Trying to kick vics, percs, norcs, trams, etc... after close to almost ten yrs
    lakeguy is offline New Member

Default Trying to kick vics, percs, norcs, trams, etc... after close to almost ten yrs

*I'm sharing my story for the first time, and though it may be long, if you are taking tramadol please read as it may just save your life. (Seizures are a real side effect!)

First off I'd like to ask, Mushhead: How is your fight going? I didn't see any posts after 7-21 I think it was. I figured i'd tell my story after hearing all the insight as I think I may have or tied with the worst stories i've read on this thread. And I know it's easy to sugar coat how bad our addictions are I think it may help to be brutally honest. Least i'd like to think so here goes.

I've been taking pain-killers since probably 05' pretty heavy. I am 32 now and I started I guess back when I was 23 or so I guess. I took them before then too but not on a regular consistent basis as I do today. I've always had a bad back and always loved when someone had a script or would give me a handful. From that it got worse and worse thru the years as I seeked out and found new people to get pills from. It started off with vicodin, then percocets, then norcos, etc.... Well I wasn't out of control at least that's what I told myself until about 4-5 years ago when I slipped a disc in my back and found out I had a pinched nerve in my back. Well from then until now painkillers have seemed to consume my life. My doctor prescribed me vicodin, of course he didn't write me a script large enough for my tolerance (which has within the last 2 years been from what compared to others as SUPER-HUMAN!!!) I found people who sold them, and well I bought them whenever I needed them. I can't begin to tell you how much ******* $$$$$$ I have spent in the last 4 years on F***** pills. It sickens me, disgusts me, and well I've just came to the conclusion if i'm ever gonna make something of my life I have to kick it. My gf doesn't know and hasn't known how bad it's been and were going on 5 years. How? I have no idea! She knows I have a addictive personality and that I take pills for my back but doesn't know that I run thru my monthly doctor prescribed script of 90 750mg norcos in 4-5 days and go thru my mothers script of 100, 1000mg norcos in 4-5 days as well. If that weren't enough I know people that always have more norcos, percs, vicodin, & tramadol literally at my fingertips which i've taken full advantage of as well.
    When I first found out that I had a slipped disc and pinched nerve my doctor also had me on tramadol, 50mg 3x a day or something. I took them by the handful so I don't really know anymore what "as prescribed really means anymore" I had developed a tolerance so high that I could seriously take 10 norcos at once and function like nothing was wrong and people had no idea. This was my normal. I could do the same with tramadol as well.
    ***I read someone on here mention tramadol can cause SEIZURES, well they are right!!! After about 3 months of taking tramadol like skittles I had my first seizure in my entire life. I'm talking a full on grand mal seizure. I don't remember anything other than waking up in my bathroom with paramedics over me carting me away in an ambulance. My gf crying and my parents by my side at the hospital. This was 2 years ago. Well I didn't think anything of it as all my tests came back fine and the doctors couldn't explain it. Well about 6 months had gone by and I was in my office working late and it happened again. This time I was alone and it was bad! I fell so hard i cut my face just under my eye a huge gash, a pool of blood like I had been shot. When I came too I was alone and didn't know what just happened. I just saw blood and went to the bathroom and could have died right there when I saw how bad my face was. A huge gash ripped open in my face, carpet burn from seizing on the floor all over my forehead and face. It looked like I had been in a horrible car wreck. I was working out of state and called one of my workers to pick me up as I obviously could not drive. My next fear was how do I tell my boss what happened without losing my job. How do I stop my gf from worrying and crying over thinking something seriously was wrong with me. This was the second seizure i'd had in 6 months and was 30 years old. How is this happening. What was the cause, well without doctors telling me anything and me researching the side effects to the drugs I was taking, I found the cause to be tramadol. I told my doctor and he took me off of them and just increased my monthly script of 750mg norcos. Well as if that weren't enough to scare me into never touching these pills again it wasn't. I was and am an addict. I just took less, my body can handle it right, well it's been 2 years since that horrible seizure and I think i've had a couple lying in bed bc if you've ever had a seizure you know how bad and tired it makes ur body feel but thankfully I was in bed and nothing horrible like before happened. Just the side effects of knowing I had a seizure but not being 100% sure bc no one was around and I could never remember having them.

Well i'll wrap this up now but just wanted to share part of my story, my struggle, my addiction, and quite frankly just tell someone as nobody knows other than the people I got the pills from how bad I got. It's Tuesday night 7-29 and I haven't taken a pain killer since last Thursday 7-24 (6 days) I got some 2mg suboxone to help with the withdrawals as i've tried to quit 100 times before but can never get passed 4-5 days. I'm ready to finally slay this dragon and stop it from ruining my body, my life, and consuming my every waking moment. I don't know yet if I can do it as I literally went from taking probably 30 pills a day whether it be vic,percs,norcs, or trams a day whichever i had at the time as I always bounced back and forth whichever I could find at the time to keep me normal and away from the wd's to on thursday morning I took my last 6 trams at once and starting in the afternoon I started the suboxone. I started with 16 2mg and now am down to 3.5 pills. I just hope i can do this and am so scared of the wd's coming that i might not be able to stop from calling my script in.

If anyone knows anything about suboxone and whether i'm trading evils here i'd appreciate it very much as I just know it's keeping me functioning as w/o it I wouldn't be able to survive. But my goal is to ween myself off this as well but just can't do the wd's. I'm alone in this fight as nobody knows in my life what i'm going thru and have to stay a functioning person and this is the only way i know that works to help me kick the habit.

Thank you to whoever read this long novel i've written and i just hope that I can remain as strong as some of you and that somebody looking into quitting reads my story and sees the dangers that can come from tramadol and pain killers in general and if I can help just one person it was worth sitting down sharing my story as many of you have said it's nice to know were not alone in this fight and there are others. Thank you.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lakeguy View Post
    *I'm sharing my story for the first time, and though it may be long, if you are taking tramadol please read as it may just save your life. (Seizures are a real side effect!)

First off I'd like to ask, Mushhead: How is your fight going? I didn't see any posts after 7-21 I think it was. I figured i'd tell my story after hearing all the insight as I think I may have or tied with the worst stories i've read on this thread. And I know it's easy to sugar coat how bad our addictions are I think it may help to be brutally honest. Least i'd like to think so here goes.

I've been taking pain-killers since probably 05' pretty heavy. I am 32 now and I started I guess back when I was 23 or so I guess. I took them before then too but not on a regular consistent basis as I do today. I've always had a bad back and always loved when someone had a script or would give me a handful. From that it got worse and worse thru the years as I seeked out and found new people to get pills from. It started off with vicodin, then percocets, then norcos, etc.... Well I wasn't out of control at least that's what I told myself until about 4-5 years ago when I slipped a disc in my back and found out I had a pinched nerve in my back. Well from then until now painkillers have seemed to consume my life. My doctor prescribed me vicodin, of course he didn't write me a script large enough for my tolerance (which has within the last 2 years been from what compared to others as SUPER-HUMAN!!!) I found people who sold them, and well I bought them whenever I needed them. I can't begin to tell you how much ******* $$$$$$ I have spent in the last 4 years on F***** pills. It sickens me, disgusts me, and well I've just came to the conclusion if i'm ever gonna make something of my life I have to kick it. My gf doesn't know and hasn't known how bad it's been and were going on 5 years. How? I have no idea! She knows I have a addictive personality and that I take pills for my back but doesn't know that I run thru my monthly doctor prescribed script of 90 750mg norcos in 4-5 days and go thru my mothers script of 100, 1000mg norcos in 4-5 days as well. If that weren't enough I know people that always have more norcos, percs, vicodin, & tramadol literally at my fingertips which i've taken full advantage of as well.
    When I first found out that I had a slipped disc and pinched nerve my doctor also had me on tramadol, 50mg 3x a day or something. I took them by the handful so I don't really know anymore what "as prescribed really means anymore" I had developed a tolerance so high that I could seriously take 10 norcos at once and function like nothing was wrong and people had no idea. This was my normal. I could do the same with tramadol as well.
    ***I read someone on here mention tramadol can cause SEIZURES, well they are right!!! After about 3 months of taking tramadol like skittles I had my first seizure in my entire life. I'm talking a full on grand mal seizure. I don't remember anything other than waking up in my bathroom with paramedics over me carting me away in an ambulance. My gf crying and my parents by my side at the hospital. This was 2 years ago. Well I didn't think anything of it as all my tests came back fine and the doctors couldn't explain it. Well about 6 months had gone by and I was in my office working late and it happened again. This time I was alone and it was bad! I fell so hard i cut my face just under my eye a huge gash, a pool of blood like I had been shot. When I came too I was alone and didn't know what just happened. I just saw blood and went to the bathroom and could have died right there when I saw how bad my face was. A huge gash ripped open in my face, carpet burn from seizing on the floor all over my forehead and face. It looked like I had been in a horrible car wreck. I was working out of state and called one of my workers to pick me up as I obviously could not drive. My next fear was how do I tell my boss what happened without losing my job. How do I stop my gf from worrying and crying over thinking something seriously was wrong with me. This was the second seizure i'd had in 6 months and was 30 years old. How is this happening. What was the cause, well without doctors telling me anything and me researching the side effects to the drugs I was taking, I found the cause to be tramadol. I told my doctor and he took me off of them and just increased my monthly script of 750mg norcos. Well as if that weren't enough to scare me into never touching these pills again it wasn't. I was and am an addict. I just took less, my body can handle it right, well it's been 2 years since that horrible seizure and I think i've had a couple lying in bed bc if you've ever had a seizure you know how bad and tired it makes ur body feel but thankfully I was in bed and nothing horrible like before happened. Just the side effects of knowing I had a seizure but not being 100% sure bc no one was around and I could never remember having them.

Well i'll wrap this up now but just wanted to share part of my story, my struggle, my addiction, and quite frankly just tell someone as nobody knows other than the people I got the pills from how bad I got. It's Tuesday night 7-29 and I haven't taken a pain killer since last Thursday 7-24 (6 days) I got some 2mg suboxone to help with the withdrawals as i've tried to quit 100 times before but can never get passed 4-5 days. I'm ready to finally slay this dragon and stop it from ruining my body, my life, and consuming my every waking moment. I don't know yet if I can do it as I literally went from taking probably 30 pills a day whether it be vic,percs,norcs, or trams a day whichever i had at the time as I always bounced back and forth whichever I could find at the time to keep me normal and away from the wd's to on thursday morning I took my last 6 trams at once and starting in the afternoon I started the suboxone. I started with 16 2mg and now am down to 3.5 pills. I just hope i can do this and am so scared of the wd's coming that i might not be able to stop from calling my script in.

If anyone knows anything about suboxone and whether i'm trading evils here i'd appreciate it very much as I just know it's keeping me functioning as w/o it I wouldn't be able to survive. But my goal is to ween myself off this as well but just can't do the wd's. I'm alone in this fight as nobody knows in my life what i'm going thru and have to stay a functioning person and this is the only way i know that works to help me kick the habit.

Thank you to whoever read this long novel i've written and i just hope that I can remain as strong as some of you and that somebody looking into quitting reads my story and sees the dangers that can come from tramadol and pain killers in general and if I can help just one person it was worth sitting down sharing my story as many of you have said it's nice to know were not alone in this fight and there are others. Thank you.
    lakeguy welcome to the forums here and congrats to you on wanting to become pill free. Suboxone is a great tool to use if used properly. You said you started subs last Thursday with 16 2mg and am down to 3.5 pills. If you could it would help to know what your daily amount of subs has been. I did notice on Mushheads old thread that you had posted on it and that Rose had replied to you on it and gave you the link to Robert 325 taper plan. Theres a thread in the suboxne forums called my plan to kick vicodin habit with suboxone by a member named Lincoinecho that you might want to read thru. He did a taper starting out at 2 mg of sub a day and his thread shows how he did it in about 6 weeks with around 40 mg of subs I think it was. You might need just a bit more then 2 mg a day to get good and stable but I would think 2.5 would do the job or maybe even 2 mg might work out for you. You need to find a dose to get stable at and then once good and stable follow the taper plan. My best wishes to you.

Alex