Tired
    Sophiju is offline New Member

Default Tired

Hi new to forum. I have past experience with Suboxone. It was a miracle drug for me with 15+ years of using off and on. I was able to attend a treatment program which provided a maintenance program which included therapy, groups, and medication. I was on Suboxone for nearly 2 years and remained clean for 5 years after that.
    Obviously slipped up because, here I am. Been taking opioids (Percocet mainly) daily for nearly a year. Relapsed after so much work and time! No scripts, surgeries, nothing. I am an addict I have learned this through the years and have accepted this. I know Suboxone will get me back to where I need to be. My question is, I have 2 subs one, which I broke down and used yesterday and today. Tomorrow, I will use the 2nd and hopefully make last 2 days as well. I feel fine, no w/d at this point. However, getting nervous already for the dreaded symptoms to begin. Question is can a person avoid opioid withdrawal with a small amount of subs and little time?? I don't want to go back to the pills. I knew better, and this time around, lost so much more.
    Just want this over again.
    Thanks for the time and any advice, responses would be much appreciated!!
    Thank you

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiju View Post
    Hi new to forum. I have past experience with Suboxone. It was a miracle drug for me with 15+ years of using off and on. I was able to attend a treatment program which provided a maintenance program which included therapy, groups, and medication. I was on Suboxone for nearly 2 years and remained clean for 5 years after that.
    Obviously slipped up because, here I am. Been taking opioids (Percocet mainly) daily for nearly a year. Relapsed after so much work and time! No scripts, surgeries, nothing. I am an addict I have learned this through the years and have accepted this. I know Suboxone will get me back to where I need to be. My question is, I have 2 subs one, which I broke down and used yesterday and today. Tomorrow, I will use the 2nd and hopefully make last 2 days as well. I feel fine, no w/d at this point. However, getting nervous already for the dreaded symptoms to begin. Question is can a person avoid opioid withdrawal with a small amount of subs and little time?? I don't want to go back to the pills. I knew better, and this time around, lost so much more.
    Just want this over again.
    Thanks for the time and any advice, responses would be much appreciated!!
    Thank you

Sorry about your relapse, it happens to many of us! The important thing is that you are ready to get clean again!
    To answer your question, no, you will not be able to avoid withdrawal symptoms with just a few subs! What the subs are doing is just masking the percocet withdrawals right now, once you stop taking the sub you'll will go through the full withdrawal process! By taking the small amount of sub you have you are just prolonging the detox!

You have two options, 1st option is to quit all the opiates cold turkey or the 2nd option which would be to obtain enough subs to do a "PROPER" suboxone therapy/taper plan?

Here is a link to Robert's suboxone therapy/taper plan - https://forum.drugs.com/suboxone-tre...apy-66109.html

This plan has been used by thousands with great success! If you follow the plan exactly as outlined you can be the next success story?

Subs are not intended to be used on a "as needed basis", they need to be used properly in a very structured manner as Robert's plan explains! If you use subs the wrong way they can hurt you more than they can help you!

Those are your two options, what are you going to do? I'm wishing you the best of luck! God bless us all!

Sophiju is offline New Member

Ugh..not what I wanted to hear although what I expected. I took my last piece of sub probably 8 hours ago so hopefully I can rest/sleep tonight. Unfortunately I do not have access to more Suboxone as around here, there are now long waiting lists to enroll in these programs. And, I'm not sure I want to go that route again. Just looking for a quick fix. I really don't want to go through what is coming and I am afraid. I've seen a few people mention something called the Thomas recipe??
    When I got clean the first time, I told all my Drs, hospital's, etc. That I am an addict so I can get nothing to help ease this week to come. (This was intentional, kicking myself for opening my mouth to every Dr. Out there!!). Actually I think my mind tells me I feel worse than I do. Don't get me wrong, it's the worse physical sickness I've experienced. Ugh.. don't want to go through this and now that I know it's coming I could just cry!!

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiju View Post
    Ugh..not what I wanted to hear although what I expected. I took my last piece of sub probably 8 hours ago so hopefully I can rest/sleep tonight. Unfortunately I do not have access to more Suboxone as around here, there are now long waiting lists to enroll in these programs. And, I'm not sure I want to go that route again. Just looking for a quick fix. I really don't want to go through what is coming and I am afraid. I've seen a few people mention something called the Thomas recipe??
    When I got clean the first time, I told all my Drs, hospital's, etc. That I am an addict so I can get nothing to help ease this week to come. (This was intentional, kicking myself for opening my mouth to every Dr. Out there!!). Actually I think my mind tells me I feel worse than I do. Don't get me wrong, it's the worse physical sickness I've experienced. Ugh.. don't want to go through this and now that I know it's coming I could just cry!!

I am personally tapering off of oxy at the moment which mind you is very difficult! I've already had a few slip-ups but I quit oxy two years ago by tapering so I know I can do it again although I'm finding it much harder this time around! Is tapering a possibility/option for you?

The Thomas recipe can help ease some symptoms of opiate withdrawal, here's a direct link to the recipe - https://forum.drugs.com/featured-con...ent-35169.html

The recipe does recommend using a benzo for the first 4-5 days of your detox. Just a warning, benzos are very addictive so it would be best to leave those out of the recipe unless, of course, you are already prescribed them?

And you're correct, your mind can make things worse than they really are! Try to keep reminding yourself that the withdrawal symptoms are only temporary! The worst of the symptoms should subside by day five or so?

Drink lots of water and Gatorade. Eat as healthy as possible. Avoid caffeine, sugar and obviously alcohol especially during the early stages of detox!

DLPA is another amino acid that may be helpful during opiate withdrawal? Amino acids need to be taken on an empty stomach at least a half hour before a meal.

I'm sure others will be by soon to offer their advice and support as well so check back often?

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing? Take care... God bless us all!