Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes
Tapering off of zubsolv
    Fran421 is offline Member

Life is hard. So many consequences, but there can be light too. I would like to survive this and see the light at the end of the tunnel. So far it's good on this dose but it's only day one.

Well it's day two and still feel no effects of w/d it's possible by reducing by smaller percentages is evidence that the taper works. Awesome! Hope it stays that way till I jump. I'm thinking 7 days on this dose then down to .12 for 7 days. Then skip days then off. About 24 days. I think this will work.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fran421 View Post
    Well it's day two and still feel no effects of w/d it's possible by reducing by smaller percentages is evidence that the taper works. Awesome! Hope it stays that way till I jump. I'm thinking 7 days on this dose then down to .12 for 7 days. Then skip days then off. About 24 days. I think this will work.
    Great update! Folks who arrive here and are just starting their taper need to read this so that they know if they follow the plan, this is totally doable and can be almost pain free. So, thanks for these comments, Fran. Your plan to the end IS going to work and it's why we encouraged you to just slow down a little. It might be taking a little longer than you had hoped but the goal is to do this without interrupting your life. Made those smaller reductions and do the skip days and you're going to be just fine. Nicely done.

Peace,

Cat

Thank you Catrina I appreciate your support. Tapering slowly is definitely the way to go! Whew what a relief.
    Thanks
    Catrina likes this.

Trying to quit smoking while I'm tapering down. Chewing nicotine gum like crazy. I don't know if this the right time but I want all toxins out of my body. Feel a little nauseous not sure if it's w/d or the Mic gum but I'm still hanging in there. Wanted to drop tomorrow but now I feel like I should wait another day or two to make sure I'm okay.
    Catrina likes this.

Trying to quit smoking while I'm tapering down. Chewing nicotine gum like crazy. I don't know if this the right time but I want all toxins out of my body. Feel a little nauseous not sure if it's w/d or the Mic gum but I'm still hanging in there. Wanted to drop tomorrow but now I feel like I should wait another day or two to make sure I'm okay.
    I bet it's the gum especially if you're chewing a lot of it. Did that to me too. Doesn't hurt a bit to stay where you are for another couple of days in any event. I'd try to lay off the gum tomorrow to see if you feel better so you know for sure if that's what it is.

Peace,

Cat

Hi Cat, I will definitely do that. I want to know too.
    Thanks Cat

Doing well. I guess it was the nicotine gum making me nauseous. I chewed less today and didn't have it so I guess I can drop now. Even though I've had a relatively smooth ride with my current dose I'm still afraid of the drop in doses. It's such a mind >>>> every time I have to go through this but it's something you got to press forward through to see it through the other side. I hate what I've done to myself but I can't blame the doctors, surgery, or anybody else. I did this.

So far it's good. Waiting though.

No big withdrawal so far on the .12 and 4 days no smoking! Woo hoo!

I was able to drive picking up passengers for Rock on the Range concert all day and chewed my nice gum and all I had was a slight headache so I took ibuprofen. I don't know why God has blessed me so much but at this point I'm not suffering yet. I'm not so sure how I'm going to get this dose to go lower than .12 but I guess in the morning before I go to work I will crush it and split it in half. Do that for 5 days and then start skipping days. I hope this works. Well back out to give more rides concert should be over at 11pm.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Since I did real well from Monday till now I have cut back to half of the .12 because the pill is really hard to deal with even when crushing it. I hoping this won't offer too much change in symptoms. I know it has been really difficult for others. I don't know if it's because I went through two knee replacements and have weaned myself off of percocetbefore after surgery. I did that on my own without a taper and so far this isn't quite so bad but time will. All good things in time. At least my boys are proud and supporting me and selected family members out of town who know.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey great job sorry I haven't posted sooner but hey here I am...
    I just wanted to let you know that I think your doing an awesome job...
    Keep it up. We are all here Proud of you....

Thank you I appreciate that. I'm trying to stay positive. I appreciate the support. Thanks.
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey fran. How we feeling today?? Down to .12mg!! That's amazing!! Congratulations. You could certainly try to taper lower. But why not just work in the skip days and jump when you're stable?? It's your decision entirely, but I'm thinking the w/d won't be nearly as bad as you're expecting. You'll have some mild w/d but you'll still be able to function. Grab some stuff from the Thomas Recipe and rip off the bandaid!!

I'm so happy for you and we are in your back pocket!!
    Keep posting!!
    Beef

Thank you so much Beef! Today I don't feel too bad so far. I am going to stay here for a few days and if all continues to be well I think I will cut that bandaid off. I actually want to be clean but I know it won't all be easy but I'm ready. I will definitely get some things to help with the w/d symptoms. All these years I've been afraid but I think once you actually follow the advice on this forum you can make it. You all have been an amazing support. I wish more people knew about this. We would have more people in recovery.

That's awesome. I'd definately recommend doing the skip days. It'll make for an even softer landing.

You're doing amazing and almost free of this!! Keep up the good work!!!

I will definitely continue the skip days. Thanks

Thank you I appreciate that. I'm trying to stay positive. I appreciate the support. Thanks.
    You're going to do great, Fran! You have such a good attitude and that helps tremendously. You went into this expecting that there would be some bumps so you weren't surprised when they happened. That's the ticket right there. I think that you're going to be surprised when you do jump. It's not going to be anything like a cold turkey that I'm sure you tried in the past (we all have at some point). I think the worst of it is going to be regaining a level of energy that will suit you. That too shall pass. Well. I didn't mean to get ahead of you but I couldn't resist giving you the recognition you deserve for keeping positive throughout your taper. I think that a lot of people underestimate just how important that is.

It's nearly over and I hope that once you are done that you'll keep returning to pay it forward. it's the only way that this Forum works so well and your thread illustrates what is possible by just getting on with it and keeping positive. You have much to be proud of and you need to know how proud of you I am.

Peace,

Cat

Thanks so much Cat. I have really trying hard to get through this and get on the other side of addiction. I have had this addictive behavior for a long time and I feel I owe it to myself to be not normal but we'll. I really want to be well. I'm so tired of being sick. Thank you and have a good night.
    Catrina likes this.

Thanks so much Cat. I have really trying hard to get through this and get on the other side of addiction. I have had this addictive behavior for a long time and I feel I owe it to myself to be not normal but we'll. I really want to be well. I'm so tired of being sick. Thank you and have a good night.
    I know that feeling inside and out. It just might inspire you to make other healthy choices Once we get through our taper or detox, it often times inspires us to make other changes like better eating habits, quitting smoking and the list goes on. Whatever we can change will help us lead a happier, healthier life style. You are so going to do this and you're almost there! I think that you can be our poster child. lol Goodnight. I'm sure I'll see you check in tomorrow.

Peace,

Cat

Well today I decided to skip a day. Now I don't want you to think this is a breeze for me because it's not and I have read on here that there will be some challenges. This morning I skipped my piece of pill. Around 10 I had a splitting headache and I have felt a little cold but that could be that I wore a dress today and they have the air up too high. Anyway. I had to take 4 ibuprofen to make this headache go away then I began to have a sweat but the strange thing is after that I felt some relief. I found that odd but welcomed it. All in all not too bad and of course I take my normal dose tomorrow.
    Thanks for the encouragement Cat and everyone. It's helping me get through this challenging time. I knew it wasn't going to be easy.
    Catrina likes this.

Well today I decided to skip a day. Now I don't want you to think this is a breeze for me because it's not and I have read on here that there will be some challenges. This morning I skipped my piece of pill. Around 10 I had a splitting headache and I have felt a little cold but that could be that I wore a dress today and they have the air up too high. Anyway. I had to take 4 ibuprofen to make this headache go away then I began to have a sweat but the strange thing is after that I felt some relief. I found that odd but welcomed it. All in all not too bad and of course I take my normal dose tomorrow.
    Thanks for the encouragement Cat and everyone. It's helping me get through this challenging time. I knew it wasn't going to be easy.
    WOW I'm impressed. The symptoms you felt this morning are typical. Hope they were mild enough but in any event, I'm glad they passed. It's the last of the sub leaving your system. This is exactly why skip days help so much. You'll feel those mild symptoms and then dose, then skip to allow even more to leave and so on. You're doing great, Fran. Keep it up.

Peace,

Cat

Thank you I appreciate it.

I know it's been pretty since its only one day but now I'm sneezing. It's actually a little funny cause folks in the office asked me if I was alright and wanted to tell "I'm alright now". But I held it back. A little back pain, a little headache but still holding it together. I really find it amazing that I was able to pull through all day at work without the sub. I want to do this even more now. I'm beginning to see that there's light outside of this tunnel.
    Beefaroni7272, OKC-26 and Catrina like this.

Lol. The dreaded sneezing. I still sneeze every day. It's kinda funny now. The fiance and I have a running bet of how long it's gonna take me to get through a day without sneezing and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose that bet. Congratulations on your first skip day. Not too scary anymore right? You can do this. So tomorrow you'll take your normal dose, then skip 2 days. Dose again then skip 3 days. Dose one more time then you're done.

I'm so happy for you fran!!
    You're almost free!!
    Keep posting, and have a great day!
    Beef

Thank you Beef thanks for your help. I found an NA meeting like really really close to home on Thursdays at 730pm. I'm going to go maybe that could be my home group and I could find a sponsor there. I have been going to different meetings all over the place but hate to have to travel so far from home. I'm not saying I won't still go to meetings but I'm going to make this one more consistent. I think I need the face to face support especially now. It will help to have a sponsor I can talk to on a regular basis. I had some withdrawal today and a little burning sensation in my arms but nothing I can't push myself to work through. I have ibuprofen, multi-vitamin, and visteril for anxiety. I also have some Epson salts for hot baths. It's a mind over matter thing and I have to stay pre-occupied to make it through the day. I have two jobs so I pretty much work 6 days a week that helps but I get cranky and irritated when I'm tired so I have to know when to get my rest. I put myself on a schedule to be in bed at 10pm whether I sleep or not. I am encouraged. Even though it feels bad it's one step closer to prescription freedom. Not trying to be disgusting but yay! No more piss tests.

Oh I forgot I have to stop by pharmacy to get liquid Imodium.

Oh I forgot I have to stop by pharmacy to get liquid Imodium.
    It's a lifesaver!!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Well here.s where it's at, I had a difficult time falling asleep. Some tingling in my arms annoyed me but no headace. My son came home from work and then went on his video game yelling. I thought maybe that's why I can't get to sleep. I was 10 minuted late to work because I couldn't get moving. I normally go to sleep anyway so i think it was just the symptom of no sub. I then took 1 visteril and it knocked me out. I woke up in a fog. I hated it. It made me feel loopy. I won't take it again unless I absolutely have to. At least I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms this morning. I almost regret having to take that piece of sub this morning but I gotta follow the taper. Soon very soon.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast