Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnsonJoe03
  • 1 Post By Mayrod
  • 1 Post By Mayrod
  • 1 Post By Mayrod
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Catrina
0.25mg a day about to jump... Should I wean more?
    JohnsonJoe03 is offline New Member

Default 0.25mg a day about to jump... Should I wean more?

My friend jumped at 1mg another at 2 and both were saying they were jumping for joy after around 3 weeks, so I don't know if I'm just prolonging the inevitable by weaning further? Will it really suppress the symptoms that much if I wean further? It helps me mentally to have the sub at my disposal, but at the same time... It's like right in the drawer, looking at me all the time you know? Not sure if that is helping or not, I just don't want an unbearable episode to hit around day 4 and go looking for pills and do something worse. I've been getting the pills now too which sucks because I'm not even sure about my dose, it's around 0.25mg, I have about 4mg of a strip left maybe ill cut that down into 0.125 slices so I know where I'm at. I just hate this pit in my stomach and the constant restlessness... I bet that's going to be inevitable... I haven't even started sneezing or the runny nose yet, when coming off oxycodone those symptoms would be among the first to hit me, so thats kind of a bad feeling, thinking there's still a lot of opiates in my system, so should I just jump, toss the subs? or wean a bit more? Skip 1,2,3 then 4 days?

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

You can taper lower, it's up to you and could help a bit more with your final jump? Have you read Robert's sub taper plan? He recommends skip days. Here's a few paragraphs copied from Robert's plan, I hope this helps?

"I began tapering down until I reached .5mg. (Some people find it necessary to taper down to a little less such as .25mg or less.) It’s quite basic reducing to a very low dose following the Standard Taper Plan that follows. That can be accomplished by a formula. But getting to 0mg can be a little more of a challenge especially for those who come to this forum having been on sub elsewhere for a long time or have experienced some other type of extenuating circumstance."

"After I reached .5mg, I began a process of skipping days. I would take a dose one day, then skip one day. Then dose again, and then skip two days. Then dose again, and then skip three days. Then dose again, and then skip four days. After four days clean I was finished. The half life has had time to catch up with itself."

You're almost there! Great Job! I wish you well... God bless us all!

Mayrod is offline Member

Ricky71
    I just took the day 4 of .25 and I'm wondering if I'm taking them the right way I've been taking it at night but at different times tomorrow I start the.13
    Wed .25 at6pm
    Thursday. 25 at 930pm
    Fri .25 at 11pm
    Sat .25 at midnight
    Sunday I start the .13 but not sure what time to start
    I have been feeling some wd but not to bad
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-11-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

It is really important that you take the sub at the same time everyday..

The skip days go like this
    Dose .13
    Skip a day
    Dose .13
    Skip 2 days
    Dose .13
    Skip 3 days
    Dose .13
    done..

If you go from .25 mg to .13 that is almost a 50% reduction
    That really is too much..
    I went from .25 mg
    To .18
    Then .12 mg
    Then did skip days..

Sub is very strong even at low doses..
    I followed Roberts taper.
    We will support you..
    Let us know what you decide.
    Bette

Ricky and Bette, thanks... Mayrod I have always taken my sub twice a day... In the last few weeks I went to taking it once a day, it was a challenge the first few days but surprisingly adjustable... Definitely at night before bed as it makes me sleep a little at least. I have a really fast metabolism too so I know the half life is likely significantly under 60hr for me.

Anyway, yeah I followed this forum for years, and Robert_325, read his personal plan, and a few posts where he's helped people jump but don't recall their experiences... I'll go look for them... The skip days is the plan then, tomorrow, skipping day #1... It's going to suck because I'm not stable stable on 0.25, like I said, I'm 'ok' just not normal so ill skip and probably end up doing 0.25 Monday night (today Sat). Then, perhaps ill try and skip another and do 0.125 or 0.25 depending on how bad I feel... I have been really honest with my WD symptoms lately and only dose when it gets to be way too much.... So, as the plan stands, skip tomorrow, 0.25mg Monday night, skip 2 days, 0.25 Thursday night, 3 days, etc... Try and make 0.25 my jump dose... Reading other stories makes me feel like I'm going to be a lot better off that most people on sub at that rate.. No cake walk but I think I might avoid the puking and praying for god in a fe

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonJoe03 View Post
    Ricky and Bette, thanks... Mayrod I have always taken my sub twice a day... In the last few weeks I went to taking it once a day, it was a challenge the first few days but surprisingly adjustable... Definitely at night before bed as it makes me sleep a little at least. I have a really fast metabolism too so I know the half life is likely significantly under 60hr for me.

Anyway, yeah I followed this forum for years, and Robert_325, read his personal plan, and a few posts where he's helped people jump but don't recall their experiences... I'll go look for them... The skip days is the plan then, tomorrow, skipping day #1... It's going to suck because I'm not stable stable on 0.25, like I said, I'm 'ok' just not normal so ill skip and probably end up doing 0.25 Monday night (today Sat). Then, perhaps ill try and skip another and do 0.125 or 0.25 depending on how bad I feel... I have been really honest with my WD symptoms lately and only dose when it gets to be way too much.... So, as the plan stands, skip tomorrow, 0.25mg Monday night, skip 2 days, 0.25 Thursday night, 3 days, etc... Try and make 0.25 my jump dose... Reading other stories makes me feel like I'm going to be a lot better off that most people on sub at that rate.. No cake walk but I think I might avoid the puking and praying for god in a fe
    If you're not stable right now then why can't you wait to do so before starting the skip days?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    If you're not stable right now then why can't you wait to do so before starting the skip days?
    Well, I'm like 90%, and just want to be done with it mostly, but also, my supply is limited... I guess it's not that limited I used to panic when I only had 12mg left, now I suppose it could last a while...(48+/- days) and I could get some more during that time...

But to answer your question It's mostly that I'm just so done with this >>>>, its consumed my senses and made me a robot the WD really makes me realize what I've been missing out on, music, pretty much everything active that I used to do all the time, gym, hobbies. All that took a backseat to a content numbness I guess... I'm just going to go for the skip tomorrow, and if it's unbearable ill make sure to stabilize 100% on the 0.25mg. We'll see, I'll be honest here with tomorrow if I take the piece or not, and how it all goes.
    Ricky71 likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

You are soooo close! Yes. I have seen some people begin skip days once completely stable at .25 but even more frequently, it seems a smoother ride to reduce at least once more or even twice. Down to .18 and then .125. You're only two reductions away. If I were you, I would do at least one more reduction to .18 and then skip days. That's only 4 or five more days and that will give you more time to catch up with the half life regardless of how fast your metabolism is. It takes a long time for it to be entirely out of your system.

I'm just saying, I know you're sick of it now but consider giving yourself the best chance of a soft landing. Attempting to jump or skip too soon may end up just setting you back trying to get stable again. Your choice. Keep us updated.

Peace,

Cat

Mayrod is offline Member

So what your saying is that I'm not stable yet. How do I know when I'm stable
    Catrina likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayrod View Post
    So what your saying is that I'm not stable yet. How do I know when I'm stable
    Not saying you're not stable. Only you know that but if you've been on .25/day for four days you just might be stable. I think there's confusion here with two members, you and Johnsonjoe posting here. For you, a drop to .13 is 50% and TOO MUCH! Your next drop should be at .18. Then you can begin skip days or make another drop to .125, stabilize and then begin skip days or jump.

You'll know when you're stable if you have little to NO symptoms. That's when it's time to reduce.

Hope this helps.

Peace,

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Not saying you're not stable. Only you know that but if you've been on .25/day for four days you just might be stable. I think there's confusion here with two members, you and Johnsonjoe posting here. For you, a drop to .13 is 50% and TOO MUCH! Your next drop should be at .18. Then you can begin skip days or make another drop to .125, stabilize and then begin skip days or jump.

You'll know when you're stable if you have little to NO symptoms. That's when it's time to reduce.

Hope this helps.

Peace,

Cat
    Also--you should be sure to dose at the same time everyday! Don't jump around with your dose or the time you take it.

Mayrod is offline Member

So I took my last .25 at midnight now can I tapper down to .18 this morning I rather take it in the day time so I can have energy and can function I am still having some wd but it's not the bad what do you think
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-12-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    Catrina likes this.

So I took my last .25 at midnight now can I tapper down to .18 this morning I rather take it in the day time so I can have energy and can function I am still having some wd but it's not the bad what do you think
    What symptoms are you having? Are you dosing once or twice a day?

Mayrod is offline Member

Once a day some sweating feeling irritable and the Goosebumps feelings I start to watch the clock it's playing with my head should I start taking the point 18 now for 4 days then drop down some sneezing and some diarrhea I definitely can't sleep
    Catrina likes this.

Once a day some sweating feeling irritable and the Goosebumps feelings I start to watch the clock it's playing with my head should I start taking the point 18 now for 4 days then drop down some sneezing and some diarrhea I definitely can't sleep
    I'd wait another day and see how you feel. I think you've still got too many symptoms still. Hold on another day and check in to see how you're feeling. The other thing, if I didn't mention--please choose the best time to dose and dose at that same time everyday. Really important!

Peace,

Cat

Mayrod is offline Member

So if I want to go to a .18 today can I do it now rather then at midnight I can't thank you enough for all your help

Mayrod..

It is a little confusing because you both are so close at dose
    With similar questions..

Yes..
    Start dosing at the same time everyday..
    I would do it on the am.

For 2 reasons it will be a new routine for your body ..
    A new routine for your mind..
    Which is what you will need when your jump..

If you think about it we need to develop new habits in our new life ..
    So I found it best to start before I jumped..

Because you dosed at midnight last night 0.25 mg
    If you take 0.18 mg this am..
    You will have almost doubled your dose for today..

If you fo decide to dose today and start that schedule
    I would definely stay at 0.18 mg a couple extra days before your drop
    to ensure that the extra has gotten out of your system..

Do you understand what I mean?

In the big picture it really won't matter..
    If it helps you get to the end goal
    Successfully..

Then I would go for it!
    Bette

Johnson

People have jumped from 0.25 mg
    And
    Succeeded..
    As you know in the end it is very much a mental game..
    You definely can start your skip days..
    As you know many of us have gone down lower..
    But it is of course up to you..

Because you are ready ..
    That will definely help!

If I were you give it a go..
    Dose 0.25 mg
    Skip a day
    Dose skip 2 days
    Dose
    Skip 3 days
    Dose
    Done!

I Sid skip days from 0.125 mg and jumped after the 2 nod skip and was ok.
    Everyone is different.

It is great that you went to dosing to 1 time a day..
    That will help..
    Bette

Mayrod is offline Member

So it's been 13hrs since my last dose .25 day 4
    Going to take .19 at 130pm today don't know how to cut the 2mg film to .18

Mayrod is offline Member

So I took the .19 at 2pm today I will stay on that for 4 days. Right until late on can go down to .13 or do I do half of .19

So it's been 13hrs since my last dose .25 day 4
    Going to take .19 at 130pm today don't know how to cut the 2mg film to .18
    Mayrod - start your own thread! You are on JohnsonJoe03's thread. What's happening is you're confusing the people here that are trying to help you and Joe at the same time! Please start your own thread, it will make things much easier and a lot less confusing! Thanks and good luck... God bless us all!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Mayrod is offline Member

I'm sorry how do I do that I really need your help with is how do.I start mu own
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-12-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Mayrod is offline Member

Is this it

Is this it
    Nope. LOL I'll go start one for you. In your first post, catch people up with how far you've come and where you are now just in case they haven't found you here. It will MUCH easier to find you and for you to find posts directed to you!

Watch for it. Going to start it for you right now!

Peace,

Cat
    Fish guide likes this.

Mayrod is offline Member

I'm so sorry where do I look ty so much

Ricky I love that
    God Bless us all!
    Amen..

Now I am confused about who is at what dose?
    I will fiquere it out though.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-12-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Ricky I love that
    God Bless us all!
    Amen..

Now I am confused about who is at what dose?
    I will fiquere it out though.
    Hi Bette, Cat started a thread for Mayrod in the Need To Talk forum. The thread is called "Mayrod's New Thread!"...

lol, well, I guess we're around the same dose but I wish Mayrod knew how to use the forum better, it's all good man, were in about the same spot so no matter to me. You seem a little bit closer/lower than me maybe?

So to anyone who is interested I gave in and took about 0.25 (dinner time).... I got some strips, not to prolong this, but it's just so much easier to gauge doses, the pills is a near complete guess at 250 micrograms... ha good luck, plus you can't really sublingual the pills at such low doses properly IMO... So... I got a couple strips to cut.. The pills were weaker, but I was probably doing a little more than 0.25, so as I put 0.25 'Suboxone' under my tongue in strip form, the strongest (name brand) buprenorphine (generics get like a 20% +/- I believe) I get a little more intense WD, nothing I can't handle, I find myself crying watching movies and at stupid things, emotions are heightened, still no sneezing, strange since it was usually a first symptom for me. Oh, these symptoms are typically only prominent around 18-20 hours after last dose... I'm good for at least 18 hours with 0.25, like I said near 100% now, but the metabolism or something, makes me unable to go the 24 without discomfort so I guess I'm not completely stable...

So, as I said.. I took 0.25 tonight... I really should have waited longer it's only around dinner time here, tomorrow I'll take another 0.25 at bedtime depending on feeling, I think it will be easier to stabilize on the 0.25 first, but if it takes much longer than a couple days, im dropping to 0.13-0.18mg. I know 0.125 (1/8) is a 50% reduction but with the 8mg strips, and the low dose ill manage to stabilize on it, even if I'm not stable on 0.25 after a couple days, like I said... I need to move on, it's summer time, and I'm lucky to have friends and people who are rewarding this journey I take to freedom.... And no, that's not the reason I'm quitting, nor is supply, or money, it's 100% me, that's why I know it will work, in the past, when I quit for financial reasons or for a girlfriend or whatever it wasn't for me, I didn't want to quit subconsciously, even on a conscious level I knew I really didn't want to quit, this time just feels different... Also, in the past after getting these strips I would have taken like 2mg tonight to get a really good feeling, not this time..

I hate even taking the stuff where I used to look forward to it, now it just feels like daily handcuffs where if I don't comply some imaginary person poisons me and sentences me to torture for a week straight lol. Just rambling my thoughts off, sorry my posts are so long.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Johnsonjoe
    I jumped from .25 mg. if you're stable for four days on .25mg you can either begin skipping days or just jump. I jumped. It wasn't bad. Let us know how ur doing. Proud of you!!