Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
.125 mg Suboxone wanting to skip days, need support.
    heregoes is offline Junior Member

Default .125 mg Suboxone wanting to skip days, need support.

I have been reading online here for more than a year. I have been on Suboxone for 3 years. I have a long history of addiction. I tried jumping at 2 mg of Suboxone when I was 3 months pregnant. It was rough and at 46 days off of it, I decided to get back on. I know now that I jumped at too high of a dose for me. After my child was born and I worked to recover from a C-section and I began to taper from 4 mg.

Now, 9 months later, I am at .062 mg 2X daily, for a month.

I had planned to taper more but I am tired of the constant obsession about my dose and waiting to take it, wanting to take more to feel better, battling with restless legs and so many other things you are all already familiar with.

I have decided to take my does only once yesterday in the afternoon, a total of .125 mg and try to skip today. Then skip 2 days, then 3 then 4, like Robert's threads suggest. I am scared and I have an endless amount of reasons why it's a bad idea and that now is not the time. I could use some encouragement. It has been 24 hours now. I work at night, a really physically demanding job, taking care of people who are not well. I don't have much energy right now but I have been exercising a lot the last month or so, to help my body make endorphins on it's own. Showers help a bunch. I have been taking Clonidine and Requip often. I have Clonazepam for anxiety and some Lorazepam incase I really can't sleep. I also just started taking Wellbutrin for depression and anxiety and a lack of overall energy.

I seems like the main relief I have been getting from the Suboxone is mental, but I wouldn't truly know. I am just tired of not feeling great and I also feel like I am missing out on aspects of my life and my son's life, things I am also unaware of.

I know that when I am a little in withdrawal, music sounds more meaningful and I tend to be emotional. I have a support group I go to but not a lot of people know about Suboxone. I just wanted to speak up to people in this community and say that I am scared and hopeful.

Thank you.

Hero

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I know it's scary jumping off subs. Everyone feels that way when the time comes. You're at such a low dose and sounds like you've done a great taper! If you're stable at .125 mg, go ahead and start your skip days. You have clonidine which will be helpful if you need it. Be careful with the benzos.

We recently had a member who jumped within the last week. Although she had some symptoms, she is now doing very well! Remember, most of this is mental now. You can do this!

Kat

Thank you, I really appreciate your response. It is 2 am and I am doing well so far. I have been sipping an energy drink. Work is hard but laying in bed or sitting at home isn't easy.
    I keep telling myself that I am okay. So far so good. Sometimes I wonder if the small amount of suboxone is even making my body feel better or rather drawing things out.
    I will keep you posted. Thank you iwantoff2013.

Well, I made it the first day skip. I made it 48 hours without a dose. I can see how that first day skip was very mental. I have stress at work with a Bully I am working with but I wasn't gonna let that break me. Also, I felt very drained at work. I noticed that the restlessness started in the parts of my body that hurt. My knees first and then my shoulder. I took the requip several times and was able to relax. I also took some Clonazepam when I realized it was mainly anxiety I was dealing with. I took the Clonidine when the chills and sweating and sneezing started.

So, I took a dose of .125 mg, aka 1/8 mg. I was tempted to just keep going but I want to follow the suggested instructions. I want success and to be free from Suboxone. I want to learn to be myself again. I want to know my son and my family better. I want to experience this life.

Now I will start my my 72 hour skip. I hope to hear from more people. Thank you all.

Is this thread being seen?

Sorry, this particular board doesn't get much traffic. You should definitely start a new thread on the Suboxone Treatment board. More traffic there and lots of us currently tapering. You'll get more replies that way.

Congrats on your first skip day! That's awesome. How are you feeling today? You're so close to the end!

Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-26-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Thank you Kat. How do I find the Suboxone Treatment Board? Could you direct me? I made it. I just successfully ended my 3 day skip. I want to share with everyone and get connected. I can repost there.

Default .125 mg Suboxone wanting to skip days, need support.

I have been reading online here for more than a year. I have been on Suboxone for 3 years. I have a long history of addiction. I tried jumping at 2 mg of Suboxone when I was 3 months pregnant. It was rough and at 46 days off of it, I decided to get back on. I know now that I jumped at too high of a dose for me. After my child was born and I worked to recover from a C-section and I began to taper from 4 mg.

Now, 9 months later, I am at .062 mg 2X daily, for a month.

I had planned to taper more but I am tired of the constant obsession about my dose and waiting to take it, wanting to take more to feel better, battling with restless legs and so many other things you are all already familiar with.

I have decided to take my does only once yesterday in the afternoon, a total of .125 mg and try to skip today. Then skip 2 days, then 3 then 4, like Robert's threads suggest. I am scared and I have an endless amount of reasons why it's a bad idea and that now is not the time. I could use some encouragement. It has been 24 hours now. I work at night, a really physically demanding job, taking care of people who are not well. I don't have much energy right now but I have been exercising a lot the last month or so, to help my body make endorphins on it's own. Showers help a bunch. I have been taking Clonidine and Requip often. I have Clonazepam for anxiety and some Lorazepam incase I really can't sleep. I also just started taking Wellbutrin for depression and anxiety and a lack of overall energy.

I seems like the main relief I have been getting from the Suboxone is mental, but I wouldn't truly know. I am just tired of not feeling great and I also feel like I am missing out on aspects of my life and my son's life, things I am also unaware of.

I know that when I am a little in withdrawal, music sounds more meaningful and I tend to be emotional. I have a support group I go to but not a lot of people know about Suboxone. I just wanted to speak up to people in this community and say that I am scared and hopeful.

Thank you.

Hero

Well, I made it the first day skip. I made it 48 hours without a dose. I can see how that first day skip was very mental. I have stress at work with a Bully I am working with but I wasn't gonna let that break me. Also, I felt very drained at work. I noticed that the restlessness started in the parts of my body that hurt. My knees first and then my shoulder. I took the requip several times and was able to relax. I also took some Clonazepam when I realized it was mainly anxiety I was dealing with. I took the Clonidine when the chills and sweating and sneezing started.

So, I took a dose of .125 mg, aka 1/8 mg. I was tempted to just keep going but I want to follow the suggested instructions. I want success and to be free from Suboxone. I want to learn to be myself again. I want to know my son and my family better. I want to experience this life.

Now I will start my 2 day skip, which really is a 72 hour skip. I hope to hear from more people. Thank you all.

Hero

Good luck with your day 2 skip!! I'm glad to see you started a new thread here. You will definitely get more replies since this is the sub board.

Yes, it's all mostly mental now. You may have some minor physical discomfort, but it should be tolerable. Stay well hydrated. Get as much exercise as possible. Eat well. A lot of us take supplements to boost our bodies, but that's a personal choice.

You are almost done! How exciting.
    Kat
    heregoes likes this.

I just saw the last reply on your other thread which said you've actually already completed a 3 day skip...is that right? How great!

Keep posting to let us know how it's going.
    Kat
    heregoes likes this.

Default Starting 4 day skip. Suboxone taper and day skipping going well. little withdrawal.

I skipped 3 days this time. I think the Wellbutrin is helping so much with my energy level. I am only taking 1/4 - 1/2 of a 75 mg pill for now. I read that it can help with the cravings and dopamine levels too. The last 3 days I keep telling myself that I am okay no matter what my mind may be trying to scare me with. That is helping. Also, I realized how very selfish it is to be always concentrating on myself and how I feel. It was also suggested to try to become comfortable, being uncomfortable.

This whole thing has been so obsessive for me. I am tired of spending so much time wondering if I am feeling sick until I do feel sick.

These last 3 days have been surreal. I have had so much energy. I also have taken Clonazepam at bedtime, along with the clonidine, like I posted previously. Usually it is the restlessness that has broke me in the past. The Requip aka (Ropinirole) has been a huge part of me getting through, along with exercise and internal self-work.

I actually feel better. I am not watching the clock to see when I can take the Subs. I feel more free and have hope.

I went to the gym yesterday, really had to push myself to get in the car, a little generalized anxiety for sure.

Each night I sleep about 4 hours then wake and redose with 1 mg clonazepam or a 1 mg lorazepam and Requip. The Requip only seems to last 4 hours but it totally takes away the restlessness. I will be weaning off from these as well, but I haven't been taking them for too long.

I woke up today and went to the gym, after having good sleep, considering the circumstances. I did feel that I needed to move around or I would be miserable sitting/lying still, at home.

My brain feels clearer than when I was always stressing over my dose. I am sure I have a lot of mental fog to get through. I am trying to be kind to myself and realize how amazing this is. I can't see things having gone any other way in my past up till now. I have done my best and my best is different than everybody elses. I can't wait to hear from all of you out there. I have been following your threads and posts since I found out I was pregnant and now my son is 9 months old.

I just dosed, .125 mg / aka 1/8 mg and 'heregoes' the 4 day skip. Hope I hear from you all soon.

Trying to keep positive and out of the fear.

Wow, you've been lurking for quite some time. I'm sure you've read many success stories here. Sounds like you're doing good with exercise and staying positive. Good for you!

I have a son too, he's 19 months. I can't wait for the day when I look into my son's eyes sub-free. He deserves a mother who isn't preoccupied with this nonsense. I'm currently at 1.5 mg.

You have the right attitude and I think you're gonna be just fine! Good to hear the clonidine is helpful. I have some that I'm saving for the end of my taper.

Keep posting. Others will be along soon.
    Kat

My advice is that if you need to be up and around just skip the Clonidine. You will feel better just from that alone. Clonidine is quite powerful and stays in your system for almost 24 hours. Low blood pressure makes it hard to do just about anything. If you were spending your days on the couch I would tell you to rock on but if you are working you will be better off without it. You may get some relief by taking Benzo's but as I'm sure you realize, it's temporary and illusory. Anxiety and depression are part of WD, just like diarea and sweating, eventually it goes away. Unless you get strung out of Benzo's...which is a whole 'nother region of hell.

Kat
    It sounds like you are on your way as well. 1.5 is great. Every time I decrease it seems like once I get through day 4 I am totally adapted again to the new dose. I am excited for you.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

anxiousbetty is offline New Member

How do you get 1/8 of a mg? Probably pill right? I'm an addict that was on Subs (but manipulated) so I could use a little. For a year and a half on this. My statement is why do these doctors insist on making Suboxone so expensive to get?

knowbetter is offline New Member

Like you, I could not do it w/o sleep. For me its xanax and ambien. If I can get through 1/3 of my day (sleeping) not in withdrawal, I am recharged enough to make it the rest of the way. Keep going...you're almost there

Quote Originally Posted by anxiousbetty View Post
    How do you get 1/8 of a mg? Probably pill right? I'm an addict that was on Subs (but manipulated) so I could use a little. For a year and a half on this. My statement is why do these doctors insist on making Suboxone so expensive to get?
    I asked my doctor to give me the 2 mg sublingual strips. I used tweezers and scissors to get to 1/8 mg.

I dosed 1/8 mg of subs on Thursday the 27th of February and now it is Saturday the 1st of March. Last night I woke up on my belly clinching my whole body together. I got up and took the Requip and a little Clonazepam. I went back to sleep for 4 more hours. My son woke me from his crib wanting to play as 6:30 am.

My legs have been sore but I am sticking with it. I did call in from work last night, the night shift, from feeling exhausted and allergies. First call in during the detox. It can be done, no matter what excuses I can come up with to stay on it.

So, I guess one more dose on Tuesday the 4th. I feel better on the days when I don't take it, I swear.

I am very grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by knowbetter View Post
    Like you, I could not do it w/o sleep. For me its xanax and ambien. If I can get through 1/3 of my day (sleeping) not in withdrawal, I am recharged enough to make it the rest of the way. Keep going...you're almost there
    Hi knowbetter,

I know you have good intentions suggesting meds that may help someone sleep. And I'm one of those people who absolutely needs to sleep or I'm a mess. However, telling people to use Xanax is dangerous. Although some people can use a benzo for a short time and then stop, others will get dependent or addicted. It's the nature of addiction. Xanax is probably the most dangerous benzo. As addicts, we will likely end up swapping one addiction for another.

No disrespect here. Just want to put it out there. I know you don't mean any harm. But, benzo addiction and WD is said to be worse than opiates.

Good luck to you in your recovery! Take care.
    Kat

Hello there you all. I think I'm in the thick of it. I'm really restless. I am considering taking some Loperamide (Imodium) to take the edge off because it is a partial opiod antagonist. I have 2 mg capsules. Any suggestions.

Lincolnecho is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hi knowbetter,

I know you have good intentions suggesting meds that may help someone sleep. And I'm one of those people who absolutely needs to sleep or I'm a mess. However, telling people to use Xanax is dangerous. Although some people can use a benzo for a short time and then stop, others will get dependent or addicted. It's the nature of addiction. Xanax is probably the most dangerous benzo. As addicts, we will likely end up swapping one addiction for another.

No disrespect here. Just want to put it out there. I know you don't mean any harm. But, benzo addiction and WD is said to be worse than opiates.

Good luck to you in your recovery! Take care.
    Kat

Know better,

I just completed the taper plan a couple months ago and had some occasional issues with sleep. Melatonin is a natural sleep aid that is over the counter at health food store. It works for me. I still have it around and take it about once a week when I can't sleep.

Truth be told, I remember melatonin helped but it didn't knock me out like benzos or the costco sleep ease, but they helped. I have a friend who took Xanax for years and just stopped. I witnessed him go through xanax DTs, it was horrible. Do some research in xanax, it's one of the worse most profitable drugs ever made and should be banned.

Oh well, good luck, you can do this.

If you saw me last year you would know, If I can taper anyone can.

Lincoln

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I had a rough nite last nite. I ended up taking 1/16 mg of subs. I couldn't believe how hard it hit me. This let me know that it is really getting out of my system, but it also let me know how very strong this medication is. I could barely drive home from work, true I have been sleep deprived for some time, also just exhausted. So, it hit me hard, I wish I would have taken 1/32 mg instead. I am starting my four day skip again.

Heregoes

Quote Originally Posted by heregoes View Post
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I had a rough nite last nite. I ended up taking 1/16 mg of subs. I couldn't believe how hard it hit me. This let me know that it is really getting out of my system, but it also let me know how very strong this medication is. I could barely drive home from work, true I have been sleep deprived for some time, also just exhausted. So, it hit me hard, I wish I would have taken 1/32 mg instead. I am starting my four day skip again.

Heregoes
    Sorry, I didn't see your last 2 posts until now. Yes, some people swear by liquid Loperimide taken in large doses to help with WD symptoms. Just please be careful.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough night. Try to take comfort in the fact that this is almost over and you never have to feel this way again.

I hope tonight is better for you.
    Kat

Thank you so much Kat. I bought the Lopermide capsules. I didn't know it should be capsules. I slept a whole bunch today which should recharge me for a bit. I am at work again tonight. I still am feeling the dose from yesterday I think.

My last dose was 48 hours ago, of 1/16 milligram Of Suboxone. I have successfully skipped several days several times now. But I still get nervous and am waiting for things to get bad I guess. I am definitely maybe just fine though. I took the requip and clonidine lastnight three times. I slept 10 hours so that's a miracle. I do have work tonight overnight but that's a while from now. So, honestly so far so good.
    thank you all and please stay in touch.

I really hope to make it at least the next 48 hours, a total of 96.

For some reason when I get to work at night even though my job is really physically demanding I seem to shut down and get really sleepy.

I think I am rambling now thank you guys for listening good luck to everybody.

You're doing so great! It's mostly mental now. Try not to anticipate any physical WD symptoms. Getting ourselves all worked up can actually bring on symptoms, strangely enough.

For extra energy, take some L-Tyrosine with vitamin B6. It will give you a boost to get through work.

Keep us posted!
    Kat

completelydrug4ree is offline Junior Member

When I got to that low of a dosage I started taking it at night, mainly because if I didn't take it I couldn't sleep... especially once I started skipping a day.

Also, like me, you have been on sub for a VERY long time. It is really dug into your brain. I did not follow Robert's taper method, I lowered my dosage 1/3rd every 2-3 weeks... not every 4 days. It was still VERY rough (and continues to be). Lowering by 1/3rd every 4 days would have been unbearable for me.

They say the last part of the taper is the hardest. So my recommendation being that you have been on it for so long is to spread out your dosage lowering. I know you want off ASAP, but considering how long you have been taking it, I don't think that will work.

I am jumped in December after an 8 month taper. But I had to go back on due to my father passing away and massive depression and social anxiety. I am back to down to .18mg every other day. I am REALLY struggling and thinking about getting on some type of Antidepressant to help. Has Welbutrin helped?

Yes the Wellbutrin has helped. It also helps to know that my mind looks for things to worry about. I have a lot to be grateful for I can get very caught up in myself.

The Wellbutrin makes it easier to get out of bed even though I'm exhausted at times.

I think there is hope for all of us. I have to keep reminding myself that I am okay.

Its been 72 hours since my last 1/16 mg dose. I think I am going to make it at least another 24 hours.

I made myself go to the gym today the gym makes a huge difference and how I feel.

Good luck to you it sounds like you know what you need to do.

Default Do I take the Suboxone again after the 96 hour skip?

I just wanted to check in. I made it through work last night. Definate lack of energy, I don't feel as strong as I used too. I have much heavy lifting at work. I haven't bought any L- Tyrosine as of yet, which Kat suggested.

I feel different.

I just woke up. I slept from 6:30am till 11:30 am , 5 hours.

Its 84 hours since my last dose. I feel like something has switched in me. I am a bit calmer and less agitated.

Tonight at 1 am will make 96 hours since my last dose of Suboxone. That is 4 days. I think the Wellbutrin is helping my thinking. I feel hopeful. I have missed this feeling. My anxiety has subsided for now.

I have been cold yesterday, I was always hot on the Suboxone. I worked out at the gym yesterday. I felt like yesterday was going to be a turning point if I didn't give in and take the Suboxone. I forced myself to go to the gym. Yesterday had a lot of mental elements of fear and panic. I think my body and brain know how to repair me and that is what I told myself during an evening panic attack that started up, it did subside naturally.

I took 3 baths yesterday. Taking care of myself in small ways helps somehow a lot.

I used less Clonidine yesterday and less Requip when I slept. I am sneezing now, but I also have allergies.

I just want to stress again that right now I am having a few moments of mental relief.

Do I take the Suboxone again after the 96 hour skip?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast