Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Bugsmomma
  • 1 Post By Thisweekforsure
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By Stell76
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
Using Loperamide in high doses as aid to Withdrawals ??
    Stell76 is offline Junior Member

Default Using Loperamide in high doses as aid to Withdrawals ??

Has anyone had any experience with this method to help WDs from opiates...or in my case Burb WD
    From what I read the stuff comes in 2mg caps or tabs and is used to stop the runs...no more than say 6 or 7 tabs a day
    But there is some talk that taking between 5 to 10 tabs twice a day will help WDs a lot up to 75%
    I would be a bit worried about taking that much...but I have two weeks to go until my next pain script....
    And I have to work and get through a day
    Please help with any advise if you can

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Well on the front page of this site is a news article about high doses of Immodium causing heart problems or something. I'd go read that first but otherwise if it were me I'd use as much as needed to get through work, but only for two weeks, no longer. Sorry nobody is helping with the bup patch questions, I have no clue or knowledge about that.

Thank you for the reply...thisweekforsure lol I have to lol at that name too true !!
    I read something about that too and I have a dicky liver so thats a worry
    TY for you're concern re my other post too in USA I dont think my type of patch is used much...it would be called a But trans-dermal patch I think...
    Anyway I do not feel at all well tonight...not at all.....
    I tried taking 5 tabs of lomital this morning and I did get through the day sort of a bit better I think....I drank 2 litres of water to stop dehydration and cotton mouth too early to tell I think...
    As I said tonight not so good I will take another 5 tonight I think...I am getting desperate and report back
    There is no doubt I am a bit worried

Bugsmomma is offline Member

Hey, I have used loperamide during withdrawals. It was for oxy not bupe but I imagine it all works the same. I actually used the liquid because I read it absorbs better or something. For me personally it helped with the withdrawals a lot and with the anxiety as well.
    Good luck!
    Maggie
    Stell76 likes this.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stell76 View Post
    Thank you for the reply...thisweekforsure lol I have to lol at that name too true !!
    Yeah it ended up being the following week. LOL!
    Stell76 likes this.

Thanks for the reply Bugs...its just nice to hear I am not alone...as this is an experiment do you mind me asking how much and how often you took it ? with liquid it would be a bit hard to gage but try
    I am taking 5 tabs so thats a dose of 10 mg...bit too scared to try more

OK so I took 5 last night thats 10 mg...and so far so good it seemed to help
    I felt better
    Still scared as to what it will do to my heart or liver...but it seems to take edge off

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

OK. I have to ask. If you can't get your script for 2 weeks and it sounds like you're looking to make it until then, without being disrespectful, why don't you just quit these evil things? I am not being critical. I am a recovering addict and abused for a very long time. I've been clean for over 6 years now. Some of my last detox seems like a distant memory but what remains vivid is that awful cycle of taking too many and running out too soon. Being in total distress essentially half of the time.

Your question about the Lope I think has been answered. During my years here, I have seen others use it to help with withdrawal symptoms and they do say it helps. I've also seen more than one individual having to taper off of them because they became addicted. I was astonished! Never knew such a thing was possible. That's not my concern for you right now.

Are you just not ready to jump off that train? If you're not, I get it. I do. And I'm not criticizing you for it. This is just a perfect opportunity to turn the page....

Peace,

Cat
    Stell76 likes this.

Hey Cat
    I hear you...
    To be truthful I was waiting for someone to say this to me and knew it would happen at sometime
    I post on here because I am so totally alone in this
    No one knows not even my hubby
    So here I am waiting two weeks for my next script and sick...dope sick
    Am I ready to get off ?
    The truth is...I am so close and you are right I am nearly off
    The plan is to ask my doc in 2 weeks to drop my patch down to 15 mg thats what I will do
    But am I ready to stop now ?? I dont know not sure if I could make that thought stick in my brain right now
    Of course I am not stupid...I am a hopeless addict to be sure
    I am on these things for pain but I am an addict and have been all my life with long periods of abstinence
    My brain at the moment can focus on one thing I think Cat...
    But to answer you properly...I am not far off...I am nearly ready...I am getting close
    Course I know thats not good enough but its the best I can do
    Just keep asking me please
    And thank you for asking it means the world !
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stell76 View Post
    Hey Cat
    I hear you...
    To be truthful I was waiting for someone to say this to me and knew it would happen at sometime
    I post on here because I am so totally alone in this
    No one knows not even my hubby
    So here I am waiting two weeks for my next script and sick...dope sick
    Am I ready to get off ?
    The truth is...I am so close and you are right I am nearly off
    The plan is to ask my doc in 2 weeks to drop my patch down to 15 mg thats what I will do
    But am I ready to stop now ?? I dont know not sure if I could make that thought stick in my brain right now
    Of course I am not stupid...I am a hopeless addict to be sure
    I am on these things for pain but I am an addict and have been all my life with long periods of abstinence
    My brain at the moment can focus on one thing I think Cat...
    But to answer you properly...I am not far off...I am nearly ready...I am getting close
    Course I know thats not good enough but its the best I can do
    Just keep asking me please
    And thank you for asking it means the world !
    Well here's the real deal. Late in 2009 while I was in between scripts I couldn't sleep, of course, so I spent hours surfing the web to find the "easy way to detox". What I found, probably you did too, were lots of advertisements to ease the symptoms. Not good enough I thought. Then the heavens shined upon me and I landed here. I began to read and read and then read some more. I wasn't quite ready but I became inspired. Gradually there was a nagging in the back of my head that was telling me that if these folks could do it, then I could do it.

I found myself randomly beginning to post and by just reading all of the success stories I became ready. This is the best piece of advice I can give to you. It's OK if you're not ready. Keep your thread active. Post. Whine. Celebrate. Complain about your doctor. Who cares? Just keep reading other threads and post at least once a day here. You won't be judged or criticized. What we addicts DO know is that this sobriety thing isn't going to happen until we're ready for it to happen. You don't need to find your rock bottom before you start to reach for the top to get out of the hole. In your own time. When you're more sick of the cycle. When you're more tired of being at the mercy of your doctor's office (and others if you venture to the streets--I did!). That's when you'll be ready.

Hope I keep seeing you around.

Peace,

Cat

Oh I hear you !!!!
    And I am reading and I am inspired and I got here same as you and we are the same and on and on
    I am not going anywhere
    I will keep posting even though I am sure I am blabbering and not making much sense...
    I know you all understand me and accept me...I know I am safe
    But Cat thank you for telling me all the same
    I really dont feel so alone

Anonymous Guest

Hi Stell,

I thought I'd offer my experience & hope as well. The lopermide definitely helps. I never went beyond 10mg/day in order to offset the wd's. My biggest issue was that the high doses of lopermide caused horrific constipation... I tried to balance the constipation side effect with stool softeners - I forget the name of the active ingredient - with only moderate success. The pain of constipation was almost as bad as the discomfort of the wd's I was trying to avoid. Sort of like the choice between airline food & hospital food. Reminder to intake lots & lots of fiber content food & drink loads & loads of water. Physical activity/exercise is extremely important too - for mind, body wellness.... massage, hot baths/showers are all comforters that help. I also use recovery groups - 12 step meetings - as part of the healing process. Like this forum - cognitive therapy can be very healing. Keeping you and all of us working to improve the quality of our live in my daily prayers. Peace. JAE.
    Stell76 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnalec View Post
    Hi Stell,

I thought I'd offer my experience & hope as well. The lopermide definitely helps. I never went beyond 10mg/day in order to offset the wd's. My biggest issue was that the high doses of lopermide caused horrific constipation... I tried to balance the constipation side effect with stool softeners - I forget the name of the active ingredient - with only moderate success. The pain of constipation was almost as bad as the discomfort of the wd's I was trying to avoid. Sort of like the choice between airline food & hospital food. Reminder to intake lots & lots of fiber content food & drink loads & loads of water. Physical activity/exercise is extremely important too - for mind, body wellness.... massage, hot baths/showers are all comforters that help. I also use recovery groups - 12 step meetings - as part of the healing process. Like this forum - cognitive therapy can be very healing. Keeping you and all of us working to improve the quality of our live in my daily prayers. Peace. JAE.
    Thanks Jae...I hear you I am only taking when really needed and I drink 2 litres of water a day and have for years plus now electrolyte or coco water...have not had bad constipation...why ?? I eat well a lot of fibre fruit veggies it helps...
    I appreciate your comments more than you could know Cheers Stell