Tramadol addiction
    Loriannabella is offline Junior Member

Default Tramadol addiction

I am currently taking 30-40 50 mg tramadol per day... I'm hoping suboxone could help but I'm still sick any advice ? I've posted before but no one commented - please help

MichaelaC is offline New Member

HI Lori,
    hold on. Did you say 30 to 40?
    I am taking 1 to 2 50mg a day and when I run out or try not to take them I feel like I am dying. Do you ever not take for a day?

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-21-2015 at 03:19 PM.

justbeingme is offline Member

I took them for a while after surgery on my ankle. Unless I took them with something else like morphine or gaboapentine(spelling?) They did nothing for me. Actually not even worth the trip to the pharmacy. Was better of taking Nyquil and a couple of Advil PM's to get some sleep. So strange how different things affect different people but either way I would not want to be addicted to anything and fortunately I am that kind of person who can take them and then just stop when they're gone.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loriannabella View Post
    I am currently taking 30-40 50 mg tramadol per day... I'm hoping suboxone could help but I'm still sick any advice ? I've posted before but no one commented - please help

I just checked your other thrread and you had several repsonses. Did you take a look back at it recently? It's best for everyone oif you stick to just 1 thread. It gets confusing going back and forth between threads reading and posting on both places. You'll actually have more rsponses on the other thread in that Need to Talk forum. I'd go back there.

I'll post here as long as I'm on. Please don't stop the trams abruptly. the risk of having a seizure is very real. I had one and I know many others have also. Tramadol need to be tapered very, very slowly all the way down as low in dose as possible.

YOu could go to subs, but you won't have to if you follow a taper plan and get the tram dose low. Up top you of course. I'd just go with a real slow taper and be finsihed with it.

Should you choose the subs I can help with that too. But you don't want to be taking subs and tramadol in the same 24 hours. You'll eventually be very sick. Taper that tramadol down by maybe 1/4 of a 50mg pill every 4-5 days until you get down real low. Can you cut one of those 50 mg pills in quarters? Use a single edge razor blade and being careful you can do it I'm sure.

That's what I would do anyway. Good luck and keep posting.

-Randy

Hey Randy,
    did you mean my other thread?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelaC View Post
    Hey Randy,
    did you mean my other thread?

No, Loriannabella started 2 threads in different sections for the same purpose. It's lots easier if just 1 thread is going for the same purpose.
    -Randy

Oh sorry. I did a different thread a while ago about Tramadol but can't find it.

Loriannabella is offline Junior Member

Randy I can't figure out how to delete this