Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By xxHooTxx
  • 1 Post By Alex13
10 year Suboxone - My Mr Robot experience
    Thisdelirium is offline New Member

Default 10 year Suboxone - My Mr Robot experience

First of all I was an Opiate addict like most .. 2000-2006 up to 20 Norco a day. Then straight to Suboxone 2 8's and 2 1mg Extended release Xanax a day plus Zoloft... Suboxone first of all should NEVER be given with a bunch of Benzo ... I was nodding out for 10 years and didn't know why .. So starting drinking 2 5 hour energy drinks a day... I'd literally pass out in meetings at work. I elected to not taper and have been cold turkey in my back yard like a lit Christmas tree of all the worst stuff you can ever encounter .. Day 1 is ok because it's in your system still and ur just worried about what about to come .. Day 3-4 are brutal. I ripped apart the house on a daily basis even last night .. Which is what day 12-13 cold turkey .. You will go thru things you never could imagine unless maybe giving birth is rougher with zero pain med.. How have I been coping.. Well first u may feel on day 8 "hey it's over" I'm good!! Yay then 10-11-12 hit and you are like a lion in a cage .. So what have I done so far.. Last night I Made a meeting .. You have to get out of the cage.. It's not good.. Go to a NA meeting and say I'm detoxing and losing my mind .. They will surround you and love u. Last night's meeting was the first time out of my backyard where I'm on lock down. I sit in the sun all day .. Taking Advils.. Drink water . The days get better .. Then the devil kicks in about 10pm and u are hanging on the ceiling and just want to go to bed... Take 10 baths and showers.. And excuse me for this.. But the only way I've found to get past the restles craziness is light up the endorphins with a self service. I'm sorry but this is about helping .. Take the shower .. Do the think and immediately lay down .. It's the only way I can do it .. I'm not sure people post the day 8's being good and getting better .. Well buckle up and man up because if u want to kick the withdrawal will help u NEVER wanted to ever go thru that again. Anyway I hope I can help somebody .. I'm day 12-13 and sick as heck still. Don't get me wrong the daytime gets easier .. It's the nights when 3am rolls by and u are hanging on the chandelier ready to eat anything .. Jump in the bath or shower... Do the thing .. Go right to wherever u sleep and u will find its the only way for now.

Thisdelirium is offline New Member

One piece of advice . If u go the hard way DO NOT bend. Don't say oh man let me just take one Sub or whatever for these withdrawals .. It makes it worse. Prolongs . It's a 30 day deal maybe. Maybe more . I'll let u know at 30 days .

Alex13 is offline Junior Member

I am with you, today is day 25 for me since jumping at 4 mg of Suboxone from a very quick taper from 24 mg a day. Good news is some of the symptoms get better, bad news is I still don't sleep well and still feel like yuk. Overall it's getting better and totally manageable, much better than day 3-15. The really bad broke around two weeks, all that still exist is the endless cold and insomnia. I've tried every trick in the book but what it really takes is time. Expect 30-45 days of feeling crazy and possibly 60 days before your sleep patterns return to normal. I'm so used to lack of sleep at this point that it doesn't even matter anymore.

What works best for me is headphones and exercise, it's the only time I feel 100%.

There are two of us going through similar stuff as you right now, both of us have post that you can read so you'll know what to expect. Hoot and I have posted everyday.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thisdelirium View Post
    First of all I was an Opiate addict like most .. 2000-2006 up to 20 Norco a day. Then straight to Suboxone 2 8's and 2 1mg Extended release Xanax a day plus Zoloft... Suboxone first of all should NEVER be given with a bunch of Benzo ... I was nodding out for 10 years and didn't know why .. So starting drinking 2 5 hour energy drinks a day... I'd literally pass out in meetings at work. I elected to not taper and have been cold turkey in my back yard like a lit Christmas tree of all the worst stuff you can ever encounter .. Day 1 is ok because it's in your system still and ur just worried about what about to come .. Day 3-4 are brutal. I ripped apart the house on a daily basis even last night .. Which is what day 12-13 cold turkey .. You will go thru things you never could imagine unless maybe giving birth is rougher with zero pain med.. How have I been coping.. Well first u may feel on day 8 "hey it's over" I'm good!! Yay then 10-11-12 hit and you are like a lion in a cage .. So what have I done so far.. Last night I Made a meeting .. You have to get out of the cage.. It's not good.. Go to a NA meeting and say I'm detoxing and losing my mind .. They will surround you and love u. Last night's meeting was the first time out of my backyard where I'm on lock down. I sit in the sun all day .. Taking Advils.. Drink water . The days get better .. Then the devil kicks in about 10pm and u are hanging on the ceiling and just want to go to bed... Take 10 baths and showers.. And excuse me for this.. But the only way I've found to get past the restles craziness is light up the endorphins with a self service. I'm sorry but this is about helping .. Take the shower .. Do the think and immediately lay down .. It's the only way I can do it .. I'm not sure people post the day 8's being good and getting better .. Well buckle up and man up because if u want to kick the withdrawal will help u NEVER wanted to ever go thru that again. Anyway I hope I can help somebody .. I'm day 12-13 and sick as heck still. Don't get me wrong the daytime gets easier .. It's the nights when 3am rolls by and u are hanging on the chandelier ready to eat anything .. Jump in the bath or shower... Do the thing .. Go right to wherever u sleep and u will find its the only way for now.
    Hey there. Welcome.

Good to see you started a thread. I replied to your first post on someone else's thread. You quit cold turkey from 16 mg, right? That's insane but you're a champ for hanging in there. So how many days are you at now?

Kudos for going to a meeting. NA (sometimes AA) meetings played a huge part in my 17 months of sobriety before I relapsed. I stopped going to meetings after I was clean for about a year and got really complacent in my recovery. Got a bit cocky, I guess you could say. The beast is always there waiting for us to slip up and make an excuse or justification to use, which is what happened with me. Before I knew it, I was gobbling Norco and chewing up 60 mg ER Morphine pills like no one's business. It was pretty bad. I'm doing another Sub taper now. Back to the meetings, too.

Anyway, I really wish you all the best. I can't imagine going through a Sub detox from such a high dose. You're stronger than me, that's for damn sure.

Keep posting.
    Kat

Decadeofdirt is offline New Member

I'm on day 22 from 3mg, after 8 years of sub. I'm sitting in my car dreading work because I'm still so fatigued! Id be lying if I didn't say I feel way better than then first ten days. Most of my symptoms are gone, or minimal, but this damn fatigue and lack of motivation has me considering relapse on a daily basis!

Staying busy helps a lot though. Videogames, movies, walks, good conversation. Going for a drive with some music has been essential I've probably put 1k miles on my car the past 3 weeks just driving aimlessly!

thed is offline Junior Member

I did an 8mg jump the first time I went through the process, and like you said, it's a 30 day process... it's NOT fun. It gets better, but nights are hard. I also smoked to help, and like you said, it was the only thing to help.

Good for you for getting control of your life again, hell or high water... I hope you feel better ASAP.

xxHooTxx is offline New Member

Stick it out. When walking through hell just keep walking. You got this. Day 23 for me. 8mg jump. Sucks but I've bee through worse and this can be the last time. I hit up Na everyday. Call people. Build a foundation. Just focus on not putting anything in your body and give yourself a chance to heal. 10 hot baths and showers a day with headphones on was the only relief. Still maybe 3 or 4 hours of broken dream sleep for me but I'm starting to like watching the sun come up. I'm still very uncomfortable but I used to that. I have been my whole life.

Stick it out. You got this.

Hoot.
    Ming23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xxHooTxx View Post
    Stick it out. When walking through hell just keep walking. You got this. Day 23 for me. 8mg jump. Sucks but I've bee through worse and this can be the last time. I hit up Na everyday. Call people. Build a foundation. Just focus on not putting anything in your body and give yourself a chance to heal. 10 hot baths and showers a day with headphones on was the only relief. Still maybe 3 or 4 hours of broken dream sleep for me but I'm starting to like watching the sun come up. I'm still very uncomfortable but I used to that. I have been my whole life.

Stick it out. You got this.

Hoot.
    Have you tried the melatonin at all? I'm curious on what works best for sleep but based on your 3 to 4 hours, I'm guessing you are also curious lol

Dude, that stuff made my dreams so much more intense I couldn't take it. Plus, it made me very groggy in the morning. You can try it. I triple dosed. Maybe to much. But, I stil only got 4 hours of sleep.

Hoot

Same here with the melatonin, when I took 9 mg I woke up feeling like I had taken a zany bar. I've been taking 1 3mg and .15 clonidine every night but it doesn't help, the only thing that would knock me out is Xanax but I refuse to give up one addition for another. Eventually, this will break. Hoot, I too have been going outside with my headphones for the sunrise. It's actually quite nice until the heat picks up than I run for cover. Good news is that on day 25 or 26 (can't remember anymore) it's getting better, I feel really good. Sleep is an afterthought at this point, I've become a professional at balling up and acting like I'm sleeping.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Yes sleep is the last thing to come. Back..

With the melatonin do you take it turn then your lights and tv off?
    It helps because it makes the melatonin work better..
    Congratulations !

Life is so much better
    Rockin
    It
    Clean
    In
    2016!
    Bette

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    Yes sleep is the last thing to come. Back..

With the melatonin do you take it turn then your lights and tv off?
    It helps because it makes the melatonin work better..
    Congratulations !

Life is so much better
    Rockin
    It
    Clean
    In
    2016!
    Bette
    Melatonin seems to work best for me at a 5mg dose and a half hour before and no tv, straight lights out and trying to sleep.
    Haven't tried it since actual wds kicked in recently. Dr offered me clonodine also but I didn't accept it thinking it was habit forming. I'll pass if you all say doesn't work

Clonidine worked really well for me. I took .15 mg 3 x daily for first 14 days than cut back to .15 2x daily from day 15-20 than .15 at night from 20 - present. It's helps me a lot. No ill feelings while cutting back
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-12-2016 at 08:31 PM.

You hanging in there still?

Hoot.