Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Sumtin2hope4
  • 1 Post By Thisweekforsure
  • 2 Post By Sumtin2hope4
  • 1 Post By Sumtin2hope4
Too good to be true?
    Sumtin2hope4 is offline Member

Default Too good to be true?

Hi, I'm on day 5 and I feel pretty good considering where I have been the past four days! I'm just wondering if it's too good to be true? I know I'm not completely out of the woods but will I feel even better tomorrow? Any words would be great!

Thanks!
    Rembrandt208 likes this.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Day 5 for me (by the evening) felt wonderful. Yes in a way it is too good to be true because after day 5 you don't really become "normal" again, but suffer low energy, weakness, mild depression for a while yet (several weeks or a few months). It gets draggy and blah and it's hard to want to do anything. That's when they say the real fight begins. Withdrawal is all the physical symptoms but after you recover from that it's mental, almost like you need will power to stay away. You might have cravings and here is the danger zone when people relapse. If you are an addict this is the time to start attending meetings and gather as much support for yourself as you can.
    Rembrandt208 likes this.

Ok gotcha! That totally makes sense! I'm just super happy to know that I will never have to feel this >>>>ty again! I will definitely be hitting up the meetings! I Have never done this wd thing, I was always too afraid, but now that I have made it this far I will never be in this hell again!! Im gonna kick this s???!!

Cheve11e is offline Junior Member

You and I are on the same day, I felt pretty fair this morning and into the afternoon but I'm feeling less "Good" as the evening goes on.
    By far much better than recent past though, enough to give hope!
    I hear this is normal for a few weeks?
    Oh well, I'm just hoping for some sleep tonight.

Ok that was a rough night for me! I did finally end up getting like 2 hrs of sleep.. But I'm exhausted, cranky, and feel very upset today... I'm supposed to go to that wedding today, and oh my god I can't even imagine going right now! I'm so torn, if it was 31/2 hrs away I probably would go just for the wedding and skip the reception.. I feel like my family is starting to lose patience with me as well... They can't understand how I could still feel this way on day 6! They have no idea what this hell is like and quite frankly I hope they never have to go through this, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

How is everybody else doing today? I hope you are all feeling well today!
    CALEE 1205 likes this.

TriedandTired is offline Member

Cold turkey or did u taper down off subutex