Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Why do my posts keep getting deleted?
    etoille is offline New Member

Default Why do my posts keep getting deleted?

I come on here pouring my heart out only to have it deleted or "disappear" again and again.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by etoille View Post
    I come on here pouring my heart out only to have it deleted or "disappear" again and again.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND???

I have no idea WHY your thread was deleted? It happens around here more times than I care to count. As your thread is gone so are my posts and the posts of others to you. I'M SICK OF IT...

I'm very sorry it has happened to you. Maybe you can try again and tell your story in the hopes it stays and does not disappear again. No promises as I don't know or understand the reason why. I didn't see where you had broken any of the forum rules. I do know I'm getting very tired and frustrated that many of my own posts have disappeared for no apparant reasons. I KNOW I have not broken a single rule.

Why continue to post if theres a good chance they will be gone?

Randy

ddcmod is offline Administrator

Default Reason for Deletion

Posts are deleted for breaching forum rules
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/drugs-co...les-17285.html
    In this case:
    3.These forums are intended for users with questions relating to approved prescription and over-the-counter medicines. This forum is NOT to be used to discuss or seek advice regarding illicit or illegal substances. This forum is also not to be used to support users withdrawing from illicit or illegal substances.

Quote Originally Posted by ddcmod View Post
    Posts are deleted for breaching forum rules
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/drugs-co...les-17285.html
    In this case:
    3.These forums are intended for users with questions relating to approved prescription and over-the-counter medicines. This forum is NOT to be used to discuss or seek advice regarding illicit or illegal substances. This forum is also not to be used to support users withdrawing from illicit or illegal substances.

ddcmod -

Yes, I admit that on some rare occasions there are those that breach the forum rules. Some intentionally perhaps. Maybe they are upset that their lives have become unmanageable, or out of contirol? Or perhaps they are mad or upset that they have no one to speak to about their problem, no one to turn to except members of these forums. They let out their bottled-up anger and a rule or two gets broken. Deleting those posts only fuels the anger further and we never hear from many of them again. Who knows if they live or not? But I do understand that the rules are there for a reason. And I also agree that we must have rules in life.

And yes, there are those that break the rules and never realize it. Do those members deserve to have their stories/posts deleted? Maybe a warning first would help? I know it would. There are so many addicts such as myself that got started with pain pills, or narcotics. The habits get so out of control that many like me gravitate to the illegal and illicit drugs. So on occasions they are mentioned here, not to boast, but to give full details of lives so those of us that do our best to provide help and support can do so knowing all the facts.

It gets extremely frustrating when I know I put my heart-felt effort into a long post only to have it vanish because that member may have inadvertently mentioned an illegal or illicit substance. Is that fair to me? I didn't break any forum rule, as far as I know.

Maybe you could leave the reasonses up and give a stern warning (just 1 warning) to the member breaking the rules? Other than that I don't know what to say. I do realize you have one tough job keeping track of all the posts. I guess I'm asking for a little more compassion to those that need it the most.

Thank you for what you do,
    Randy

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    ddcmod -

Yes, I admit that on some rare occasions there are those that breach the forum rules. Some intentionally perhaps. Maybe they are upset that their lives have become unmanageable, or out of contirol? Or perhaps they are mad or upset that they have no one to speak to about their problem, no one to turn to except members of these forums. They let out their bottled-up anger and a rule or two gets broken. Deleting those posts only fuels the anger further and we never hear from many of them again. Who knows if they live or not? But I do understand that the rules are there for a reason. And I also agree that we must have rules in life.

And yes, there are those that break the rules and never realize it. Do those members deserve to have their stories/posts deleted? Maybe a warning first would help? I know it would. There are so many addicts such as myself that got started with pain pills, or narcotics. The habits get so out of control that many like me gravitate to the illegal and illicit drugs. So on occasions they are mentioned here, not to boast, but to give full details of lives so those of us that do our best to provide help and support can do so knowing all the facts.

It gets extremely frustrating when I know I put my heart-felt effort into a long post only to have it vanish because that member may have inadvertently mentioned an illegal or illicit substance. Is that fair to me? I didn't break any forum rule, as far as I know.

Maybe you could leave the reasonses up and give a stern warning (just 1 warning) to the member breaking the rules? Other than that I don't know what to say. I do realize you have one tough job keeping track of all the posts. I guess I'm asking for a little more compassion to those that need it the most.

Thank you for what you do,
    Randy
    Randy - this is strange for sure! I haven't been around the forums as long as you but this is the first in-depth explanation of a deleted post/thread by a ddc mod that I have ever seen?

They definitely have a hard job moderating the forums but it is also most definitely frustrating to have your posts deleted when you clearly didn't violate any forum rules!

In addition, for myself anyway, I don't spend a lot of time on a response to a new thread until I know that the person who started the thread is going to stick around and check back with a reply?

Good post Randy, be well my friend... God bless us all!

etoille is offline New Member

I made it another day without using. Am about to go take a biochemistry exam and call my Socorro to try to get some more answers about what I have signed up for. I'm not using anything illegal. Everything I have is prescribed for me and my doctor is aware that I have it. I have a pre-existing dental appointment to get some heavy dental work done but I think I should maybe push it back so I'm not tempted to get an rx for the pain meds which from what I understand will do nothing for me. I'm trying to make a promise to myself that I will not invest any opiates ever again (or at least for today). I do have to say that picking through us addicts and denying one over another because of a prescription pad is not right. If somebody is scared and trying to do right and get straight, why would you shun them? Oh well I'm trying and lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by etoille View Post
    I made it another day without using. Am about to go take a biochemistry exam and call my Socorro to try to get some more answers about what I have signed up for. I'm not using anything illegal. Everything I have is prescribed for me and my doctor is aware that I have it. I have a pre-existing dental appointment to get some heavy dental work done but I think I should maybe push it back so I'm not tempted to get an rx for the pain meds which from what I understand will do nothing for me. I'm trying to make a promise to myself that I will not invest any opiates ever again (or at least for today). I do have to say that picking through us addicts and denying one over another because of a prescription pad is not right. If somebody is scared and trying to do right and get straight, why would you shun them? Oh well I'm trying and lesson learned.

We'll just follow the rules to the best of our ability and everything will be ok.

Good luck on your exam. Maybe you could write your story again to let others know what's going on? Doesn't need to be a novel, just a short version or whatever you want to share will help those willing to help you understand more.

Take care and have a great day!
    Randy
    etoille likes this.