Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Lvg nghtmare
  • 1 Post By 10years39days
  • 1 Post By 10years39days
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 2 Post By Droppinthepoppy
  • 2 Post By 10years39days
  • 2 Post By Randy35
Tapering Suboxone SLOWLY- what to expect?
    Idntjudgeu is offline New Member

Default Tapering Suboxone SLOWLY- what to expect?

Hello, so I keep attempting to find the answer to my question and I just can’t seem to find information on this! Everything online that I see seems to be about dropping off of suboxone cold-turkey or HOW to taper, but I can’t seem to find information on what to expect when you are tapering correctly. So, I’m sure you all are aware that withdrawing is progressive, just like addiction itself, meaning every time you go through it it’s a little bit worse. Well I have been through withdrawals MANY times from pretty much every drug. I was an IV user for years. I’m telling you this so that you know that I have terrible withdrawals off of the smallest amount of anything and everything. Anyways, I’ve been on suboxone for the past 2 1/2 years. I decided exactly 8 months ago to start a very slow taper. I was on 12 mg a day. I tapered every month ABOUT 1 mg (more at the very beginning and now less and less) I am now at 1.5 mg, starting 2 days ago. The drop from 2.5 mg to 2 mg was hard. Not like withdrawling from IVing opiates cold turkey bad... but no sleep, anxiety, irritabliity, restless legs bad. Pretty much no other symptoms except sweating. It’s tolerable. My question to anyone who knows is how many days do these small withdrawal symptoms last? Do they last just a few days? Do they last two weeks? I’m not really sure how long the withdrawals lasted for the 2.5 to 2 mg drop because I was sick for a lot of that month from various other things and the drops before that I hardly felt at all (like the 8 mg to 6 mg for example). I definitely felt a little off, but not compared to now, the 2.5 mg to 2 mg. It’s a pretty big difference! Every other post I find explains why it’s worse and blah blah, which I am thankful for, but I just want to know exactly what to expect here on out. Specifically, how many days will I hurt for after dropping down and do the symptoms get worse the lower the dose or is every drop in dosage pretty much the same if you are going slowly and not dropping mg too much?

RightTurn33 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Idntjudgeu View Post
    Hello, so I keep attempting to find the answer to my question and I just can’t seem to find information on this! Everything online that I see seems to be about dropping off of suboxone cold-turkey or HOW to taper, but I can’t seem to find information on what to expect when you are tapering correctly. So, I’m sure you all are aware that withdrawing is progressive, just like addiction itself, meaning every time you go through it it’s a little bit worse. Well I have been through withdrawals MANY times from pretty much every drug. I was an IV user for years. I’m telling you this so that you know that I have terrible withdrawals off of the smallest amount of anything and everything. Anyways, I’ve been on suboxone for the past 2 1/2 years. I decided exactly 8 months ago to start a very slow taper. I was on 12 mg a day. I tapered every month ABOUT 1 mg (more at the very beginning and now less and less) I am now at 1.5 mg, starting 2 days ago. The drop from 2.5 mg to 2 mg was hard. Not like withdrawling from IVing opiates cold turkey bad... but no sleep, anxiety, irritabliity, restless legs bad. Pretty much no other symptoms except sweating. It’s tolerable. My question to anyone who knows is how many days do these small withdrawal symptoms last? Do they last just a few days? Do they last two weeks? I’m not really sure how long the withdrawals lasted for the 2.5 to 2 mg drop because I was sick for a lot of that month from various other things and the drops before that I hardly felt at all (like the 8 mg to 6 mg for example). I definitely felt a little off, but not compared to now, the 2.5 mg to 2 mg. It’s a pretty big difference! Every other post I find explains why it’s worse and blah blah, which I am thankful for, but I just want to know exactly what to expect here on out. Specifically, how many days will I hurt for after dropping down and do the symptoms get worse the lower the dose or is every drop in dosage pretty much the same if you are going slowly and not dropping mg too much?

I'm beginning my fourth day jumping off percoset from nearly 30 mg per day. I had previously tapered completely off 60 mg morphine and 10 mg percoset before this, over a period of 7 weeks. I went into full blown withdrawals about 10 days ago and was waiting for them to settle down before I started tapering more - the w/d's never settled, and 3 days ago I decided to go cold turkey on the last 30mg. I'm hanging in there, but I won't lie, it is very difficult. As was suggested to me, just jump off now and stop, and get withdrawals over and done with and never, ever look back! Best of luck and let us know how it goes!!

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Post Suboxone therapy

Please review this post in detail before asking questions about sub therapy.
    Most questions are addressed here.

I first developed the following process during my own personal opiate detox while using subutex. At the time I chose sub therapy I had no advice available that was based on actual experience using the medication. I chose to track my personal results through the process and have since worked with countless people on this forum for years using this system successfully exactly as written here. There have been many success stories since. The following plan works the same for using suboxone, subutex or generic buprenorphine.

I am only sharing my personal experience with what has worked repeatedly on this forum. I am not a doctor and recommend seeking advice from the professional of your choice in all matters that concern you. Drs need to be aware that approximately 15% of all patients taking suboxone react adversely to the naloxone in suboxone and should be placed on subutex rather than suboxone. They will have a much more pleasant experience in this program using subutex.

Sub therapy is rapidly becoming the gold standard for treating opiate addiction. The main problem we see on the forum is the typical sub therapy plan prescribed in the professional medical community is a one-size-fits-all method for treating all patients. Everyone is a little different in reality so it doesn’t work best treating everyone exactly the same way. All too often too much medication is prescribed initially and for far too long of a time resulting in horror stories for many patients. In reality most patients need very little buprenorphine for it to be the most effective.

Patients do best when treated symptomatically. Drs are being advised to prescribe entirely too much medication according to the success we’ve experienced sharing among ourselves. There are always some exceptions as with any medication, but the exceptions are few and far between. When over-medicated, many of these patients under drs’ care show up on this forum addicted (often for years) to a medication they were told would aid them in their efforts to end their opiate dependency.

Please review this post in detail before asking questions about sub therapy. The most commonly asked questions are addressed here for your convenience.

INDUCTION

The induction is one of the most critical parts of sub therapy. If a person is not inducted properly they often experience ongoing physical and emotional problems throughout the entire sub therapy process. The standard method that many sub drs use of administering anywhere from 16mg to as high as 32mg or more during induction consistently proves to NOT be in the patient’s best interest. These doses inevitably lead to a patient with a physical dependency to the very medication that was supposed to help free them from their dependency.

The purpose of the induction is simply to stabilize the patient ending their w/d symptoms. We find this happens most effectively when the patient is inducted in dosing increments where the patient stabilizes at the ”lowest effective dose”. We suggest using an initial 1mg - 2mg dose for those with long term "H" addictions and long term methadone addictions .(Using 1mg or 2mg is determined by the patient’s using history.) For those with a history of using RX pain medications be it in pill form, fentanyl patches, etc I suggest starting the induction with a dose of .5mg and wait for two hours. This allows the patient enough time to ensure they are receiving maximum benefit from the medication prior to taking each additional increment while stabilizing. After the first two hour period we can add another .5mg if needed but we often find that adding .25mg doses every additional 90 minutes or so will allow the patient to stabilize at doses less than 3mg. This has become the average with most everyone we induct using this protocol. We seldom find it necessary to induct ANYONE at more than 6mg, including those with long-term IV abuse histories. Subs are very powerful and effective when used properly. We have people who have inducted at less than 2mg and we are typically successful with inductions totaling 2-4mg. The people who do best historically are those who begin this therapy at the lowest effective dose. This can only be achieved with an induction process administering minimal amounts of medication at each increment.

The induction process should last for a period of 4-5 days. The first day is when the patient is initially stabilized. On the second day the induction dose is split into two equal doses as this will help with making tapering easier later in the process. At the end of either three or four days we find that the dose used to stabilize the patient can be reduced by 25% on the following day and this becomes the lowest effective dose. Doing all of this takes 4-5 days depending on the individual. This is where the patient’s dose remains until they begin to taper down the dose.

Allowing 4-5 days provides ample time to adjust the induction dose as may be required to maintain the stability of the patient. Those patients who don’t stabilize properly have problems throughout their therapy. That is always the case. The amount used to stabilize doesn’t seem to be as important as using the aforementioned process by which the induction is done up to a point as previously mentioned.

It is imperative the patient be in a state of moderately severe to severe w/d at the time of induction. Otherwise it’s likely the patient will experience precipitated w/d. In short they end up deathly sick. This is another primary reason for beginning with the smallest amount of medication initially to make sure the patient will react desirably. The time required to reach severe w/d after stopping different drugs ( pills >> methadone >> street drugs) varies some but the ABSOLUTE best guide is the COWS worksheet which most drs use some form of anyway. COWS (clinical opioid withdrawal scale) Go to https://www.drugs.com/resources/opioi...wal-record.pdf for the worksheet. If you make sure you’re at a 26 or above accumulatively on the worksheet then you will normally do well with induction if the aforementioned dosing procedure is adhered to. The score of 26 on the COWS worksheet is a minimum. This is a non-negotiable factor that not all drs follow hence they administer large doses of medication attempting to cover up the precipitated w/d.

If a patient finds themselves in precipitated w/d, the best thing to do is stop taking the subs immediately and redo the induction as outlined above. Wait until the sickness from precipitated w/d has ended and make sure you have reached the 26 again on the COWS worksheet before taking anything else. DO NOT attempt to take additional subs to cover up the precipitated w/d. You are asking for a hospital stay should you pursue this course of action.

USING SUB TO GET PAST THE OPIATE DETOX

I always suggest some type of support /recovery program for maintaining sobriety. Even those who don’t participate in NA, AA, or Celebrate Recovery usually rely on church, family, or a combination of all the above for a solid system of support. Most of us who have survived our dependency and maintain a reasonable amount of clean time will agree it’s almost impossible to do this on our own and stay clean forever. Staying clean of course is the ultimate goal behind my reasoning for sub use. Subs are just a tool to help us get clean. The people who end up STAYING clean would likely have done it with or without the subs.

I agree with the medical community that a solid recovery program is nearly imperative with sub therapy as once the sub therapy ends you are on your own. Sub is an opiate. That’s why it’s called opiate replacement therapy. So when we stop the subs our long term chances for staying clean are so much increased if we are involved in a quality program of recovery.

It takes only a matter of about a week, a little while longer with methadone, but the point being it only takes a short time and the original opiate detox is basically past. We are no longer in real need of a medication used to get us past the detox. So this is where we begin to taper down.

There are ongoing arguments regarding how long one should remain on sub that are based on our using history. The success we have seen to date shows best results are overwhelmingly on the side of using sub short term. We have started to taper in as little as four days and hardly ever over one week following induction. People are being inducted and tapering down to nothing in a matter of about eight weeks average. There are no horror stories from anyone using sub therapy on our forum who use it the way we have suggested from day one. Some allowances have to be made sometimes for those who come to the forum for help following poor previous guidance on using subs properly or following abuse of subs.

None of this means that some people won’t do well using sub as a maintenance medication. I just don’t personally promote long term sub use. It’s certainly a better option than breaking the law to obtain drugs. But the purpose of this plan is for helping people free themselves from opiate dependency.

TAPERING

I began tapering down until I reached .5mg. (Some people find it necessary to taper down to a little less such as .25mg or less.) It’s quite basic reducing to a very low dose following the Standard Taper Plan that follows. That can be accomplished by a formula. But getting to 0mg can be a little more of a challenge especially for those who come to this forum having been on sub elsewhere for a long time or have experienced some other type of extenuating circumstance.

Standard Taper Plan
    The standard taper I used and promote is that if you will reduce by 25% of the total daily dose and maintain that dose for a period of four full days while experiencing minimal to no w/d symptoms it’s safe to reduce again by another 25% and expect the same results. If you experience any overwhelming w/d symptoms during the four day period you can take a .25 mg sliver (depending on your existing dose) and the w/d symptoms usually dissipate immediately. If you require slivers to remain stable at any level you should start over the next day trying to put four days together again. This allows for the long half life of buprenorphine which can be up to 72 hours for most people.

After I reached .5mg, I began a process of skipping days. I would take a dose one day, then skip one day. Then dose again, and then skip two days. Then dose again, and then skip three days. Then dose again, and then skip four days. After four days clean I was finished. The half life has had time to catch up with itself.

We have found some people, for whatever reason, tend to stress out and suffer anxiety when it comes time to skip days. If that is your experience you can continue the standard 25% taper every four days all the way down to zero in lieu of skipping days if that makes you feel better. Again we are all a little different. The idea is to be successful and the skipping days is not written in stone. That is what worked for me and has worked for most others following this taper plan. But if you need to taper down to nothing instead of skipping days that is certainly a viable and acceptable option.

