Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes
Trying To Quit Methadone Cold Turkey
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwinamoose View Post
    Hi. Saw this and had to reply. I'm on day 6 coming off opiats. Convinced I would die since day 3. No runs now. Stomachs not on fire. No appetite. No sleep.i manage to sleep an hour a night but wake terrified knowing it's still not over. Been through we before 11 years ago. Had drink problem. Bottle vodka a day. Never thought this would happen again. Forcing milkshake and bananas down me. Start to think I feel better then night comes and I get so anxious think my hearts going to pack in. Hope that too stops soon. You are not alone and we have to hang in . It's just the fear of when will it stop and will things get better. Had a great life after kicked drink . Been stupid. Just needed something for my tension and got out of hand. Hope you're over the worst. It can be done but the mental stuff tries to tell us otherwise. Good luck. Not alone

I know exactly what youre going through. If you have a primary doctor instead of telling them you're going through opiate wd and feeling embarrassed just tell him or her that youre experiencing severe anxiety and you need something to calm you down. I did that with my doctor and she prescribed the Hydroxyzine. I tried lying just get get Clonidine but it didnt help because my blood pressure wasnt high enough for her to prescribe it. I just read up on it and heard it also helps with opiate WD. Luckily i have a friend who takes it and he gave me some. I forgot to mention i took one on yesterday for the first time and it blew my mind how I didnt feel any sign of anxiety. i dont recommend daily use because it will lower you pressure tremendously and that may cause you to pass out. But do some research and see what works for you. So far Im using, Gabapentin 2X daily and Hydroxyzine 2X daily and since Im a female I use the One A Day womens vitamins and I also take B12. I have Tramadol but dont use it because its a synthetic opiate and will have me back at square one. The Gabapentine is also iffy because Ive read where you have to taper down but I dont plan on using it long term. I take 300 mgs of that and 25 mgs of the Hydroxyzine and supposed to take 4 times daily but I only take it twice. Try to research and see whats bests for you. i hope and pray that we get through this together. i got your back and my homie lvg nghtmare is awesome and will offer great advice. Please hang in there, were gonna beat this monster together and even though i dont act like Dale Gribble and think the Gov't has done this in conspiracy form I do believe they an antidote for this stuff but we probably wont have access till the year 2089 when were dead lol. But just try your hardest to beat this. You got this!!

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Wow, Sunshine, Guess your feeling pretty good... Whatever works for you..Keep it up. Proud of You.. Be careful with the hydroxyzine,it's an antihistamine, not sure how much or really why your taking that. Early in my withdrawals I was drinking tons of Gatorade, and falling over,my equalibrium way our of wack,I thought it was all the process but now am prediabetic, so not everything I was going through was the drugs,but watching my diet everything back to normal.. wishing and praying Continued ease in your journey..be well.. Stay Strong for Today...

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Wow, Sunshine, Guess your feeling pretty good... Whatever works for you..Keep it up. Proud of You.. Be careful with the hydroxyzine,it's an antihistamine, not sure how much or really why your taking that. Early in my withdrawals I was drinking tons of Gatorade, and falling over,my equalibrium way our of wack,I thought it was all the process but now am prediabetic, so not everything I was going through was the drugs,but watching my diet everything back to normal.. wishing and praying Continued ease in your journey..be well.. Stay Strong for Today...

Hey there, Hope all is well with you, hope youre feeling okay. The Hydroxyzine was prescribed for anxiety. I really didn't have it in my life but i do know that i developed it last time I tried CT. So I asked the doctor to prescribe me Clonidine and she said my pressure wasnt high to the point of needing it so she gave me the Hydro med. I need to get some Gatorade, I hear alotttt of people going through WD say that Gatorade helps. I think it has something to do with electrlytes. But when you geta chance look up those meds that I was prescribed and it will explain the effects of helping while going through WD. When I was a little girl I'll never forget I was scared to drink Gatorade because my aunt told me that it was sweat from different people and they added flavor to it. So just the thought of them going around gathering people sweat I was confused as a child as to why would they do that. Then i got older and developed a little more common sense LOL. But I wanna get some of that also. Thanks sweetheart. Youre so thoughtful.

Hey sunshine careful with the clonidine yet another addictive drug, just my two cents.. Stay Strong for Today.

Hey there, today is day 9 of going CT. I slept so long this morning that I didnt take my meds to help with the WD and man o man, I felt it. So that let's me know it's still there. I immediately to the Gabapentin and the Hydroxyzine and 1 tramadol and I felt better. I'm just hoping the legendary 2 weeks that everyone says is the worst will be over in that time. If I can stand the past 9 days I can definitely do 5 more and I'm hoping and praying that the worst that is hiding behind the meds will finally be over. Ill come back on day 14 and give an update. May God bless us and save us all and take care.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinelady74 View Post
    Hey there, today is day 9 of going CT. I slept so long this morning that I didnt take my meds to help with the WD and man o man, I felt it. So that let's me know it's still there. I immediately to the Gabapentin and the Hydroxyzine and 1 tramadol and I felt better. I'm just hoping the legendary 2 weeks that everyone says is the worst will be over in that time. If I can stand the past 9 days I can definitely do 5 more and I'm hoping and praying that the worst that is hiding behind the meds will finally be over. Ill come back on day 14 and give an update. May God bless us and save us all and take care.
    How much tramadol have you been taking per day and for how long? How much Gabapentin and Hydroxyzine have you been taking daily? Update when you can? God bless us all!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    How much tramadol have you been taking per day and for how long? How much Gabapentin and Hydroxyzine have you been taking daily? Update when you can? God bless us all!
    Hi Ricky 71, Im supposed to take The Gabapentin 3 times a day but I only take it twice. The Hydroxyzine Im supposed to take 4 times a day for anxiety but I take that twice a day as well and the Tramadol I only take 1 a day but I believe its supposed to be 3 or 4 times daily. I really don't want to take the Tramadol but there is a moment throughout the day when I start getting those cravings and that just started like a day or so ago. I honestly thought I was in the clear but apparently it's still got some showing off too do. I'm going to see how long I can withstand not taking anything, just to see how bad the WD really are so that I wont have to take anything after awhile.

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

Hi Sunshine

ChiefChe is offline Senior Member

My apologies Sunshine for the incomplete post. These phones literally have a mind of their own. I've been following your thread & wanted to stop by to let you know how strong & courageous you are for walking this walk. Sending positive energy your way!

Just wanted to chime in on your cocktail w/d mix. I know the others will give the real deal facts. I'm looking forward to see their responses. I used gabapentin & the hydroxyzine uring my w/d. The hydroxyzine my Dr. advised that it was the lowest of the low & didn't need to be taken everyday. Not sure if that was sound but I found it only had mild effects. Still not 100% but don't rely on it. Same with the Gaba. Sounds like you are keeping up to date with the meds so make sure not to keep the gaba around 2 long either & taper it away. NO Tramodol!! That's still an opiate & doing more harm than good.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Love & Light,

~CC

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefChe View Post
    My apologies Sunshine for the incomplete post. These phones literally have a mind of their own. I've been following your thread & wanted to stop by to let you know how strong & courageous you are for walking this walk. Sending positive energy your way!

Just wanted to chime in on your cocktail w/d mix. I know the others will give the real deal facts. I'm looking forward to see their responses. I used gabapentin & the hydroxyzine uring my w/d. The hydroxyzine my Dr. advised that it was the lowest of the low & didn't need to be taken everyday. Not sure if that was sound but I found it only had mild effects. Still not 100% but don't rely on it. Same with the Gaba. Sounds like you are keeping up to date with the meds so make sure not to keep the gaba around 2 long either & taper it away. NO Tramodol!! That's still an opiate & doing more harm than good.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Love & Light,

~CC
    Hi there ChiefChe, You are absolutely right. Today is my 11th day and I was starting to think ok maybe I have developed a tolerance for the meds now because I'm starting to feel weird and last night or this morning however you look at it, around 3am I woke up and my blanket was drenched in sweat, a blanket. That was my first time ever in life experiencing night sweats like that. What causes night sweats? But you're right its starting to do mild work. I am trying to do anything to not go through hell. I'm trying to be courageous but that stupid shaky feeling comes every now and again. When I first went CT the first 7 or 8 days I felt like Superwoman. Don't know if the meds are slacking but you best believe I'm on my way to the pharmacy for my prescription for Baclofine. I do realize the Tramadol is an opiate but I'm only human and I need something to take the edge off. I only take 1 a day, I am out of them now because they only give you enough for 7 days from the ER. I don't wanna take anything that will make me sick. I just don't wanna deal with any WD. Thanks for chiming in ChiefChe. We're gonna get through this and thanks for posting on my thread. Any help from you or anyone is Always appreciated. Be Blessed and have a great day.

Hello sunshine, this is just my two cents if that's worth anything. From my experience it seems your just replacing one drug for another. You said your taking all those meds only for fear of going through withdrawals. You have to really want this, be clean..I feel your prolonging going through withdrawals. We abused drugs for so long, are bodies need time to heal and repair itself. No easy was out I assure you,but one I will never forget. I know that one pill will lead me on a downward spiral. Every day I tell myself I will not use no matter what....there is no magic pill. we didn't get this way in one day so it takes time.. Stay Strong for Today..
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Psilver063 is offline Member

Hey sunshine I just read through your thread (probably 75%). and I want to chime in. Definetly stear clear of the Tramadol. Highly highly addictive and it will slow your wd down. It will also give you a false sense of security and could lead to problems. It has SSRI properties so it acts as a antidepressant as well as an opiate. Clonidine is great for the hot flashes, sweats and crawling skin but use it cautiously. It can bottom out your bp and when you stop taking it in a few weeks you can get rebound hypertension with blood pressure through the roof. The sweats are caused by our sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight response) and it's your adrenals pumping out norepi in response to the chemical imbalance. That's why the clonidine works. It suppresses that from happening. Hot flashes are due to the hypothalamus in the brain going a little bit bonkers. It regulates temperature, currently it is imbalanced and you go from hot to cold constantly. I found learning the science behind this stuff makes me feel more at ease. Knowing it isn't permenant and just your bodies way of getting back to normal function. Stick with it and you'll feel better in no time. I'm currently tapering of Suboxone getting closer and closer daily. Tapering was definetly the best option for me but the lower i go the more I just want to jump and get this behind me. Good luck..

Hello sunshine checking in to see how your doing, update when you can.. Stay Strong for Today..

Hello all, just wanna give an update. today is day 14 and I end up going to the ER due to EXTREME nausea...I have never felt anything like it. Soo far all the WD symptoms besides the nausea are gone. I'm assuming that it's due to taking the Gabapentin and Baclofen together. Before I picked up the Baclofen prescription I never got sick or any type of nausea. That's the only thing I can think of. I couldn't take it early this morning around 4 am I jumped in the shower and was about to call 911 but my mom said she would rather take me. They gave me a medication that began with an N but I dont remember the exact name but whatever it was it didn't work. The nurse told me I would feel relief within 10 minutes but 45 minutes had passed and I was still sick if not worse. They then ordered another nausea med that began with an R and again because I was so sick I couldnt remember the name but that one actually worked. I am really trying to fight this but it's very annoying when you think youve stumbled over one hill just to encounter another one. i know this will be done before I know it but I'm sick of it. I can say that according to a lot of others i'm doing amazing because I've heard some horror stories. But to experience only nausea at 2 weeks is golden compared to what I've heard. but I would rather trade that nausea for another symptom rally. One more thing I wanna add is that when she shot me with that second nausea med...it made my anxiety shoot through the roof. I actually pulled the IV out just so i can walk out the hospital to get some fresh air. I went ballistic. So right now everything's back to normal and I think it's only natural that while going through this we actually wait on the next symptom. All in all I'm doing ok. I wanna once again thank everyone for their suggestions and support. We are all in this together. Hopefully my experience can help someone as others have helped mine. Lvg Nghtmare, Ricky71, ChiefChe and others you all have been wonderful and I don't ever wanna lose you guys please stay in my corner and help me stay strong. Love you guys.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks so much for explaining that I really appreciate it and definitely understand a little more of how these things operate and cause other thing to function and malfunction. thanks so much, now I have a little more better understanding.

Autumnhopes is offline Member

Hello all, just wanna give an update. today is day 14 and I end up going to the ER due to EXTREME nausea...I have never felt anything like it. Soo far all the WD symptoms besides the nausea are gone. I'm assuming that it's due to taking the Gabapentin and Baclofen together. Before I picked up the Baclofen prescription I never got sick or any type of nausea. That's the only thing I can think of. I couldn't take it early this morning around 4 am I jumped in the shower and was about to call 911 but my mom said she would rather take me. They gave me a medication that began with an N but I dont remember the exact name but whatever it was it didn't work. The nurse told me I would feel relief within 10 minutes but 45 minutes had passed and I was still sick if not worse. They then ordered another nausea med that began with an R and again because I was so sick I couldnt remember the name but that one actually worked. I am really trying to fight this but it's very annoying when you think youve stumbled over one hill just to encounter another one. i know this will be done before I know it but I'm sick of it. I can say that according to a lot of others i'm doing amazing because I've heard some horror stories. But to experience only nausea at 2 weeks is golden compared to what I've heard. but I would rather trade that nausea for another symptom rally. One more thing I wanna add is that when she shot me with that second nausea med...it made my anxiety shoot through the roof. I actually pulled the IV out just so i can walk out the hospital to get some fresh air. I went ballistic. So right now everything's back to normal and I think it's only natural that while going through this we actually wait on the next symptom. All in all I'm doing ok. I wanna once again thank everyone for their suggestions and support. We are all in this together. Hopefully my experience can help someone as others have helped mine. Lvg Nghtmare, Ricky71, ChiefChe and others you all have been wonderful and I don't ever wanna lose you guys please stay in my corner and help me stay strong. Love you guys.

Wow!! Sorry sunshine you're going through all the nausea.. I understand that. I'm on day 3... using suboxone though. 4 mgs per day at this point. But the nausea is terrible, fortunately I have Zofran which helps my nausea so much! I take 4 mg tablet of that when it gets bad & clears it right up. That's the only med I find that helps nausea. I hope you feel better soon & keep going in the right direction! You're doing great!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Hey guys, not saying that Im about to do this but what would happen if a person was to get a small dose...would it throw them into deeper withdrawals or will it just take the edge off and won't cause anything major. Reason Im asking, I keep in touch with someone from the clinic and they decided to go cold turkey like myself but they dont have any other meds to help with the symptoms and are now thinking about just getting a small dose. I told her I will try and find out but I dont know what will happen and everyones body is different. If you have any advice it would help. Today is day 15 for me and I feel somewhat ok...This is something that u have to say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" in order to successfully beat.

Hey guys, not saying that Im about to do this but what would happen if a person was to get a small dose...would it throw them into deeper withdrawals or will it just take the edge off and won't cause anything major. Reason Im asking, I keep in touch with someone from the clinic and they decided to go cold turkey like myself but they dont have any other meds to help with the symptoms and are now thinking about just getting a small dose. I told her I will try and find out but I dont know what will happen and everyones body is different. If you have any advice it would help. Today is day 15 for me and I feel somewhat ok...This is something that u have to say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" in order to successfully beat.

Hi Sunshine! I'm not the most qualified person but I would say for myself or any of us struggling...to let the pills go permanently. It's very hard. I know I've said to myself in the past & even now "I could take 1 or 2 pills & it might help me & where I'm at"... but it won't. I need to say goodbye forever. No more pain pills for me. I'm going to have to find other ways to get through my pain conditions etc... even if your friend takes a small dose it's enough, to lure us back. It does with all of us. We're all in the same boat pretty much. But I'm sure Sunshine others will have comments & advice to add. Day 15 is wonderful! Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnhopes View Post
    Hi Sunshine! I'm not the most qualified person but I would say for myself or any of us struggling...to let the pills go permanently. It's very hard. I know I've said to myself in the past & even now "I could take 1 or 2 pills & it might help me & where I'm at"... but it won't. I need to say goodbye forever. No more pain pills for me. I'm going to have to find other ways to get through my pain conditions etc... even if your friend takes a small dose it's enough, to lure us back. It does with all of us. We're all in the same boat pretty much. But I'm sure Sunshine others will have comments & advice to add. Day 15 is wonderful! Congratulations
    Hey there Autumnhopes, I dont think these pills are for pain they are for hypertension and anxiety. The only one may fall in that category is the Gabapentin because its for nerve pain but I dont thin its a narcotic or opiate, atleast I hope. But thanks for your suggestions I will definitely look more into it. I dont take the Baclofen anymore because I swear its the one made me sick. I only take the Gabapentin abd Hydroxy only for now and Im slowly tapering off those because I took 1 Gaba and 2 Hydroxy today. I dont really have cravings for Methadone I just get anxiety now every now and again. My appetite decreases in spells but I sleep thank God.

Ok I understand now Sunshine I know I've heard with Gabapentine u need to taper if you've taken for more then a few weeks. But hydroxyine is not a benzo & should be fine to take a small amount occasionally as needed. Any benzo is not good to take. I took xanax for a month & didn't know anything much about it. I stopped it after only a month & thought I was going to lose my mind. My neighbor found me wandering around outside without knowing who I was. So scary!! I will never take benzodiazepines again. They scared me after that! What a crazy situation. But it's scary what drugs can do to us... anyway keep up the good work!

Hello sunshine your doing awesome. Congratulations. As far as your question One pill too many thousand never enough..... Stay Strong for Today....
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12