• 1 Post By GoodDaysAhead
  • 1 Post By Lvg nghtmare
  • 1 Post By GoodDaysAhead
  • 1 Post By Lvg nghtmare
  • 1 Post By Lvg nghtmare
Those who made it past a year off Methadone
    GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

Default Those who made it past a year off Methadone

I would appreciate the experiences of those who made it that far, and how you felt after one year without taking any type of opioid or drug. After 10 year on and now 13 months off, I thought I'd beat it. It felt like something changed about 2 weeks ago, where I a change happen and really thought I was out from all of this. The most I had was 4 days in a row, but it's seems to go have come back...but with a vengeance. I think it's been now about a week with these symptoms. I rack my brain thinking of anything I've done different and I really haven't changed anything. I still exercise a lot, am out attempting to deal with life in the same way...just don't get it. The excessive sweating, anxiety, that creepy crawly restlessness, sneezing has increased ten fold and my sleep has reverted back to month 6 where I'm up and restless at an earlier hour. I was having more and more good days in between these ones, but now it's back, but extended and seems more intense.

People always ask what it feels like. The best way to explain it is it's exactly the feeling you get when you are on too low of a dose of opioids, suboxone or methadone and you wake up early with that withdrawal feeling---which usually you go take your dose because you know you won't be able to go back to sleep until you do. I had this a lot when I was on suboxone before. The dose was too low because I was coming from methadone and for months while tapering, I would wake really early with that feeling and as soon as I took even a sliver, it all would stop and I could go back to sleep. I know it can often take well over a year for methadone, but reverting back to worse than a month ago?

Ricky, I think I read you came off methadone? How long have you been off of it, and when did these lingering withdrawal symptoms fully go away where it wasn't a few days where you're okay, then back again? Anyone else who has first hand knowledge of coming off this particular drug...input or advice would be really appreciated.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Bumping up your new thread, maybe someone will give you some advice. You should stick with one thread easier to follow that way.. Stay Strong for Today..

Hey GoodDaysAhead, Sorry no one has replied to you. Not many people coming off Methadone it's definitely a beast one you are slaying...it takes along time to heal our brains and body. Time heals my friend..stay vigilant this too shall pass.. for this addict talking and identifying with other addicts has been sooo crucial in my recovery. My Diease "Addiction" is with me 24 hours a day 7 days a week..being clean today is so much better than the alternative...Stay Strong for Today...
    GoodDaysAhead likes this.

GoodDaysAhead is offline Member

Thx Lvg It did pass...about 4 days after that post. I've been pretty good ever since so can be thankful for that. It just creeps up on you and backhands you hard lol still difficult to get used to. I refuse to give in though, and will never give in to this beast of a wd. Hope all is well Lvg
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hello GoodDaysAhead, Life on Life's terms... glad to hear your doing good. Glad it passed leave it there. Proud of how far and how strong you are my friend.. keep it up it gets better and better each day. Some of us don't get this far.... Stay Strong for Today..

How we doing?

Hey GoodDaysAhead, hope all is going well for you. All that negative stress has lifted from your shoulders.. It's taken me a long time to find that balance and with that inner peace.. just keep moving forward all we have my friend... Stay Strong for Today...

Flying by here to see how your doing my friend... Stay Strong For Today

Yup thanks for the support...
    GoodDaysAhead likes this.

Hello GoodDaysAhead, driving by to see how you are feeling these days.
    Things are going pretty good for Me lately. I have absolutely nothing to complain about ha..wow. that's amazing in itself. Update when you can.

***Live***Love***Laugh***
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***