The reason for sometimes feeling w/d symptoms is the long half life of buprenorphine, the main drug that is in sub and the generic. To be very simple, it can take days before we experience the w/d symptoms from sub. So this is why we wait 4 days to allow for the half life which can easily be up to 72 hours depending on some variables. When we make it 4 days without symptoms we should be fine reducing again.

It’s not uncommon to have some minor side effects from sub as with almost any medication. There can be some depression, sleep problems, anxiety. So we suggest not taking the sub close to bedtime, get some mild to moderate exercise depending on your physical condition, there are things to do that will help lots of things. But stick with the same principles all the way down as far as you are comfortable. We are here to help at that point.

Robert_325
    Idntjudgeu likes this.

10years39days is offline Member

Read that whole post (above), and I’ll add my two cents. I was in a very similar situation to yours just a short while ago ago. I had been on Suboxone for 10 years, long story short, and I had tapered myself down to 2mg a few years ago. Over the past few months, I tapered myself down to .25mg and then I tapered down to .13mg.

The real symptoms started to hit right around the time that I switched to from two .25 doses to just one .25 dose. Then, going from one .25 dose to just one .13 dose was the biggest symptom instigator.

Shortly after I landed on the .13mg dose, I jumped off the Sub entirely. Haven’t drowned yet, but the first few days were just shy of terrible, and they’ve slowly gotten better.

I strongly suggest taking the time to get your taper down to .25mg, on a single dose. That’s an important part. There are other techniques as well, and I’m sure others will share.

My only experience is my own, and I’m 12 days clean. Things are going great, all things considered. The angels/veterans on this website will help you.
    Idntjudgeu likes this.

It’s very important that you don’t jump off at 2mg. Suboxone and Subutex is far longer acting than other opiates. Not saying it’s better or worse...just different.

If you can afford the time to taper down, that’s what I’d suggest. Beef, a fellow on here, jumped at 1mg I think. You should read his thread “Day 11...”. He suffered WD and other symptoms for quite some time. Read his story it’s inspirational.
    Idntjudgeu likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid you're asking the impossible question. No one can predict just what you can expect in the way of symptoms as you lower your dose further. The best anyone can do is provide their own experience and you can draw info from that. Everyone is different. Our metabolism's are different. Fluid intake plays a part in this, as does physical condition, and physical activity. Also very important is how long a person has been on Suboxone, what their highest dose was, and how they are tapering. It's a very difficult task to predict the outcome you're talking about. Sorry.

I've personally helped hundreds of addicts on and off Suboxone. And every person's journey was a little different from the others as was mine. Based on MY experience, and the experience of others it can take between 2-3 days and 2-3 weeks for wd's to last between dose reductions. Reasons are mentioned above. The longer the time on subs the longer the wd's seem to be on average. The shorter the time on subs the shorter the wd's.

In MOST cases it takes a person from 2-3 days to level out after each time they reduce their dose. The system rejects the newer amount, but soon begins to accept that new dose. In YOUR case being on subs for years and taking an enormous 12mgs daily it could easily take you 4-7 days to stabilize between dose reductions. That's NOT a guarantee, it's my best guess based on experience.

Try not to over think the process. It can drive you insane. Read over the plan that Lvg provided for you. It's the Golden standard this forum uses. Literally thousands have used it successfully. Reduce your dose by no more than 25% every 4-7 days. Only reduce if you're stable. The goal is to put together 4 straight days of being stable before reducing. On the 5th day if you're still stable then go ahead and reduce your dose by 25%. IF you're not stable after 4 days on ANY dose then remain on that dose until you are stable with little or no wd symptoms.

If you follow those guidelines you'll be completely off the sub in a timely manner and have the least possible amount of symptoms. Take your sub at the same time(s) everyday. That's important. And taper down to at least .25mg (1/4 of 1mg) daily. Read posts and threads on this forum. You'll be amazed at what you will learn.

Randy
    Idntjudgeu likes this.

Thank you so much! This was pretty much exactly the answer I was looking for! Just sort of a guideline as to what others have experienced! Today is my 4th day taking 1.5 mg after dropping from 2 mg. My skin is still a little creepy- crawly, but nothing horrible. I think my body is definitely stabilizing on this dosage, so you were pretty spot on! I’m hoping tomorrow I will start to feel normal on this dosage, if not tomorrrow I’m pretty confident fhe next day l will feel more normal. Would you say, in your experience, every drop down (if dropping by 25%) was about the same for you specifically? Like if it takes my body about 4-5 days now do you think every drop will be about the same number of days before I stabilize on that dosage? Or do you think it will take longer the smaller the dosage? I’m sure it must be a shock to my system after years of being on a high dose to almost nothing.

Droppinthepoppy is offline Junior Member

Thank you so much! This was pretty much exactly the answer I was looking for! Just sort of a guideline as to what others have experienced! Today is my 4th day taking 1.5 mg after dropping from 2 mg. My skin is still a little creepy- crawly, but nothing horrible. I think my body is definitely stabilizing on this dosage, so you were pretty spot on! I’m hoping tomorrow I will start to feel normal on this dosage, if not tomorrrow I’m pretty confident fhe next day l will feel more normal. Would you say, in your experience, every drop down (if dropping by 25%) was about the same for you specifically? Like if it takes my body about 4-5 days now do you think every drop will be about the same number of days before I stabilize on that dosage? Or do you think it will take longer the smaller the dosage? I’m sure it must be a shock to my system after years of being on a high dose to almost nothing.
    Some people (including me) had a harder time dropping below 1 mg. I just reduced the rate of drop to 20% instead of 25% once I hit 1 mg and I stayed on each dose a little longer (6 days instead of 4 at the higher doses). I just jumped from a high dose and DO NOT recommend it. It was wayyy worse than the time I tapered. Do your best and read Ming’s story about her long taper if you want to see someone who really stuck with it! It gave me a lot of hope and made me stick with it. Sorry I don’t know how to link to her story. Hang in there, I promise you it is worth all the pain to be free and I’m only at Day 54.

Walkley822 is offline Member

Hi idntjudgeu! I’m pretty much in the same boat you are. I’m at 2.1mgs about to jump down to 1.75mgs tomorrow. I originally planned on reducing to 1.4 but decided 1.75 might be better for me. From my experience, it’s taken me about 5-6 days to stabilize at each dose reduction and my third day is almost always the worst. I wish I could go for 4 days but I need longer than that and I have only been on subs for 1.5 months! I guess my body really takes to this drug. My biggest fear of late is which dose to reduce (I dose twice per day) and when to start dosing just once a day. Also, something else I’ve noticed is that after I take my second dose in the evening I almost always get the chills immediately after which seems odd.

This was very informative and very helpful! Thank you so much! Yea it’s too bad that a lot of doctors prescribe an unbelievable amount to their patients. At one point a friend of mine of prescribed three 8mg a day! And I thought my 12 mg a day was a lot. I am definitely going to take your taper schedule into consideration, as my doctor is not being of much help. I don’t think they want to lose me as a patient, honestly. I’m not sure what else it could be. I tell them I am comfortable going down in mg again and they pretty much write me off and say we will go down next month... it’s puzzling. But again thank you for taking the time out to send this!

Thank you! Congrats! I hope we are both free from this soon I’m actually having the same sort of problem you are! When I am going down in having trouble deciding where or how to cut the dose. I know they say you should take it just once a day, but when I tried that I was getting the worst insomnia and restless legs at night. I just can’t imagine having to cut that dose down! So that leaves my morning dose, which is also hard to cut down because it sort of wakes me up and makes me feel a little more normal for the day! I’m sure a lot of it is mental, but it’s definitely harder the smaller the dosages get!

I heard that the smaller dosages can be harder! Thank you for telling me your experience! I will definitely try to find her story! Reading everyone’s experiences have definitely been helping motivate me! I have stabilized from my 2 mg to 1.5 mg drop, but I’m definitely having anxiety about the drop to 1 mg. I’m trying not to psych myself out, but it’s hard

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    Read that whole post (above), and I’ll add my two cents. I was in a very similar situation to yours just a short while ago ago. I had been on Suboxone for 10 years, long story short, and I had tapered myself down to 2mg a few years ago. Over the past few months, I tapered myself down to .25mg and then I tapered down to .13mg.

The real symptoms started to hit right around the time that I switched to from two .25 doses to just one .25 dose. Then, going from one .25 dose to just one .13 dose was the biggest symptom instigator.

Shortly after I landed on the .13mg dose, I jumped off the Sub entirely. Haven’t drowned yet, but the first few days were just shy of terrible, and they’ve slowly gotten better.

I strongly suggest taking the time to get your taper down to .25mg, on a single dose. That’s an important part. There are other techniques as well, and I’m sure others will share.

My only experience is my own, and I’m 12 days clean. Things are going great, all things considered. The angels/veterans on this website will help you.
    Wow, congrats! I can’t wait until I am done. I have a question for you. I’m having a really hard time with the whole taking it once a day part. I have major back issues, which prevents me from getting a good nights sleep some nights even when I was on a high dose of subs, but now it’s even worse. I find that I have to split my dose into two in order to get any sleep at all. The days I have tried to just take it once in the morning, I literally didn’t sleep at all those nights. I know some people say I should take it at night then. And this could very well all be in my head, but I feel like I would feel >>>>ty during the day if I did that... do you think it’s just something my body would have to get used to? Then once it did I wouldn’t withdrawal during the day anymore and would be able to just take it once at night? Or is withdrawling during the next day after taking it at night kind of inevitable? Just wondering your opinion?

Wow, congrats! I can’t wait until I am done. I have a question for you. I’m having a really hard time with the whole taking it once a day part. I have major back issues, which prevents me from getting a good nights sleep some nights even when I was on a high dose of subs, but now it’s even worse. I find that I have to split my dose into two in order to get any sleep at all. The days I have tried to just take it once in the morning, I literally didn’t sleep at all those nights. I know some people say I should take it at night then. And this could very well all be in my head, but I feel like I would feel >>>>ty during the day if I did that... do you think it’s just something my body would have to get used to? Then once it did I wouldn’t withdrawal during the day anymore and would be able to just take it once at night? Or is withdrawling during the next day after taking it at night kind of inevitable? Just wondering your opinion?
    Each time you drop the dose it gets a little bit harder. I'm not going to sugar coat it, but keep in mind that everyone is different. In my opinion, taking the single dose in the morning is the best approach. It allows you to start breaking the habit of "expecting" the next dose. If you know the next dose is not coming, then you kind of have to go about your day regardless. The sooner you can consistently get down to one dose the better.

As for pain, this is a tough subject because...well...its subjective. I was CERTAIN that my back pain would be unbearable once I stopped Suboxone. If I'm being completely honest with myself, I would say that my pain is better than before (now that I've been clean for 16 days).

My pain and other symptoms were at their worst when I dropped to one dose, and also during the first 3 days after making the jump.

If like to say that most of it is in your head, but there's no way to confirm that. Its amazing how much of a slave I was to Suboxone.
    Beefaroni7272 and Randy35 like this.

You’re progress is amazing! I wish I could get down to 1mg as quickly as you have been able to! That’s setiously impressive. So the way I decided to get to one dose instead of 2 was to taper the pm dose down to nothing while leaving my morning dose the same throughout the pm taper (at 1.4mgs). (We’ll see if it actually works ;-) I’ll be honest, my nights are never really that good since I started on this stuff so the way I see it is if my nights are going to be bad regardless of how much I take at night now, I might as well try to eliminate it altogether. I started at 1.4 am and 1.4 pm and now I’m at 1.4 am and .35 pm. My .7mg dose at night wasn’t really doing all that much - or so I thought. My mornings are the worst with terrible stomach issues when I wake up so I wanted to keep that dose at a comfortable and familiar amount when I switch to a single dose. Also, I figured the morning dose needs to be high enough to get me through a full 24 hours. Some of that is mental, but it isn’t just mental. Also, I found that ginger kombucha helps with my stomach issues in the mornings if I drink it in the evening. Just an interesting remedy that works for me that might work for some others out there. I use the lemon ginger health-ade.

How’s your taper going?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10years39days View Post
    Each time you drop the dose it gets a little bit harder. I'm not going to sugar coat it, but keep in mind that everyone is different. In my opinion, taking the single dose in the morning is the best approach. It allows you to start breaking the habit of "expecting" the next dose. If you know the next dose is not coming, then you kind of have to go about your day regardless. The sooner you can consistently get down to one dose the better.

As for pain, this is a tough subject because...well...its subjective. I was CERTAIN that my back pain would be unbearable once I stopped Suboxone. If I'm being completely honest with myself, I would say that my pain is better than before (now that I've been clean for 16 days).

My pain and other symptoms were at their worst when I dropped to one dose, and also during the first 3 days after making the jump.

If like to say that most of it is in your head, but there's no way to confirm that. Its amazing how much of a slave I was to Suboxone.

Perfect advice! Well said 10 years.

Randy