Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Trying this again..
    Questions11 is offline Member

Default Trying this again..

I have been taking 30-45mg of percocet a day for a little over a year now. In the beginning there were times I stopped for weeks at a time and was totally fine. I have 2 1/2 15mg percocet left and I don't want to get anymore when these are gone. Im so done with keeping up with and hiding this habit. I'm having trouble gaining the courage to stop. I tried in December but didn't go through with it and want too now. Can anyone give me advice on wether I should take immodium or anything else to help ease symptoms? The stomach pain/naseaus/diarrhea is always what gets me the most and makes me want to avoide it at all costs! I have to work, so I'm thinking of stopping thursday and dealing with Friday at work and then going into the weekend.. But anything that anyone has to say would make me feel so much better and more confident about the situation.

Thanks,
    C

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Best decision you'll ever make! Get your life back from the BEAST! You can do it, if you really WANT IT bad enough. It's going to be a battle, actually more like a war between the drugs and your mental capacity. If you prove to the drugs you won't give in no matter how bad the symptoms get they'll soon realize they are up against a warrior that's truly wants to be clean and free.

Around a week of symptoms with days 3-4 usually the worst of it. Not too bad to get your life back. Right?

Use the Thomas Recipe. It suggests using a benzo and I would personally forget that part. Benzo's are highly addictive even if used correctly. If you do decide it's best for you I would take it for no more than a couple days, if that. They just scare me to death. Here's the link to the recipe -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

Many have used it here and say it really helps. Cut off ALL access to getting pills. Inform friends/dealers you're finished buying and to NEVER bother or call/text you again. Delete all numbers and contact info. Change your phone number if you have to. Need to get serious as this is a very serious disease. Life and death actually.

Exercise is key to feeling better as it gets your natural endorphins moving faster which provides energy and makes you feel better. Plenty of fluids to stay hydrated and it helps flush the toxins out quicker. Drink all the water you can hold everyday. Get out of the house and stay moving/busy. Just walking does so much. Eat lots of protein and that will heal you faster also. Music can be a great help too. Play your fav tunes as often as possible. Sitting around watching the clock is not advised as the minutes seem like hours. Force yourself to do something, anything.

Hope this helps. Keep posting because that helps too! Take care get this ball rolling. Flush all pills you have and NEVER get another one. You NEVER have to use again. Life is SO much better on the clean side. You only have to do this one time if you do it right! Promise!

-Randy
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Randy,

Thank you so much for getting back to me! All of that was so helpful and really made me feel like I could do this. I appreciate it more than you know, and especially knowing that you and other people will be here to talk with me as I post if I just need that person to talk to.

I looked at the thomas recipe and I agree with you and not using the benzo, im going to cut that part out. Have you used anything for restless leg or the Imodium for stomach pain and diarrhea? I want to grab those things for myself tomorrow and have it all ready to go for when I start feeling the symptoms.

I know I can do it and I want too so badly, I need to stop it before it gets worse because I know it will. I'm just being a baby and am scared of that time when I will be feeling like >>>>, but I know it's such a short period of time in the big picture.

Any other advice helps! Im trying to mentally prepare myself and start getting myself ready for this to end.

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted!
    Randy35 likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there questions..
    I agree with Randy ..
    Get off while it is totally doable..

Hylands Restless leg OTC is what many of us have used..
    Imodium helps because it is an opiate but does not cross the blood brain barrier..
    So no high but some relief from other symptoms..
    The liquid works better..
    The most important thing is get moving exercise and drinking plenty of water .. Gatorade..

Even if it is just walking around the block or even the couch..
    Moving will help get your own Endorphins going again..

Your cells need to stay hydrated or you'll get a headache
    Low blood pressure..
    It just complicates the withdrawals..

You can do this..
    Many have gone before you..
    They will be here to cheer you on..
    Please keep posting and you will be an inspiration to others ..

Take care
    Iluv2
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-06-2015 at 08:55 PM.
    Randy35 likes this.

Hey Questions - As Bette mentioned the liquid immodium seemed to work much better than the pill form did. I tried the pils first with little results. My pharmicist suggested the liquid and that made a world of difference, for ME anyway.

For RLS there is the Hylands that Bette also mentioned. Some say that eating some bananas and getting potassium in your system will help. Also magnesium has been suggested several times here for RLS. I was trying to get OFF pills and all addictive substances so I was really hesitant about taking anything in the form of pills for that purpose. I did take a few clonidine (NOT klonopin) which is a blood pressure med that doctors will prescribe off-label for withdrawal symptoms. That really does help! It may also help a little with RLS, but I'm not positive of that.

