Xanax I NEED HELP
    TheJax is offline New Member

Default Xanax I NEED HELP

Can anybody please help me get off 30 years of taking 2mg xanax,, 5x daily having withdrawal grand mal seizures that can render me speechless,dead,,paralized, and alot more. I have to stop! Enough is enough. They run my world and I need to be in control of me not Xanax in control. If I miss a dose I have a seizure black out wake up throwing up, feeling like I'm about to die. No detox keeps me long enough. They're only 3 days and I did that and had a seizure the 5th day almost dying in rehab. Please I'm begging someone for help and resources NOW! 30 years is enough already! I want my life back! I want my daughter to have her mom for once please please help me. •••••Jax

Please help

Default Please help me

Please I'm begging someone for help. Please. I'll be so grateful and will owe you my life literally

Default Xanax problem. Please help 30 years of abuse

Quote Originally Posted by TheJax View Post
    Please I'm begging someone for help. Please. I'll be so grateful and will owe you my life literally
    Get me off Xanax after 30 years

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Jax welcome to the forum you have come to a great place for support and help. I have zero experience with Xanax but hang in there people here will be by to give there suggestions and support. Again welcome to the forum...

ken41 is offline New Member

Hey Jax, I was on clonopin for 23 years and got off using an amazing taper provided by a Dr. in the UK named Heather Ashton. Google the Ashton Manual and look at the section for Xanax to see the taper charts. I encourage you to read the whole manual and check out some of her videos on YouTube about Benzodiazepines. These newer high potency Benzodiazepines like Xanax, Ativan, clonopin, etc. are so hard to get off, and doing a slow taper using a longer lasting Benzo like Valium or Librium is really important. The Ashton Manual saved my life at a time when I had given up on the medical community at Large. So many doctors do not appreciate the fact that it can take years for some of the damage from Benzodiazepines to be repaired. Xanax is a particularly dangerous one because of water solubility (versus fat soluble) in the body tissues, and how short acting it is. The people who were cold turkeyed from Xanax and Ativan at an inpatient place I worked were the ones who had seizures almost every time. Inpatient is not a good way to get off Benzodiazepines because the 28 day treatment paradigm is not compatible with the prolapsed withdrawals Benzos cause. And because it is cruel to expect someone in acute Benzo w/D's to function in the inpatient setting. You would be sitting next to people who are in POST acute wd's while being in acute wd's yourself. The Ashton Manual is usually well received by doctors, as Dr Ashton was a med school professor herself and has published texts for medical school specifically about Benzodiazepines. Her knowledge is the best I have seen after doing so much research about what doctors around the world are doing about this class of drugs. Anyway, I just ended up bringing the manual in to my doctor and started the taper a week later. This is a huge step towards getting your life back from a medication that blunts so many neurological processes vital to our well being. Many people have physical changes as well such as thyroid disorder. My last taper dose was in August of 2013 and I'm so glad I did it. I still have tricky days with anxiety out of nowhere, but I'm me now, I can listen to music and have fun again. If you have any questions please ask here, there are so many incredibly smart and experienced people on this site, it's saved me so much hardship. Good luck, Ken

I can't even begin to thank you for all you have brought to my attention. You are an angel

Glad to be a part of a help group

extremetm is offline Junior Member

I was taking Xanax just like you only for 15 years. Don't mean to scare you but the side effects after I quit lasted for almost 3 years. They got better after the first year but lingered for almost another 2 years. YMMV.

I call them side effects because I didn't really have withdrawals for very long. I was taking Norco at the same time so that may have helped. Just quit that too 6 days ago. Been off the Xanax 5 years this May and it was totally worth it.

What Xanax did to my brain is unforgivable. Some say it never really leaves. Xanax IMO should be banned by the FDA.

Good luck. If you have the will power you can do it.

Sinthetiks1222 is offline Junior Member

Hope you are doing ok. I never messed with Xanax or the like but I do know that withdrawal from these types of meds can be very dangerous. If you are having major side effects, seek medical help. Like alcohol wds, benzos can actually be life threatening. Prayers for you.