Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
xanax withdrawals are BAD! END of week 1....still need HELP!
    Anonymous Guest

Default xanax withdrawals are BAD! END of week 1....still need HELP!

Vicodin, Xanax and Soda... 3 at a time!?

Hey everyone, age 58...... this is my first time, without these threads I dont know what I would have done without all of you here!....Been going thru withdrawals for over a week...week 2 has been the worst for I have been trying to kick 3 things.... I have learned so much to find ways and other things to help and ya all got me to week 2...just reading and reading... 3 weeks ago I got a very bad case of Pneumonia... and I was given a very high 5 days antis to take... I was very sick for 7 days... Bronchitis.... but I forgot to take my reg meds....thats how sick I was that the sick turned into withdrawals...... I have taken 1- 750 pill of Vicodin everyday for 10 years... no more no less for back aches... and I was taking 2mg of Xanax (bars)...maybe 3 mgs once in awhile for I had some 1.5s also..never went over 3 mg. my usual dose was 2mg.. for 1 year again no more no less at night for sleep...and 20 mg of Valium before that for 16 years....switched over and never felt a change...... during my sickness I so forgot about my others meds and withdrawals started somewhere in between the antis and my sickness.

The good news I think... is I have not taken a Vicodin in 17 days nor do I want one..so thats not really been on my mind....I just stopped those...... but I do think its still messing with me..from what I have read it may takes weeks or months..... the bad news is the Xanax withdrawals has been ruff as hell!.. 2mg a day... so I have read to start tapering by 0.5 mg every 2 weeks... so now I am on 1 week of 1.75 mg of Xanax ( I thinks this is right..1 mg and 3/4)..anyways its been tuff... I have beaten most of the extras with the thanks of THOMAS recipe!!!!!!... except for Gitters, heart palps, still some crazy dizzyness at times and maybe 2-3 sweats per day... sleep is the worse for those Horrible dreams... I find Hot Baths are pretty great for all other things..have had severe neck pains... my head and gitters mess with me so... what I am doing is not working that well... I am better for sure but want even more... I have seen on many threads I should switch to Valium... for withdrawals... So should I switch to Valium and taper or Taper with Xanax..Please any help is needed... I am on my way to getting clean... and I dont want to stop now... help me get thru... ..PS also have stopped so many cokes... read where thats a withdrawal too... so I know this is a part of all things! I am bit shacky tonight I hope I got it all right!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-25-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Lynnsland is offline Junior Member

That sounds awful but you've come so far that it's good. I never knew xanax could be so bad to get off of until I found this website. I used to take it once in awhile several years ago. I hope you keep hanging in with this. Have you tried valerian? Or melatonin? Or Benadryl? I'm a newbie here but just thought you needed to hear somebody is out here hoping you get through it tonight.

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Lynnstand......its been ruff.....but gotta keep it going...no matter..each day is a day better.....this afternoon was Horrible.....but I made it thru it.....its now night and I get scared....I got only your reply....thank you....I did not switch Valium for Xanax.....I almost did but I read one more post and a guy said NO.....it was Bad for him...so I am gonna try to taper on xans still.....I have always known there would be a day this would come.....but I still did it....No but I have heard Benadryl can be good...I am just scared that changing something for another will only make me worse.....I think...dont know....gotta get to tomorrow! Thanks!

Anonymous Guest

well today I am abit better....today is 18 days off Vico.......starting week 2 of Xanax withdrawals and tapering......still have gitters, mind racing and shakes mostly in afternoon and early evening...then I take my dose...eases up!....eating toast and a egg, thats about all I can take.......for me I have decided not to change to Valium.....and keep tapering off Xanax.....I am afraid to change to another Drug...that may not treat me well....I know Xanax aka Onax bars.....I know what they do to me and how I feel....I think I can control that much better.......heard to many people have diff reactions to other meds and at this point I dont wanna go thru anything else except for I am going thru now and get better....so sad to see no one really cares.....but thats ok....I am gonna get off all this >>>>....one way or the other!..I read up on Caffeine Addiction....boy this is bad too.....I was drinking about 10 canned Sodas a day and know down to 3 a day....my body needs it....but a 1/2 a can...3 times a day seems to be holding me........this is also part of the withdrawal problem add the Xanax and its intense.......its hitting me has hard as the Xanax....Sunday I will decrease dose to 1.5 mg of Xanax and use for 7 days..... I hope for more sleep in the next few days...lack of this is bad also...but another day almost done and I am still Alive!

Lynnsland is offline Junior Member

Hi again,
    I took my last 5 mg of norco this am. My knees and back are hurting. But like you today is just about over. Tomorrow isn't here yet so we just keep slogging along. LL

Anonymous Guest

Hi Lynnsland....good for you....take lots of hot baths or showers.....take ty PM.....
    It helps...!....dont lose a day.....keep sloggong to 1 more day!

Anonymous Guest

I see you are on some other threads here....sorry baths dont help....they and my tablet were lifesavers....all I did was read and read for hours..all threads of withdrawals....it helped...got new ideas every hour..and tired anything and everything......til something worked...to get me thru another couple of hours.....keep tryin...once your in....go.....for it....turning back..cant imagine.....you can do this...I am a gramma....and I did it....you maybe younger and stronger.....be strong..it feels good to know...these pills aint gonna control me anymore.........stay on the threads...good luck!
    Lynnsland likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Only drop by .10% with the xanax. You need to get stable again before you drop. I would drop very slowly: every two weeks is what I think you said you were doing. You have classic xanax w/d symptoms: gittery, shakey, no appetite, nightmares, can't sleep. You are not experiencing the w/d from the vicodin anymore. It's best if you give up the caffiene when you are tapering xanax, as that tends to increase the jitters. You are right, xanax w/d is a nightmare. The reason why so many switch to valium is because valium has a longer half life and holds you longer than xanax. With xanax, the half life is only around 6 hours tops and the w/d can hit between doses. TAKE IT SLOW. There is absolutely nothing that you can do for w/d from a benzo, you can try valerian root, also natural gabba, L-theanine is said to help. There are no comfort meds for benzo w/d: you just have to realize it for what it is and push through. By no means should you go c/t from this medicine. Wish you lots of luck.

roadwarrior28 is offline New Member

Congratulations on not just saying you want to get off but actually taking the steps to get off. I do not have a ton of experience with Xanax withdrawal though I know opiate withdrawal unfortunately very well. My girlfriends brother dropped his dose from 6mg to 2mg using kava kava but I have not tried it.

With the vicos I know there are a couple websites out there that have products to help you come off and maintain. I have been ordering one for a few weeks and has really helped me through paws. I went from morfs to subs then clean about 5 months ago but still paws can make it so hard some days but I can't give up after this long. I tried the one stuff from the company that has picture ads on this site always but it didn't help at all. Message me if you want to know what I have been getting to help with paws. What they sell you can get a ton of places online though and sometimes a bit cheaper actually which I am looking into. My brain is scattered today just to explain the jumping around.

Anonymous Guest

Thanks.....all ..20 days off Vicodin after 10 years plus...I think too I am over those....I dont want one either ..its the xanax thats messin with me! I did drop..from 1.75 to 1.50 last night and slept pretty welll..I can so feel the change...even .25 mg...... cant handle the bad dreams out of all the stuff I have been going thru..abit more than I thought, so your right...I need to maintain slower...I was reaching for 1 week tapering....2 weeks maybe better....just want all this to be over with..the last 2 weeks are a blurr of minutes, hours and nights......still have jitters and my ears hear a machine in the background..the sweats are gone or at least the last 24 hours..and it seems to increase if anything goes wrong....but thats pretty much me...but always took a pill..so not doing that is new to me.I gotta handle all my feelings...as per soda....god how I miss it...just giving myself a little 3 times a day..taking it just one day at a time..I am here for anyone....! BE WELL...YOU CAN DO IT!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-28-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Anonymous Guest

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-28-2013 at 10:58 PM.

MrBreezy777 is offline New Member

yeah ur right xannies are a really bad wd but halicon withdrawals are worse i think (personal ex), what i did to get off halicon ,zbars was smoke alot of pot bubblehash and ween urself off the stronger benzos using a weaker benzos like valium , also exercise if u can btw eating pot cookies or brownies could take some pain away although eating pot can get expensive i dunno , if u do look up cannabutter hope this helps peace and LOVE G-MAN

melindau is offline Member

I have been there,NO fun at all I had to work going thru my w/d had PANIC attacks,but went thru it and tried to pretend that I was normal talking to people...It was really hard I could not see for a month and it was really hard to drive,but I made it and you will to... hang in there!!!!!

TightRope is offline Junior Member

Anonymous,
    I am on day 4 of detoxing from Vicky/norco (6 years heavy use 10+ dailey). I dont feel too bad today yet, small hangover today though. I have only heard about how hard xanax is to kick, May the Force be With You! I am actualy using some Xanax now to help my detox, .5mg and I will be very carefull after reading your post, thank you.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is not bigger than you. But don't underestimate it.

This is just my personal observation, (I grew up around addictoin at home as a kid and started drinking/smoking weed very young. I am no expert professional, just experenced?) quiting the xanax is going to be a life chaging event for you from what I read, do whatever you need to do to get through it.
    Is quitting/weening from soda necessary now? I guess just do what you need to do to Kick xanax now.
    Deal with the soda reduction clean, strong, confident, and later? Unless it's working for you?..

I am cheating during my detox from Vicky with low xanax, pot, and beer, and Thomas Recipe, not the best way I know,(this has to be my 9th time trying to quit) but we all got on the hook different ways, so maybe the hooks have to come out different ways for each of us? Can you do any activies, walking f listen to your favorite music, etc?

Stay strong, addiction plays dirty, Get Mean to Get Kleen.