Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Catrina
  • 1 Post By Bigmike2400
When can i take sub
    Bigmike2400 is offline New Member

Default When can i take sub

I took 4 norcos at 230pm yesterday and have been on norcos for a long time im done its killing me i have 2 strios of subs and am going thru it as i type this ols help can i take a pieace if the sub now its currently 8 am so 17 an a half hours since i took my last norco

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmike2400 View Post
    I took 4 norcos at 230pm yesterday and have been on norcos for a long time im done its killing me i have 2 strios of subs and am going thru it as i type this ols help can i take a pieace if the sub now its currently 8 am so 17 an a half hours since i took my last norco
    Welcome Big Mike,

Please find the COWS worksheet. You can find it here or google it. It will score your symptoms based on which ones you're having and their severity. It is VERY important to score at least a 26 before you induct. Are your strips 8mg? Your first dose should only by .5 (that's 1/2 of a mg) and then wait at least an hour to give it time to take its full effect. You can follow up with another .25 (1/4mg) if you're still not feeling stable. Follow this protocol being sure to wait in between. How much Norco per day and for how long have you been using? Subs are very strong and some can stabilize at 2mg or even less and the vast majority don't need more than 4mg per day.

Find Robert's Sub Taper Plan and read it carefully. You don't want to take your first dose too soon or it won't be pretty and you don't want to take too much. Less is more with subs. Just as a side note, in order to do a sub taper correctly, you're going to need more subs. Short tapers never work. If you only use what you have over the next few days, you'll just be facing withdrawal then and detoxing cold turkey from subs takes much longer. You'd be better off going cold turkey now without the subs and get it over with in 5 days unless you can do the taper plan properly.

Sorry I don't know how to post the links to the COWS or the taper plan, but I think you'll be able to find them or someone else will come along and give you the links. Please be patient right now. The number of hours since your last dose isn't a good indicator when you'll be ready. The COWS will be.

Peace,

Cat
    Ricky71 likes this.

Ok thanks Kat i just took it 10 minutes ago and im feeling alot better ahhhhh the things we do to our bodys

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Welcome Big Mike,

Please find the COWS worksheet. You can find it here or google it. It will score your symptoms based on which ones you're having and their severity. It is VERY important to score at least a 26 before you induct. Are your strips 8mg? Your first dose should only by .5 (that's 1/2 of a mg) and then wait at least an hour to give it time to take its full effect. You can follow up with another .25 (1/4mg) if you're still not feeling stable. Follow this protocol being sure to wait in between. How much Norco per day and for how long have you been using? Subs are very strong and some can stabilize at 2mg or even less and the vast majority don't need more than 4mg per day.

Find Robert's Sub Taper Plan and read it carefully. You don't want to take your first dose too soon or it won't be pretty and you don't want to take too much. Less is more with subs. Just as a side note, in order to do a sub taper correctly, you're going to need more subs. Short tapers never work. If you only use what you have over the next few days, you'll just be facing withdrawal then and detoxing cold turkey from subs takes much longer. You'd be better off going cold turkey now without the subs and get it over with in 5 days unless you can do the taper plan properly.

Sorry I don't know how to post the links to the COWS or the taper plan, but I think you'll be able to find them or someone else will come along and give you the links. Please be patient right now. The number of hours since your last dose isn't a good indicator when you'll be ready. The COWS will be.

Peace,

Cat
    Hey Mike - listen to Cat if you want to be successful on the subs! Here's a link to Robert's sub taper plan - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Here's a link to the COWS worksheet - https://www.drugs.com/resources/opio...wal-record.pdf

I see from your last post that you took some sub? Please re-read Cat's post to you? You don't want to take sub blindly not knowing how to do it properly! And you're gonna need more than two 8mg strips, I would say twelve 8mg strips will be enough with even some to spare but better to be safe and prepared than sorry! Please reply with your history using the Norcos as Cat has suggested? How much have you've been taking a day (milligrams) and for how long? Take care... God bless us all!

Hello guys and ladys i have been taking norcos 10-325 for about 3 years every day and about 10 to 15 a day and let me tell u i go to my pain management on the 14th and am gonna come klean with him and ask for suboxone as i was scared at first but WoW i should of did this years ago not only do i feel normal again i haven't even thought if taking a norco or hand full should i say and it is helping with my pain as well
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Mike
    That is great ..
    Sub is a great tool
    Just remember less is more..
    Most people feel better on the smallest dose possible..

Take care
    Bette