• 1 Post By Streeter00
  • 1 Post By Streeter00
  • 1 Post By auburn girl
  • 1 Post By Streeter00
  • 1 Post By jayryan
150 days sub free!
    Streeter00 is offline New Member

Default 150 days sub free!

This is exactly where I want to be....free of pills enjoying life for what it should be. Subs weren't easy to get off of, but once I found the one of the things I missed the most...it was off to the races for me. That thing was to have a clear head,be happy on my own terms and not to be a Damn slave to any pill. My background was Percocet for two years and oc 80for another two. I started subs after that at 8mg, was on them for a year than tapered down 1mg \month for 10 months stopped at .5. I have never heard of anyone doing it this way but it worked for me because I know it's what I wanted. I seriously just wanted to share this to anyone on day1 or close to it, to keep trucking and don't give up. There is an amazing life out there that is pill free. Your so numb to so many emotions out there that will return once your clean. I've been checking out this site since day ONE off subs and finally decided to write. I sincerely hope that this will help anyone trying to get clean.
    See yas
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

jayryan is offline Member

That's awesome !!
    Ya i want that... @ .4 mil..
    Jumpin real soon...and glad to here it feels awesome...
    your proof that it can be done...thanks for the encouragment....
    and ya i feel the same way... I've had my fun...and been thru the ringer...i want happines and opiate free life more then anything...
    opiates are a horrible demon I'm ready to destroy and never look back....
    anyways...thanks for the post...and congrads on your new life...that's absolutely stellar ...jay

Thanks for the reply Jay....yeah man if u truly know you want it, you can totally do it. It is worth it in every way. This is a journey bro it takes time but once your there you'll know.
    jayryan likes this.

auburn girl is offline Member

Hey, thanks for the post. It really helps/makes me feel good to see other people on the other side, that did it and succeeded. I'm in the process myself and almost there. Congrats on 150 days. I know it's not always easy, but we can do anything we put our mind to if we really want it. I like how you said "once you're there, you'll know it'. That was so true for me.
    jayryan likes this.

Hey! Good for you! Glad someone came back to post how happy life is off everything! I'm on day 12 off of suboxone! Everyday feeling a little stronger and stronger. At least I know I'm through the worst. You words are very encouraging to anyone out there still struggling. Congrats!

These were the posts that I needed to see when I was at my worst...obsessing over how long this is going to take to feel normal..little did I know no timeline is the same..the only constants here...the more clean time the better you feel...auburn how far along are u?
    And" gettinn"you are through the worst you can seriously do.this....what was the final straw that made u quit

Rfootprints is offline Member

I needed to see this! Thank you for sharing... I just posted my first post, actually just like 5 min ago. I have been reading on here for a month and something finally said "post!"
    I can't wait to be free from subs. It's nice to have no pills in me for 3 weeks, but when I can finally say I have nothing in me, that's going to be a huge huge weight lifted!
    Thanks again- love the positive-ness!!!

auburn girl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Streeter00 View Post
    These were the posts that I needed to see when I was at my worst...obsessing over how long this is going to take to feel normal..little did I know no timeline is the same..the only constants here...the more clean time the better you feel...auburn how far along are u?
    And" gettinn"you are through the worst you can seriously do.this....what was the final straw that made u quit
    I'm on my 2nd day of 0.25. I see you got off at 0.5. I've been on this for several, several years so I was thinking I should get down to as low as I can go. So far I haven't had any major problems. I'm thinking I'll make the big leap in a week or two. Was it easy for you coming off?

Honestly if I had found this forum before I jumped i would have tapered even lower...I didn't know any better, and neither did my doc....but 1 mg/month seems pretty slow and. 5 was ok to Jump from...so you've already done your research and are doing great , and you'll be fine...I took 10 days off from work and seriously just rode everything out....not always easy but I know you can do it! You seem very dedicated auburn.
    auburn girl likes this.

jayryan is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Streeter00 View Post
    Honestly if I had found this forum before I jumped i would have tapered even lower...I didn't know any better, and neither did my doc....but 1 mg/month seems pretty slow and. 5 was ok to Jump from...so you've already done your research and are doing great , and you'll be fine...I took 10 days off from work and seriously just rode everything out....not always easy but I know you can do it! You seem very dedicated auburn.

Would you say that lets say you couldn't take ten days off work then you could have made it?

I'm trying to get as low as possible cause i can't take much time off and i have a lot of responsability..

What days were the worst cause i can maybe take a four day weekend and plan to be home.during the hardest part..

any advice is much appreciated
    auburn girl likes this.

Then you should totally go for it.....your already in a better position than I was w/ you being on such a low taper...I think if you REALLY want it you can have if at any cost...just suck it up for a bit dude! You got this...keep me posted.