Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree155Likes
Tapering off of zubsolv
    Fran421 is offline Member

Well I had one month to get to a year clean May 24th would have been my clean date. I was told by pulmonologist I may have lung cancer. They are doing surgery to take a piece of lymphnode that keeps growing in my lung. This is my second biopsy this one is surgical. I had to go to ER because the muscle in the wall lining of my lung was strained. I had pain and instead of taking the naproxen they prescribed I asked for something stronger. I can't believe they believed me when I have I'm allergic to Vicodin in my file so they gave me Percocet. I feel doomed but I don't want to do it again. After surgery they may offer it again. I'm afraid of the pain so I don't want to tell them the truth. I have been going to gym 5 days a week for the past year and lost 50 pounds really eating right but it gets worse. I went to a friend I used to buy pills from and she was now doing meth. I figured oh I only may have lung cancer so let me try meth. Needless to say 3 weeks later I feel like death. I have sworn off this friend and now I'm trying to get back to being normal. My son says I'm going through some sort of mid life crisis. I started dating this young 31 year old. I only have a son 32 years old which is ridiculous. So I sent him away and he keeps calling. My job knows about my lung danger so they think I have just been taking care of myself. Bull>>>>. Who potentially has lung cancer and smokes meth I must be suicidal. I spoke to my psychiatrist and he put me in counseling. He thinks the threat of my health condition has put me in some kind of manic episode. Well I wish I had much better news to report but the moral of the story is never let your guard down. You may be clean but your still an addict and you have to always avoid temptation tell on yourself and stay away from using friends. I'm still I here so starting over day 2.

Fran- I don't know you but I sympathize with you. I can't imagine what you are going through with that diagnosis, but I'll pray for you. I am 2 months sober myself. If you need someone to talk to, reach out here. I found that these forums helped me achieve sobriety, there are so many great successful stories on here. One thing that worked for me for anxiety is Remeron at bedtime. It's an antidepressant but it is also used for insomnia and has a great antianxiety effect after a few days. It's not addicting. Obviously you know meth is bad, but day 2, and your here, so hang in there. The first step is admitting the problem. I read a little on page 7 of this thread and you wrote:

Day 34_
    Still good, very peaceful and enjoying my summer so far. It's nice not worrying about pills and just taking care of life stuff. I'm loving it.
    Fran

Remember this happy, peaceful time, get through this medical nightmare, and I'm sure youll be back to finding your peace before you know it. <3

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678