Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sadar17
  • 1 Post By Leonidaslost
Tramadol withdrawal Day 2
    sadar17 is offline New Member

Default Tramadol withdrawal Day 2

I took my last 2 Tramadol Saturday night and it is now Monday afternoon. So far the withdrawals haven't been too bad: some agitation and lower back pain. I visited the Dr. This morning and was given some Lidocaine patches and some muscle relaxers (robaxin). I took one around noon and it is making my back feel a little better. How long should the back pain last? My dr. Did say that my back was in spasm and that my muscles were tight. Am I just getting away easy or is it going to hit me tomorrow hardcore?
    Kaseydee likes this.

Update from day 3: I slept terrible last night. I couldn't find a comfortable position and I was sweating like crazy. Today I feel pretty good-clear headed, plenty of energy (not as much as when I was on the pills but still a lot). My back feels a ton better-I did take a Flexeril at eleven this morning to help me relax. I go back to work tomorrow and I hope I can sleep tonight. I plan on taking one of my Xanax before bed tonight to help me sleep well. I'm excited to get back into my routine and get back to work. I do feel like I missed most of the terrible withdrawals I had read about. Sunday was honestly the worst day-I was exhausted and had no energy but other that none of my symptoms have been terrible. The back pain has been the worst part, but I feel like it's getting better every day. February is a busy month for me so I'm happy that I'll be busy and distracted from any of the mental stuff. I haven't really had any cravings at all-does this mean I wasn't really addicted?

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Glad you are doing well!!! The trams are no fun drug to come off ofand sounds like you have conquered it!! Congrats!! Stay strong and good luck getting back into the routine of work.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sadar17 View Post
    I haven't really had any cravings at all-does this mean I wasn't really addicted?
    It depends on how much you were taking and how long. Tramadol is tricky because of the SSRI effects. You may feel more prolonged effects which are not classic opiate withdrawals (which are over with in about 5 days) but may be more subtle. Trouble sleeping is one example. Stick with it and don't go back to the tramadol but be very careful about using Xanax, you don't want to get hooked on that. The muscle relaxer at bedtime might help. Check out natural sleep aids. If you have never tried chiropractic, might want to try that if your back pain returns.

Default Day 4

Update from day 4: I'm actually feeling pretty good today. I slept a full 8.5 hours last night. The back pain is almost gone. I have been having some stomach issues today, but they aren't bad. I was so worried about this withdrawal and it hasn"t been as bad as I expected. I feel almost normal today. I do feel a bit restless and bored-probably because I used the pills for happiness and to fill the void when I was bored. I've barely even thought about the pills. I will keep updating just because I like to have a record of what happened.

Sundwn is offline Member

Default I'm curios

Quote Originally Posted by sadar17 View Post
    Update from day 4: I'm actually feeling pretty good today. I slept a full 8.5 hours last night. The back pain is almost gone. I have been having some stomach issues today, but they aren't bad. I was so worried about this withdrawal and it hasn"t been as bad as I expected. I feel almost normal today. I do feel a bit restless and bored-probably because I used the pills for happiness and to fill the void when I was bored. I've barely even thought about the pills. I will keep updating just because I like to have a record of what happened.
    I have gone through opiate withdrawels 3 times. ( narco, oxychodone ) .....never again. I have back issues. Spinal clinic, shots, etc. I told my doctor no more opiates. I was put on Tramadol Janurary 3rd of this year. I take 2-50 mill pills in morning and 2 ( sometimes ) in evening. The relief has been wonderful . So thrilled to not be on opiates......but now, I'm hearing horrible things about Tramodol. There's no high that I detect. Just relief. I hate to hear that thus stuff is not so good. My doctor recommended this as a great alternative..........will someone chime in and fill me in on...am I taking a lot and why I should run from this?......... I trust this site when it comes to this kind of thing more than a dr,s opinion......thank you......sundwn

