Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By alexnt
  • 1 Post By daniimelly
  • 1 Post By daniimelly
  • 3 Post By daniimelly
trying to kick suboxone with no luck
    daniimelly is offline New Member

Default trying to kick suboxone with no luck

like so many others, i was tricked into thinking suboxone would help me kick my addiction, but instead it replaced it. my husband& i were on an average of snorting 240mg oxycontin for more than 7 yrs. thieving and conning to get drugs. even got on cocain. i had a friend tell me about his subs script. and at first using them to controll WD.s untill my next fix. after a couple yrs &losing my house, I decided to find a sub dr and quit oxy for good. i was on 24mg strips daily for 4 years. my dr didnt kno i was sharing with my husband and that hepled me taper down eventually to where im on a mere .25-.5 mg every other day. everyone keeps saying thats when i can jump off but i am having a hard time. ive attempted quitting several times& have been on this dose 3 months or more. i plan on trying again soon. i just feel completely usless, drained of all energy& tired all the time, chill sweats, leg cramps yawning& watery red eyes- sooo tired yet cant sleep& end up tossing all night. tho this is nothing compaired to oxy WD, but lasting much longer. ive gotten up to 1 week clean of suboxone but cant get past it. doesent help that there still laying around, as my husband is on 8-12 mg daily. hes supportive but hate seeing my struggle &in pain ( im somewhat of a cry baby too so that doesn't help) im not sure what im looking for in reguards to replys to this post, i just feel helpless. P.S. my dr has since retired and left me with a 6 month refill. im NOT finding another dr and i have 4 month refills left. i just wish i would have, idk, started at a lower dose? tapered sooner? taken subs just untill opiate withdraw subsided? i wonder if any of that would have made a difference...

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by daniimelly View Post
    like so many others, i was tricked into thinking suboxone would help me kick my addiction, but instead it replaced it. my husband& i were on an average of snorting 240mg oxycontin for more than 7 yrs. thieving and conning to get drugs. even got on cocain. i had a friend tell me about his subs script. and at first using them to controll WD.s untill my next fix. after a couple yrs &losing my house, I decided to find a sub dr and quit oxy for good. i was on 24mg strips daily for 4 years. my dr didnt kno i was sharing with my husband and that hepled me taper down eventually to where im on a mere .25-.5 mg every other day. everyone keeps saying thats when i can jump off but i am having a hard time. ive attempted quitting several times& have been on this dose 3 months or more. i plan on trying again soon. i just feel completely usless, drained of all energy& tired all the time, chill sweats, leg cramps yawning& watery red eyes- sooo tired yet cant sleep& end up tossing all night. tho this is nothing compaired to oxy WD, but lasting much longer. ive gotten up to 1 week clean of suboxone but cant get past it. doesent help that there still laying around, as my husband is on 8-12 mg daily. hes supportive but hate seeing my struggle &in pain ( im somewhat of a cry baby too so that doesn't help) im not sure what im looking for in reguards to replys to this post, i just feel helpless. P.S. my dr has since retired and left me with a 6 month refill. im NOT finding another dr and i have 4 month refills left. i just wish i would have, idk, started at a lower dose? tapered sooner? taken subs just untill opiate withdraw subsided? i wonder if any of that would have made a difference...
    Welcome to the forums here dani and congrats on your desire to get off of subs. You mentioned you were on 24 mgs a day for 4 years and that is a very big dose and very long time to be on subs. You don't mention how long it took you to go from 24 mg to your current dose and how big your drops were. Also you say you are taking .25 to .50 every other day and that could also be why you are having problems now. To taper off you need to be consistent on what dose you are taking. You are skipping days and that is best to do at the very end of the taper. Here is what you might try to lessen the symptoms of jumping off. Starting tomorrow take .50 and take the same amount at the same time every day until you feel completely stable at .50. Since you have been on subs for a very long period of time you probably need to taper slowly. From .50 maybe go down to .40 get good and stable there then go to .33. From there go to .25. and if you feel you need to reduce further go to .18 to .20. At that point get stable and then try skipping days. My best wishes to you and I suggest you keep posting so others here might be able to give you suggestions and support.

Alex
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-20-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Unfortunately, your's is not an unusual story here. I don't have personal experience with subs and in fact had never heard of them until I started to read this Forum. I shall be forever grateful for that because I would have certainly been exactly where you are right now.

Try to find a retired thread belonging to Robert who is absolutely infamous here for his taper method. He has retired from this Forum after helping many, many people do a proper taper. Alex has given you good advice (from threads I have followed here). The trick is to taper slow and steady. Never go up and stay at the same dose daily until you're stable. There are many here who can attest that this method absolutely works if you do it correctly. You didn't mention--is your husband tapering too? I sure hope he is. This is a perfect time for the both of you to begin a new, clean life.

Keep posting. There will be others along who can probably even give you a link to Robert's thread and can help you themselves having personal experience with subs and a successful taper.

Peace,

Cat

thanks for replying, alex! so i started my taper over a year ago by cutting my dose by 1/4 strip at a time every 2 weeks, from my afternoon dose first. after 2 weeks bring down my morning dose then my evening dose to follow and it continued that way. it was almost a breeze- it was So easy! skip to now, >> say my dose was closer to .25mg but i would tear my strips and i guess thats why my dose does vary. and i do mean .25-.5mg- not like .25 of a strip. so i mean im literally tearing off a piece of sub so small it sticks to my fingers sometimes or i swallow it in the first few seconds( i believe my saliva glands are over active esp. the sweet flavor make my mouth salivate-major) so here i am. at 5 1/2 days no subs again. i am totally insomniac this week, sleeping just a total of about 10 hours this week & going 3 non-consecutive days absolutely no sleep at all. think im gonna buy some ZzzQuil... my dr did give me these taper plans but i dont feel i could get any lower dose than i am now without maybe like 2mg strips instead of the 8mg im prescribed now but that wont happen as my dr is officially retired now.

Cat, thank u for the encouragment! yes my husband is tapering too but hes going at a slower pace. i mean, for me, it was a breeze tapering down 1/4 strip every 2 weeks, i had hardly any side effects at all. going to look for Roberts thread now. u know, i got some advice from my older sister as it concerns street drug , - always find out what your taking and how much is appropriate, find out side effects and risk- know what your doing, be smart about it. eroid.org was my best friend. i started wilding out around 12y.o and ive done this ever since, but for some reason it didnt carry over in my mind for dr prescribed drugs but they can be just as dangerous if not more. i look at precription medicine differently now. not always for consumer benefit, but to line pockets of pharma companys. smh.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-27-2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: changes - wrong words

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Dani: You need to be methodical about tapering totally off the suboxone. As far as getting a dose right and making sure that you are taking the correct amount. I''m going to post the link to a video. You can use a toothpick to place the small doses of sub under your tongue. I am also placing Robert's taper here as well.
    Taper:
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Cutting Suboxone:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE
    If this link doesn't work simply google cutting suboxone and go to Harry Smooth's video.

Let me know if this helps.

Peace,

Iloerose

jessabellc is offline New Member

Same situation as u i been on it 5yrs. husband sharing rx. Stored some and dropped dr to wean myself. have 1left for my husband to get him thru til fall when iys not so hot at work (he's takin 0.13mg a day so 8mg pill will last months.) But i wanted to go off it first. i went ro .5mg then went off on 9days clean today endrgy is coming back it was hard first few days as stay home mom to 3&5year olds but my husband helped when he got hpme. got kids movies from library and kiids games during day. 4immodiums a day plus 4advil every 6 hours helps. and i never woulda made past third night without melatonin 2mg. slept nprmal past few nighta. more energy every day now. also wouldn't made past 2days without nightly na meetings. really startoing to feel better. good luck remember its mostly in ur head. that's where meetings really help

jessabell, its good to kno im close to the light at the end of the tunnel. just an update on where im at for anyone interested. im going on day 7 now, suprising enought after i started this thread thought about tapering down with roberts thread. learned some good info i feel will help my husband out on his taper but im just so tired of trying to quit and making it a couple days in w/d to just fall back into subs again, so i quit suboxone for the bazillionth time and im on day 7! i know its real this time. i decided to take some advice from the Thomas Recipe- minus any benzos or whatever, im taking immodium, multi vitamine, and the LTyrosine is working fabulously. im still not sleeping good even tho ive tried melatonin, zzzquil, benadryl, dextromethorphin hbr (cough meds) but actually i did get a record breaking 5 hrs sleep last night which is more than ive had all week. things are actually looking up. im not really looking forward to work tonight even tho it cant be worse than friday(day 4/5) thank u to those who have encouraged and supported me, ill def give an update on day 10 and again when i feel "back to normal"

I'm on day 10 feelin even better than yesterday. feel normal enough so igot kiddie pool cleaned out and kids r happily swimming in freezing water.. . i know ill b exhausted 1/2 way thru day but every day is better. just stick with it. ur doing great.

8 1/2 days clean off suboxone. still no sleep but im getting my energy back, and i was a little worried the l-tyrosine (1000mg) would effect my appetite but my appetite is coming back too. its been a crazy week, yesterday i realized we missed our wedding anniversary on 6/25. im looking forward on moving into my new house this week and being a whole new person. between the ages of 15 up ive basically been on any and every drug at one point or another. im looking forward to finding myself. starting a new hobbie. i feel like ive been in a fog for years, just floating through- i am feeling feelings & its a little overwhelming to say the least, this could also be lack of sleep
    iloerose likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Congratulations on getting through this taper. Sleep is sometimes the last thing to get back, but that never killed anyone. Try some melatonin or other OTC and see if that helps. Tire yourself out before bedtime. If you are felling overwhelmed, I suggest you look for an NA meeting. Finding some f2f support can be important. As far as the feelings: you haven't felt for so long and addicts tend to use drugs as a way of coping. Move forward and know that those feelings that are coming back are natural: you're responding to a new, clear world. That is something to celebrate!

Peace,

Iloerose

Def get some melatonin. 2mg helps get to and keep me asleep. if kids wake me gotta take 2more to get back to sleep. cheap and they work great. energy will b better if ur actually getting good sleep.

Default IM [officially] OFF SUBOXONE!!

im not really even sure exactly what day im on, maybe 15 days clean? [checks calendar] 16 days! my husband even started tapering last week and i couldn't be prouder, he went down more than 1/4 sub. i used to sleep a lot, i mean up to 10 hours a night with at least 1 nap before work, obvi im not sleeping like that, but i dont find myself needing that much sleep currently either. im still taking Imodium on and off for my stomach, hoping that will go away soon, ive been getting more exercise. my sex drive is way up and im hating my job more than ever. i am moving into my new house with nothing weighing me down, just like i was hoping for. i am just completely baffled that it took something so small to make such a huge change in my life. thank you so so so much to everyone on this forum for their support and wisdom.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-08-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: wrong thing there had to fix it
    alexnt likes this.

Great job! Stay clean and good luck with the move.

Default 120 days clean

I don't know how but by the grace of god I found this sight 4 months ago and on that very day, with the help of family, friend, and stranger a like, I got the encouragement and strength it took to FINALLY quit suboxone once and for all. my suboxone clean date is 6/20/2014. so im on day 120 or so and I couldn't feel better. my sex drive is back in full swing. im eating healthy and normally, exercising and socializing. the first time im not relying on prescription medicine in nearly a decade. I am actually in the middle of helping my husband finally detox. he is on day 6 1/2 today and using the Thomas method with benzos because where his symptoms were heavily mental where mine were physical for the most part. im so happy to say im suboxone free and getting my wonderful husband on the right track now as well Peace and Love, -Danielle