withdrawls from oxycodone
    sandspider71 is offline New Member

Default withdrawls from oxycodone

hello everyone, i guess ill start off by admitting i had a problem with pills, well im starting a new job and needed to get off these hellish oxys i stopped on sunday sept 8th 2013 i haven't slept due to RLS doc gave me klonopin and tamazpan 30mg still nothing finally fall asleep at 3 to 4 in am and waking up at 6 am does it get better what can i do to sleep better. during the day i don't want to do nothing my wife has no clue and shes 6 months pregnant. if any anoe can help please thank you

dreamingfree is offline Member

Hello, I can't offer much in the way of advice because I am pregnant I have to do a slow taper off oxy rather then just stopping. Although ripping the bandaid off and going ct is the way to go IMO. From doing lots of reading on here I know the people who can come along and offer you advice often ask how much oxy you were using and for how long. Unfortunately most people will tell you sleep is the last thing to return to normal, even with a slow taper my sleep is affected and it's no fun. Have you heard about the Thomas formula? Many on here use it to treat the symptoms of wd's. The "need to talk" forum is a bit busier, but I am sure you will gets lots of support where ever you post.

Sorry I can't offer more then some support and an ear to listen! Congrats on baby, what a wonderful reason to take your life back!

thank you for your time and good luck with your baby

istrvler is offline Member

Ok so I am not an expert by any means if you stopped on the 8th that means you on day 5. I am on day 9 so just a little ahead of you. Sleep has been a problem for me only been able to sleep 4 maybe 5 hours at night. First look up the Thomas Recipe you can google it but it includes taking benzos for sleep your doing that with the Klonopin you might want to ask your doctor for clonidine I hear it helps but the tramazpan might be the same thing. we had no benzos I am doing this with my wife we both have a problem with oxy. oK back to the Recipe get Imodium, vitamin b6, vitamin B12, T-Lyosine (500 or 1,000 mg), drink boost if you can't eat. Day 5 was tough for us. In addition take hot hot hot showers for the restless legs, there is also a tea for it I think it is Hylands. The hot showers helped me with RLS, I was also told to go out and buy ICHILL it is an OTC sleep aide essentially liquid melatonin. There might be nothing you can do about the sleep and just have to wait it out like me I have yet to sleep more than 4 hours in a night since this started. Keep posting it helps to distract you and there are lots of people on here willing to help give it time they will respond to you.

The Husband is offline Member

Hello Sandspider71,

I got off oxycontin 40mg x2 daily for the past 3 yrs plus a long time history before that all prescribed and taken as directed. Are you taking the IR or CR? that will help determine w/d time? also daily amount mg?

You can google "Thomas Detox Recipe" but I will just tell you what helped me

prenatal vitamins, ensure (for nutrients and potassium) RLS is the worst IMO, minimal benzo dose to sleep, coconut water for electroylites and potassium, advil for aches, bananas more potassium easy to digest, Musinx for the DMX helps with withdrawl, immodium to stop runs and w/d sorta of and finally l-tyrosine found in 5 hr energy which I wouldn't take until at least day 4/5 for a mental boost and energy boost, as soon as you feel good enough get a little exercise.

Hope this stuff helps

Thank you for input I'm doing thr Tomas recipe but the rls is killing I'll take klonoipine and can't fall asleep

I found the RLS to be the worst and as far as sleep I couldn't get much, Stretching and Hot baths or shower will help. Potassium is what helped me most of all supplements for RLS. What day are you at sandspider71? Im on day 8 of Oxycontin w/d just starting to get over the physical symptoms in the past 12hrs

I did sleep much better last night 7 days and also day 4/5 were the worst as far as w/d and sleep... so it will get better
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-12-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: sleep

omg the rls is crazy. the last pill i took was monday the 9 th. all the week i was from bed to couch. i went to vitamin store and bought the thomas recipe and yesterday i felt great energy back i did work in the house. then it came to go to sleep i took klonipin and tamazapn fell a sleep for an hr then legs started up. i havent slept in my bed with with my wife in a week. she has no idea what im going through. thank god i ve been home this week due to job change. but i hope by the end of the weekend i can get rid of rls. i took hot shower it worked for and hr. then i got a heating pad that worked great i got 4 hrs in. i have issues sleeping and anxiety and depression so it really sucks now i just want to get back on track.

what supplements are you using for rls?

If you can find a good potassium supplement that would be a good way to go. I have been drinking 3+ ensures a day for nutrients and the potassium, then I am drinking coconut water for electroylytes and more potassium then 2 bananas and finally eating bananas to fill my stomach sort of. They all help some but as I said before the RLS was the worst for me and it came on always was bad in the afternoon evening. I am on day 9 today and its feeling better everyday. Walking and stretching help for RLS assuming you feel up to. Hot tub or shower also relaxes muscles.

Fernandez8181 is offline New Member

I keep seeing RLS what does that mean please advice

Anonymous Guest

RLS=Restless leg syndrome