Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51
Like Tree22Likes
Trying To Quit Methadone Cold Turkey
  1. #1
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default Trying To Quit Methadone Cold Turkey

    Hello, although I have read some of the threads on this site, I haven't found one that will answer my question so if someone reading this can please give me some advice I would be most appreciative. I have been on MMT for 4 years now and I am at 95 mgs. I took my last dose on May 31, 2017 and decided to go cold turkey. Day 1 and 2 were fine, I had no problems sleeping or feeling any sickness. Come day 3 i started feeling a little weird but it was bearable. Come day 4 I thought I was gonna die, and this came from nowhere. Someone gave me a few 50 mgs of Tramadol to cope with the withdrawals. So on day 4 I took a total of 200 mgs of Tramadol and it helped but around 4am leading to day 5 I felt sick and I took 1 Tramadol and it helped. The morning of day 5 around 7 am, I automatically took 200 mgs of Tramadol so that I wouldn't get sick later on. Around 6pm on day 5 I felt like a new person. Sorry that I didn't mention that at this point I couldn't eat either but day 5 that night I ate a small portion of food. Now coming into day 6 around 2am til 5am was the worse insomnia I ever experienced. I took some Methocarbamol 750 mgs and good gracious I woke up around 7am and felt like I was going to die. I don't know if the Methocarbamol is interacting with the Tramadol but I end up giving in and going to the treatment center around 9am and getting a 65 mg dose. After all that being said I still want to kick this habit but i took it upon myself to go and get some methadone to take the edge off seriously. I tried so hard but I thought I was gonna die. Now that I've taken that dose on Methadone on day 6, will that kick my withdrawals back to the beginning or am I still in the clear to try to keep detoxing? I also want to mention that I haven't seen any sign of diarrhea sine any of this. So 2 questions, Will I be starting all over because of taking that dose and if I don't have diarrhea does that mean the Methadone is no where near out of my system? If anyone has had experience with relapse after cold turkey and/or has any input from someone they know with a similiar issue please help. I have to mention I don't have any insurance so going to a real detox treatment is out of the question. I am just so tired of the Methadone hold that is over me and I want my life back. Thanks in advance for those who respond

  2. #2
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshinelady74 View Post
    Hello, although I have read some of the threads on this site, I haven't found one that will answer my question so if someone reading this can please give me some advice I would be most appreciative. I have been on MMT for 4 years now and I am at 95 mgs. I took my last dose on May 31, 2017 and decided to go cold turkey. Day 1 and 2 were fine, I had no problems sleeping or feeling any sickness. Come day 3 i started feeling a little weird but it was bearable. Come day 4 I thought I was gonna die, and this came from nowhere. Someone gave me a few 50 mgs of Tramadol to cope with the withdrawals. So on day 4 I took a total of 200 mgs of Tramadol and it helped but around 4am leading to day 5 I felt sick and I took 1 Tramadol and it helped. The morning of day 5 around 7 am, I automatically took 200 mgs of Tramadol so that I wouldn't get sick later on. Around 6pm on day 5 I felt like a new person. Sorry that I didn't mention that at this point I couldn't eat either but day 5 that night I ate a small portion of food. Now coming into day 6 around 2am til 5am was the worse insomnia I ever experienced. I took some Methocarbamol 750 mgs and good gracious I woke up around 7am and felt like I was going to die. I don't know if the Methocarbamol is interacting with the Tramadol but I end up giving in and going to the treatment center around 9am and getting a 65 mg dose. After all that being said I still want to kick this habit but i took it upon myself to go and get some methadone to take the edge off seriously. I tried so hard but I thought I was gonna die. Now that I've taken that dose on Methadone on day 6, will that kick my withdrawals back to the beginning or am I still in the clear to try to keep detoxing? I also want to mention that I haven't seen any sign of diarrhea sine any of this. So 2 questions, Will I be starting all over because of taking that dose and if I don't have diarrhea does that mean the Methadone is no where near out of my system? If anyone has had experience with relapse after cold turkey and/or has any input from someone they know with a similiar issue please help. I have to mention I don't have any insurance so going to a real detox treatment is out of the question. I am just so tired of the Methadone hold that is over me and I want my life back. Thanks in advance for those who respond
    A couple things that I know for a fact about methadone? Methadone is one of the worst and hardest opiates to detox from! Methadone has a very long half-life so withdrawals don't usually start to kick in until several days after your last dose! Jumping from 95mg of methadone is insane and the withdrawals will be very, very intense and last a very, very long time! The best way to get off methadone is an extremely slow taper all the way down to zero. Another way is to taper down to around 30mg/day and then make the switch to suboxone. Suboxone is much easier and quicker to taper down from!

    I would not recommend that you try to quit methadone cold turkey especially at how much you're taking! Taking meds like tramadol or other opiates to take the edge off is not the answer and you'll only be trading one addiction for another!

    There are a few members that I know here that have successfully gotten off of methadone. I will send them a link to your thread and hopefully they will stop by soon to chime in? Hang in there and keep us updated? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

  3. #3
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    A couple things that I know for a fact about methadone? Methadone is one of the worst and hardest opiates to detox from! Methadone has a very long half-life so withdrawals don't usually start to kick in until several days after your last dose! Jumping from 95mg of methadone is insane and the withdrawals will be very, very intense and last a very, very long time! The best way to get off methadone is an extremely slow taper all the way down to zero. Another way is to taper down to around 30mg/day and then make the switch to suboxone. Suboxone is much easier and quicker to taper down from!

    I would not recommend that you try to quit methadone cold turkey especially at how much you're taking! Taking meds like tramadol or other opiates to take the edge off is not the answer and you'll only be trading one addiction for another!

    There are a few members that I know here that have successfully gotten off of methadone. I will send them a link to your thread and hopefully they will stop by soon to chime in? Hang in there and keep us updated? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    You can read through these threads? You can also leave them a post with any questions and/or concerns you have?

    https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...ump-65786.html

    https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...too-66497.html

    https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...tml#post529373

    I hope these threads can help you in some way? Take care... God bless us all!
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  4. #4
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hello sunshine, I quit cold turkey from massive amounts of methadone, I could have never tapered. For me I abused drugs all my life,40 years,with that said I can honestly tell methadone is awful,but I'm now over 7 months clean. So you can do it if you really want this,you have to really want this for yourself. There are several options you can choose, quit cold turkey, taper off the Methadone, or go the sub route, the decision is yours, right now your really not doing it coldturkey your substituting with other Narcotics. For me the withdrawals didn't begin for 7 days, than I felt like I was going to die, but I assure you that you won't, you will feel like your dying.. so do you have a doctor that will help you with your plan going forward. Let us know on what you decide. There is plenty of support here. Be well.
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  5. #5
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Thanks Ricky71 for the advice. It's gonna be hard for me to taper down due to my financial situation, that's another reason I tried cold turkey. The clinic I go to allows you a credit for dosing if you don't have the money that day but of course you have to pay it back. I really don't wanna go through the horrible withdrawals that I've already suffered. I know everyone's body is different and reacts accordingly but I am so scared of what i am gonna face knowing what I've faced already. This is crazy. I cant blame anyone but myself but I wish there was an easier way out. this drug has got to be a demonic spirit. Never in my life have I been in a situation as hard as getting off methadone. I drank alcohol before so much that when I walked in the liquor store the clerk had my bottle ready to be rang up. I was able to quit drinking with no problem. I smoked marijuana for years and quit just like that. I've done cocaine and was able to quit just like that but this is entirely different, like it's in a superdope class of its own. Again I thank you for the advice, I just hope I can be strong willed like a few people here.

  6. #6
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hello sunshine, I quit cold turkey from massive amounts of methadone, I could have never tapered. For me I abused drugs all my life,40 years,with that said I can honestly tell methadone is awful,but I'm now over 7 months clean. So you can do it if you really want this,you have to really want this for yourself. There are several options you can choose, quit cold turkey, taper off the Methadone, or go the sub route, the decision is yours, right now your really not doing it coldturkey your substituting with other Narcotics. For me the withdrawals didn't begin for 7 days, than I felt like I was going to die, but I assure you that you won't, you will feel like your dying.. so do you have a doctor that will help you with your plan going forward. Let us know on what you decide. There is plenty of support here. Be well.
    I wanna thank you as well for your advice and support. let me ask you, at what point did you feel ok after you went cold turkey. And I'm so glad to see someone who was successful from going cold turkey and alive lol, because I do feel like I'm on the edge of death some moments. When will this stop?

  7. #7
    survivalist is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Hi sunshine, hopefully this will be over sooner. You have to stay strong in the meantime and trust your methadone. Choose whats best for you and doc is the best person to ask..Good Luck!!

  8. #8
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hey sunshine, Every one of us was scared, the withdrawals are awful but it's a process we all have to pay. I did and learned from it all. I don't have it in me to start day one it would be the death of me. I was prepared Mentally and physically to quit cold turkey. I wanted my life back, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. The running, chasing, worrying about running out all the time. Yes I made it through the wd's and I promise you will not die from methadone wd's. Here in Florida when you go to jail,they do not give you anything you suffer through it all no comfort meds. You will not die from methadone. I'm not sure about all the other meds you have and have not mentioned,I know benzos have to be tapered. Let us know your plan going forward we are here to support you.. Stay strong for today..
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  9. #9
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by survivalist View Post
    Hi sunshine, hopefully this will be over sooner. You have to stay strong in the meantime and trust your methadone. Choose whats best for you and doc is the best person to ask..Good Luck!!
    Thanks for your support as well, and yes I will be speaking with my doctor because I actually went today and signed up for a low income insurance plan that my county hospital has a program for. I will be going and explaining to the doctor my issues and hopefully it wouldn't be a problem for her to prescribe me the Clonidine that I keep hearing everyone talk about. I went today and got another dose because I really have to be mentally prepared for this as well as physical.

  10. #10
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hey sunshine, Every one of us was scared, the withdrawals are awful but it's a process we all have to pay. I did and learned from it all. I don't have it in me to start day one it would be the death of me. I was prepared Mentally and physically to quit cold turkey. I wanted my life back, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. The running, chasing, worrying about running out all the time. Yes I made it through the wd's and I promise you will not die from methadone wd's. Here in Florida when you go to jail,they do not give you anything you suffer through it all no comfort meds. You will not die from methadone. I'm not sure about all the other meds you have and have not mentioned,I know benzos have to be tapered. Let us know your plan going forward we are here to support you.. Stay strong for today..
    Thanks for explaining that also because that's definitely one of my biggest fears is that I will die because of how sick it makes you feel. Like I said I know all of our bodies are different and it depends on how long you've been taking the methadone and any other drugs can be a factor also, but how long did it take you before you felt somewhat ok? Even though our body chemistry is different, i was just curious as to how long before you were somewhat functional? Due to the fact that you mentioned using around 40 years. I would imagine that was extremely hard but I'm so glad you made it. I thank you for your kind words and support. I just have to really get myself ready for this nightmare ride. One thing I try not to get angry at people who don't understand how it feels because they are just ignorant to the fact of being in a severe state of withdrawals, so it's easy for outsiders to say it's all in your mind. Although i do believe your mind is a powerful tool and some things are able to be controlled like for example when i went to get my dose yesterday, I instantly felt better because I knew I was going to get my dose. I really have to develop the mentality of wanting this to be over with because if not the anxiety will kick in because you're worrying about how you're gonna feel on top of how long. Sorry to be so long winded, but again, how long was it before you started to feel somewhat ok? And I would like to say again I truly from the bottom of my heart thank you your suggestions and support. The fact that you understand what I'm going through makes me feel more grateful than you can imagine. Im so glad you made it through and I wanna get to where you are sooner than later.

  11. #11
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hey sunshine I just wanted to respond quickly but will check back in later. It sounds like your on liquid methadone,do you or can you get take homes? How many" ml" are you dosing at now..Read my thread from day one pretty much tells you my nightmare.lol. Stay strong for Today...
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  12. #12
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hey sunshine I just wanted to respond quickly but will check back in later. It sounds like your on liquid methadone,do you or can you get take homes? How many" ml" are you dosing at now..Read my thread from day one pretty much tells you my nightmare.lol. Stay strong for Today...
    Hey Lvg nghtmare,

    I just reviewed most of your posts and OMG, Do you need a roommate? LOL...You are such an inspiration and I also read your post about the breakdown of explaining gates and I was blown away because it has never been explained to me that way or anyway similar. I really think God brought me to this site for a reason and I'm so glad that I was able to run across your thread. To answer your question about my dosing from earlier. Yes, I get the liquid methadone and I'm at 95 mgs, and I receive take homes whenever I'm able to afford them. I have an appointment next week and I am going to try to get a prescription for Clonidine. According to those with WD experience, this med really helps with WD. I honestly don't wanna be on any medication but I just hate that feeling. If these withdrawals only lasted a week like some people say, I could do that standing on my head because everyday i will be looking forward to the next. But I'm assuming these people who feel better in 3-7 days must have been on 1mg because I don't see how that's possible. Even if I knew in 2 weeks I would be better it would give me motivation but I gotta be honest Im scared of feeling like this for SEVERAL MONTHS. Although I brought all this on myself I still feel as if I'm going through hell already, like gimme a break. But I really have to be prepared for cold turkey because its not easy. However I am so Blessed to have found a support system such as yourself and others that are willing. Also I have been on 95mgs of liquid for about 2 years total and I've never went higher than that. Thanks for your response and support. Please stick with me. I know I'll beat this sooner than later.

  13. #13
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hey sunshine, Are you going to taper with takehomes, or cold turkey. Let me know,here by your side when you're ready...You got this! Stay strong for Today..
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  14. #14
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hello sunshine, what's your plan going forward..
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  15. #15
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hello sunshine, what's your plan going forward..
    Hey there,

    I've been a little busy past couple days, sorry for the late response. I have an appointment next week with my doctor. I just renewed my state provided ins so Im gonna speak to the doctor about Clonidine. i don't wanna use Tramadol or anything else that will be like switching from one drug to the next. I realize before going complete cold turkey, I have to be not only mentally prepared but physically prepared. There is no way that I'm gonna be able to quit cold after taking 95 mgs for the past couple years. So I hope that with a prescription for Clonidine and some immodium and multivitamins that I can deal with this better than I tried before. I hope that this only takes 30 days or so. I am so scared like I said earlier because of the horror stories from others. And that feeling that I had day 6 was like death and if I have to feel like that more than a week, it's scary. I just want to make sure I have all the necessary equipment for this hurricane. I just want this to be over sooner than later. I thank you for your advice and support. I will continue to check in and let you know whats going on with my progress. Please pray for me and again stay with me ....I only took 30 mgs of 'done today and I have a take home so I will split it up to tie me over till I get a prescription and began cold turkey the right way. I'll continue to update..Thanks so much

  16. #16
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hey sunshine, Sounds as if you're getting everything prepped for the hurricane,just remember everyone is different could be a light drizzle that passes quickly,. Praying for you. Just tell me when you are ready. Stay Strong for Today..
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  17. #17
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshinelady74 View Post
    Hey there,

    I've been a little busy past couple days, sorry for the late response. I have an appointment next week with my doctor. I just renewed my state provided ins so Im gonna speak to the doctor about Clonidine. i don't wanna use Tramadol or anything else that will be like switching from one drug to the next. I realize before going complete cold turkey, I have to be not only mentally prepared but physically prepared. There is no way that I'm gonna be able to quit cold after taking 95 mgs for the past couple years. So I hope that with a prescription for Clonidine and some immodium and multivitamins that I can deal with this better than I tried before. I hope that this only takes 30 days or so. I am so scared like I said earlier because of the horror stories from others. And that feeling that I had day 6 was like death and if I have to feel like that more than a week, it's scary. I just want to make sure I have all the necessary equipment for this hurricane. I just want this to be over sooner than later. I thank you for your advice and support. I will continue to check in and let you know whats going on with my progress. Please pray for me and again stay with me ....I only took 30 mgs of 'done today and I have a take home so I will split it up to tie me over till I get a prescription and began cold turkey the right way. I'll continue to update..Thanks so much
    sunshine - I still strongly recommend that not try to quit the methadone cold turkey if at all possible? I know that you want to be done with this med but the cold turkey detox from the amount you're on is going to be extremely hard on you both physically and emotionally! Is there anything that you can figure out financially so that you can continue with the methadone to slowly taper?

    If you absolutely have to quit the methadone cold turkey then you can try using the items in the Thomas Recipe for Opiate Withdrawal, here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html
    You can use all the items in the Thomas Recipe except for the benzos. Benzos are very addictive and they can become a problem very quickly so it's best to avoid them all together!

    The Clonidine can help with opiate withdrawals but you'll have to be careful with that med as well, there is a risk for dependency and addiction. You'll want to taper the clonidine to avoid any withdrawals.

    Whatever you decide to do I wish you the very best of luck. Keep us updated on everything? Take care... God bless us all!
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  18. #18
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hey Sunshine, I agree with Ricky about the Clonidine. Everyone is different the withdrawal process depending on length and amount of use. Methadone is a beast for sure. Ricky is absolutely correct physically probably 2weeks of severe flu like symptoms, than Mentally are brains have to heal. Getting face to face support will help you through to a new clean you. I'm on another forum, one guy tapered from 80 mg habit over 10 years to 20mg than jumped 2weeks in the worst is over just lack of sleep and energy slowly coming back, another is 11months clean and is slow going but happy not to be chained to the clinic. Maybe stock up take homes and taper down before the jump, I have no self control and could not taper,but there are several options you can choose. I would exhaust all options before switching one med for another. Either way it's sounds like your getting your ducks in a row, We are all here to support you..
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  19. #19
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Thanks guys, I am so glad that you shared this additional info. The only problem is that financially it is impossible for me to taper down. I would love to taper down but that's still $16 daily that I can't afford. I really wish I would've known about Methadone before I even got on it because of Oxys but moving forward I honestly have no choice. It brings tears to my eyes how the Government can produce such a drug knowing it's after affects. But hey, they don't care. I am more than certain they have an antidote for this mess. One lady said she found some program(Never gave us the name) but she said they told her there is a one day cure for Methadone Withdrawals and it's $15,000....I can't even afford the damn $16 daily, so I know I cant afford $15,000. This is the absolute worse. Only other option I have is going to Crisis. But I'm really trying to be positive and stay hopeful. I really do appreciate the concern fellas, but what else can I do with no money?

  20. #20
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hello sunshine, There is no Quick Fix, we all here would have found it by now. I to said and did the same as you trying to justify continuingly using. First I was afraid of the withdrawals,they came and went. I didn't have money to taper,to get clean, But I sure found a way to keep using. With all that said You have to really want this for yourself. Take it from me the Addiction,the use,the running and chasing is a dead end repeative cycle. If you want to be clean the choice is yours to make. Will be here for you. Let me know what you decide..
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  21. #21
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I understand and you are absolutely right. I decided not to continue using the Tramadol because I don't wanna get on another drug to get of one. that's how I ended up on Methadone. I know going cold turkey is dangerous and on that 6th day when i thought I was gonna die, I was wondering if that was the worst of it. Although i gave in that day and went to the clinic, I still wanna try it again. The reason for me going cold turkey is because not only am I tired of being on methadone but i no longer have the money. I have been trying to get friends and family to purchase things that are apart of the Thomas Recipe and so far I have the B-12 Vitamins, The Multivitamins, the L-Tyrosine and I just need the clonidine. I only have to pay $5 for a prescription in my area so that's why I wanted to research this time instead of just going cold turkey with no type of help. I am very grateful for the support but when I get alone in my room and I'm laying there hurting nothing can take that away. I'm setting myself up for this nightmare and I know that's what it's gonna be. But the more I prolong it, the more I'm being pushed back from recovery. I wanna get this over with and if I wouldn't have given in on the 6th, I would've been at least 10 days in. I'm tired of procrastinating and want my life back seriously. I will update on my progress. My biggest fear is death to be honest. but reading your threads I am so inspired by you and I know I can do this. I thank you so much for being here for me.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  22. #22
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Just an update, I am now on my second day of CT once again. This time I am better prepared for whatever I am gonna experience, I hope. I went to the doctor and she didn't give me any Clonidine because my pressure wasn't high enough for her to feel it was needed. She gave me Hydroxyzine instead. I still have Clonidine from a friend just in case. I have a few different vitamins and tomorrow I get some Baclofen and Gabapentin that was prescribed to me. The only thing I'm experiencing right now is extreme gas. Not to be so blunt but it won't come out either end, so the most I'm worried about right now is spontaneously combusting. I did come across another thread and the OP made alot of sense though. She was explaing how she went from 16 mgs of Methadone and stopped CT and everyone was saying that she was gonna go through hell and different people were adding on. But she said something that made so much sense. Not verbatim but basically she was saying, everyones body id different and what one person may go through another person may not. Instead of asking everyone the "How Long" question just ride it out. It is a bit discouraging sometimes when you run across a poster that says they had their WD for 6 months oppose to others who say it took 30 days and then on rare occasions over years. I do know personally that some of these symptoms are psychosomatic and will worsen if you're "craving" or "worrying" about how and if and when you'ere gonna feel after a while. On that 6th day when I tried CT the last time, my spirits became immediately uplifted when I was on my way to the clinic. I still felt a lil weird after my dose but I was laying in bed crying because of that crave. This is going to be as hard as I make it. Also, I don't know about anyone else but as for me I am also a firm believer in The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit. With that being said, I know it's probably gonna be ruff but it will be over before I know it. I have to really train my brain to forget about the damn clinic and dosing and just go on with my life. Before I know it 30 days then 60 days then next year will be here. I don't wanna be held back any further, Im ready to move on with my life and chalk it up and be strong. As far as going CT IT CAN BE DONE, especially if you have the right medication and the right resources and the right support and you're simply FED UP. I may be feeling like this now and it may get a hell of alot worse but I have to keep climbing. I thank you Lvg nghtmare for your continued support and I wish you the best of luck as well. I want to still here from you when you get on here to let me know how you're doing also. You have been a great inspiration and another reason I know in my heart this CAN BE DONE. [I] am gonna beat this Devil with the help of My God as well as meds and support. I believe in it and I believe in myself. I will update on the 6th day since that was the worse last time. Thanks
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-14-2017 at 06:28 PM.

  23. #23
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshinelady74 View Post
    Just an update, I am now on my second day of CT once again. This time I am better prepared for whatever I am gonna experience, I hope. I went to the doctor and she didn't give me any Clonidine because my pressure wasn't high enough for her to feel it was needed. She gave me Hydroxyzine instead. I still have Clonidine from a friend just in case. I have a few different vitamins and tomorrow I get some Baclofen and Gabapentin that was prescribed to me. The only thing I'm experiencing right now is extreme gas. Not to be so blunt but it won't come out either end, so the most I'm worried about right now is spontaneously combusting. I did come across another thread and the OP made alot of sense though. She was explaing how she went from 16 mgs of Methadone and stopped CT and everyone was saying that she was gonna go through hell and different people were adding on. But she said something that made so much sense. Not verbatim but basically she was saying, everyones body id different and what one person may go through another person may not. Instead of asking everyone the "How Long" question just ride it out. It is a bit discouraging sometimes when you run across a poster that says they had their WD for 6 months oppose to others who say it took 30 days and then on rare occasions over years. I do know personally that some of these symptoms are psychosomatic and will worsen if you're "craving" or "worrying" about how and if and when you'ere gonna feel after a while. On that 6th day when I tried CT the last time, my spirits became immediately uplifted when I was on my way to the clinic. I still felt a lil weird after my dose but I was laying in bed crying because of that crave. This is going to be as hard as I make it. Also, I don't know about anyone else but as for me I am also a firm believer in The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit. With that being said, I know it's probably gonna be ruff but it will be over before I know it. I have to really train my brain to forget about the damn clinic and dosing and just go on with my life. Before I know it 30 days then 60 days then next year will be here. I don't wanna be held back any further, Im ready to move on with my life and chalk it up and be strong. As far as going CT IT CAN BE DONE, especially if you have the right medication and the right resources and the right support and you're simply FED UP. I may be feeling like this now and it may get a hell of alot worse but I have to keep climbing. I thank you Lvg nghtmare for your continued support and I wish you the best of luck as well. I want to still here from you when you get on here to let me know how you're doing also. You have been a great inspiration and another reason I know in my heart this CAN BE DONE. [I] am gonna beat this Devil with the help of My God as well as meds and support. I believe in it and I believe in myself. I will update on the 6th day since that was the worse last time. Thanks
    YOU CAN DO THIS! Stay STRONG and stay POSITIVE! Best of luck to you! Keep us posted? God bless us all!
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  24. #24
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hey sunshine. So Proud of you. Just think of it like you have the flu, this will pass before you know it. What really helped me is Plenty of water tons of water will help flush your system of all the toxins.. When I thought I was going to die every one here helped push me through. The people on this forum saved my Life... keep reading and posting keep your mind occupied ,don't watch the time.... Stay Strong for Today. I will check in on you tomorrow...
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  25. #25
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,476

    Default

    Hello sunshine, Checking in on you. What helped me with stomach issues was immoudium, life saver for sure. So we are on round 3 make it to the bell no KO for you.. Stay strong for Today..
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  26. #26
    Edwinamoose is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi. Saw this and had to reply. I'm on day 6 coming off opiats. Convinced I would die since day 3. No runs now. Stomachs not on fire. No appetite. No sleep.i manage to sleep an hour a night but wake terrified knowing it's still not over. Been through we before 11 years ago. Had drink problem. Bottle vodka a day. Never thought this would happen again. Forcing milkshake and bananas down me. Start to think I feel better then night comes and I get so anxious think my hearts going to pack in. Hope that too stops soon. You are not alone and we have to hang in . It's just the fear of when will it stop and will things get better. Had a great life after kicked drink . Been stupid. Just needed something for my tension and got out of hand. Hope you're over the worst. It can be done but the mental stuff tries to tell us otherwise. Good luck. Not alone
    sunshinelady74 likes this.

  27. #27
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Hello, although I said I was gonna update on the 6th day I just wanted to chime in to give you all a quick one. I said it before and I believe in the power of prayer and medications as well. I want you to know I haven't had any methadone for 5 days and I feel amazing, no BS. What I did was the week before I was gonna go CT again I took a daily regime of vitamins to make them build up in my system. Again everbody's body is different. I don't wanna toot my own horn or get to happy but I haven't had any severe withdrawal symptoms yet besides a small amount of anxiety(very small). What I did was I took the Gabapentin and the Hydroxyzine together twice a day and when I take them within 30 minutes to an hour I feel like I did before I ever got on the original opiates. These meds are amazing and I hope it stays like this for atleast a couple weeks then I'll take a day without to see how I feel but for now I'm good. I dont know what the rest of the days will bring but Im scared nevertheless. I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for your support.

    P.S. my appetite is normal and I sleep good every night
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-17-2017 at 12:58 PM.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

  28. #28
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I just wanted to add something for those who feel that bringing religion into this is a bunch of BS, Let me tell you what happened and regardless of how anyone feels I will stick to my beliefs because i believe in The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. When I first quit CT I prayed like crazy and I just knew that Jesus heard me and I was gonna be fine, because I had never went through withdrawals. Everyday for the past 8 years i have had access to Opiates(Oxys, Roxy's) Cocaine, Weed and Percocets(unless theyre oxys's) LOL. Anyway I had never imagined getting off until I started getting on Methadone in 2012 to suppress my cravings because the pill man, who was also my "friend" would give me free dope. So i never imagined being without it because we was always together and no matter what I knew I was gonna have those pills. One day he got jammed up and I thought I was gonna die. I was looking everywhere for pills. I even tried Ecstasy, big mistake I was driving down the street getting out at every stop light thinking my tires were flat. I know people probably thought I was crazy but anyway I needed that medication at this point so I wouldnt be sick, I then found a Methadone clinic. Got the liquid and it kept me feeling like I newborn. Then I got to this point and had to stop. After i prayed during my first CT i felt so >>>>ty and I was mad at God and was like please you act like you dont hear me. I was pleading Him to forgive me for using drugs period or any mind altering substance instead of going to Him with my problems in the first place, so I felt this was punishment plus who am I to escape withdrawal symptoms when a million people are going through the same thing, then i felt like ok i'll just suffer through WD because its my punishment. then the true ME said >>>> That, I dont wanna go through this >>>> and other people have their way and I will have mine. So last week after I was praying once again, I got up and started cleaning my paper drawer in my room and found a prescription for Gabapentin and I kept thinking, where have I heard the word GABA before. I had did so much research that I ran across an article online about withdrawals and how the neurotransmitters are affected by opiates and I looked up the medication and read up on it and was to the pharmacy quicker than you can blink your eyes. I took it on the 3rd day of CT and I took it with the Hydroxyzine that I got a day earlier and I felt ok and I was thinking its not working its just that i got so much Methadone in my system and thats why I dont feel different. Next day and the next which is today I still feel nothing major. Last time I quit CT by the 4th day I was battered so I just knew I was gonna hit that hurricane by now but I really believe that prayer changes things. I dont even like cleaning up that paper drawer and had no intentions to clean it out that day it was like something made me and I found it and it has helped. Whether or not you believe in prayer thats how I experienced it and still experiencing. So sorry for the long winded paragraph, but I will definitely update day 7 and 8. Thanks again for everyone's support. Good Luck and may God bless us all.

    And i also wanna mention last time I quit CT by the 4th day I had NO appetite whatsoever, I still have my appetite and I sleep good. The main thing is that I'm also trying to ignore it and go on with my life. I watch my favorite shows and i love listening to music and I try to get alot of fresh air and I know this helps. I refuse to let Methadone take over my life. like I said right now I feel great and Im gonna stay focused on the positive. There are sometimes when laying in bed wondering is something gonna hit soon and I need to stop because its like Im banking on feeling WD and Im not. I hope it stays like this till its all over.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-17-2017 at 01:43 PM.

  29. #29
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    OMG thanks Lvg ngtmare, because I drink sodas daily. I dont wanna ever have to go through soda WD LOL. But now that you mentioned that water takes away the toxins I will def do that as well. let me ask you, will it matter if I add those little favor pouches? Or is it better to be just fresh spring or purified water. My family last name should be Zephyrhills because they drink it like its gonna discontinue in 10 minutes. I am the ONLY one who cant stand water. When I drink it its like Im forcing myself, like i have to pinch my nose because it has no flavor. But thanks for the advice, I will try to drink alot. Now thats the scary part LOL. Thanks so much, youre such a good friend I just love and appreciate your support and everyone else thats going through this with me thanks.

  30. #30
    sunshinelady74 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Have a Happy Fathers Day to all fathers and their fathers and their fathers fathers.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-17-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Finally quit cold turkey
    By duran386 in forum Need to Talk?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-25-2017, 10:08 PM
  2. Quit Buprenorphine cold turkey. Help
    By zookie in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-18-2016, 04:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22