Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes
Tapering off of zubsolv
    Fran421 is offline Member

I think I'm going to get a tattoo of my clean date when all of this said and done.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

that's funny Fran I so get it I have been saying I'm getting a tattoo that says
    "this too shall pass"

That's cool you should if that's what you want to do. I think one reason I want to get it is because I can look at my arm and know what can happen if I ever repeat this again.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Well got home and fell out like a light. Just waking up. I guess I'm still tired from yesterday. I don't like not sleeping well but I guess that something I have to deal with. For now I will enjoy the sleep.

Well this morning I'm exhausted even though I slept for about 11 hours. That little piece of sub knocked me out and I guess I caught up on the sleep I didn't get the night before. I have a headache again so I took ibuprofen. I'm not complaining but just a little worried about what the next two days are going to be like.

I don't know what's happening this is only day 4 of the skipping process. I have to do two days without and then sub again on Saturday. I feel like >>>> this morning. Pain in my arms and constant headache. I took ibuprofen 2 hours ago didn't work so I just took one more. I knew going into this it wasn't going to be easy but I just needed some place to vent my frustration with the process today. I haven't smoked a cigarette in 10 days but this is making me crave one bad. All I can do is ompray the ibuprofen works. Thanks for listening.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Get up and get moving. I know it doesn't feel like it but this is all normal. It's the built up sub leaving your body. Stay with it. You'll be glad you did in the long run. You're training your body not to expect anymore sub. Find something to occupy your mind. Read a book, watch something mindless on tv, go for a walk, enjoy the sunshine.

You're doing great!!!
    Proud of you!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thank you Beef I'm not given up. I took a long weekend at my week day job for Memorial weekend. I got up and now I'm getting an oil change. Then I will try to get some housework done. It's difficult when your head is banging and you feel like just laying down but I will fight the temptation cause I think it will only hu

Believe me I know where you're coming from. All I wanted to do was curl up into a big ball of my own self pity for about a month. But I had to work. No time off. It was just as bad as you'd think. But honestly it was the best thing that could have happened. It forced me to get up and move around. Yeah it was brutal getting out of bed every day. But most of the time after I got a shower and started moving around I was better.

You're doing great!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Wanted to add. I also jumped from 1mg and no skip days. So you won't have it as bad. Not trying to scare you lol.

As low as you tapered you'll be fine

I'm asking the doctor for 800mg ibuprofen tablets. Does that have codeine or anything addictive cause I won't take it.

OKC-26 is offline Member

No it will not have anything other than ibuprofen in it. No different than taking 4 of the 200mg ibuprofen that you would get from CVS or walgreens!

You’ve got this! It’ll be a little tough but it will be so worth it! We’re all here cheering you on!

Thank you so much I appreciate it. I'm hanging on. Almost got day one in the bag. Tomorrow is day two. One day at a time.

Oh I have a meeting tonight at 730p. Oh am I going to share I need as much experience strength and hope as I can get. Thanks everyone.
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fran421 View Post
    Oh I have a meeting tonight at 730p. Oh am I going to share I need as much experience strength and hope as I can get. Thanks everyone.
    Sorry I'm just checking on you but I see you have had plenty of company. You're really doing well, Fran. Try Excedrin for the headache. That's what works for me. My daughter is a nurse and she has always told me to take two Excedrin and 2 over the counter strength Ibuprofen at the same time. Just be careful and don't do that too many times in any one day. Plain Ibuprofen never really helps my headaches but Excedrin does the trick almost every time.

Good luck tonight.

Peace,

Cat

Okay look check it out I know you guys are probably sick of me today. I went to my medical doctor and told her what I'm doing. She told me she can do better than just ibuprofen. She gave me a medication called Duexis which is ibuprofen and ranitidine in it. Apparently she's given me ibuprofen and anti seizure medication. What the >>>>! She must think I'm going to have seizures or something. Why is it when you ask them for one thing they come up with some other >>>>.
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

OKC-26 is offline Member

Don’t know anything about duexis.. but if you’re worried about it just take 4 200mg ibuprofen.
    Catrina likes this.

[QUOTE=Fran421;551663]

That's weird!! I think it's an anti-inflammatory given for arthritis. I'd use Excedrin and Ibuprofen. Do you have arthritis? Weird.

Peace,

Cat

I don't know but I took one and it worked no pain at all. I went to the meeting tonight it was an AA meeting. Everyone shared but I felt funny I didn't want to share. I haven't had a drink since I started pills 6 years ago. I don't know if I will go back. I wanted an NA meeting but I went to a meeting right? I think I see if there's an NA meeting out here. I live in a very conservative suburb (stuck up) but that's not what's important. The pain is gone! Yay!
    Catrina and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran421 View Post
    I don't know but I took one and it worked no pain at all. I went to the meeting tonight it was an AA meeting. Everyone shared but I felt funny I didn't want to share. I haven't had a drink since I started pills 6 years ago. I don't know if I will go back. I wanted an NA meeting but I went to a meeting right? I think I see if there's an NA meeting out here. I live in a very conservative suburb (stuck up) but that's not what's important. The pain is gone! Yay!
    Oh good. Glad you're feeling better. NA or AA really no difference. It's the same program and in fact, many of us prefer AA meetings so whichever you find that you like, that's the one to go to.

Peace,

Cat
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Took one of those ibuprofen pills and I feel fine. I guess I judged the doctor harshly. I only feel a little of burning sensation in my arms but no dreaded headache. Have a good day.
    And oh Cat, thank you I think I will go again because it's so close. It will take me a little time to share.

I had a blessed day of piece and freedom from all the symptoms except the sweating, can't help that. I did break down and have a cigarette. I will go back to gum but it sure did relieve some stress. All good things in time. At least I am able to stick with my tapering plan. All is well here. For now.

Anonymous Guest

Fran - just wanted to pop in and say good for you! I am sure that is a welcome relief for the weekend. Quitting everything at one time--I tip my hat. I am glad you are well.

I quit smoking in 2002. I smoke for over 25 years. I started young, and it was a pack to a pack and half a day. I oddly quit during one of the most stressful times of life. I used the patch for a month. I really don't know how I did it, but I did. You will do it too. With everything, it's how bad you want it. I'm not sure why I decided to quit. I just did. I am very glad I did. The price is astounding as well as everything that goes with it. Keep doing well. You are doing great. You're worth it. One day you will wake up, and everything bad will behind you and you will forge through with everything good. That day could be today!

Hope

Hope

Oh thank you so much Hope!
    I am really fortunate that so far it hasn't been too overwhelming but so far so good. I survived my 2 skip days. I hated having to dose today but it must be done to reduce the amount of w/d. Well I dosed today so I know I will be okay and we will see about tomorrow. As far as the cigarettes, I did break down and have one or two but I'm getting back on track today. It is so hard doing this at same time. Nothing to help with the anxiety but I do have Visteril but I don't like taking it. Makes me loopy. I've talked enough have a good day.

Still suffering headaches. It takes 2 to 3 hours to kill the pain. It worked the first. 2 days, now it takes forever.

Anonymous Guest

Fran -

Please know this, I am not discounting how you feel at all today. I'm feeling he same way, and oddly, I notice there are quite a few of us feeling the same way... It's a beautiful day, I should be outside, but feel exhausted, hurt and feeling down. Darn it. There has to be a special potion that puts us all back to normal. Think how rich we would be, not to mention how many lives would save. Some big bad pharmaceutical exec must be reading this this and thinking hmmm, maybe this is my big break. I will think of a cure for this whole mess we have made.

I guess we are going to have to take the good with the bad. I wish it wasn't bad for us today. I managed to brush my hair and teeth. Got the kids off to the their mom. I worked all week, took Friday off to clean house, and ran the kids around yesterday, played with them, gave them baths, put them to bed and got up with one of them at 1:30 because he was scared. Had big plans today to do yard work. Nope. Law and Order Special Victim's Unit for the day. I feel sorry for my husband. I can be so crabby when I get to this point.

We have to share more on what will work and what won't. There has to be SOMETHING out there to make this better. i refuse to believe this has to be such a struggle. I'm not doing subs. I don't condemn anyone who does, but I don't want to. There has to be a natural remedy. I have tried the DLPA and it upset my stomach. Maybe that was in my head and will give it another chance. Another thing that is irritating for me, is that I am hungrier when I do not take any or am at a low dose. That just make me so mad. I have a hard time keeping my weight down. I'm like c'mon God, that too?

Just ranting, and wanted you and many more to know that there are a lot of us in the same boat today. Maybe tomorrow, will be a lot better for all of us. We all just need to hang in there. Feel better!

Hope

Had to take ibuprofen and 2 hours later Tylenol]. Relief for a little while. Gotta cookout now.

It seems that Every time I take a dose the next day I don't dose my head pounds. Then the next day it eases up but I almost don't want to take it in 3 more days because I know the next day it will hurt so bad. It's almost like teasing my brain. I don't know.
    Catrina likes this.

It's just your body adjusting to no sub. Burning up whatever is left in your system. It's all normal. You're almost done with it!! Congratulations!! You're doing great!!

Have a great night
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thank you Beef. You too!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast