Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By wazzer
  • 2 Post By JohnP45
  • 1 Post By Ming23
your not alone. x
    wazzer is offline New Member

Default your not alone. x

Just want to share with this forum everyone going through withdrawal" your not alone" I'm on day six and the biggest thing I remember from the first two nights of no sleep at all and sat at 4am feeling so alone. I'm a father to three young kids, married and got myself stuck in a six year addiction to painkillers. I decided to go cold turkey 6 days ago and I have to tell everyone I feel so great to be alive.... However I will never forget the agony of day 1;2 and 3. I kept the bath full and must have got in and out about 20 times but it helped, I kept ibuprofen on stand by but at day six I don't need them now.
    I feel indebted to this forum because it was so refreshing to realise there is other people on this earth fighting this same battle. The best piece of advice I can offer is although day 1,2 and three are he'll on earth, it is this nightmare that will keep you off the filthy things... Something I read aswell was to listen to sad songs and embrace them sad thoughts your having because the more you force your mind to produce that serotonin the quicker your mental state will balance it self out and you will be back to your strong amazing self before you know it.
    Keep strong everyone, remember you are worth living in this world just as much as anyone.
    Rebuilding44 likes this.

JohnP45 is offline New Member

You have no idea how much this helped reading this. I am going through WD. I caved last night and took a half of an Oxy ten, and then another quarter at 4AM when it was the worst.

I have had none all day again, second day in a row none during the day. I am doing much better today, but I am DREADING tonight though. I have decided just to go with it. Not try to go to bed and toss and turn. If I only have a few more days, then I can do this.

More than likely I'll be up at 4 AM. But it is consoling to know others have and are going through it too. I really don't want to take any tonight and see what happens. A half doesn't help much. I still get the twisty legs a all that. What's the difference?
    Ming23 and Rebuilding44 like this.

Anonymous Guest

John you should start your own thread so everyone will see it and can help you out. By taking them last night and if you were too tonight you're just dragging it out.. Rip the bandaid off don't pull on it for multiple days. We would all have to know how much you were taking and for how long to really help you. If you put your mind to it YOU CAN DO IT.

I did start my own thread. Didn't get much response! Lol. I have been on 50 milligrams of Oxycodone for two and a half years. I have been tapering for around 10 days, and I am now ready to make the plunge.

Tonight will not be fun, but I have to do it.

Smith9666 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnP45 View Post
    I did start my own thread. Didn't get much response! Lol. I have been on 50 milligrams of Oxycodone for two and a half years. I have been tapering for around 10 days, and I am now ready to make the plunge.

Tonight will not be fun, but I have to do it.
    How long ago did you start it? I was looking for it and didn't see it.

I'll look a little harder but if it was awhile back muabe go on there and comment to bump it up to the top again. If I can't find it I'll just comment on here.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnP45 View Post
    You have no idea how much this helped reading this. I am going through WD. I caved last night and took a half of an Oxy ten, and then another quarter at 4AM when it was the worst.

I have had none all day again, second day in a row none during the day. I am doing much better today, but I am DREADING tonight though. I have decided just to go with it. Not try to go to bed and toss and turn. If I only have a few more days, then I can do this.

More than likely I'll be up at 4 AM. But it is consoling to know others have and are going through it too. I really don't want to take any tonight and see what happens. A half doesn't help much. I still get the twisty legs a all that. What's the difference?
    Hey John
    Yup 4 am is the Magic Hour! You can rest assured that others are up too! You are never really alone on this site!
    Hang in there. In a week you'll be thru this. It's like having the flu. Just gitterdun.
    I used Nyquil and Dayquil.
    Check out Catrina's thread. She has been thru this too and has much experience. She will reassure you--one week!
    Short-acting opioids don't stay in the system very long.
    We're rooting for you!!
    JohnP45 likes this.

I hope you are doing OK. The best I can say is you have did the best thing by just making the decision I'm on day 7 now and my mind is so strong again. I feel like I've just come out of a nightmare, so keep trying to think that way, you will have to go through up to 3 days of it being very unpleasant but after that your body will start appreciating you.. I went for a jog today for the first time in years. Keep up the good work.

I don't need to ask how last night went for you John however feel free to hAve a rant on here.

I took a neurontin and a .5mg Xanax at 11 last night. However it didn't help the creepy crawly legs and the lack of sleep. I was literally shadow boxing in my bed Punching the air, lol.

I finally caved, again and took a quarter of a 10 mg Oxy. 20 mins later I took another quarter and fell asleep for four hours.

I know everyone says just to get rid of them. The problem is both me and my wife have been on them, and we have made a pact to come of them. However we have two small kids, so I said I would go first. So there is still "hers" here.

I haven't taken any all day today, ( or yesterday) and I have no urge to. It is just at night when I am at my lowest, that I have caved the last three nights.

I feel much better today than I have, the achy legs and sneezing is pretty much gone. I just need to get over the nighttime sleep thing. Then I'll have done it.

. .5 milligrams is a pretty small dose. I just so want to be done. I have decided tonight to just go with the sleeplessness. I'm not even going to follow a pattern of getting ready for bed or anything. I'll just stay up. I need to get to 24 hours with nothing. I think that will be the oomph to get over the hump.

Thanks Wazzer. That's what I need. Just to get past those first few nights.

I would agree for you to just accept your not going to sleep. Get some Netflix or other series to watch, the restless legs are the worst aswell so don't try to get comfortable just get up and down whenever you feel like it. A bath helps a lot but it's just a temporary relief so leave it in and just get in and out at your leisure. Keep strong ya can do it. I know or doesn't feel like it for you but my 7 days have gone in the blink of an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith9666 View Post
    How long ago did you start it? I was looking for it and didn't see it.

I'll look a little harder but if it was awhile back muabe go on there and comment to bump it up to the top again. If I can't find it I'll just comment on here.

I started it a few days ago. That's fine if you comment on here though. If Wasser doesn't mind. I don't want to hijack his thread.

Another hot shower, and I'm ready for the night. This will be the night I make it through with taking no Oxycodone. First time since 2013.

Something Im feeling on day 8 of not taking anything I'm starting to have loads of energy and I'm realising how little I did do when I was doped up, and now I'm left with a void to try and fill. But I realise this is a good thing, I don't have to be ready to sleep at 8am I can use that time to constructively do something, so I'm currently looking into a home learning course, I am going to enrol my son into football this weekend. My point is to who ever is making the choice to stop the drugs realise that you are making a choice to change your full life and after the difficult first three days embrace the anxiety feelings because that feeling is your body telling you to get up and enjoy the world we have been blessed with. X

oxyblues is offline Member

Hi John,

I'm on day 6 of quitting cold turkey from 200mg oxy. I feel great! I would say the first 3 days are the hardest. I realize the sleep thing with the RLS is a pain, but you can do anything three days right?

How did it go last night? Also, what dose of neurontin are you taking? I also used neurontin (gabapentin) and what I did was take 600mg 3 times a day those first three days and in the evening I would take a benzo, like xanax, and I was able to thankfully get at least a fitful 4 or 5 hours. Each night the sleep didn't come to me until 4 or 5 AM, but I didn't care, I was greatful to get any at all.

Also, I have a lot of experience with benzos and if you are naive to them then .5mg xanax is a decent dose to help reduce anxiety, but what you are going through calls for more if you are trying to induce sleep. Just a thought, but maybe up it to 1mg? That's still a very safe dose of xanax and it might help you sleep or at the least not care as much that you aren't sleeping.

I found almost no effect from the gabapentin at 300mg or less. For me 600mg was the magic number, but it is a safe medication for the most part and I've read others taking as much as 1200mg to help calm the RLS.

Anyway, think of it like the flu with RLS. You can handle that. It will be over before you even realize it!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-16-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Wazzer. That's great to hear about the energy. I want to stop this rear dragging feeling I've got.

I'm now 43 hours with no Oxycodone. And over the two days prior to that I only had .5 milligrams a day. I daytime WD feelings are pretty well gone, but last night was tough. I finally fell asleep at around 3.

Oxy, I have been following your story, and you are an inspiration to me. I was doing a quick sort of haphazard wean, and after reading yours and others threads, I decided to go cold turkey.

If I need tonight I will up the Xanax, but I don't want to. I really want to have a 24 hour period where I take no drug or drink. It's been well over three years since that has happened.

As night approaches I start to get nervous about what's ahead. Not sleeping is no fun for me. But I am so determined to be free. I took a walk today with my 5 year old son today. Never would have done that on pills.

Maiq the Liar is offline New Member

@oxyblues:
    200mg cold turkey? Wow... I am on 120mg/day. I can't reduce by more than 10mg without going crazy on the second day. I am a chronic pain patient and I used to reduce my dosage about once every 3 months for 1-2 weeks to recover a bit analgetic effectiveness. Really impressed by 200mg CT.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-16-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Maiq the Liar is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maiq the Liar View Post
    @oxyblues:
    200mg cold turkey? Wow... I am on 120mg/day. I can't reduce by more than 10mg without going crazy on the second day. I am a chronic pain patient and I used to reduce my dosage about once every 3 months for 1-2 weeks to recover a bit analgetic effectiveness. Really impressed by 200mg CT.
    Just wanted to add, that I always had less problems with the short acting opioids. With oxycodone, I have the worst symptoms day 4, was done after 7, with tramadol (the first one I got) the worst was day 7 and I felt it about 10-14 days (dont remember exactly). One week I can get through, but two or more - no way.

I'm on day 9 and I still have that nervous feeling you describe John when night time comes but I'm just accepting that it's because the drug got me to sleep but now I'm not going to let it control me any more, I got 7 hours sleep last night and today feel fresh as a daisy, completely without anything in my system for 9 days I feel great. It's like someone up there makes it difficult for us because in order to achieve a goal we have to endure hard times, like I'm trying to get some exercise in but find it totally frustrating that I can't do what I could 5 years ago. However I will endure the bad period because that is the only way you get to the good part..... I no I was looking on this forum on day 1 for someone to tell me the magic answer to stop the agony but I now realise the only way is to endure the bad part which for me was 3 days of no sleep, and only taking ibuprofen... Try to think of the restless legs as parts of your body coming back alive after years of neglect and the diorrea as poison leaving your body, because really all the uncomfortable feelings is your body fighting to get back to a healthy balanced state.