Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cherokee61
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
Tapering off suboxone questions
    Cherokee61 is offline New Member

Default Tapering off suboxone questions

I was on rx opiates for back problems but due to young age (20yrs ago that was) no one wanted to do surgery- so now im finally in mid 40s and no other options helped, 1&1/2yrs ago i finally had surgery! Then 6 mos ago i started cutting down all meds in prep to get off- well due to the last 2-3yrs of experiencing extreme opiate anxiety which would originally (especially while on fentanyl) create huge hot flashes that ended with me puking and usually gwtting ao dehydrated i ended up in hosp for fluids many times. So to avoid mostly anxiety and hot flashes durin wds i started suboxone, not realizing no matter what that id have to then wean off sub. My questions are that right now i am on 1/16-1/8 strip a day and im panicking over whether i will feel or how bad or how long i can expect to feel wds.... so far these sights are filled with worse cases, but i am curious if there are those who had no problems. I was never on any street drugs, but the amount of time i was on opiates freaks me out.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey cherokee. Welcome. There is a big difference between 1/16 and 1/8 of a sub strip. Do you have 8mg strips?? We have a suboxone taper plan that has helped thousands of members get clean with minimal w/d. First thing is to see how much you are taking daily and be sure to get precise doses. A pair of scissors and tweezers helps immensely. The suboxone taper plan is located in the suboxone treatment sub forum. Top thread marked "sticky" give it a read. You can skip the induction process and go straight to tapering. It calls for 25% reductions every 4-7 days. Once you are stable (No w/d).

If you are taking 1mg/day I would not recommend jumping. That is the dosage that I jumped from and it was quite a ride. Subs are crazy strong. (30times stronger than morphine) so it is best to taper as low as possible. Check out my thread. It is just below this thread in the prescription drug forum. Titled "Day 11 no suboxone. Looking for info." Most of the good stuff is in the first 3 pages or so. It will give you some insight as for what you'd be in for if you jumped now. And there's some really good stuff and recommendations in there also.

Tomorrow I will be 10 months clean and it gets better every day. I didn't think I'd be able to function without something in my system but it is possible and you can be free of this drug. You have to want it. More than anything. But if you follow the taper plan your detox symptoms will be minimal.

I gotta go cook dinner, but I'll be back later on tonight. Keep reading and posting. It really helps!!!

Welcome again!!
    Beef
    Catrina likes this.

They are just the 2mg strips- ive only been on a once a day for only about 9wks. But ive been at 1/4 or less for last 4-5wks. I had read that suboxone lessens the symptoms but extends them so due to the amount of time i had been on opiates, i thought i was still fighting orig wds but ive realized last few weeks that its prob just the actual suboxone, and i thought i was being careful enuff by not using ANY more than i needed. I am lucky enuff that i did get thru it without crossing that barely there line so that i dont even become an addict. I couldnt possibly imagine doing this more than just once and have to give recovering addicts credit who make it thru multiple stints of this. Once was too much for me- i am defenitely ready to be off and really have been for long time as last years have been more side effects of medications problems than ever and i am happy to be done and ready for my body to be normal again. I just dont tolerate the heat flashes well and specifically since its summer! Thanks for the help

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

I'd agree with the suboxone thoughts. So how much are you taking daily right now?? I know you said you have 2 mg strips which is great. Much easier to cut and get accurate doses. But in your previous 2 posts you've said you take anywhere from 1/4 to 1/16 of a strip. Roughly anywhere from .5mg to .125mg. Like I said earlier that is a big difference. This is a funny drug and a little goes a long long way. Right now we gotta find what your actual daily dose is. If it's 1/4 strip (.5mg) I'd recommend tapering a bit lower. And if you are at 1/16 (.125mg) I'd recommend working in the skip days process and them jump. Have you read the suboxone taper plan I mentioned in the previous post?? There's a lot of good stuff in there!!

I'll check back in later. Keep posting we are here to help!
    Beef

I do aplogize- my calculations were off- roughly im at about a 1/8-1/16th strips, mostly because i was doin good at the 1/8th but due to sleeping til 3:30am then being wide awake and with all the anxiety that keeps popping up with that, im ashamed to say that ive backed up a step in last week, so im bak to the 1/8th but mostly just usual stuff that of course triggers it... i do smoke and luckily i live in ca so that does help and i try my best to use that rather than going backwards but hey, im human, and i do have habit of taking easy ways....(sorry but rambling thought- has anyone ever tried acupuncture and does it help) ive literally had only 28- 2mg sttips of an rx and still have like 6-7 full strips and i dont want to have to go bak in if i dont have to and luckily my doc is a good one so hes not trying to just get my money like it seems many others are. but anxiety just keeps from doing that last bit. I soent 3 yrs with anxiety (i had never had a prob before til with opiates so i didnt really recognize it AS anxiety till way late) so now that im just able to not feel like my heart is beating outta my chest, ive just gotten lil “emotionally dependant” on it i guess and now i feel as i am rambling. I did try looking for that info but in all honesty i couldnt find it as this sight is fairly confusing to get to know and i have just now learned how to post on this site... im not usually that tech inept but im not the best either but usually fairly good at understanding but this site is taking some time for sure... thanks for at least bothering to take the time- honestly i can get bored as im just getting to the point where it is obvious it is time to get bak to life where pain isnt consuming me like before... i gotta say it is an odd feeling