Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sn79
Trying to get off suboxone after 4 years of treatment.
    sn79 is offline New Member

Default Trying to get off suboxone after 4 years of treatment.

My Dr retired in May so the gave me script with 3 refills. My plan was to use my last refill to taper off of them. Problem was that I went to pick b it up and my Dr's DEA # had expired the previous month. So there I was trippin out. I got enough from a friend to quarter up for a week. I went to my family dr who were super respectful of what I was trying to do. They gave me 50 mg of trazadone to take at bedtime and 25 mg of librium to take 3 times a day. We'll I took my last quarter at 5 am last Thursday. By Saturday I couldn't sleep due restless leg which is the worst thing ever for me when it comes to getting off of my drug of choice. So I had went 5 days with 8 hours sleep total. Went and got one suboxone and quartered up for insurance purposes. Went back to dr and they upped my trazadone to 150 mg at bedtime and two 25 mg librium 3 times a day. Said I have to follow that strictly in order to get help from my withdrawals. We'll I screwed up and the past 2 nights I I took a quarter of sub each night. Slept for 6 straight hours last night. Most sine last Thursday. I was actually feeling better yesterday. I hope this doesn't cause me to go thru this again. Any thoughts from anyone out there.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

sn...

There are several members who are tapering with sub, or have jumped off and going on some double digit days....and others who have successfully beat it and still come on and help those who need some guidance. Hang in there and they will drop in and steer you the right way.

Sounds like you are on 2mg daily? Can you get more to do a proper taper? Search around this site for Roberts taper method......has been used by countless members and is one of the best methods to quit.

Good luck to you.....you're on your way!

HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member

Hey SN...Welcome to the club!
    Im on my 2nd week of Subs for the "Humpteeenth" time, lol....I have relapsed more times than I can count, mostly due to my EXTREME and "EPIC" (I call it) RLS and Insomnia....My last bout was 12 days with ZERO Sleep! Had to take off work cause I couldnt drive! I was SO exhausted from Pacing the house all night long I was seeing Double trying to drive! Finally "caved" and got back on the Pills...ugh.....But seems this time on the Subs is the easiest ive had! No RLS, No insomnia...I think it is because I am following the "Thomas Recipe" for Withdrawals, and inducted at onlly 4mgs of Subs/day....If you can find a Doctor to Prescribe you some more Subs..(look for Pain Clinics....they usually do Sub Therapy) I can walk you thru "Roberts Taper Plan" which almost EVERYONE on the forums here use! It is Hands DOwn the BEST, and quickest taper Plan I have ever seen, and relatively painless! LOL...its Very easy, but depending on how much opiates you were taking and how long you were on them, will decide how much you will "induct" in at.....How many Subs do you have Now? What are you addicted too? How much were you taking each day and for how long, if you dont mind me asking?
    Oh also, google the "Thomas Recipe" for opiate withdrawals, and my Dr prescribed me "Ropininole" or sometimes called "ReQuip" for RLS and it seems to be working in conjunction with the Thomas Recipe!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-10-2014 at 11:30 AM.

I'm addicted to suboxone. My last refill got cut off and I was taking anywhere from 1 to 2 8mg subs a day then got cut off. So I got some from a buddy which is an act of Congress to fine them around here. So for about 12 days I was pretty much doing 2mg a day besides a couple days I took 4mg. So I took my last 2mg on Sept 4th at 5 am and didn't take anything until 2mg late Monday night the 8th of Sept. Saturday and Sunday were brutal. Hardly any sleep and terrible restless leg. My family dr gave me trazadone and librium but it didn't help much so I broke down and took that 2mg late Monday night. Went back to the dr and they upped my dosage on both so I didn't feel like being a zombie again and not sleeping so I took 2mg again last night and slept 12 hours. I have 4mg left and don't want to touch it. I was starting to feel better before last night. I just hope I didn't cause myself to go backwards again cause I managed to get off of work for the week and have to do this now.

How ya doing, sn?

Hope you're figuring things out.

If I didn't get restless leg so severely it wouldn't be so bad.

HS......Restless leg and insomnia r my 2 worst enemies through this. My family dr gave me 150 mg of trazadone to take at night and 2 librium 25 mg 3 times a day and all it does is make me a drowsy zombie anf I still can't sleep. Just want this to be over. Wish I didn't have 4mg of sub left cause I want it badly right now.

Did you ever ask your Dr aboout pprescibing you "Ropininole, or ReQuip" as its sometimes called...I told ya about it a couple of Posts ago..... Its the ONLY thing thats ever worked for me......Ask your Dr about it....it WORKS!!!!!

I'll call em tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks again.
    HarrySmooth likes this.

Oh, and I was spelling it wrong...just checked the bottle...its spelled "Ropinirole"...sorry

They gave me something for restless leg.

Hey, sn....

How's the new medication for your RLS working?

It worked good the first night. But last night not so much. I've already missed 7 days of work. I have a Dr's excuse tho. My knees will not stop aching! Alieve will not help either. I have no energy as well.

Oh yeah. It's called mirapex or something like that.

I just re-read your post, sn.......

You jumped from a huge amount of sub. I wish one of the people with more sub experience would jump in here. How long where you taking sub at 8-16 mg daily?

Almost 4 years.

kerrib318 is offline Junior Member

Hello. I'm actually tapering down as well FINALLY. Have been on suboxone for four years as well. I used to only be on 2mg a day. When they first started me on the Subs they put me on 8mg twice a day but I felt it was wayyy too mmuch for me so I told them and they lowered my dose. I was doing well on the 2mg and then my pharmacy gave me thw wrong dose of 8mg. So then here I was taking 8mg per day without even knowing it. It screwed me up on my dosing. I got back down to 4mg a day and only once in a while took an extra half of the 8mg for an 8mg a day dose total. But most of the time I'm only on 4mg once a day. So I am following Roberts taper plan and took my first 3mg dose last night. So far I feel ok. I'm wanting to exercise to help and probably will go grab some hylands for the restless legs. I really want to be able to have another baby in the future and I'm just trying to keep that in mind. I'm nervous but excited. I know that the next few days ahead are going to be very rough. Maybe we can go through this together and try to help each other out. I'm also up for any suggestions for OTC things to help my symptoms.