Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes
Tapering off of zubsolv
    Fran421 is offline Member

Default Tapering off of zubsolv

Its been 4 years on suboxone then zubsolv. I have tapered down to 0.7 mg of zubsolv. I am trying the taper I read on the forums. Its been 3 days since I tapered down from 1.4 to 0.7 and surprisingly I have felt very little withdrawals. I will stay on for 7 days then jump to .35 mg. I noticed it usually takes me 7 days to balance out. I keep waiting to feel sick but don't. I had a knee replacement and got addicted to Percocet. Then doc put me on zubsolv. He is no help at all tapering down I guess he just wants the money. I have visteril for anxiety they won't give me anything like Xanax. I am anxious to have my life back. My work helps people in recovery so I feel like a hypocrite on the zubsolv. I really don't care what people think of me I just want my life back I'm getting too old for this starting over >>>>. I hope to get some support. I hope I can find this thread again.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Fran welcome to the forum it sounds like you have a good plan and your doing amazing. Great job you should be proud of yourself. Don't worry or wait to get sick you might not. Keep posting we are all here to support you on your journey.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Thank you so much for the support. I may have spoken a little too soon right after my post I started getting a little headache. I took some ibuprofen. I'm going to sleep early feeling a little tired. Have a good night.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fran421 View Post
    Thank you so much for the support. I may have spoken a little too soon right after my post I started getting a little headache. I took some ibuprofen. I'm going to sleep early feeling a little tired. Have a good night.
    Welcome Fran,

You've done amazingly well! Congratulations on getting down so low. Yes. Those sub doctors would all be delighted if their patients stayed on subs forever. Monthly visits at outrageous fees for them to hand you a script and send you on your way. No insurance billing. All cash. What a racket. Bleh! So. We agree.

First I want to say to not chalk that headache up to your taper. Not everything we feel can be blamed on that. You may just have a headache because you have a headache.

I do want to suggest to you that you begin to make smaller reductions especially now that your dose is low. You've done so well and have had what sounds like a very smooth taper. No sense taking a chance of messing that up now that might cause you to have to tweak your dose and lose days trying to stabilize. You've been reducing by 50%. The plan used here suggests reductions of not more than 25% but that doesn't matter now, you've done well in spite of making bigger reductions. You're at .7mg/day so instead of reducing to .35mg/day, slow it up a little and make your next dose .5mg/day. Just those crumbs will make a difference. From there, go to .375mg, then to .25mg. At this point you can either do a few skip days and then jump or make one or two more reductions before you do the skip days. Those would be.17mg, and then .125mg.

If this last reduction begins to catch up with you, it'd be best to push through and somehow manage some of the minor symptoms that might appear. You'll know if that's happening in the next day or so. If you're still feeling fine, you should continue to feel fine. If some symptoms do kick up, I would expect that they won't last more than a day or two and then you should begin to stabilize again. Just a reminder to NOT attempt to reduce again until you're sure you're completely stable.

Hope you wake up feeling better.

Peace,

Cat

Thank you Cat. I'm still feeling okay I seem to be handling so far but still a little worried about how I will feel later but I am going to stay in today. I have an 18 year old son and he is being so supportive. He remembers when he could hear me crushing up and snorting pills in the bathroom. Its nice to have him proud of me again. I am not just doing this for him but for me. It's time and I had to avoid those friends that have no intension of getting off because they aren't supportive of the idea. Well I appreciate the support. Back to work have a good day.

Well day 4 went well so far. I had a major headache before lunch. I took 3 ibuprofen and it did eventually go away. I was pretty active reorganizing a file cabinet. That gave me a quick sweat. I'm a little worried I hear of some really difficult stories on here and so far I've been okay. I'm not afraid to taper down on Sunday. I usually go from Sunday to Sunday. I've given it some consideration not to cut down from 50% again to 25% The only problem is navigating the size of the pills. Its easier to cut them in 50% than cutting them down 25% I have been avoiding going to the sub doctor but I have to go and get the last lowest dose of 0.7 pills so it will be easier to cut smaller than using the 4mg of suboxone (I'm using suboxone mg cause I can never remember the size of the zubsolv.) Its so difficult to cut but I'm using a razor blade and I might actually be on less than 0.7 because so of the crumbs come off. Anyway besides the headache I'm fine. What is going on why are so many gynecologist distributing scripts for subs? And he doesn't give you a plan he just writes scripts. This will be the last time he gets my 120 dollars. I can't wait to tell him goodbye on Saturday! Yay!

Well I worry about getting the sleeping and depression problems folks are having. I'm not having any yet but my reason for worrying is because I've got bipolar II and my worst nightmare is the insomnia. I'm on meds now and they make me sleep fine but when I do taper off I may have to tell my psychiatrist so she can help me through this.

Anybody get off that have a mental health history? What did you do to cope?

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey fran. I see I'm a bit late to the party, but I wanted to say welcome and congratulations on what you've accomplished thus far. I see you've got some great suggestions so far. What size pills do you have. I know you said you're having a bit of an issue getting accurate doses. What you can do is crush the pills, divide them into equal piles and then place the powder into a piece of tinfoil, fold it over and label it for future use. Make sure you still dissolve the powder under your tongue. I know zubsolv has different strengths than suboxone or subutex so the math could get a it dicey. But we can help with that.

I'll be back later to check in.
    Congratulations again and welcome to this amazing place!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks for replying beefaroni I appreciate it. I have 2.9 tablets that I divide by 4 to get 0.7 but I have to go to doc even though I don't want to but to get smallest script they have of 0.7. I'm going to have to make that last because he wants me to come every two weeks he doesn't do once a month and I have been doing this for a long time. Also 4 months ago I had to start paying for my labs myself plus copay. That's when I really knew I was ready. It wasn't just the money I just got tired of the degradation of someone watching me pew in a cup every two weeks. I want my life not back but better. I will try to break it down by crushing it and see how it goes. So far just tingling in my arms and a slight headache but ibuprofen takes care of it FOR NOW! I hope it helps later on too. Look forward to hearing from later. Well better start working. Thanks for the support.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Good Morning Fran,

The method that Beef suggested to you for cutting your pills really is the easiest way at this point. The beauty of crushing them and dividing is that the size (strength) of your tablets almost becomes a non-issue aside from wanting to know what your exact dose is. 25% reductions is simply dividing that pile into 4 so that each pile will be 25% of whatever the size of the tablets are. Just a reminder to store the powder and clearly mark it so that you'll know how much is in there. As you continue to reduce you'll probably wind up with little packages of different amounts.

Try not to stress about how you're going to feel after you do finally jump. You've done so well so far so I suspect you're going to be one of those who will absolutely slay this. Your head is in the right place and you're determined so the only thing in your way is your fear. Whatever happens, you're going to deal with it just like you've dealt with everything so far. YES!! Absolutely tell your psychiatrist everything. There's no shame and in fact, you have much to be proud of. If he/she knows the whole picture, he'll be in the best position to help you through the aftermath if you need it. There have been plenty of folks around here who have various psychiatric issues who completed their tapers and have gone on to do wonderfully. Sometimes it took getting their physicians to change up their SSRI by either trying a different one or just changing the dose.

Feels good to have your son proud of you, right? Talk about a monster motivator! We do this for ourselves but how it positively impacts our personal relationships is only but one of the bonuses.

Peace,

Cat

Thanks Cat, so true about the relationships with those we love. Well I had some skin crawling this morning and some minor aches so I took 3 Advil and in 40 minutes it went away. I'm so happy it's not so bad right now it encourages me to keep going. I'm not clean yet but I felt so good about things today. Really optimistic to the future. I was smiling from ear to ear. I know I will have bad days and good days but isn't that how life is in as a whole. In life we have bad days and good days. Zubsolv did it's job it helped me get off the pills. Now it's my job to make things right and come off the subs. I have been a single mom for a LONG time and I believe I was using the drugs as a coping mechanism instead of facing my loneliness and struggles head on but now my boys are grown and I'm stuck with me and I need to get to know me before I'm gone. Live a little sober you know. Well this enough rambling. Me me me ugh!

Alright it may be just a little trouble sleeping but I woke at 330am and couldn't get back to sleep. Now I'm having a bathroom issue. Well I'm not going to panic after reading your posts on other threads I expected as much. Time for some Imodium. Nothing too bad yet. I'm not sure why this is happening on day 6 since my taper to 0.7 but okay I know and hope it won't last.

Its so great pretty soon I will be able to go out of town without having to figure out if I have enough medication or run to Dr to get script to tide me over. I used to worry about what if we had a major dystrophy I was not able to get to Dr or get script filled what would happen to me well I not going to be afraid of that no more. Soon very soon. Had another head a he and one discomfort around 10 but took my crumb and waited an hour before ruining for the ibuprofen and it eased up. I'm trying to save the ibuprofen for when it gets really bad so it will work.

It's such a liberating feeling not to be handcuffed by those dam little pills. 2 months after I jumped from subs the family and I went down to Florida for thanksgiving with my side of the family. It was the first trip I took without having to worry about my little sub friends. Lol. It felt so good to know they didn't have a hold on me anymore. Like you said. Very soon you will be there. And it's amazing!!!!

Have a great day!!
    Beef

Thank you Beef. Well I tried crushing it and splitting it up, then I marked the foil and tried getting it in the foil. What a mess! I couldn't get all of the pill in the foil. I really don't know how much I have in there. I'm going to have to go to this bastard doctor again and see if I can get the 0.7 dose and see if it's easier to cut that in halves or if he will give me the suboxone strip for 2 mg take that and cut it. Well I still have some skin crawling so I'm going to put off tapering tomorrow and wait till that stops. Thank again Beef.

Razor blades seem to work best for me when it comes to scooping the powder up. Give it a shot next time.

At the docs office I was so happy this the last time I will be seeing him I forgot my counseling sheet for meetings. I never do that but he better excuse me because I just paid 107 bucks to get this last script. Soon I will go to meetings and not have show a sheet of paper anymore.

Sorry beef I didn't see text. I will buy a razor blade today. I've been using my card and this sharp little knife. Good idea. Thank you.

Yay he gave me the script and told me awesome see you next time. He'll no you won't, I hope.

I know I'm not clean yet but I haven't woke up early on weekends in a long time. It feels good. I have really light symptoms I think Tuesday when I pick up new dose I will cut in half and start at 0.35. I know it's half but I think I can do it.

Going down to .35 tomorrow wish me luck with this one. Took me awhile to stabilize on the 0.7 but I'm good now. I really hope it's not too too bad. It hasn't been this far.

I find myself watching the clock in the morning for my next dose. This is such addict behavior. I guess it will take me awhile to stop this.
    Catrina and Lvg nghtmare like this.

I find myself watching the clock in the morning for my next dose. This is such addict behavior. I guess it will take me awhile to stop this.
    Yes. It takes a while. This is one of the reasons that we suggest dosing only once a day once you're below 1mg/day. Time to work on breaking the habit of wanting that next dose. Dose once it begins to settle in that there is no second dose. I didn't even realize how much of a habit the ritual of dosing had become until weeks after I was done with my detox. I found myself reaching for Advil or anything else until one day I stopped myself mid reach and asked myself why I was doing that. I didn't need them. I just felt a need to take something. I put the bottle back but it wasn't the last time I caught myself. It's not an easy part of the recovery process but half the battle is just recognizing that it's our head more than our body making those demands.

Good luck with this drop. Keep us posted..

Peace,

Cat

Thanks Cat I appreciate it. I will definitely let you know I like the support.

Today went okay but then it's only day one since I tapered down to 0.35. I have some sweats off and on. A little tingling in the arms but nothi,g unbearable which gives me hope it won't be too bad. I think about the first time I took 3 pills instead of the 1 pill prescribed and liked that feeling. I wish I'd never done it to myself. I'm a good mom of two great boys who frown on drugs and one wants to a police officer. They never understood why I did this. One accepted it and one hated. I've disappointed myself and my children. I could blame it on my knee replacement or the doctors but I picked up that pill. It helped me get energy and clean the house but made me numb to the reality of what I was doing to myself. I hate everything about addiction. Now I'm a drug addict but soon to be a recovering drug addict and hope to never experience this again. Somehow I will find out my own energy and live in reality.

Well woke up with back pain don't know if it's wd or just back pain because I've been numb so long. It feels like my arms are on fire and I'm tired. All I can think of is "this to shall pass". There is no alternative must come down to go up.

Well woke up with back pain don't know if it's wd or just back pain because I've been numb so long. It feels like my arms are on fire and I'm tired. All I can think of is "this to shall pass". There is no alternative must come down to go up.
    You got that right. Lol. Sorry the back hurts but it's normal. When I jumped I felt every bump and bruise I'd gotten over the last 8+ years. Bad back, feet hurt, joints, even picked up a tennis elbow???? And I've never played tennis a day in my life. It takes some time for us to get back to our normal pain levels. Today I'm in less pain than I ever was while I was using. Ibpruofen and Tylenol actually work for pain now.

Keep on trucking. It gets so much better!!!
    You're doing great!!
    Beef

I hate this I hate wanting to take this piece of a pill. Soon there will be no pill and I will have to deal with the discomfort. It's like taper down pain taper down pain waiting to level off taper down pain. I just want to do it and suffer and be over it already. I'm really >>>>>ing this morning this >>>> must be getting to me this time.

Thank you Beef I appreciate your words of comfort I didn't see you message until now. Well I took 3 ibuprofen and I'm sweating it out right now the pain is not so bad.Gosh ibuprofen really does work ha ha! Go figure.
    Lvg nghtmare and Catrina like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast