Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 1,471 to 1,483 of 1483
Like Tree2191Likes
21 days free of Methadone and hydromorphone.
    froggy_069 is offline Member

Happy Monday! Hope you had a good day,

~ Froggy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey hey Foggy...
    Happy hump day.
    I'm glad your here posting. Did I say how proud of you I am. Your doing amazing.
    I feel the hope and inspiration you are sharing here.
    Have a wonderful day my friend...
    UncleLeo likes this.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Good morning Lvg. It's now June 2018...can you believe it?? I kinda can't... all still feels very very weird.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

There you are....
    Ooooo I know right June 2018.... I am still weird ha throw in some crazy
    Days months years are flying by eh... How's the taper coming? You been Mia was getting just a bit worried. Still think about you every morning but not flipping you off today ha today I'm grateful for you...
    What a ride eh...
    UncleLeo likes this.

Hello forum Family...
    Life on life's terms... I'm a grateful recovering addict today. I love life I love myself today... 20 months ago I was Done with the garbage and I can promise you that if you really want this for yourself it's possible. This has not been a cakewalk to say the least it's been pretty dang hard and some days still is. But perseverance and one day at a time has lead me here. Having support because this addict cannot do this alone, having gained the tools to handle most of what life throws a me now I'm not perfect but just for today if I don't put one in me I'm winning... So with all that said because I'm so grateful today. I have to have a procedure done I'm scared to death and let me tell you my disease my addict brain is not scared of the procedure I'm scared of being in the operating room getting knocked out with a narcotic straight into the vein geeze awful I know it's just a thought but wow it's screaming at me... So scared I'm going to wake up and be off to the races. Talk about life on life's terms...

~just for today
    UncleLeo, DravenDomnq and Randy35 like this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Good morning Lvg. Appreciate you my friend. So proud of how far you've come...docks all day

Sorry to hear you need to go to the hosp...never fun no matter what it is. But you've got this. Hopefully the medication will put you to sleep? So maybe re-frame it as that?

My friend who is a dentist and used to dole out scrips told me - 800mg of Ibuprofen followed by 2 Tylenol two hours later usually will do the trick for the immediate post procedure pain day or so...

I know you got this...once you've seen that darkness we went through - soooo not worth it and you know that. Keep updating!

The darkness that's to kind of a word. It was a war my friend...
    Leo it's not about the pain it's the stinking thinking I allow to occupy my mind. It's crazy how all consuming it can be. Sick addict thinking for sure. I'm sure all will be well I just needed to get that out... Just so hard to put it all out sometimes eh... Glad your still here my friend...

~what lives in the dark stays in the dark~
    UncleLeo likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hello forum Family...
    Life on life's terms... I'm a grateful recovering addict today. I love life I love myself today... 20 months ago I was Done with the garbage and I can promise you that if you really want this for yourself it's possible. This has not been a cakewalk to say the least it's been pretty dang hard and some days still is. But perseverance and one day at a time has lead me here. Having support because this addict cannot do this alone, having gained the tools to handle most of what life throws a me now I'm not perfect but just for today if I don't put one in me I'm winning... So with all that said because I'm so grateful today. I have to have a procedure done I'm scared to death and let me tell you my disease my addict brain is not scared of the procedure I'm scared of being in the operating room getting knocked out with a narcotic straight into the vein geeze awful I know it's just a thought but wow it's screaming at me... So scared I'm going to wake up and be off to the races. Talk about life on life's terms...

~just for today

Sorry to hear the not-so-good news. I'm sure you'll get through it like the trooper/champion you are. If you can CT Methadone at the extremely high dose you did you can do just about ANYTHING in my opinion. In my experience I've never known anyone that has accomplished what you did. Don't know if I've ever told you that, but it's true.

Let us know when your procedure is going to happen and the outcome. Just know we're all there with you. Having strong drugs/medication to put you to sleep for surgery or a procedure isn't a problem, it's what you do afterwards that matters. Try OTC pain medication first. As Leo mentioned, Tylenol and Motrin together DOES help a great deal to control pain. In the event you absolutely require stronger pain relief in the way of narcotics just use them sparingly (yeah, right as we're addicts), but I know you NEVER want to travel that dark, lonely road ever again. Read Cat's thread where she talks about pain relief after her back surgeries. I find it remarkable, and commendable that she only took one or two doses and then used Aleve I believe it was. I'm absolutely certain you'll use self control and common sense.

You'll be fine my dear,
    Randy
    UncleLeo likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey lvg. Sorry to hear about the procedure. Can't really add more than what Randy and uncleleo have said. Just know there are so many here that are with you. So proud of what you've accomplished!!! You're an inspiration to all!! You got this

Getting ready to snag some apples and peaches for you my friend.
    No date set yet for the relocation but GA is starting to wear pretty thin and FL is looming better every day now.

Have a great Sunday!!
    Beef
    UncleLeo and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Hey, Lvg....how are you today?
    .....Ryka-Leah

Hey all,
    Randy so true I don't know anyone anywhere that CT methadone with success it's a shame that the failure rate is pretty much 100% for anyone reading I highly suggest you taper off the garbage even though just for today I'm clean and going strong. Doing it my way CT was a traumatic shock to my system I suffered a very long time unnecessarily. I suffered not on physically but Mentally prolly 15 months. I know now with my experience coming from high doses of methadone you should properly taper. Live and learn and share my experience...
    As far as having the procedure done I was putting out my true honest feelings...
    It's not the pain after I get up I've had prolly 30 surgeries since I was 17 today yep one ibuprofen works. I live with pain today that's easy. It's the stupid addict thinking that first drug they put in me the anesthesia will awaken the demon in me. It's just a thought but I wanted to put it out ya know it's my truth... As sick as that sounds...

Ahh UncleLeo you just always know me my stinking thinking yep reframe it eh...
    Thanks for the reminder positive thoughts.... Keep it simple...
    UncleLeo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah987 View Post
    Hey, Lvg....how are you today?
    Hey hey Ryka.
    I'm doing amazing just living life...

~starting tomorrow anything life throws at me I'm ducking so it will hit someone else

Living in the moment I can't worry about tomorrow today eh..
    Last edited by Anonymous; Today at 10:07 AM.

Ohhh Beef not fair teasing me like that...
    Apples and peaches oh my...
    Might as well stop on the way in for a sack of onions too
    Your not missing much its dang hot out here... I can make that apple pie on the dashboard of my car.. How is it going for you these days fox? Hope you are doing well...

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950