Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Johnnyfever
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 2 Post By Iluv2smile
From 10-15 30mg Roxy/day habit to 16mg Sub past 7 days.Feeling great now. Need plan!
    Johnnyfever is offline New Member

Default From 10-15 30mg Roxy/day habit to 16mg Sub past 7 days.Feeling great now. Need plan!

Hi - I am 7 days post stopping a 300-500/day roxy addicition. Last week I saw a suboxone Dr. who put me on 16mg sub per day. I took my first dose about 20 hours after my last Roxy and it was fine. I felt somewhat bad for 3 days during the transition. Physically and mentally drained and depressed. I cried for no reason off and on for 3 days. And I am a dude who never cries. Now I feel pretty darn good having leveled out. I am sleeping well. Clear mind at work. Getting there on time! A little depressed/bored/blah feeling.

I would love to hear some thoughts and get some help. My questions are 1) when will I get my vitality back? metal stuff. excitement? 2) what is the recommended pace of cutting back the Sub? My Dr.'s view is start at a level and find a consistent amount that feels normal. After stabilizing for a few months, his goal is getting me off completely. I like the plan to get off completely, But the more I read on here I feel like I want to taper down much sooner. So, what is suggested? Is there a good formula for me to go from 16mg/day (2 8mg films) down to zero eventually, At what pace? No rush, but also do not want to prolong it anymore. I would love to hear some perspectives from experience.

No need to lecture me that I started higher than recommended on here. I just got on this site and learned that point of view. Until now I have just been following Dr. orders. Plus, had I tried to start at 1mg and slowly add until comfortable, I may have made it to 16mg or more. I was on a heavy oxy dose for a long time with zero time off. Zero. I would wake up to a couple 30mgs, take them all day long just to feel decent, take a handful after work for fun, more throughtout evening, more at bedtime to sleep and if I awoke in middle of night pop a few to get back to sleep. Add that all up and it was a hell of a lot and non-stop. I spent a lot of money, That was main reason I quit to be honest.

Thanks in advance for any comments and plan of attack for me from here!

JF
    Ming23 likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyfever View Post
    Hi - I am 7 days post stopping a 300-500/day roxy addicition. Last week I saw a suboxone Dr. who put me on 16mg sub per day. I took my first dose about 20 hours after my last Roxy and it was fine. I felt somewhat bad for 3 days during the transition. Physically and mentally drained and depressed. I cried for no reason off and on for 3 days. And I am a dude who never cries. Now I feel pretty darn good having leveled out. I am sleeping well. Clear mind at work. Getting there on time! A little depressed/bored/blah feeling.

I would love to hear some thoughts and get some help. My questions are 1) when will I get my vitality back? metal stuff. excitement? 2) what is the recommended pace of cutting back the Sub? My Dr.'s view is start at a level and find a consistent amount that feels normal. After stabilizing for a few months, his goal is getting me off completely. I like the plan to get off completely, But the more I read on here I feel like I want to taper down much sooner. So, what is suggested? Is there a good formula for me to go from 16mg/day (2 8mg films) down to zero eventually, At what pace? No rush, but also do not want to prolong it anymore. I would love to hear some perspectives from experience.

No need to lecture me that I started higher than recommended on here. I just got on this site and learned that point of view. Until now I have just been following Dr. orders. Plus, had I tried to start at 1mg and slowly add until comfortable, I may have made it to 16mg or more. I was on a heavy oxy dose for a long time with zero time off. Zero. I would wake up to a couple 30mgs, take them all day long just to feel decent, take a handful after work for fun, more throughtout evening, more at bedtime to sleep and if I awoke in middle of night pop a few to get back to sleep. Add that all up and it was a hell of a lot and non-stop. I spent a lot of money, That was main reason I quit to be honest.

Thanks in advance for any comments and plan of attack for me from here!

JF
    Welcome to the forum JF. You're in a good place here and we can help you properly taper off of the subs. As you have mentioned and now you know that you are taking way too much sub, that's not your fault, these sub doctors really don't know any better!

We recommend that you just continue to get your subs from your doctor but don't mention anything to him/her about doing your own taper! You'll follow the sub therapy/taper plan that has been used here successfully by many, many members before you.

I would say that you could drop your sub dosage down right away to 8mg/day. Subs are very strong, you probably won't even notice a difference from the drop, with subs less is more! You'll dose twice a day 8-10 hours apart. For example: 4mg at 9am and dose 4mg again at 6pm, after your last dose at 6pm you won't dose again until 9am the next day. It's very important to dose at the same times everyday to keep a consistent level of sub in your system! You will be doing 25% reductions every 4 days or so, sometimes it may take a day or two longer in between reductions? The most important thing to remember is to not do a reduction until you're completely stable on your current dose! Stable means very little to no withdrawals!

Here's a link to Robert's sub therapy/taper plan - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Take the time to study and really understand how the plan works? You can skip the induction part of the plan because you are already taking subs. If you follow the rest of the plan as outlined you can completely taper off the subs with very little to no discomfort! Robert's plan takes about two months give or take a few weeks either way? Other's will be by your thread as well. You'll get plenty of help and support here so keep us updated? Ask all the questions you need? You can do this! Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    Ming23 likes this.

Johnnyfever is offline New Member

Default thank you!!!!!

I really appreciate your comments and help. I am going to cut back immediately and ill keep this updated as it goes. thank you again.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Johnny!
    I agree w Ricky. Cut that dose in half. Read Robert 325's plan closely. Plan your taper. You're doing a good thing & will never regret it. Post anytime!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

I agree with Ming and Ricky..

If for no other reason than you will feel better!
    Sub is a strange drug..
    with too much you can feel like it is not enough!

I got off of a 150+ a day methadone habit and the Drs put me at 24 mg and I always thought more is better
    But that is not the case with sub.
    Less is more!

Welcome to a great place to be on and get off sub !
    You can do this because we did it!
    So it is possible!
    Something I wasn't sure of before!
    Take care Bette
    Lvg nghtmare and Ming23 like this.