Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes
Tapering off of zubsolv
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fran421 View Post
    Thank you Beef I appreciate your words of comfort I didn't see you message until now. Well I took 3 ibuprofen and I'm sweating it out right now the pain is not so bad.Gosh ibuprofen really does work ha ha! Go figure.
    Pretty amazing, right? When people told me that over the counter pain relievers were going to work, I didn't believe them. Of course I didn't want to believe them.

Sorry you're having a bit of a rough time. My fingers are crossed that you'll stabilize quickly. Next drop, don't be so aggressive. You're only a couple more reductions away and I promise, it'll be worth it to slow down just a little. I totally understand your desire to be done, get sick and put this behind you but here's the deal. If you jump too soon, you will suffer unnecessarily and it will be for a longer period of time than if you taper all the way down to at LEAST .25/day and even better if you do one or two more reductions to .175 and then .125. Then do a couple of skip days. This will help you to bounce back more quickly and your jump will be easier.

You've come too far and done so well. Don't rush it now!! Do your best to hang in there and stabilize. I'm not surprised that this drop was a bit tougher but huge kudos to you for going for it.

Peace,

Cat
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Fran421 is offline Member

Your so right Cat I did drop to this one a little too fast I will definitely take your advice to heart. I don't want to suffer needlessly.

Has anyone ever had heartburn it felt like you were having a heart attack? It was terrifying but it passed and I was fine but it was just gas. I never felt anything like that and my heart is healthy.

Has anyone ever had heartburn it felt like you were having a heart attack? It was terrifying but it passed and I was fine but it was just gas. I never felt anything like that and my heart is healthy.
    Yep. Not often, thank God. Feels like you're being stabbed in the chest with every breath. Yep. Had it.

Peace,

Cat

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

When I got lower in my taper I would get the heavy chest feeling in the morning. Like someone dropped a cinder block on my chest. But it always went away as soon as I ate breakfast.

Yeah thanks Cat and Beef. It certainly felt like that. Well I notice in the morning my symptoms are bad but after 10am I like sweat and then the pain subsides thank God. Like I said over the counter pain meds are my friend right now. It's hard to believe that little piece of pill has such a grip on me. When I finally make that jump sometime later it's going to be a challenge cause there will be no more piece of pill to hold me.

I feel better this morning but I can't help but worry about getting off. The discomfort will be longer and I just hope I can take it. I have no choice though if I want to be clean.
    Catrina and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Good Morning Fran,

I don't think you're going to have this rough a time if you slow down. You've been making 50% drops. Follow the plan by making only 25% drops and reduce all the way down. Then do some skip days and it won't be this bad. Stay at this dose until you are good and stable even if it's a few days longer than you have been.

You're going to be OK and you are going to get through this!

Peace,

Cat

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

I agree. I don't think it will be as bad as you think. Get as low as you can and work the skip days and your w/d won't be near as bad as you think. A few days of mild discomfort and you'll be good. A lot of times the anticipation of the jump is worse than the actual thing. Keep doing what you're doing. I will agree that 25% drops would be less taxing on your body and make this a bit easier now that you're so low. But it's your party and I'm just here to shake my pom poms.

Have a great day!!
    Beef

Thanks Beef an Cat. I am definitely going to take your advice. I don't want to stress myself out before I actually get there.

Thanks again.
    Fran

Well good morning which I need I'm a driver on the weekends I need my strength. I don't know how I'm going to handle the two jobs when I jump but I guess I have to think positive. I'm going to need that Imodium when I jump cause I can't tell passengers to wait while. I go to bathroom at their expense. Well off I go. Please no headaches today. God bless everyone have a good day.

Had a great day yesterday even though I had some headaches. Got home at 1am. Got to sleep but woke up with only 5 hours sleep. So I took the advice I've seen on some posts and worked through it. I started working on my flower bed and got a lot done. I felt so empowered. I think having a clearer head is great. I would have never done that on pills. Peace.
    Catrina likes this.

In the morning I take my .35 dose then it takes an hour and a half to work. It seems to work all day but at night just before bed a little withdrawal comes back. Not too bad sweats and a little skin crawling in my arms. Nothing happens to my legs. I don't know if it's because I had the knee replacements and my knees are fake. I'm trying to keep the faith but I'm afraid and rightly so because I read how awful some people have it. I want off I just don't want to suffer for two weeks. I can't afford it. No sick time and I have 2 jobs. This sucks I'm too old for this >>>>.
    Good night.

The strangest thing happened to me last night. I woke up feeling like I had little bugs crawling all over me. I changed my clothes and my sheets but it wouldn't go away. I thought maybe cause I worked on the flower bed I picked up something but I had no bumps of any kind. Is this skin crawling? I was going to taper down tomorrow now I'm not so sure.
    Catrina likes this.

Relief is in sight only because I took that little piece of pill. I hate it but I love the relief. This is going to be truly difficult.
    Catrina likes this.

The strangest thing happened to me last night. I woke up feeling like I had little bugs crawling all over me. I changed my clothes and my sheets but it wouldn't go away. I thought maybe cause I worked on the flower bed I picked up something but I had no bumps of any kind. Is this skin crawling? I was going to taper down tomorrow now I'm not so sure.
    Hi Fran.

Yeah this skin crawling thing is a symptom. You made another large reduction last time so hang in there and don't reduce again just yet. Give it another day or two at your current dose until you are really comfortable physically. Just the fact that you had such an uncomfortable night tells me that it's too soon to reduce. Hang in there. Hope tonight is better and if it is, I'd wait one more day to be sure you're stable and if you have another good day/night tomorrow, then go ahead and reduce to .25/day on Wednesday but don't reduce by more than that.

By the way, do your best to not add any additional crumbs if at all possible. You can use "rescue" doses but should avoid that if you can and you shouldn't use more than a couple of those rescue doses for the duration of your taper. Even a crumb makes a difference.

Peace,

Cat

Thank so much Cat for responding. Yes I definitely don't want to be in withdrawal too much because I have a long way to go. I will reduce only by 25% because this reduction was a little hard on me. I need time to recover.

Thanks again Fran and I will try not to use extra crumbs. I haven't so far.

Well today I'm fine. Woke up feeling well except for a few sneezes. It's amazing what a difference a day can make. Tomorrow I will taper down to 0.25 I think that's right that way I won't suffer so much withdrawal. I'm glad I feel better I have an all day meeting today.
    Peace out.

Well a long day but all in all just itchy sinuses. I sneezed a couple times but I feel like I have to sneeze all the time but nothing happens. I'm tapering down 25% starting tomorrow. First couple of days may not be too bad but I know it won't last. The end goal is to eventually taper down to nothing but I'm still afraid. I figure I will be skipping days by the end of the month but I hope I can function at work it's a busy time. I have to follow this through because I don't want to go back to that doctor. I'm not paying him anymore money if I don't have to.

The hardest part about this is being a single mom and doing it alone. My son is supportive but I still have to pick up behind him, cook, clean house, wash towels and sheets, buy groceries. I read how some people have spouses and other people to help them but I'm all alone. My son just plays video games and just says that's good mom. My whole family lives in NY and I'm here in Ohio alone with my son with no support system I'm the support system. Maybe I'm just depressed but it's harder when your alone. Nobody to help you know.
    Catrina likes this.

I think it's hysterical in the morning I'm opening this little foil to pick crumbs. Their mostly the same size but I'm looking for the one that's the biggest. Such drug addict behavior.

I had so much back pain today this afternoon I had to add a little crumb extra. It still hurts so I'm hoping it will pass soon. I have been using ibuprofen all day and it wouldn't work. I know it's withdrawal but I needed a break from it all. Tomorrow back to my little dose but I know it will come back. I'm so sad about this all. I feel like a failure.
    Fran421

The hardest part about this is being a single mom and doing it alone. My son is supportive but I still have to pick up behind him, cook, clean house, wash towels and sheets, buy groceries. I read how some people have spouses and other people to help them but I'm all alone. My son just plays video games and just says that's good mom. My whole family lives in NY and I'm here in Ohio alone with my son with no support system I'm the support system. Maybe I'm just depressed but it's harder when your alone. Nobody to help you know.
    Hi Fran,

So much ups and downs! It's the way it is, unfortunately. I didn't have any support at home either BUT you don't have to do it alone. Find a meeting!!!! You'll find the best support there and it feels good to know that you're not alone in this. Hook up with a sponsor and if you can find a good one, they will always be just a phone call away if you need to talk or if you need someone to pull you off of the ledge. Find a meeting!! )

Peace,

Cat

Hi Cat thanks for the advice. I looked up NA meetings here in central ohio and there is one tomorrow night at 630p. I think I'm going to go because I'm going out of my mind doing this alone. I talked to a friend who goes to meetings and she is going to take me.
    Thank you for the support.
    Fran
    Lvg nghtmare, Catrina and LenLeaps like this.

Hi Cat thanks for the advice. I looked up NA meetings here in central ohio and there is one tomorrow night at 630p. I think I'm going to go because I'm going out of my mind doing this alone. I talked to a friend who goes to meetings and she is going to take me.
    Thank you for the support.
    Fran
    Excellent! Let us know how it goes. Go in with an open mind and give it a chance. You don't have to utter a word if you don't want to. That'll come as you become more comfortable there.

Peace,

Cat
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks Cat I will let you know.

Well I went to the meeting it was a good meeting everyone was very nice. There were 3 discussion topics and folks went around the room sharing. I found it interesting and there was some comfort in knowing you are not alone. I was a little shy about talking to anyone really but I have no problem going back.

Well I went to the meeting it was a good meeting everyone was very nice. There were 3 discussion topics and folks went around the room sharing. I found it interesting and there was some comfort in knowing you are not alone. I was a little shy about talking to anyone really but I have no problem going back.
    Great! You'll get more comfortable as you get to know people so just give it some time. Nice job.

Peace,

Cat

Thanks Cat. I'm stable on .35 of zubsolv and I think I will stay here for a few more days. When I tried to taper down I was having a lot of symptoms. I need a break. I will try again on Tuesday.

I noticed I'm grinding my teeth a lot and I think I'm having some anxiety. Right now I won't take anything because I think I will need it later when it gets bad and I want it to work. Going to taper down tomorrow to .25. It's just a little smaller than the .35. Hopefully since its just a small drop I won't have such bad w/d. Well had good mothers day. Happy Mother's to all.
    Catrina likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast