• 2 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By mrkraving123
  • 1 Post By mrkraving123
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Well today is the day
    mrkraving123 is offline New Member

Default Well today is the day

So here let's start off with the background I had two major orthopedic surgeries on my right foot and ended up getting addicted to oxys any where from 7.5-20 mg and buying it from anyone I could get it from for the last 3 years I'm only 26 this has caused so many problems I never thought I would get addicted but oh boy I was wrong. It was just a mess from the beginning well now I moved states so I lost all connects and now I failed my drug test from pain management. So I'm cut and let me tell you. I'm dying I feel miserable I feel fogged. I feel cold depressed sore throat grumpy diarrhea cold sweats can't sleep well. But I'm going all out on herbal remedies. But I can do this I have no choice unfortunately this is such a horrible feeling though. I miss my pills even though I know they were going to kill me. My marriage my parenting my life my relationship with my family
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey mrkraving, welcome to the forums! I know it seems like the world is crashing down on you right now, but it will get better. Went off oxy myself so can understand what you're going through.

One thread that really helped me on here was the "Thomas Recipe" thread. I'll leave a link to it at the bottom of this post. I'd avoid the benzos if you're not already on them, but other than that some really good information.

Make sure to keep hydrated as you can, plenty of water/gatoraide and potassium supplements. Hot baths/showers can really help with the chills and cramping as well. Keep posting as you can so we can see how you're doing and know these forums are a great place for support. You've got this!!

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...ent-35169.html

unfortunately I can't get ahold of any benzos. Thanks I'll check it. Right now I'm going to take an Epsom salt bath. What do you think about gaba? I have some left. I ran out of my lyrica. I really appreciate the support!

Honestly I think it's good you can't get the benzos. I was on them when I made the jump, ended up abusing those as well and just made things worse for myself. In retrospect I wish I had never been on them when I got off the oxy, and think it would have made my jump easier not to rely on something else. Plus, even though the doctors wanted me to stay on them it was just another thing I had to deal with getting off as part of my recovery.

As far as gaba goes, I've never been on it. I've heard good and bad about it on these forums in the past, but no personal experience with it. I was on lyrica for years, but it never really did anything for me personally, and don't know if gaba is comparable or not.

Hot baths are definitely the way to go, no doubt about that!!
    mrkraving123 likes this.

I wish I had the benzos I just feel like I'm kinda in a fog. I feel good then I feel bad. How long was your recovery? How long have you been sober? Yeah for sure but of course all the hot water was gone so I'll try tonight. I'm thinking about missing work for the rest of the week. I just feel legit like >>>>.

For me, the first couple of weeks were really rough, then some ups and downs, but every day got better and better. I also jumped off a pretty hefty dose of oxy so took a while to get out of my system. Think the last day I was on it took 170mg total.

Hopefully after a shorter time you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel and start feeling better. The first few days are the worst for sure, and we all recover at different paces so just have to push through one day at a time. It gets better, I promise! I just celebrated one year of sobriety the other day and life is sooooo much better now than I ever thought it could be!

Have to start my workday, but will check in with you later when I get the chance. Hang in there, and I hope you get some hot water!

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

I agree with everything driven said. You don't want to go down the Benzo road unless you need to. They can be a real problem, and you dont want to trade one for the other. Dont be scared or afraid. Get excited!!! Youre taking your life back! Think of it as getting over a real bad flu. I'm not gonna give you a timetable because everyone is different. Draven gave you great advice!! I have nothing more to add other than my best wishes and congratulations. Keeping a positive mindset is key in this process!!! Keep doing the next right thing!

Stay strong!
    Beef

Hey mrkraving, did you ever get enough hot water for a bath? Just checking in with you, see if you're still hanging in there

Thanks for checking. I appreciate the support. I've just been drinking tea all evening and day. This is going to be a long journey but I'm excited to not feel imprisoned by this addiction anymore. It won't rule my life. Like it has been. But thanks for the reminder of the hot water! I'm actually going to take one right now.
    I appreciate your story it reminds that things aren't so bad and to stay positive even if it feels impossible congrats on the year of sobriety!!!

Thanks Beef I appreciate the support I need the support. I think I'm still like in shock that I won't have the pills to rely on anymore they were like my numbness and happiness to everything. But in reality things aren't that bad and having the addiction only makes things worse I will conquer this lol I really don't have a choice at this point. :/

Draven thanks for the support I'm going to try blue lotus and some wild lettuce just for the pain. Maybe they will help? Who knows

Of course, that's what we're all here for is to help each other! I'm not familiar with either of those products, but hopefully they can help. I'm sure others will be by at some point that might have more info, but being close to a holiday might get a bit slow around here.

Still waking up, and on my phone, but will stop back by later to see how your day is going. You're doing lots of liquids which is good!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

I'm feeling horrible today. Bad cough, runny nose and sore throat. It is like a flu from hell lol. Thanks for checking on me. Yeah liquids tons of them. Have a good day.

You're in the thick of it, and it is like a horrible flu. The good news is that it will pass, and hopefully you'll start feeling better soon! I know the first few days I took a hot bath whenever I could, just to keep the chills at bay. The liquids are good, and immodium is a big help for the stomach stuff. Hang in there, it does get better!

Forceout is offline Member

Hello Mrkraving,

Welcome and congratulations! You are well on you way to feeling amazing! What you are doing takes courage and strength. I tapered Norco over 5 weeks and them jumped at 10mg. That jump was a short 13 days ago. 10 days ago I was feeling the same as you it sounds like. I'm just coming by to encourage you and add that I felt the way ups and downs too. It gets better I promise.

I also was in pain management and it was horrible to deal with all the time. Now that's gone. Poof!!

It's worth the work big time!!!

Hot showers were fabulous for me, too. Still are. Lol. Anyway, you have some real good help here by the way!!!

I ate two bananas a day for weeks. It helped me in more than one way but certainly got me plenty of patsium to help with bony aches, etc. Also, and I know I'm repeating others, but the more liquid you get the better everything goes!!!

Hang in there. The fog.....Yes, I understand completely!!! It's weird but it fades away. ! It's mostly mental really and truly,,,.looking back.

Post often and ask anything you want. I think I set a record I posted so much!!!!!! It helps to spit it out I promise!

Forceout
    Beefaroni7272 and DravenDomnq like this.

So I went to the urgent care and on top of it all I got a cold lol I told them I was going through withdrawal it's shocking how stupid some docs are. They really have no idea. But I got some cough medicine. I have the worst earache ever so that's helping me forget my withdrawal. Today I also really didn't want any pills. Because the misery I'm going through I never want to go back it is so not worth it. This is a brutal path to go down.

Thanks Draven I'm drinking some ginger tea no bath right now because I put some thc ointment on. I just honestly regret the last 3 years. I wish I would have realized how bad this is. Nothing is making me feel better

Forceout thanks for the encouragement. You are awesome congrats on the achievement. I can't wait till I can say I'm done with feeling like this. I'm going to try the bananas. Thanks for the advice. The fog does suck and sometimes I'm just irritable. Lol and being sick on top of it is just miserable.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Happy holidays everyone. The good thing the thought of taking a pill literally makes me nauseous because I never want to feel this horrible again.
    DravenDomnq and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Hey there!!!

I feel the exact same about a pill!!! Wow. So far that is not a problem for me. The pills LIE. The lie of the meds kept me in a freaking cage for five years!

But don't worry too much about past or future right now. Just keep up the focus on today and putting one foot in front of the other

So dang excited for you because as that weird foggy existence starts lifting, you are in for a reeeaa treat my friend. That is an awesome feeling and it's just around the corner for you!!

Proud of you! It's the best thing you have ever done for yourself.

Hang in there and Happy T-Day to you. Bananas, protein, liquid, and vitamins...

Try try try to get. A little exercise each day even twice. I walk (walked) even with a Donjoy brace on my knee'. Just some helps big time. Work as hard to get better as you did to stay on the meds and you won't have a problem lol.

Happy T-Day

Forceout
    DravenDomnq and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Hey, just popping in to check up on you. So sorry to hear about your having to run to the urgent care. Hopefully all that is cleared up and that you're hanging in there!!
    Lvg nghtmare and mrkraving123 like this.

Hello Mr,

Just quick word to say I hope you are feeling better. Stay the course, buddy. One day at a time!

Forceout
    mrkraving123 likes this.

Hey everyone,
    All I can say is bloody hell I feel like total >>>>. Lol I hope I feel better by Monday. Thank you both for being there. But this sucks no sleep just coughing and it gets worse I broke my phone. But I know there will be light at the end of this tunnel lol. Thank you for the support I need it
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-25-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Hey Mr.

Hopping around and thought I'd look in here.....

How are you doing? We would love to hear from you!

Hope all is well!

Forceout

I have been clean for 15 days it was hard and it's still hard but I'm getting there slowly but surely thanks everyone it's been rough
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Yes. It's a terrible rollercoaster for sure. But 15 days is awesome!! Congratulations!! I can tell you it only gets better. Stay the course. You'll have good days and bad days and soon they will be all good days. Stay the course. Hope you have a great night!!! Proud of you!!

Keep doing the next right thing!
    Beef
    mrkraving123 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

I just want you all to know the depression is kicking I just feel kinda down I miss my family a lot but I'm glad I'm finally beating this nasty addiction. I just have major cravings and it's hard to be positive but I'm so happy to be free of this. I'm getting my life back a little bitter and exhausted sometimes but I got this. 15 days of no Percs and no easy way out lol
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks Beef I appreciate it. It's hard coming to terms and reality no pill to pop to forget about everything lol but thank you I think if I fixate on it it makes the cravings more or think about what if or if I do this. Thanks for the motivation it's crazy to finally have money or not begging for pills lol have a great night beef and Congrats to you as well. You are doing awesome really happy for u
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Keep up the good work. Proud of You..
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

Thanks! Like I said, it gets better every day. I got hit with crushing depression around 3 weeks. Lasted for about a week, it's all part of the process. Like Randy says the mental journey is formidable. We need to train our body and mind that we don't need the garbage. When you get a craving recognize it for what it is and move on. Keeping your mind active and a positive outlook is imperative. For me amino acids and supplements really helped me. I took dl-phenylalanine, but there's l-tyrosine and l-theanine also. I know they helped me with mental clarity, hand eye coordination, and general mood. People weren't such jerks all the time and I wasn't so moody. Get out and stay active as much as you can. It'll help you shed that lead suit. You're mostly past the physical stuff. Now comes the mental part of it. You can and are doing this.

Keep your chin up!! Hope you have a great night!!
    Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

princessalfalfa is offline New Member
    A small yet unmapped island off the coast of Peru

Default !

You can do this. I'm 3 years off opiates. You have no idea the happiness, the true real happiness, you can feel when you're life is free from dope. I never knew my life could get this good, and I'm not some AA spy trying to pull you into the program. Seriously, if you had told me my life would be like this a couple years ago, I would never have believed you,.

Point being: you are strong. You can do this. And you will be so incredibly grateful you did.
    Best of luck much love

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by princessalfalfa View Post
    You can do this. I'm 3 years off opiates. You have no idea the happiness, the true real happiness, you can feel when you're life is free from dope. I never knew my life could get this good, and I'm not some AA spy trying to pull you into the program. Seriously, if you had told me my life would be like this a couple years ago, I would never have believed you,.

Point being: you are strong. You can do this. And you will be so incredibly grateful you did.
    Best of luck much love

What exactly do you mean by the comment ...”and I’m not some AA spy trying to pull you into the program “?

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.