Results 1 to 9 of 9
Tizanadine
  1. #1
    Bethany_b is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default Tizanadine

    I've been taking this 8 yrs. I started having really bad stuff happen if I miss a dose (severe vomiting, high bp)
    My neurologist retired. My new one obviously did 0 research on this med. I said I need to get off of it.
    His answer was half a dose for 3 days, then 1 dose every 8 hours for 3 days then stop cold turkey.
    I had a mini stroke on this. And he says 3 days then this stop garbage.
    I could die stopping it like that. I emailed my primary care doc, explained everything. Her answer was "ween" (a doctor that can't spell wean, let alone at what suggested dosage)off it slowly. Thats it. Its like doctors don't care at all.
    I don't know what to do. I was prescribed this when I was diagnosed
    with multiple sclerosis. Now my good neurologist is retired, I keep getting these guys who just seem to
    want the money for the visit. If you die, oh well?
    I need off of this and it seems like no one
    gives a s**t.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-21-2018 at 09:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany_b View Post
    I've been taking this 8 yrs. I started having really bad stuff happen if I miss a dose (severe vomiting, high bp)
    My neurologist retired. My new one obviously did 0 research on this med. I said I need to get off of it.
    His answer was half a dose for 3 days, then 1 dose every 8 hours for 3 days then stop cold turkey.
    I had a mini stroke on this. And he says 3 days then this stop garbage.
    I could die stopping it like that. I emailed my primary care doc, explained everything. Her answer was "ween" (a doctor that can't spell wean, let alone at what suggested dosage)off it slowly. Thats it. Its like doctors don't care at all.
    I don't know what to do. I was prescribed this when I was diagnosed
    with multiple sclerosis. Now my good neurologist is retired, I keep getting these guys who just seem to
    want the money for the visit. If you die, oh well?
    I need off of this and it seems like no one
    gives a s**t.
    Exactly how much do you take per day and how often? Do you you have a steady supply of this medication so you can do a proper taper? Update when you can?

  3. #3
    Bethany_b is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I take 1 4mg tablet every 3 hours. If I miss a dose
    I end up puking for hours. Or my bp skyrockets or both which really feels awful.

    I had a primary care doc before I tried talking to about
    it but she just said ask your nuero. One new nuero I had, I tried talking to him, his reply was
    talk to your primary care doc. Its like none of them want
    to help at all. Guess that Hippocratic oath is more like a hypocrite oath.
    My husband found a rehab online that said tizanadine is one of the most
    addictive medications. I don't know if my insurance would cover a rehab.
    All I know is I'm begging these docs/neuros for help
    and I get is talk to...primary says nuero, neuro says talk to primary
    and none are helping.

  4. #4
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany_b View Post
    I take 1 4mg tablet every 3 hours. If I miss a dose
    I end up puking for hours. Or my bp skyrockets or both which really feels awful.

    I had a primary care doc before I tried talking to about
    it but she just said ask your nuero. One new nuero I had, I tried talking to him, his reply was
    talk to your primary care doc. Its like none of them want
    to help at all. Guess that Hippocratic oath is more like a hypocrite oath.
    My husband found a rehab online that said tizanadine is one of the most
    addictive medications. I don't know if my insurance would cover a rehab.
    All I know is I'm begging these docs/neuros for help
    and I get is talk to...primary says nuero, neuro says talk to primary
    and none are helping.

    How many tablets total are you taking per day? I know you already said every three hours?

    I may be able to help you as long as you have enough tizanadine to do a proper taper? Can you continue to get refills?

  5. #5
    Bethany_b is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    9 total a day, more if I end up throwing
    up after taking one.
    Hopefully my new neuro will fill it. I checked and I have 1 refill left.
    I don't trust mr.3 days then cold turkey to fill it.
    Right now my trust in doctors is shot.
    After I just recently asked my primary to please help me and
    got the ween comment, my trust is blown. She didn't suggest what dosage
    I should "ween' to or even act concerned.
    I was put in the hospital for 4 days, getting given a myriad of bp meds,
    none worked. If a doctor had looked at my meds (told them all I was taking when i was admitted)
    they would have seen tizanadine was causing this.
    I took one while in there and the doc said oh take that, its lowering your bp
    The only reason it lowered was my husband gave me 1, I had been getting none
    from the staff the 4 days I was there , thats also when I had a mini TIA, from not
    getting any tizanadine while in the hospital. Thats why I am angry all my new neurologist suggested
    was the 3 days half does, then the 3 days of one every 8 hours for 3 days then go cold turkey.
    It made me feel so unlistened to by the guy who gave me this message from dr.jonas.
    I said that's dangerous. Its too fast, I could have a major stroke and die.
    His reply was well just keep taking it i guess (not let me tell the doc what you said)
    So, yeah...I feel like no one gives a >>>>.
    I'm sorry, I'm stressed and angry. I want off this medication SAFELY.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-22-2018 at 04:14 AM.

  6. #6
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany_b View Post
    9 total a day, more if I end up throwing
    up after taking one.
    Hopefully my new neuro will fill it. I checked and I have 1 refill left.
    I don't trust mr.3 days then cold turkey to fill it.
    Right now my trust in doctors is shot.
    After I just recently asked my primary to please help me and
    got the ween comment, my trust is blown. She didn't suggest what dosage
    I should "ween' to or even act concerned.
    I was put in the hospital for 4 days, getting given a myriad of bp meds,
    none worked. If a doctor had looked at my meds (told them all I was taking when i was admitted)
    they would have seen tizanadine was causing this.
    I took one while in there and the doc said oh take that, its lowering your bp
    The only reason it lowered was my husband gave me 1, I had been getting none
    from the staff the 4 days I was there , thats also when I had a mini TIA, from not
    getting any tizanadine while in the hospital. Thats why I am angry all my new neurologist suggested
    was the 3 days half does, then the 3 days of one every 8 hours for 3 days then go cold turkey.
    It made me feel so unlistened to by the guy who gave me this message from dr.jonas.
    I said that's dangerous. Its too fast, I could have a major stroke and die.
    His reply was well just keep taking it i guess (not let me tell the doc what you said)
    So, yeah...I feel like no one gives a >>>>.
    I'm sorry, I'm stressed and angry. I want off this medication SAFELY.
    OK, as long as you can keep getting your scripts filled then you safely get off of it! Please read the following thread - https://forum.drugs.com/prescription...dol-75018.html

    The info for tapering is for xanax but will work just the same for tizanadine! It's a very slow process but it is very important to take it slow so you can minimize or even eliminate any withdrawal symptoms! If you follow the instructions regarding the "shaving method" then you can get off the tizanadine safely and effectively? Take the time to study the info on the "shaving method" and then let me know if you have any questions and/or concerns? Take care... God bless us all!

  7. #7
    Bethany_b is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thank you so much. (hug)

  8. #8
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany_b View Post
    Thank you so much. (hug)

    Bethany, you're welcome. Just make sure you find the right website when you do the Google search? It might not be the first site to pop up? You very well may be able to taper quite a bit faster than what's shown for the xanax taper? The only thing that I would do different than what that website says is I would sand down every dose the same amount and stay on that amount for 5-7 days then for the next 5-7 days sand a bit more than the previous week, rinse and repeat every 5-7 days until you are off your medication? Speed up or slow down as you see fit, listen to your body because it will let you know what to do? Best of luck to you! You can do this so stay positive! Please keep your thread updated throughout your taper? Take care... God bless us all!

  9. #9
    Bethany_b is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Ok. God bless and have a good Thanksgiving

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22