Leonidaslost is offline New Member

This post is a wee bit long but as a Tramadol addict I reccommend it for people like me who could see no way of giving up this drug. I have been on Tramadol for at least 15 years. I suffer a chronic neck injury and the prescribed dose was always 200mg per day - 2 x 50mg morning and 2 x 50mg night. Over the years I started to take more primarliy because it made me feel better and also sometimes because of work pressures I like to be stoned in the evening! I much prefer this feeling to being drunk and I hardly drink alcohol at all. My drugs as initially prescribed, were provided free by the health service here in the UK but I obviously had to buy more online to feed the habit because the doctor was not going to assist me.
    Even before the drug was made a Class A drug in the UK and therefore unavailable online I knew I had to come off it. I am sure all of you will be familiar with the feeling of fear when you realise you do not have enough until more are available. I have had the full 9 yards of withdrawal symptoms during this period and I can't tell you anything new there. Note also I am a man with little will power so when I went to my doctor seeking a solution I was terrified. Note also that I still required pain relief for my neck injury.
    I could not take weekly step-down amounts of 10% because I was so sensitive to the drug due to the amount of time I had been on it. I agreed the following with the doctor:-
    Move from the standard capsule to the slow release type
    In addition he prescribed Tramacet (75% Tramadol and 25% something else like paracetamol) to help me gradually reduce my intake
    I had to see him every month and provide a true record of how much I had taken since my last visit. The slightest feeling of a "high" was to be avoided.
    It has taken me 18 months to come off Tramadol and I am now taking Lyrica / Pregabalin to treat neck pain. This acts in a different way and can't be abused.
    There is no doubt, in my opinion, Tramadol was mis-sold to the Healthcare Industry and to all of us. The makers would have known in the various tests it had to complete that Tramadol acted on the same neuro Transmitters in the brain as opium. Even though it is a synthetic the results should have been obvious.
    So if I can get off this drug and I am not yet quite off it, I assure you anybody can.
    Anyway the main reason for writing this is that I found I needed a means of making tiny, tiny reductions in Tramadol over a long period. I made an Excel spreadsheet which takes account of Tramadol and Tramacet. It takes account of the half-life of Tramadol and provides my average use over 3 days and 5 days. This is important to me since a single days reduction can be seen in the contect of 3 and 5 days. An overlarge reduction in day one could hit me on day three as withdrawal. As far as I was concerned a 1mg reduction was just fine as long as it was going down. Only when I was comfortable after 5 days did I reduce further. I am happy to provide the Excel file if people request it.
    Honestely don't despair! REALLY, I am a wus with no willpower and providing you make tiny reductions over a prolonged period you will not suffer withdrawal.
    Love
    Peter

Leonidaslost is offline New Member

This post is a wee bit long but as a Tramadol addict I reccommend it for people like me who could see no way of giving up this drug. I have been on Tramadol for at least 15 years. I suffer a chronic neck injury and the prescribed dose was always 200mg per day - 2 x 50mg morning and 2 x 50mg night. Over the years I started to take more primarliy because it made me feel better and also sometimes because of work pressures I like to be stoned in the evening! I much prefer this feeling to being drunk and I hardly drink alcohol at all. My drugs as initially prescribed, were provided free by the health service here in the UK but I obviously had to buy more online to feed the habit because the doctor was not going to assist me.

Even before the drug was made a Class A drug in the UK and therefore unavailable online I knew I had to come off it. I am sure all of you will be familiar with the feeling of fear when you realise you do not have enough until more are available. I have had the full 9 yards of withdrawal symptoms during this period and I can't tell you anything new there. Note also I am a man with little will power so when I went to my doctor seeking a solution I was terrified. Note also that I still required pain relief for my neck injury.
    I could not take weekly step-down amounts of 10% because I was so sensitive to the drug due to the amount of time I had been on it. I agreed the following with the doctor:-

Move from the standard capsule to the slow release type

In addition he prescribed Tramacet (75% Tramadol and 25% something else like paracetamol) to help me gradually reduce my intake

I had to see him every month and provide a true record of how much I had taken since my last visit. The slightest feeling of a "high" was to be avoided.

It has taken me 18 months to come off Tramadol and I am now taking Lyrica / Pregabalin to treat neck pain. This acts in a different way and can't be abused.

There is no doubt, in my opinion, Tramadol was mis-sold to the Healthcare Industry and to all of us. The makers would have known in the various tests it had to complete that Tramadol acted on the same neuro Transmitters in the brain as opium. Even though it is a synthetic the results should have been obvious.

So if I can get off this drug anybody can. I am tramadol free for 6 days in September 2015 with no withdrawal symptoms.

Anyway the main reason for writing this is that I found I needed a means of making tiny, tiny reductions in Tramadol over a long period. I made an Excel spreadsheet which takes account of Tramadol and Tramacet. It takes account of the half-life of Tramadol and provides my average use over 3 days and 5 days. This is important to me since a single days reduction can be seen in the contect of 3 and 5 days. An overlarge reduction in day one could hit me on day three as withdrawal. As far as I was concerned a 1mg reduction was just fine as long as it was going down. Only when I was comfortable after 5 days did I reduce further. I am happy to provide the Excel file if people request it.

Honestely don't despair! REALLY, I am a wus with no willpower and providing you make tiny reductions over a prolonged period you will not suffer withdrawal.
    Love
    Peter
    Pixiepoxie likes this.