• 2 Post By ntded
  • 2 Post By ntded
  • 1 Post By ntded
  • 1 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By ntded
Unsure What To expect With tapering skip days
    ntded is offline Junior Member

Default Unsure What To expect With tapering skip days

First of all I want to say Thanks To All for stepping out and speaking in theses forums! Many have encouraged me, and didn't even know it. I have posted a couple of times and that's all. I have had an opiat addiction for 6 yrs. Wanted off many times but gave in going CT. Learned about subs and scared to take something new informed myself as much as poss. This site is God sent! Learned Roberts taper regime, incorporated Thomas supplements. Induced at 1.5 mg(scared to find a new habit-so went as low as possible) I have tried to follow Roberts taper almost to the "T". Went as low as. 125 for 4dys. I can't find many stories of people tapering so low then skipping. Or don't know how to look for 'em. Where I'm at:
    4th dy. 125/1mg
    Began 1st day @.0625
    Skip dy(did pretty darn decent-FINISHED-1SKIP DAY DOWN!!!!!)
    Dosed @.0625(set stomach upset,kinda Restless, very tired but pushed through forced 30 min walk and being honest a"roll-the-hay")Texas girl talk
    Skip day......TODAY....(Exhausted! Achy this morn until ibuprofen showed it's wonderful side. Forced about 2hr walk at a national park- not fast paced by any means only periodically racing my 6 yr old....he always won.... poor kid thinks I let him win.
    Getting Very anxious about tomorrows skip day. Anybody, ANYBODY have any experiences at such a low dose skipping???

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there, welcome! Congrats on your taper, that's awesome. I finished mine in August.

Just curious: why did you get down to .125mg and then go back up to .625? Did I misread that? Most people taper pretty low - .25mg and under, then do the skip days. I went down to .15mg before skipping and jumping off.

The purpose of skip days is to allow the half-life to catch up itself. Most people who post here and have done the skip days say that they had a pretty smooth landing. Let me know why you went back up to .625mg. It would be best to get back down to that dose and do your skip days from there.

Kat

Thank you for replying! I'm new at this and I believe it's.0625 of 1mg. It's almost a speck. Don't know if I'm a light weight. 126lbs that it seems so strong,but even with a speck and skip dys I'm having RLS, stomach cramps, and Achy. I certainly hope I have all the dosing right??? Work full time and was afraid I would show any signs of Wd's (small med office) Tweezers needed it's so small. Nobody knows so I'm going this alone.... Well,with all of you only Thanks again.

SORRY I DIDN'T MENTION ....CONGRATULATIONS KAT!!!!! Seen you on the forums going back some. You didn't know but you've encouraged me a lot!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ntded View Post
    Thank you for replying! I'm new at this and I believe it's.0625 of 1mg. It's almost a speck. Don't know if I'm a light weight. 126lbs that it seems so strong,but even with a speck and skip dys I'm having RLS, stomach cramps, and Achy. I certainly hope I have all the dosing right??? Work full time and was afraid I would show any signs of Wd's (small med office) Tweezers needed it's so small. Nobody knows so I'm going this alone.... Well,with all of you only Thanks again.
    Thanks so much. Your last post was really sweet I'm so glad that my story has helped and encouraged you!

My bad, I didn't realize you meant .0625mg. That really is a speck, lol. Yeah, Sub is a very powerful drug so even the tiniest doses still have an effect. You're doing awesome! Some symptoms are to be expected but they should be manageable. Try Hyland's Restful Legs for RLS. Any OTC pain med for aches/pain.

So, tomorrow is the second day of a 2-day skip, right? You can do this. At such a tiny dose, so much of this is a mental/emotional battle. You should have a fairly smooth jump at this point. None of us get off symptom-free...I wish!

Keep posting. We're here for ya!
    Kat

It's 5:30 here and got about 5.5 hrs of sleep, woke 4x's.Going back to sleep wasn't so easy.Heating pad at my legs( husband is unsure what's up with me) I am using the Hylands..... Hmmmm,so so I guess. It takes the edge off. I'm not doing this with ANY script meds. I refused to, that simple bc I'm sick of meds.Don't get me wrong, I've been in much worse hell like CT and broken bones. Every time I woke, I thought " A sliver, just a sliver.... It's for rescue right? " Afraid that I would have to "pay-up" for that sliver..... I didn't. Today is SKIP-2. Have a time demanding full time job. I'm not dieing, and that's what I'm greatful for. Got super glue for my saddle.... Unsure what kind of wild ride :/ Is there a huge difference from a Jump and skip dys?(at such a low dose -damn speck!)

Today's symptoms manageable: slt Achy,periodic chills. It's evening now and nose running just a little with dys symptoms included.( get horrible coughs so hoping it doesn't get worse) sneezing, sneezing, sneezing. Eyes still sore from last nights trouble sleeping. Ok for now,just..... BLAH. Skip 2 Dy......count down begins till morning.

SKIP DAY 2 DOWN!!!! Didn't take a "rescue "! High-five anyone! Whoop, whoop? Dabs? Last night not bad at all. Slept for an hr and a half(1st round ), 4hrs (2nd round), took about 15mins to get back to sleep, my mind wanted to get up already I slept so well. (3rd round) 2 straight sound hrs! So glad I haven't caved. My little one wants to do so much Christmas stuff and it was hard to turn most down last night due to lack of energy. Feel like a bad mom....the Grinch :/ I feel wonderful this morning! Stomach is grumbly, but " It's Alright-Ore-Ida!" tempted to jump,but I know skip dys are there for a reason. Keeping with the regime! I'm taking advantage of today,for tomorrow may hold a >>>>>> one!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Dosed yesterday and it went well. Slept great! Slept from about 9:30-2am. Migraine woke me up ( yeah,those helped get me in this mess). Took ibuprofen, back to sleep in bout 10 mins. Tried not to let my mind wake up fully or pay attention to my legs. Also taking Hylands restful legs....helps. Slept ALLLLLL the way till 6am. Wonderful! Time for L-tyrosine! Finished my cup of coffee ( only one I'll have,does think it plays a role in rls) protein shake an hr later and some vitamins. Full vitamins I take 3 hrs prior to bed. Another skip day! I GOT THIS!!! my song toDay-7eventh time down(Just Say Jesus
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You stay strong, ntded, you are doing AWESOME. Time to start thinking about what you are going to do different this time around and stop the goat rodeos, LOL. Been there myself, so no judgements here, just joking with you!!! You getting some NA/AA in there? We both know getting clean is easy and staying that way is hard.
    Hang tough and stay strong.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Haha....don't even get me started on the other animal rodeos ( wild rides). Sigh....well been thinking long and hard about AA/NA. Well,nobody knows my use,except my mother. She's a user also. She said she was glad I was getting off and questioned me a few times to make sure. I'm pretty strong willed and hard headed. Needless to say,don't think she was concerned considering she figured since I wasn't using I had plenty $for her( yeah right) Had a falling out...ok with me,really. I have STRONG faith in God, Jesus and my strong will has walked me through this. I am afraid if I'm found out by going to AA. I'm the "Mama", sought after every afternoon after work. My husband is a very" John Wayne " kinda guy. Walked into my house with a big gash,with our dogs antibiotic cream,shop towel, and duct tape!! No joke. Asked of I could "clean it up". He speaks of addicts as weak,not knowing one was next to him. I'm very intimidated with the jumped and the future. He has meds around,I'm not at all tempted. Thank God. Unsure about your question....... Thank you for replying to me,I needed it. Tough question for me. Ugh!
    iloerose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ntded View Post
    Haha....don't even get me started on the other animal rodeos ( wild rides). Sigh....well been thinking long and hard about AA/NA. Well,nobody knows my use,except my mother. She's a user also. She said she was glad I was getting off and questioned me a few times to make sure. I'm pretty strong willed and hard headed. Needless to say,don't think she was concerned considering she figured since I wasn't using I had plenty $for her( yeah right) Had a falling out...ok with me,really. I have STRONG faith in God, Jesus and my strong will has walked me through this. I am afraid if I'm found out by going to AA. I'm the "Mama", sought after every afternoon after work. My husband is a very" John Wayne " kinda guy. Walked into my house with a big gash,with our dogs antibiotic cream,shop towel, and duct tape!! No joke. Asked of I could "clean it up". He speaks of addicts as weak,not knowing one was next to him. I'm very intimidated with the jumped and the future. He has meds around,I'm not at all tempted. Thank God. Unsure about your question....... Thank you for replying to me,I needed it. Tough question for me. Ugh!
    Lmao...I don't know what in the hell, but I got a good laugh out of "..John Wayne..big gash..dog's antibiotic cream..shop towel..duct tape.." LOL!

Sounds steep. Hubby may need a bit of a lesson on addiction. I know the type, though. My Dad, who I'm very close with, is the same way. He thinks "addiction as a disease" is an excuse. No matter what I say, he'll never understand, so I stopped trying. He's from the the school of hard knocks, so to speak, and believes that everything is a matter of choice. "Pull yourself up be your bootstraps!"..and all that..end of story, period. I get it, though. I can see how from the outside it looks like nothing BUT choice. Most people don't understand that our brains literally become hard-wired to seek out that quick fix, and it becomes damn near impossible to let go.

What does hubby have meds around for? Mine does too, for a very painful hip condition called AVN. He keeps them locked away in a safe. Most days it makes me bananas that we have pain meds on the premises, lol.

Keep up the fight. Talk soon.
    Kat
    iloerose likes this.

Forgot to mention this one.."It's alright Ore Ida"..lol! Love your sense of humor

Kat

Hello Kat,good to hear from ya again. Fortunately my family passed along humor in the DNA,although, you know, it comes out at the darnest times! I gotta say,the story about my husband is TOTALLY unscripted. He's so unashamed sometimes. It's like having a kid pick their nose in public and everyone saw...what do you do? Recover,and quickly! My husband does labor work and has busted himself over the years. He hardly ever goes to a doc. When he did,he was gvn those muscle relaxers and pain meds( the ones I loved to love) previously I dipped in,not enough to be noticed. Seeing I always had my own stash. We have a safe also everything stays in.

What I'm worried about is a procedure on my sinuses. On Dec 31st ( Can you say Happy New Year? Not.) It's a sinus lift,I requested antibiotics, a steroid, and 800 mg ibuprofen. Dr.said ok with that. Tried to get out of it already, they had already got the office staff scheduled at an odd time:/
    Kat,how are you able to hold up?

Forgot to mention... My skip dy2(of the skip 3 dys)stomach upset in morning, not quite diarrhea though and periodic chills through out the day. As the pm came, chills were more frequent and slt runny nose,slt cough with that and SNEEZING in 3's no-less! Slept From 9-2am. Restless and awake. Finally Fell asleep around 3-5:30.Tossed and turned the whole time.
    Today is skip dy3..... Stomach gurgling ( thought...gas....diarrhea. I dunno...it let me know!) I'm hardly ever in that bathroom before my husband. Withim having no idea why,he asked me if I'm ok. Of course I was kind and said yes(crossed my mind to say... What is this 20 questions? who are you Dan Rather? What is this 60 mins?(referring to movie some might know)) Didn't feel well. I have thought about Jumping at this time, but seeking old forums from Robert325 he recommended jumping after another dose. Symptoms are not at all harsh. Just kinda blah today. Need energy. So wanna be off this c**p! Get on with life!!

Sneezing in 3's. On opiats :6yrs...gv or take...roughly 2 sneezes every 2 weeks, increase that by 4 during flu season,and spring....add the....carry the...YEAH!! I'm making up for all those yrs with out sneezes.Good. Seeeeems to be on track.

ntded: Did you do an every other day skip? Or did you just lengthen the time (days) between doses? Just curious. You're getting there all right. Had to laugh about your husband, especially the dog's antibiotic. OMG. Come from a family of laborers, electricians, welders, so I get it. One time one of my employees (repair shop) was bleeding and I go: uh, you're bleeding. Him: Got to bleed it out. (mopping at it with a dirty shop rag). You should be good to go. Try some L-tyrosine with b-6 for a bit of energy boost, some hyland's restful legs and gatorade for the twitching stuff, and melatonin for sleep with sleepy time tea STRONG. Hot baths help as well. You've got this. Should I be glad you're catching up on your sneezing? LOL. Be strong and you'll soon be through this.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Hi Iloerose, so glad to hear support from you! Responses certainly help! I'm cruising,but still not a walk in the park. I have had many UP days,but some cruddy pm's. Last night wasn't great....so far this being my 3rd skip day(going by dys,complete 24 hrs between) it really bites. Using the Hylands,started immodium ( tried not to, less junk in me)but have taken 2 tonight. Stomach is cramping a lot. I've seen it has some kinda opiate derivative I HOPE THIS DOESN'T SET ME BACK! I have some melatonin but briefly helps in small increments. I will most certainly get the sleepy time tea. As soon as day light hits. I take my last dose in the morning and I'm counting down. I feel like I'm just complaining now knowing how much worse it can be. Unsure about the the last dose and jump....ugh.A lot of "what if's "
    Haha about the " bleed it out" Yeah,grew up also with welders,refinery workers, brick layers and so forth. Sounds like you need some 'ol dog antibiotic laying around, let them know it's Industrial strength. Hubby didn't start barking so it worked. He still scratches though,hehe!
    Sneezes: I try to feel like I'm "exorcizing the demons" haha,the opiate and subs ones. Inconvenient!!!
    Iwantoff2013 and iloerose like this.

LAST DOSE OF SUB TODAY!!
    Dosed this morning 2hrs passed my normal time. Just didn't want to take it. Wanted it to be over! Didn't feel bad....didn't feel WD's. Took out my speck,and it looked huge! So not looking forward to the next few days,right before Christmas :/ I will be productive while today feels good. Tomorrow will be my count of 4dys,then jump.How can such a small piece be so powerful?!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

You are too funny!!!! Glad your hubby didn't start barking! Seriously, though, subs are strong. They have a long half life of up to 72 hours, which is why tapering is so important and to be stable before you do drops. Lots of people think that there will be no problems with subs and that it is a walk in the park. The truth is that just like any other method to quit opiates, everyone is different: some get through with no symptoms, some don't but the symptoms are usually manageable and not nearly as bad as going c/t. You are getting there and I would think that you will be fine. The immodium is cool, it won't set you back. The loperimide only crosses the blood/brain barrier to a small extent and really helps with the cramping, etc. as you have receptors in your gut that respond to opiates and loperimide eases that uneasy feeling. You don't have to worry about immodium, many people use the liquid as that seems to work better than the pills. Keep moving forward. You've got this.

WOOT! WOOT! FOR THAT LAST DOSE OF SUB!

Peace,

Iloerose

You can post to Kat (iwantoff2013), alexnt, randy35, all very knowledgeable about subs. Kat and Alex on the sub treatment board and randy in need to talk. All of them have taken subs, me no, I went c/t. However, I've been on the board a long time and helped many people through inductions and tapering. I tried to learn as much as I could from others, especially Robert_325. When he retired from the board, no one was doing the sub board, so I did. We are lucky in the fact that the sub board has gained Kat, Alex, Randy, and others over the years who have decided to "pay it forward" and share their knowledge and experience.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Thanks for the info iloerose on immodium. I'm trying my best to stay the course with little to no meds. Even OTC, sounds funny but I've been trying to pay attention to my body. Stuff like"stomach hurts,whoa,take something for stomach".I haven't listened to her in a while,just kept taking pills for pain,emotions,situations. I was always so dosed, I "thought " I needed something. The suboxone is such a life saver in my case. I've always known I was an addict, but It DID take time to recognize the habit. I feel so foolish the addictive behavior was so prominent.
    BTW You are some one REALLY tough to go CT,survive,and live unbound by a drug. Not to mention have the heart to still reach out to those still in need of advice and encouragement.

Thank you,....very much(emotional moment here)
    Iwantoff2013 and iloerose like this.

Yesterday was my last dose of. 0625 sub. There has been slt WD's with the skip days,but all was manageable. I have to say the skip days have helped. Yes,there were few WD symptoms but my head needed it.....Clarity was certainly needed. I'm looking back..... Counting pills according to the situation, scoring when I was out of my own,the $,the time out of my house away from my kiddos(to get some),lack if emotions at times when I should've been supportive,........ The feeling of disgust comes over me. I'm counting my blessings today. If there were a way that this junk could leave my body with every breath I took.... I'd do it( the kind like blowing out a bdy cake....not mine-I'm not crazy!)
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

I wanted to add....I still have 2.5 mg of sub.additional. Didn't get rid of it "just in case". I've read some people had a ceremonial type of getting rid of em,but I can't help want to fight it like a UFC match!!!! (husband taught me a hold,it's backfired on him at times...I'm 5'1 he's 6'2) I imagine that strip like...weak,and flimsy, and wrinkled.....and dead!!!!!!! NEVER WAS INTO THE COLOR ORANGE!!!!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Last dose was dy before yesterday. Really didn't want it but I can see why it's recommended. From what I understand... The half life takes roughly 3 dys,some may take 4 due to however fast or slow your body metabolizes it. Reading around some people have rough days about 4-7 dys from jump.
    Yesterday was a good day but I also had the recent sub in me. The first skip prior to jump seemed a little different from other skip dys. Unsure if the low dose caught up with itself or maybe it's metabolizing faster???? Either way it feels like it leaving my body more quickly. Started feeling a little rls (very slt)Hylands nailed it.
    Yesterday was good had energy most of the day,but towards the evening slt sluggish.... Maybe just plain out lazy,but good. I've added 5HTP last night for the first time and was out till 2:40 am. 5 hrs total for that round. Had a slt headache on the top of my head. Advil took it away. Didn't get back to sleep till about 4:45 am bc my little one woke with a virus ( ugh!) After things were cleaned up and back to bed for a couple more hrs. Sleep was sound. Yay!!!
    This morning..... Stomach gurgling, but good. Glad I work,the Go,Go,Go helps!
    Don't think I've ever said I'm glad to go to work! Greatful YES....glad? Hmmmm....

Sounds like you're doing good!!!! Just keep treating the symptoms as they come and go. The sleep thing is really excellent, as many people have some insomnia. Hope you can keep away from the little ones virus! I also hope he/she is doing much better. Keeping busy is good. Stay the course! This is the best thing you could have done in your life. Your humor and attitude through this is amazing, keep that stubborn will strong! LOL. Congratulations to you, this is really something to celebrate: CLEAN. Merry Christmas.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Thank you SOOOOO much for your support iloerose! Thank you also for the concern with my son:-) he's 6. That little one played hard the day before at a ranch,while sick. Hubby thinks he's as tough as him( yeah,he tries to pass on the John Wayne) Double earaches!!! Clean up was from crying.
    I think I'm coming down with the "Texas Crud" Everyone around me is sick and it doesn't help I see 6-7 patients a dy,some sick also :/
    The 2nd skip day went well maybe 2 cold chills all dy,a few more in the pm,but that's all. Yesterday( 3rd prior to jump)stomach gurgling, slt runny nose. Unsure if WD's are really existing as far as cold kinda symptoms (office was Freezing yesterday, thought at first it was me,but patients were complaining also) Anyway, got home with a sore throat and nose more runny( WD's?,sick?,office being cold?....I DUNNO!!!)
    I did have some rls last night and took Hylands (took the edge off,but not gone),took one cap 5HTP and a hot shower. 1cap immodium -stomach cramping -not bad,just wanted sleep. Slept alright, 4.5 hrs. Don't want to down play the restlessnes prior to sleep, it wasn't horrible, but I was irritated with my family (I know it was my cruddy day)
    Today is 4th skip day....then" weeeeee "(I joke now, but we'll see tomorrow.... DUN,DUN,DUN!Christmas Day!
    Woke this morning with sore throat, but wide awake and L-tyrosine calls me,feeling kinda good( I didn't get sick while on opiats-what is this "cold/flu stuff? "This us not my beautiful life,this is not my beautiful house" you know how the rest goes:-))I incorporated 5HTP bc reading around lg doses can mess with sleep and thyroid (Noooooo!) To me that's a big deal! HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE ILOEROSE! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE TO ALLLLLL!!!! AND TO ALL A GOOD DAY(or whatever your at, it's gonna be alright) my song today-Bob Marley -3 Little Birds

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

Yesterday was my 4th skip day and considered my "Jump". It's a cold I have I could feel what I considered slt WD's -slt stomach upset, just what seems to be my daily gurgling and kinda Restless along with a sore throat. Didn't want to mix too many things,so I took allergy/Sinus stuff,Hylands (helped-really didn't have strong rls,just some tightening of legs,kinda),and lemon/ honey mix for my throat and knocked out. I was Restless until I took a couple spoons of honey / lemon mix.....

Guess what??? Looked up honey to see benefits. One famous Dr,said it has 18 amino acids! Crazy? And some say they use it for sleep.... Hmmmm,well I never looked up benefits of honey,I didn't know this. True? I dunno? But I slept well! Wasn't Restless after I took it,and had cold med 2hrs before that and it didn't help me rest. It maybe all in my head,and if it is....bring on another spoon!
    This morning woke,and drank my coffee, took L-tyrosine and feeling alright. Kinda sluggish but not bad at all. Still cooking,cleaning,the whole present thing.I did have a funky kinda electrical pulse feel from the top of my torsal to my fingers and toes. Didn't hurt,didn't bother me. Just funky! Overall,I don't really feel WD's! Yay to 5th day!!!! I'M CLEAN,I'M CLEAN FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!! Thank you Jesus! Thank All Of You! I lurked around before speaking like many. Looking for a safe feeling, a safe place. ( it maybe inappropriate) MWUAH!!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.