I can tell you with 100% certainity that in MY opinion the very BEST thing you can do to combat the RLS is to literally wear your legs out before bedtime. Make them so TIRED they have to "sleep" themselves! Lol. It really WORKS! I either jogged outside weather permitting, or walked/ran on my treadmill right before going to sleep. I got my legs so worked up and tired I actually noticed very little RLS after doing that. Might not do anything for you or anyone else, but for me that method was priceless! Give it a try!

You bet this will be a MENTAL battle, I mentioned that in my first post. It is for everyone. Those that make it to the other side WANT IT more than anything else in the world. That's what it takes to be successful. You sound plenty strong enough. You CAN do this. Make your mind up that no matter how rough any symptoms get you'll NEVER give in and take another pill. Make that promise to yourself.

It's so worth it!!!

-Randy

Randy and Iluv2,

Thank you so much for all of your support and the confidence you've given me. I got both things you've recommended and today I took the last of what I had, because I had spread it out in small small pieces (mostly out of fear) instead of just getting rid of it.

I did tell my dealer I was done and not to contact me, so tomorrow will really be my first day and I know I will be on here looking for support and encouragement depending on how I feel.

Thank you again for everything, and I will be posting as I go through this week. Unfortunately I have to work, but im going to have to suck it up and maybe it will almost help keeping myself busy.

Thanks again and wish me luck.

C
    Randy35 likes this.

Hi guys,

I'm on day one and feeling kind of lousy, it's just pain in my lower back.. Just annoying more than I pain I can't deal with. Also cold and chill like.. Not completely sure if the sniffles and cold is from my office or part of this.

Thankfully im almost done with work, it's been harder to get through this day as it went on. Hoping that when I get home and I can warm up, maybe use a heating pad for my back and get some sleep tonight.

Any encouragement helps- thanks.

Day 1 is AWESOME! You're on your way! You can do this. You certainly want it bad enough and that's what it takes to be successful. Stay as busy as you possibly can all day. Force yourself to take a walk or anything instead of sitting or laying around all day. You need to get your endorphins working again, and a little exercise does just that. Eat lots of protein for energy. Protein shakes are really great! Put on your fav music. That really helps too!

And stay hydrated! Lots and lots of water. Gatorade is good also!

Just keep going and don't give in no matter how bad it gets. Most can't take the first couple of days and give in. I did over and over. If you make it to days 3-4 it gets better and better after that. You can do this Q, yes you CAN!!!!

-Randy

Hi Randy,

Im here for help again and hope I'll get it. Im really disappointed in myself since the past 10 days I've been making excuses every other day to just get ONE more. So much of me is sad now because it no longer makes me happy, because I want too and need to stop. I'll go a day and feel like >>>> and grab one more then try again, for the past week. Making up excuses etc.

I just took my last half if what I had and deleted the phone numbers that are torturing me daily. I bought the hylands and Imodium last week like I said (havent used them yet) but am assuming later on today or tomorrow I will feel like >>>>.

I know you're busy with your life, and so it everyone else but I definitely will need someone to talk to about it all day. No one knows that im dealing with this and I just want it to be over and never deal with this ever again.

Here goes nothing, for real this time!

C

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

It's just me, but I would never be able to go through withdrawals at work. To plan to try for me would set me up for failure. But I'm older and sick in general to begin with. I have limited energy and stamina. But I'm retired and have more opportunity to find a week here or there to set aside. I don't know how anyone does it if they have a job or if they have small children to care for every day. For me probably the worst thing about going out away from home is the intestinal issue. If I had to go out, I'd really use the Immodium. But I'm hoping you can take a few days off work to do this.

Exactly, that's why I keep failing. Dealing with a bad day at work makes me say one more, then I'll stop.

But today was the last I had like I said, so at least it's the weekend and that gives me 2 days I don't have to worry about work, and hopefully I can take a couple next week. We will see how I feel and how much strength I have to power through it, use the Imodium and go from there. I definitely need all the support I can get.

It is reassuring to read posts of people after 4 or 5 days starting to turn around and seeing a difference. I was only doing 30-45mg a day, and all the support I've gotten on here makes me think I can shake it before it got worse. So I will definitely be posting and looking for support and just people to talk to on her while I go through it. I appreciate it all!

Pretty sure we've all failed at one time or another. I sure have, so many times it made me sick of myself. I heard all the "you really have to want it's" until I was sick of hearing it. I was sick of EVERYTHING and THAT is what made the difference and did it for me. I was sick of being sick all the time.

It was like a switch got turned.
    UP = continue to use...
    DOWN = stop for good...

I put my switch in the DOWN position one final time.

I woke up one day and told mtself that was it, no more drugs, no more chasing the BEAST, no more giving all my money to someone to help me feel better, no more looking like death, no more of it.....PERIOD!!! I WAS DONE WITH ALL THAT STUFF FOR GOOD!!!

You have to get to that same point. The consequenses of using has to be so horrible that stopping is the next move to make. Stopping for GOOD!!! Before you lose everything and everyone you love, and all your possessions as I did at the time.

Relapse is part of this, but we can stop for good IF we're strong enough. Of course we really do have to want it, but we have to really mean we WANT IT too!

Pick yourself back up and try again. Make this your very last day one....EVER!!!!

Support is here of course, but YOU have to do the work and it CAN BE DONE!!!!

Your move!!!!!

-Randy

Hi Randy!

Your posts are always so helpful to me and give me such positive thoughts about going through this all! I definitely l know relapse is part of it... But I'm over saying to myself, "really? You're already giving in because you feel a little >>>>>>?" And it's so discouraging when I can't get myself to just keep moving forward, let the worst happen and let it be behind me.. For GOOD, like you're saying! It all makes sense to me and I can't keep letting it over power me.

Im definitely just about at the point, if not fully. More often then not I find myself walking around talking to myself, saying how stupid this is and it needs to end. Im sick of spending all my money, sick of lying and hiding things. It's not fair to the people I love and I don't want it to get to the point that it makes me lose them. I want to bite this in the butt before it goes too far.

I am making this my last day one. And I'll be keeping you updated all weekend long.. I know it will help me! I hope I am able to keep busy this weekend and that I am not feeling SO terrible that I can't get up and out. I will keep you posted, im sure I'll be posting again tonight, and I'll check back for any comments and anything shared!
    RecklessOne likes this.

Marvathree is offline Junior Member

Withdrawls at work have to be bad. I worked very little today and spent most of day one getting the kids stuff ready for my weekend flu. The more I read the less I rhink ill feel that much better by Monday so I'm taking off till tues. Does amount u take impact length of w/ds. I'm at about 100 a day

Marva, I've always wondered the same thing! Randy and iluv2 might have a better idea of that then I would... Hopefully they see this soon. From what I've read it's usually 3-4 days the worst.. Then hopefully turning around from there.. But I can only imagine everyone is different but that's what I want to tell myself from now. Because once we get to 3-4 days.. Even if it's had a couple more we are already that far and there is no point in turning back just to suffer again.. That's what I keep telling myself

I'm just achy now. Actually feel better than last night but it could be the sleep caused by the benzos. I suppose rest cannot hurt. I'm just waiting for it to get worse but it's stable. Sucks but not killing me yet

That's good. That's what im doing too.. And what scares me. Not knowing how bad it will get and when.. Just relaxing and trying not to think about it while it isn't terrible right now. Drinking tons of water.. Heard it helps

Sunshine1112 is offline Advanced Member

Question and Marva I am so glad you two are posting back and forth!!! Having an experienced member is invaluable but having someone at the same time frame is just as important. Mommy and sunshine1974 have been my rocks and I still count on mommy everyday now 4 weeks in.

Stay strong!!! You will out of the wd real soon.
    Sadmommy13 likes this.

Hi sunshine, thanks so much for taking the time to post. I look forward to checking this and seeing if anyone has something to say.

I actually got out for a couple hours to try and keep my mind off this and not lay around.. Since I'll probably feel worse tomorrow and do that all day. But now I'm home from the movies and don't plan on moving.. My stomach is bothering me but I've been drinking as much water as I can while I can. I'll check in later. I feel like sweats are starting to show up. Even at the movies I was hot and cold, not drastically but I think it's coming.

How are you Marva?

Thanks sunshine. Questions, I got out too. My husband and I drove through the country and got the kids McDonald's. I'm walking around but sore. It is hour 36 and I'm wAiting for full withdrawls. My hubby feels I'm already there and it will get better. I did take 1mg Ativan Tylenol naprosyn and gabapentin. Perhaps they are helping. Just hoping to wake up better instead of worse. What a blessing this would be if it was almost over Monday my friend will try to get me to give up and go on mmt. I don't want that. I want out totally

Marav you are doing it you are half way already, congrats!!! I not sure what your friend wants you to do mmt? You don't need to go on anything else. You will be clean and almost done with wd. Your life you make the decisions!!

Question good for you getting out!!! Your both doing great!!!!

Good Marva, im glad we both did. It's funny, I keep going back and forth with having moments I feel totally fine, and others when I can feel pain in my back..and now I'm getting a headache. I have been drinking lots of water like I said. Sunshine, do you have any input on this since you're ahead of us!?

Im hoping it isn't going to be as bad as I thought.. We will definitely see through the night and tomorrow. Ahh

Sorry guys....my post of support on wd is just what I have read. I did not do ct I was too much of a big chicken. When I came off the trams I was still taking hydro so I only had to deal with brain zaps, balance and severe anxiety. Then I tapered off the hydro I was down to a less than a half pill one time a day so I did not have any wd, I went off when I was on a ski trip and only noticed my muscles sore from skiing. But I am struggling mentally now. My anxiety and motivation is off the charts, but with that said my brain doesn't know how to function without the opiates as I took them for 11 years.

My best advice is to just go with what comes. Keep active when you can and try keeping your mind busy. Anytime you feel as if you can get outside especially if the sun is out go for it. The sun does so much for me just getting the mail or a small walk will do wonders. Music helps allot try listening to music and get lost in some of your favorite songs. So many have posted about listening to music!

Headaches. That is my big problem now. I got up an ran up an down the road twice angrily and it hurt like hell. Came home and laid down. Got up to use the bathroom and it was like I forgot I was sick. Got laundry done, heated yo the casserole I put together before getting sick. I feel gross again but maybe kicking up your own endorphins work. My friend and I had the same 1,500 dollar a month addiction she went to mmt and honestly I don't think she wants to be stuck there alone. She's texting offering to take me Monday and telling me I won't make it or I will die. Mmt kills people. I researched and autopsy showed most mmt patients organs are 1/3 larger than others. I actually went to the clinic twice and God was watching and the doc called out sick. By the time the doc is in Monday, my urine will be clear and I'm not a candidate. Also I need to feel this pain to truly put this behind me. I'm not craving a pill at all, and each time I tried it was all I thought about. I'm determined to prove Her and hubby wrong that mmt is not for me. Hubby is now just realizing that I've got this and I don't need liquid handcuffs

No worries sunshine! Just thought I would ask, I know we're all her for different things, but all helping eachother.

Marva, don't don't don't! I think it will be more of a headache.. We do need to suffer and deal now and put it behind us so we don't want to do it again. And we won't need too..I know we don't. I've stopped in the past (before it got worse) with no issue and didn't think about it for like 6 months.. Starting hanging with the wrong people and tried it again. But I know it can be done and I don't want to deal with this again and you shouldnt either. You are determined and we will be fine come next week..just keep thinking that and it's the truth

Thanks questions. I'm actually eating. Hopefully that will help. My head is killing me though. I never get headaches. Tylenol here I come

Marva what is mmt? You need to tell your friend no!! You are doing this and by Monday you will be towards the tail end of things. Don't push the excercise get excercise but don't over do it. The endorphines will make you feel good shortly after and then you crash from over doing it. I have tried that as well to help my mental state and energy and pushed it harder then I need to and was exhausted.

I definitely need to eat better tomorrow. I think it does..and im going to try and get on the bike in my basement tomorrow (if my body and brain lets me) just quickly but atleast something. I never get headaches either!! I took 4 Advil in hopes to make it go away...easing up a little and now I'm laying here praying to god I sleep tonight

Sunshine mmt is methadone maintenance therapy. Up to a two year detox using methadone to cure cravings. It is cheaper at about 500 per month >> the 1500 I am spending now to get the right amount. I hurt bad but honestly have no cravings. The Devils been knocking by I'm not answering. This is the first time I made it to day three and I'm not going to be here again.

Marva stay the course and you will be free of spending money on drugs. Soon you will be able to take that money and have a really nice vacation without the worry of making sure you have enough drugs to make it thru the trip. How liberating will that be!!!! You are making it!! Two years is a very long time..in two years this will be a past life of using and rather a clean life you will have much too celebrate. Eating, excercise, and vitamins help so much.

Let me know how you both are doing. So proud of you both. I know it's not easy but the payoff will be so worth it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast