Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By iloerose
Treating Hydrocodone addiction with Cymbalta/Klonopin
    serpico127 is offline New Member

Default Treating Hydrocodone addiction with Cymbalta/Klonopin

I was wodering if anyone else has used Cymbalta to help withdrawl from opiates? I am like most of you on here and was Rx 10/650's for back pain and eventually became addicted. I usually kept it to 60mgs of hydrocodone/day. This went on for the better part of two years. I suggested Cymbalta to my Dr. and he agreed. While I was still Rx the hydro's they became less powerful as the Cymbalta took over. You can feel the hydo's a little but not the "high". I ran out of hydro's and the withdrawl was alot less physical than I had experienced before. Day two was mentally tough but I have a Rx for Klonopin and took those and it really helped. Cymbalta is prescribed for general anxiety disorder and for neuromuscular pain. Klonopin is kind of like Xanax I guess. It doesn't last but about an hour or two. It's not addictive at least for me. So, Im over the physical withdrawl but I don't know how long the mental addiction lasts because I still find myself thinking about the pain pills. I pray that everyone of us on here has a good day and makes progress fighting our battles. I will try my best.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Klonipin is highly addictive. Do not stay on it. If you are over the physical w/d you do not need it. Benzo's are a bear to come off of. You may not even realize it and then you find yourself addicted to a benzo. I don't know about coming off of Cymbalta. However, you did not need either one (except maybe the k-pin for a few days) to come off of a hydrocodone addiction of 60mg. The dangerous thing you are doing is substituting another pill in place of your drug of choice and that is addictive behavior. Addicts get it in their head that they have to have "something". That is mental. If you are an addict the mental part lasts your entire life. You cannot ever let your guard down. Although for most after a few months, the cravings lesson. However the most successful recoveries also combine NA, AA, CR. You don't need another pill to replace the hydro. You need to learn how to cope without it.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Kikker likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You do whatever you need to Serpico, but never go on another's page and claim that Klonipin is not addicting. It is in the benzodiazapine family and HIGHLY addictive, particularly when used for long periods of time. You do not even want to contemplate w/d from a benzo, it makes opiate w/d look like a farce.
    Kikker likes this.