Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin1960
Trazodone tapering advice?
    briards is offline New Member

Default Trazodone tapering advice?

i take 150mg Trazodone nightly for insomnia. After many years it has stopped working. My research shows that some people have no trouble stopping it and others do. I am tapering off 20mg of Valium (Ashton Method) and would like to know how to taper off the Trazodone. Doc says I can just stop taking it, but I have read too many horror stories to follow that advice. Also, would love to hear from anyone who stopped taking it and had no symptoms. Thank you. Briards

Kevin1960 is offline New Member

Hi. I was on 3 150mg tablets of Trazodone nightly for 3 years. Sounds like a lot - but lower doses did nothing. I got sick of feeling groggy every morning, so I stopped it with no taper. I has zero withdrawal symptoms. BUT since you're already tapering from benzodiazepines, I would wait until you are finished to consider stopping Trazodone. It will help you sleep during the benzo taper. Just suggesting
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Briards
    Welcome! If it were me, i'd follow Kevin's advice & taper off the benzos first before the trazodone. One step at a time. Don't want to to overwhelm yourself. Keep your doctor in the loop re your valium taper. Post when u like...