm gonna try and taper to .05 for a couple days and then jump anyone have any suggestions? I really would love support or someone to talk to while I'm going through this to lead me in the right direction..!! I know 6 years on this stuff is not gonna be easy to come off of but I'm at the point where Im just done with this and I'm willing to do what ever it takes ..!!

Hoey -

If I were you I would reduce from .5mg to .375mg and then to .25mg before considering the jump. Sub is crazy strong and jumping from .5mg won't be easy. You'll have symptoms that may last a while. I'm speaking from experience. Those that taper slow and steady, taper down as low as possible, and reduce their dose by 25% every 4 or so days have the most success, and the least amount of symptoms after jumping.

There is also the day skipping process that can be of great help too. After you've spent at least 4 days on your lowest dose you skip dosing the next day. Then dose again and skip 2 days, dose and skip 3 days, and dose one final time. I highly recommend you get down to at least .25mg then use the day skipping process. I tapered down to .125mg, half of .25mg before I jumped.

Of course you can do as you please, just trying to offer some suggestions.

Randy

Danidbo9 is offline Member

Hoey,

I can sympathize. I have a 16 month old and a 13 year old to take care of and run around. I tapered down to .06 before I started skipping days

Default hoey

the first week was the strongest withdrawals but i jumped at 6mg I do not recommend it, taper as low as you can its not a race so dont hurry, get someone to support an help you, my wife helped me tremendously. look up the plans i told you about before and most of all remember its tough bit very doable at first but better days are in your future, no more feeling dopey, running out early and worrying about the next dose or script or buying off the street, this is tons better. I am about 90% there now dont let that get you down you will get better so give your body time to heal.Your dr can prescribe some meds to get you through the first week or so,but dont stay on these because some of them can be addictive,You can do it STAY STRONG IT GETS BETTER I PROMISE keep us posted and read others post those helped me also.

Thank you everyone..!! I'm starting .5 tomorrow gonna stay on it for 4 days I have the films so anything past .5 is hard to cut. How long do ya think the withdrawals will last? What days were the worst..??? I appreciate everyone's help and info thank you..!!

I have clonidine, B6, NAC, 5-Htp, multi vitamin, L- tyrosine and lexapro I started that 3 months ago am I forgettin anything?

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Thank you everyone..!! I'm starting .5 tomorrow gonna stay on it for 4 days I have the films so anything past .5 is hard to cut. How long do ya think the withdrawals will last? What days were the worst..??? I appreciate everyone's help and info thank you..!!
    Here's a video on how to cut suboxone film courtesy of HarrySmooth...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE

Zebra, danidbo and randy thank you it means alot..!! Reading your post inspires me..!! I can't wait to wake up an feel great I don't even remember what that feels like it's be so long..!!

Default hoey

clonidine helps alot maybe you dr can give you some, dont forget hot soaks and exercise, withdrawals are going to last about a week the slowly recede stopping in about 30 days or so, but after the first week they are much less intense they kind of come and go, you will get this, dont dwell on withdrawals they will pass look to the future that is much better, so dont quit you'll make it!!! if i did anyone can!!!

Ricky thank you

Should I get the 2mg Suboxone films instead?

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Should I get the 2mg Suboxone films instead?
    The 2mg films would be easier to cut into the small doses but they are not necessary, up to you?