Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes
Worried about taking suboxone too early
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beefaroni7272 View Post
    I'd say try to tough it out tonight if you can. Then do the even doses tomorrow and see how that treats you. Who hasn't heard of Gloucester??? That'd make for a nice sleeve.

Beef -

Brotop is on 3mg daily. Even if she went up to 4mg that would be fine in my opinion. But for tonight I think adding just .25mg would help her get over the hump, at least for tonight.

Randy
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Platinum Member

Sounds like a winner in my book. Rescue dose it up!

Brotop is offline Member

I took the dose at 9:45. I hope it helps my heart rate def shot up as well. Just laying back out on some impractical jokers onntv and trying to relax. My doctor a while back in the hospital told me that my body metabolism broke down the pain medication quicker and it didn't last as long as it does in other people. I wonder if it is the same with this.

Brotop is offline Member

I am starting to feel a little bit better. The shakes and the chills have calmed down. Hopefully the stomach is done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotop View Post
    I am starting to feel a little bit better. The shakes and the chills have calmed down. Hopefully the stomach is done as well.

Good, glad to hear it. Try to get a good nights rest and lets us know how you're feeling in the morning.

Randy

Brotop is offline Member

Thanks for your help and convo Beef and Randy. I appreciate the help and enjoy the the convo's

Brotop is offline Member

Didn't have the best night last night. Didn't get much sleep either. I took 2mg dose at 8am still feeling a little blah. I'm gonna do 2mg dose 8 hours later so around 4pm. Hopefully. That will help. When am I supposed to start doing one dose daily or do I continue to split it up?

Brotop is offline Member

I guess nobody is around today. I hope everyone is having a good day.

Start-2-Finish is offline Junior Member

Hey Brotop ! Thanks for the reply on my thread i just read through yours. Your doing awesom! We got this I’m right behind you

Brotop is offline Member

I may not have as much advice or experience than all the other guys on here (which by the way they are super nice and know what they are talking about) but if you just need someone to talk to or just shoot the sh$t with or need some encouraging words I'm here! Look forward to talking to you. Your right we do got this

Start-2-Finish is offline Junior Member

Good morning Brotop! Hope your doing good... may I ask what amount of hydro you cane off of before starting the sub? My last dose of oxy was yesterday so far I’m doing good starting to yahn and just waiting for the freight train to get to my stop! Lol talk to you soon!
    If you want to peak in my other thread it’s in the sub forum the other one I left to just keep one!

Start is my abrevated name for now hope in a couple months my name will be Finished ahaha

Hey brotop. How you feeling today? Got yourself stable? Just wanted to see how it's going.

Beef

Brotop is offline Member

Hey Beef,
    I am def feeling better. I am doing 4mg a day. 2 equal doses 8 hours apart. 2mg in the am and 2mg 8-9 hours later. Yesterday I stopped swallowing the saliva. I keep my tongue up till it is dissolved. I think when I was swallowing it was numbing my throats and upsetting my stomach. Since I started doing that I am feeling wayyyy better. Both yesterday and today. I do not need the whole 12 mg per day the doctor suggested and gave me. and I'm glad to have found this group to tell me I didn't. Tomorrow I will be going back to the grind at work and back to my 60 hours a week. I am glad I did this while I was on vacation. It may have been to hard with my demanding job. I hope I am ready. I'm sure I'll be around here daily anyway. I enjoy the people on here very much. Very good people and that includes yourself.
    Beefaroni7272 and Randy35 like this.

Good deal. I'm glad you're stable. It gets easier. Just follow that taper plan and this will be behind you in no time. I know what you mean about this place. It's intoxicating, even at work I can usually find time to break away and read some inspiration and strength from others. This place has saved my life for sure. Keep doing the next right thing my friend!!!

Beef

Brotop is offline Member

I'm just gonna give myself a little time before I start the next step in the taper down. I just want to make sure I am ready to do it. I only one to do it once and I want to make sure I am in the right place to start. I might wait until after Christmas during my next vacation. I work a retail job and I am under serious stress and pressure during the holiday not to mention the day after Christmas will be the one year anniversary of my mom passing away. I am thinking December 28th will be right around the time I will start my journey to rid myself of everything. 2018 will be the year of focusing on me. One thing I also didn't tell you before I also stopped my 1 bottle a day habit of 5 hour energy (which is something I love more than anything). lol I hope your doing well beef. Thank you for checking in. I appreciate it
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-02-2017 at 05:50 PM.

I'm just gonna give myself a little time before I start the next step in the taper down. I just want to make sure I am ready to do it. I only one to do it once and I want to make sure I am in the right place to start. I might wait until after Christmas during my next vacation. I work a retail job and I am under serious stress and pressure during the holiday not to mention the day after Christmas will be the one year anniversary of my mom passing away. I am thinking December 28th will be right around the time I will start my journey to rid myself of everything. 2018 will be the year of focusing on me. One thing I also didn't tell you before I also stopped my 1 bottle a day habit of 5 hour energy (which is something I love more than anything). lol I hope your doing well beef. Thank you for checking in. I appreciate it

You're doing great, really Great in fact. You'll know the it's time to begin reducing your dose. Keep up the good work.

Randy

Brotop is offline Member

Thank you very much Randy! I appreciate it! You are doing a great job helping people encouraging them and sharing your knowledge. Sometimes it's just good to hear it so I wanted to make sure I told you! I'm sure everyone else feels the same way as well!

Hey brotop. Just wanted to say congratulations on your pats. How you feeling today? Hope you have a great day!!

Beef

Brotop is offline Member

Hey brotop. Just wanted to say congratulations on your pats. How you feeling today? Hope you have a great day!!

Beef
    Thanx for check in beef. I am doing pretty good I think. It has been 1 week today since my last Vicodin. I fell like I am doing pretty good on the suboxone. I am back to working my usual 60 plus hours. The subs don't kill the pain as much as the Vics did but I feel more like myself and overall feel much better than I have

How are things with you?

No complaints from this guy. Just taking it a day at a time. Glad you're feeling good. Keep up the good work. You're doing great!!

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Brotop is offline Member

[QUOTE=Beefaroni7272;541344]No complaints from this guy. Just taking it a day at a time. Glad you're feeling good. Keep up the good work. You're doing great!!

Beef[/QUOTE
    So I gotta ask beef, is it a side effect for the suboxone to make me hungry. Before suboxone I would maybe eat one meal a day and a couple snacks while a was at work, nothing big. Now with the suboxone I am HUNGRY all the time and I mean all the time. See food on tv want it lol see a video about food on Facebook want it lol. Is it just me. Lol
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I know everybody is different. But for me when I was taking Suboxone I would miss meals. I usually had to force myself to eat breakfast and then I wouldn't eat again until dinner. But now that I'm clean I seem to be eating all the time. I'm sure I'll wind up putting on a nice Freshman 15. I'd say just roll with it enjoy every bite my friend
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Brotop is offline Member

I know everybody is different. But for me when I was taking Suboxone I would miss meals. I usually had to force myself to eat breakfast and then I wouldn't eat again until dinner. But now that I'm clean I seem to be eating all the time. I'm sure I'll wind up putting on a nice Freshman 15. I'd say just roll with it enjoy every bite my friend
    I have 2 handicapped people at home (aunt and father) I have been out of the groove with cooking like I used to (I cook fancy meals) I cooked quick meals and got take out for us. They are trilled I am back to cooking fancy meals every night for dinner. Last night I made a Jamaican Jerk chicken with a coconut jasmine rice. I think I got my mojo back. Lol

LOL. It certainly sounds like it I'm drooling now. I also love to cook. I work my way through college as a chef at a 4-star restaurant for two and a half years I can cook anything but during my detox I kind of got out of it because I was too busy wallowing in my own self-pity. But for the last 2 or 3 weeks I've definitely been doing more cooking and it feels really good

I have 2 handicapped people at home (aunt and father) I have been out of the groove with cooking like I used to (I cook fancy meals) I cooked quick meals and got take out for us. They are trilled I am back to cooking fancy meals every night for dinner. Last night I made a Jamaican Jerk chicken with a coconut jasmine rice. I think I got my mojo back. Lol

Next time you make a dinner like that please invite some of your friends here over. My mouth is now watering.

Randy

Brotop is offline Member

You really start to feel like you found yourself. Also seeing my family happy also gives ya that extra satisfaction. We will have to share our cooking journey as well. I am not a professional but I'm sure I could be. I just love cooking. Lol
    Randy35 and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Brotop is offline Member

Randy, anytime anyone is around my neck of the woods (or ocean lol) you all are more than welcome. Lol

Brotop is offline Member

How is everyone doing today. I'm doing pretty good today. Very satisfied with the work I did at my job today and now I am getting ready to cook dinner for the family. What is everyone up to today/cooking for dinner??

Good day for this guy. Making a homemade vodka sauce, and having rigatoni ala vodka with shrimp and garlic bread. What are you cooking up there???
    Randy35 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Brotop is offline Member

Glad to hear you had a great day. Omg that meal sounds amazing!! Tonight's menu was a ribeye beef stroganoff! It was pretty damn good. Year ago I used to use those powdered mixes but over the years I have learned how to make things without those stupid mixes and it comes out sooo much better. The fam was very happy with the dinner, just a small amount left over for my aunts lunch tomorrow. Gotta figure out what to make for dinner tomorrow, but I do know I am gonna make a key lime pie. I have been craving it for dayssss!!!! Lol. Just gonna have a low key night and watch the Bruins game. (I prefer hockey to every other sport) I used to have season tickets for years till the prices got ridiculous. For 2 seats it was $8,000 for a season. Parking $35 a game, not to mention food. I'll stay home and watch on tv. Lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast