withdrawal from norco and back surgery
    arthorge is offline New Member

Default withdrawal from norco and back surgery

Im currently going cold turkey from norco forced to doc cut me off my question is i have surgery in about a month will i be ok by then to have it done or should i wait im on day 8 now and feelinh considerably better most of the pain in my legs is gone mentally little run down been sleeping better. Now for back ground i was on norco for about 8 months taking 3 a day 10mg but was only taking them on and off for good share of the 8 months maybe taking about 30 a month tops till the last 2 months when i was taking full 3 a day sometimes more and as for the surgery its a microdiscectomy for sciatica and leg numbness and weakness my right leg is basically useless so walking to help withdrawal hasent been an option ive been taking vitamins and potassium to help. So to make a long story short will i be ok to go for the surgery or should i wait its gonna be next month sometime i gotta schedule it yet thanks

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arthorge View Post
    Im currently going cold turkey from norco forced to doc cut me off my question is i have surgery in about a month will i be ok by then to have it done or should i wait im on day 8 now and feelinh considerably better most of the pain in my legs is gone mentally little run down been sleeping better. Now for back ground i was on norco for about 8 months taking 3 a day 10mg but was only taking them on and off for good share of the 8 months maybe taking about 30 a month tops till the last 2 months when i was taking full 3 a day sometimes more and as for the surgery its a microdiscectomy for sciatica and leg numbness and weakness my right leg is basically useless so walking to help withdrawal hasent been an option ive been taking vitamins and potassium to help. So to make a long story short will i be ok to go for the surgery or should i wait its gonna be next month sometime i gotta schedule it yet thanks
    Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking? What exactly do you mean "will I be okay to have surgery in a month"?

Yes im asking if ill be okay to have the surgery in a month meaninh will most of my symptoms be gone by then or should i give myself more time to recover from withdrawals
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-09-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Yes im asking if ill be okay to have the surgery in a month
    Okay meaning what, physically, mentally? You're okay to have surgery tomorrow if you needed it!

I'm assuming they're going to put you on opiates again for post op?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-09-2017 at 05:37 PM.

phisically i know theres alot of different timelines for withdrawal what im worried about is right now my numbness in my leg is 10x more then it was when i was on the drug and i just want to make sure when surgery is done ill be able to tell if it made a difference thanks i would hope they wont put me on opiates but i suppose ill get to that bridge when i get there i had it put in my medical charts no narcotics
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-09-2017 at 08:06 PM.

phisically i know theres alot of different timelines for withdrawal what im worried about is right now my numbness in my leg is 10x more then it was when i was on the drug and i just want to make sure when surgery is done ill be able to tell if it made a difference thanks i would hope they wont put me on opiates but i suppose ill get to that bridge when i get there i had it put in my medical charts no narcotics
    When quitting opiates cold turkey most of the physical withdrawal symptoms are gone by day 5 or so. After that there may be some lingering symptoms like no/low energy, insomnia and possibly some depression and/or anxiety? These later symptoms may last a couple of weeks or more but will eventually pass as well.

It can take a month or two off the opiates to really know what your true and actual pain level is? Opiates obviously mask your pain and in some cases even cause additional pain, "opiate induced pain/hyperalgesia". In your case, get your procedure done as soon as you want, if you can avoid taking any opiates post op then that would be best? I hope I've answered your
    question? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-09-2017 at 09:20 PM.

thank you so much for that its exactly what i needed