Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
.125 mg Suboxone wanting to skip days, need support.
    heregoes is offline Junior Member

Default Need support still skipping days Suboxone

I just finished my 4 day skip, otherwise known as 104 hours without suboxone.

I did miss work last night for the second time Since I started skipping days. I started vomiting and have been exhausted.

The detox meds are still helping a lot.
    I have been eating mostly cottage cheese and salmon to get my protein. I've been trying to stay hydrated and rest when I can. I worked out this morning I have to say that the exercise helps tremendously. Even though I only exercised for 30 minutes I think it helped.

My husband has been taking care of the baby mostly himself. I am so grateful for this.

I am feeling foggy again today.

We are going out of town in two days to visit one of my sick relatives several states away. Since I have not been very helpful with anything I decided to go ahead and go dose again 1/64 mg suboxone.

This is all been very challenging but definitely doable thank you for the support I will keep posting.

I have been feeling a lot and guilt because I have not been helping with the baby a lot.
    I also feel guilty taking another dose of Suboxone. Truthfully I think my brain searches for things to be upset about.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-06-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Sorry, I didn't see your post from yesterday. That's so great that you made it 104 hours! So, you took a tiny bit to help the WD symptoms?

Usually people who skip 4 days jump at that point. But, this is your taper and 1/64 th is such a small dose. Are you going to try to make that your last dose?

You're doing great.
    Kat

You know I think I will try to make this my last dose. I need to pack and do laundry and help drive Out of town and then also be able to function with my family.

I am having a little bit of a hard time today because I'm so exhausted I think.

Still, this has been the best detox / withdraw / taper I've ever experienced.

I read a post on here somewhere about somebody who would take there dose every 4 days because they were afraid to finally quit.

They said that they were always waiting for the real withdraws to kick in, yet it never got any worse.

The mine is so strong.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Hello heregoes . Bravo on your decision to get off subs and congrats on making it over 100 hours . From what I know from reading others and my own experience getting off you are right at the verge of being free . Stay hydrated as much as possible and do your best to keep calories coming in . A few things that helped me at the end where ensure , Gatorade & even pedialyte for the days I didn't drink much . The mind will play tricks on you and try to keep you taking this substance so try to keep a positive mindset . Best of luck to you .

Ken

Default day 6 no suboxone

Thank you for the suggestions on how to stay hydrated and healthy. The mind is so powerful, I agree.

Today is day 6 since my last dose of suboxone.

Now I'm starting to understand what people mean by the last part being mental.

I am feeling normal and clear more and more each day. My brain is still trying to tell me that I am in the middle of a crisis.

My symptoms are minimal and exercise helps a lot.

I will check in again soon tomorrow or the next day. I honestly believe that my perception will keep getting better. I have so much to be grateful for. I am trying to limit my complaining. I seem to be in a very self consumed state of mind.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and suggestions with me and for listening.
    Iwantoff2013 and Ken2727 like this.

Thumbs up Day 7 - 10 No suboxone, I feel better, turning point

Day 7 and 8

Today I spent some time with other people who are sober, that helped so much. I am feeling more normal. I am still restless and some stomach issues, but that is expected. I have more energy now. Day 7 seems to be a turning point. Baths still help, several times a day. Exercise, water and food (protein) make me feel better and even seem to help with any physical discomfort.

Day 9

I cut up all of my remaining strips, dissolved them in water and took some photos of this event. I guess I felt that destroying them would be wasteful, then I realized everyday suboxone is made in a factory and I don't need them anymore.

Day 10

I am less stressed. I have more energy. I have been able to play with my son and get up at night for his bottle and diaper change. I am able to sleep. Today I want to experiment with not taking caffeine. I think the caffeine has really made it harder on my body and mind.

I have been falling asleep by taking a bath, using a heating pad and naming things I am grateful for until I fall asleep. Getting out of my house has been helpful, I usually go to the gym first and make a good breakfast, then nap.

I have some chills, but I have been taking the clonidine less because I want to give my body a chance to heal without medication. I trust my body now. My mind and I are still working things out, though this morning I feel that anything is possible and a new chapter is opening in my life. Tomorrow I start a new job.
    michaelhadenough likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

10 days is fantastic! I'm really happy for you. You sound great and your positive outlook will make all the difference. I like how you said "your mind is telling you you're in the middle of a crises". It just goes to show how powerful our thoughts are and how much they can affect not only our emotional state but physical state too. I can imagine that I'll feel much the same way when I jump off subs. Makes me a bit nervous to think of it!

You're doing great. Keep us posted.
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    10 days is fantastic! I'm really happy for you. You sound great and your positive outlook will make all the difference. I like how you said "your mind is telling you you're in the middle of a crises". It just goes to show how powerful our thoughts are and how much they can affect not only our emotional state but physical state too. I can imagine that I'll feel much the same way when I jump off subs. Makes me a bit nervous to think of it!

You're doing great. Keep us posted.
    Kat
    Kat, just realize I was so fearful. 7 days really was the turning point, I know I spent years worrying about something that passed in 7 days. I laughed hard today and was surprised at my clarity and calmness.
    Ken2727 likes this.

sore6 is offline Junior Member

keep doing what you are doing, that is amazing. We are here to support you. You have done an amazing job, by the way just out of curiosity do you notice an increase of your sex drive? I am a male but suboxone destroyed my sex drive. I would just never be in the mood. I would have to force myself to have sex. Opiates are known to cause a decrease in testosterone in men. Anyways keep up the good work .

Day 17

At 2 weeks I began having a lot of back pain. I was having trouble finding any relief. I had not worked out in a week and I had quit the Wellbutrin. I thought about filling a Tramadol perscription. Instead, I started a small amount of the Wellbutrin again, which seemed to help with the cravings for a quick answer to the back pain. Walking/ exercising seems to have made a difference.

I am still taking the Requip for RLS. Exercise, water and food seem to help everything. I wanted to check in with all of you. You guys really help me.

I started a new job. My schedule has been rearranged till training is over. Change just keeps happening and that is good. I have so much hope now. I don't always feel great or even good. I feel like I just got sober again all over again.

michaelhadenough is offline New Member

hello heregoes
    i am new here reading all of the success stories. im using them as motivation for my journey. i am so happy for u and i pray you stay well. let us know how u do

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

michael: when you are ready to start your journey or are just ready to start your thread to keep a record of your journey or your thoughts, we'll be here.

Peace,

Iloerose

Quote Originally Posted by michaelhadenough View Post
    hello heregoes
    i am new here reading all of the success stories. im using them as motivation for my journey. i am so happy for u and i pray you stay well. let us know how u do
    Michael, thank you and it helped me to read success stories instead a bunch. The positive stories let me know what does work. Today is the 4 week mark for me. Every week gets way better. Good luck to you!!

Hero

Hi heregoesthere. I just found your thread....Im at the end of my taper trying to get through my skip days. I did the first one but the second seems a bit harder. The days seem to be crawling by towards the end of it...it seems. Nasty heartburn. Anyways reading your post makes me feel so much better. Im just trying to make it past two skip days. So happy to hear your doing better I cant wait for that feeling!

[QUOTE=GettinItOverWith;427550]Hi heregoesthere. I just found your thread....Im at the end of my taper trying to get through my skip days. I did the first one but the second seems a bit harder. The days seem to be crawling by towards the end of it...it seems. Nasty heartburn. Anyways reading your post makes me feel so much better. Im just trying to make it past two skip days. So happy to hear your doing better I cant wait for that feeling![

I was so fearful when I started wanting to skip days. And I didn't understand what it meant to be a mental challenge rather than a physical challenge. Yes it's uncomfortable to skip the suboxone but also we are doing it when we've already been uncomfortable for quite some time, since we began tapering our dose. You are already successful.

Every Thursday is another week for me Without the suboxone. And every time a thursday comes around I feel way better than the previous Thursday.

Exercising helps reduce my restlessness. Baths have a renewing feeling when I thought I couldn't make it another moment. I also found food and water to be very important. Today I still am taking advantage of all of these factors helping me.

I am very excited for you please keep us posted, you can do this. Remember that your brain needs to heal and its going to tell you that you need to take the suboxone. I see now that my thinking was not always clear.

I also want to say that in the short time my life has changed for the better drastically. Thank you so much for your post.

Heregoes

Yeah the skipping days have been the hardest for me. I'm gonna try to push through til either tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Definitely uncomfortable once that 24 hours passes. Symptoms start flaring up more and more and I am using only OTC meds to help :/ my husband switched insurance so until that starts back up no insurance so any comfort prescriptions are not an option for me right now. I'm set on doing this though. I can't wait to be where you are! Gonna try to stay positive. I can't have that much more to go right?

Quote Originally Posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
    Yeah the skipping days have been the hardest for me. I'm gonna try to push through til either tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Definitely uncomfortable once that 24 hours passes. Symptoms start flaring up more and more and I am using only OTC meds to help :/ my husband switched insurance so until that starts back up no insurance so any comfort prescriptions are not an option for me right now. I'm set on doing this though. I can't wait to be where you are! Gonna try to stay positive. I can't have that much more to go right?

I didn't realize how mental skipping days I was until after I had gotten through it. When I got stressed or scared my anxiety triggered my symptoms. Also true when I was able to calm down my symptoms calmed down.
    Sitting around waiting for the hours to pass made things harder for me. In my experience getting out of the house And keeping my mind and body occupied made a huge difference. My thinking was not trustworthy. I say all of this to say, that yes, you are almost there. For me the experience of skipping the days successfully fueled my motivation even more. I truly think that I thought this was an almost impossible feat I know now that is very far from the truth. The amazing thing is that I didn't give up and I went through with it even though I was scared. I am so excited for you, you can definitely do this which you will soon see as fact.
    iloerose likes this.

Thank you well I think I'm finally pulling off another skip day, maybe even jumping from here...I'm just feeling things out right now. I definitely understand what you mean by anxiety triggering symptoms and yesterday and today I keep having to remind myself I'm fine and I am! I have really minor and I mean minor minor symptoms. To the point when I'm out and about I forget about them as you said. I really hope things stay this way! If so I'm not touching another dose. Last dose was Weds night at 7:00 or 8:00 pm. I genuinely feel ok! Slept good last night and if I sleep good tonight and the next few nights I'm just calling Weds jump day! Thanks for the encouragement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12