Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree2315Likes
21 days free of Methadone and hydromorphone.
    Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Default 21 days free of Methadone and hydromorphone.

Wanted to again say thanks to Randy for sharing his struggles to success.. I know reading his posts has helped me to 21 days yeah me I'm still going strong but it's tough have no motivation no willpower to get off the couch my mind says exercise but my body wants nothing to do with it so here I sit knowing one day soon I hope my energy levels will be back to normal. I'm doing this alone also cold turkey not recommended but for me remembering all I have been through in the last 21days there's no turning back.

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Wanted to again say thanks to Randy for sharing his struggles to success.. I know reading his posts has helped me to 21 days yeah me I'm still going strong but it's tough have no motivation no willpower to get off the couch my mind says exercise but my body wants nothing to do with it so here I sit knowing one day soon I hope my energy levels will be back to normal. I'm doing this alone also cold turkey not recommended but for me remembering all I have been through in the last 21days there's no turning back.
    Congratulations on 21 days! What's your history with the dilaudid and the methadone? How much were you taking per day, for how long, etc...? How much methadone did you jump from?
    ReadytoBHappy likes this.

I had an accident at 18 almost lost my leg it started with codeine to Vic's to percs than oxys to methadone and diluads it's been one drug after the other for 30+yrs of my life I was taking between 8 to 15 10mg methadone and 6 to 8 8 mg hydromorphone a day. The biggest mistake was the methadone it's an awful drug I urge anyone thinking about starting methadone don't I would go the sub route. I woke up now 22days clean & sober ago flushed most not all of my meds the addict in me said just incase save a few and realized my body had enough I had enough I will say this is the hardest thing I have ever done I stopped cold turkey for me taper would not work it's not easy but I know someday it will be worth it.
    ReadytoBHappy and simone3 like this.

I had an accident at 18 almost lost my leg it started with codeine to Vic's to percs than oxys to methadone and diluads it's been one drug after the other for 30+yrs of my life I was taking between 8 to 15 10mg methadone and 6 to 8 8 mg hydromorphone a day. The biggest mistake was the methadone it's an awful drug I urge anyone thinking about starting methadone don't I would go the sub route. I woke up now 22days clean & sober ago flushed most not all of my meds the addict in me said just incase save a few and realized my body had enough I had enough I will say this is the hardest thing I have ever done I stopped cold turkey for me taper would not work it's not easy but I know someday it will be worth it.
    That's a huge amount of methadone to jump from! 22 days clean, you're well on your way now, stay the course as it will get better with time. Drink plenty of water and Gatorade, stay very hydrated! Are you taking any vitamins and/or supplements!

If you still have any meds laying around, flush them now!

Remember - "One pill is too many and a thousand pills will never be enough"

I educated myself by reading everyone's posts/threads also coming from a father addicted to alcohol but most of my life he has been in AA and sober my mother a retired drug & alcohol counselor very text book educated but she doesn't understand the physical side of withdrawals

Yes to answer your question staying hydrated has helped a lot but still have major night sweats I can smell everything now unbelievable and just overall no energy still I find that's the hardest thing to deal with

If it helps anyone be prepared I chose to do it alone CT it's hard but the willpower to be free from drug for me is so far working day 22 and counting

Looking for some help... At day 23 but not doing so good the last 20 hrs have beat me down shame on me for thinking so positive thought I was on an uphill ride finally I'm asking as many do when will it end this is taking every bit of me !!!!! Any advice that will be helpful
    simone3 likes this.

I'm not really sure how to post properly to the right thread had a rough 20hrs looking for advice on when all w/d's will end..Having a hard time feeling positive it's has mentally beat & broke me down... Up until now I couldn't understand why people relapse why would anyone go through that pain again

Now at 24 days clean it's seems like I'm going backwards I have probably read every post & thread on here. I have zero energy awful night sweats which starts panic attacks at bedtime I'm trying to be positive and continue clean days but I will say it's getting harder to keep climbing up!!!!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Now at 24 days clean it's seems like I'm going backwards I have probably read every post & thread on here. I have zero energy awful night sweats which starts panic attacks at bedtime I'm trying to be positive and continue clean days but I will say it's getting harder to keep climbing up!!!!!
    Hang in there! You've been on meds for a very long time and you jumped off a huge amount of methadone, it is not uncommon to still have withdrawal symptoms after 3 weeks or more. You'll have good days and you'll have bad days, your body and brain are still trying to heal! You said you were on pain meds for 30+ years, you're are only 3 weeks clean, I know it's hard but give it some more time because it will get better! Stay strong... God bless us all!

I'm staying the course I know I need face to face Na/as meetings but I can't get up enough energy to get out and no less drive the mailbox is a Marathon! It's just very mentally draining my sense of self is at its lowest...But for today I'm another day clean & sober! Thanks for the support

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Lvg Nightmare
    Hang in there! You're 3 weeks clean. Valerian root is good if u can't sleep. Can your doctor help you with something for the symptoms?
    You can do this! For instance, folks who go to jail have to CT from methadone. It ain't pretty but you get clean. So, at least you're at home! The up side.
    Fatigue lasts a while. I went from 60 mg methadone to subs and tapered. Even so, the fatigue is formidable. Rest, read, yoga if u can stretch, tv...there's not much to do but ride this out.
    The mental challenges are equal to the physical, that is, just as hard. After a long time being sedated, the brain cries out for what it's used to getting. But this will all pass with time. I promise.
    Proud of you!
    weanqueen likes this.

Ty I'm proud of me to I can't believe I have made it this far yes my doctor will help I have prescriptions for whatever I could want But after 24 days with no meds and now feeling the effects of all drugs I put in my body how beaten and broke down I feel I'm fighting hard to be a healthier me. With that said the sleep I get 3 to 5 hours a night but the sweat's and mental fatigue is hard I keep telling myself This to shall pass...
    DravenDomnq and Ming23 like this.

Nightmare
    Yes. The sweats! I lost so much weight just sweating! They pass...
    Ah, the fatigue! Couldn't walk my dog. At all. Friends came twice a day to help the doggie. Fatigue dissipated.
    Mental discomfort. The brain also needs time to heal and repair. It fixes itself.
    It will all pass with time. You will Never regret this good choice you've made!
    Proud of ya!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

OK day 25 so I finally made my self go to the store I don't recommend driving but I did my equilibrium is so out of balance It was a task for sure but I conquered that to..my brain is ahead of my body but I do feel just A LITTLE bit better clearer every day! I have no idea how people went to work after a few weeks stronger will power than me,but another clean day racked up for me....
    Ming23 likes this.

Well I know why they say no sugar I haven't had any caffeine in 25 days so I figured I could have coffee why not ... Well that was a bad decision I have not once thought about. Taking a pill until I had my first cup of coffee it triggered something in my brain to think about my drug of choice... Definitely no caffeine!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Not sure where my post went but today is 26 days clean my god what a long haul. Still no energy,night sweat's awful but I woke up drug free today and forcibly getting up and out of the house little nervous right now it's very stressful for me to get out that to shall pass I keep telling myself so here I go....
    Ming23 and UncleLeo like this.

Nightmare
    Yup. Have to adapt the diet for a while. The head-trip after the physical detox is significant as u see with the coffee experience. Just takes time and persistence. You're doing great!
    UncleLeo likes this.

Having a hard time my equilibrium is so out of whack I made it to the grocery store but everything just keeps spinning. Just wondering if that's all part of the w/d stage?? Thanks for any input.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Hey Nightmare - have you been to see a decent doc at all over the past 26 days, just to take vitals and check your dizziness stuff?

I used to get a little woozy for sure. But it was a lot more anxiety related I think. Hopefully you're feeling a little better. That's great you're making it out of the house. Took Mingy and I a bit to be able to do much of anything. But we stayed the course just like you're doing. You're doing great!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Have not been to a doctor my primary dtr is a 40min drive and as I'm going through this alone I'm not up for the drive yet but was planning on going to have blood work done.. Everything seems fine pulse heart rate it's just when I go out my equilibrium goes haywire and I feel like I'm in a fog, but. When I sit and relax it goes away. I have read a lot here but no one has said they have been dizzy or spinning in circles. I'm eating healthier than ever so I'm just staying the course hoping it's all part of the 30+ years of any and opiates I have put in my body. I think the high amounts of methadone I was taking and than jumped coldturkey is just a long drawn out process one I'm paying for dearly but I will never forget what I have been through in 26days.... Taking it one day at a time and today I'm another day clean. Thanks for your support and encouraging words...
    UncleLeo likes this.

27 days now like clock work I get up at 4am finally the night sweats don't feel like fire hot lighting bolts coming out of every pore in my body! But still wake up drenched. Still sneezing like no other. My mind feels just alittle clearer for now so maybe finally something positive because yesterday was awful I started to bargain with myself maybe you can take a valium to feel better than remembered the last 26 days and someone's post to me that one pill is to many and a thousand not enough. So true that's the day I flushed everything so I can't just reach over and grab that pill. Best advice ever. Ty. I'm going to start my day on a positive note try and accomplish just one thing see how that goes cause every step I get up and take is a tremendous task and yeah me another clean day thanks all
    UncleLeo and DravenDomnq like this.

What a difference a day of getting out of bed made I feel alot better than a few days ago thank God for small things my equilibrium is finally getting back to normal. I wish I could exercise or run but truly am disabled so for now small steps. Went to the health store yesterday and finally picked up L-Tyrosine and B-12 also take other vitamins but I think L-Tyrosine has helped out in just 24hrs should have done that from day 1 Goal accomplished yesterday and a new one today another day clean and I'm seeing the light finally.. God bless all thanks for listening
    DravenDomnq likes this.

28 days & I finally feel about 75% but I will not forget the first 14 days were hell on earth every WD symptom you could think of my head so foggy I felt like I was wearing lead boots zero energy and no motivation at all thanks to Ricky's one pill to many I flushed everything cause I would have relapsed the first two weeks..so if you have any drugs flush them.. I didn't think I would ever see an end but today 28 I feel so much better so folks if you have the willpower to hang in there it will slowly get better
    DravenDomnq likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

28 days & I finally feel about 75% but I will not forget the first 14 days were hell on earth every WD symptom you could think of my head so foggy I felt like I was wearing lead boots zero energy and no motivation at all thanks to Ricky's one pill to many I flushed everything cause I would have relapsed the first two weeks..so if you have any drugs flush them.. I didn't think I would ever see an end but today 28 I feel so much better so folks if you have the willpower to hang in there it will slowly get better
    It's still hard for me to get around because of my knee and back, so sometimes I'll just walk up and down the hallway here for 10 minutes or so, or take one of our older, slower dogs just around the block for a walk if it's a nice day. It's going to take a while for me to rebuild myself as well, since I used the pills for so many years just in order to function and deal, but yea, the activity has definitely been helping. Once my head cleared after two weeks as well was able to start doing a lot more as well.

Not sure where my post went Draven but thanks for any advice & support I'm doing small things not running a 5k but I'm also not lying in bed waiting to feel normal whatever that my be 30+ years I'm not sure who I am anymore? I know I need face to face support I'm finding it hard to make that first step I'm not an outgoing person even posting here my first day was a big step but I did and am better for it I guess in time I will be ready for now concentrating on being clean one day at a time thanks again
    freeme47 and DravenDomnq like this.

Oh I'm also doing this alone my choice I figured I got myself in this mess I'm going to be strong for me and pick myself up and be clean to find out all I have been missing
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Not sure where my post went Draven but thanks for any advice & support I'm doing small things not running a 5k but I'm also not lying in bed waiting to feel normal whatever that my be 30+ years I'm not sure who I am anymore? I know I need face to face support I'm finding it hard to make that first step I'm not an outgoing person even posting here my first day was a big step but I did and am better for it I guess in time I will be ready for now concentrating on being clean one day at a time thanks again
    Trust me, I know exactly what you're talking about. Reading through some of my first posts, after being awake for over 60 hours, I was going a little mad, no doubt about it. Just take things easy, and at your own pace. I'm taking an easy day today. Sometimes out in the shop where I have to move and work it gets a bit cold, especially in the winter, so today I'm just going out for a hour or so then coming in for a while to rest and relax. Just do what you have to do to get through it, but even on my really bad days I'd try to at least walk around the house.

A couple times I had to push myself far more than I should have this past couple of weeks, just so we could keep living here, and that definitely affected me. Had to rake a yard one day and that just put me in a really bad place for a while, so don't overdo it! Take all of this at YOUR pace. Got more good sleep last night, but just really hard to get around today, lot of pain in both the back and knee and really low energy. Also not quite right in the head today, so just doing what I can because I think the exhaustion of pushing myself the past couple weeks is starting to set in. Luckily right now I only have a couple bigger projects on the table and about a week to get them done right now. So just hang in there, push yourself as much as you can and then rest is the best advice I think I can give.

As far as a meeting, it took me a lot of courage to finally get to one, and now that I'm making sure to be there every single day, is helping a lot to have people to catch me now that I've finally made the jump. Between these forums and being there I'm noticing a huge difference, especially with the mental aspects. I had to reach out to someone on here to build up the courage to go, and have my gf walk me down there with 2 of our dogs (found a place 3 blocks from our property). At the beginning of all of this wasn't able to leave the house, garage or shop, so that's been helping me a lot as well. I made sure to put my vcard on here too so people can get my email address as well and am happily here if there's something somebody doesn't want to ask in a public forum. Will get to the message, like the threads here as I can, but am happy to share any experience that will help anybody else!
    Rachelle1stbb likes this.

Did you or are you taking L-Tyrosine? I just got it the other day it's making my head alot clearer, unless it's all mental..

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast