• 1 Post By Gonnawin
  • 1 Post By 7fourteen
  • 1 Post By lostnowfound
  • 1 Post By Detoxsux
  • 1 Post By Detoxsux
24 days sub free
    7fourteen is offline Member

Default 24 days sub free

just want to encourage anyone who is going through the first couple weeks. I know it's been said hundreds of times but if I can do t anyone can. Taper right and to me one of the most important things was getting my mind right. I was determined to end this once and for all no matter how long it took. I was not going to fail. Between that and eating very clean, drinking tons of water and exercise today I feel almost Normal. Don't let me forget the tons of hot showers I took the first two weeks. I will continue with sessions at least once weeks for as long as it takes. Want to say a big thanks to those who ave helped along the way. You know who you are. I hope to stay on this forum and maybe help someone like I was helped.

Peace

Chuck
    bmont0718 likes this.

Gonnawin is offline Member

Wonderful news, almost a month! I'm so happy for your success. It is really possible!
    7fourteen likes this.

Thanks so much. And yes it is possible.

ghostrc is offline Member

Your a hope to all of us, thank you, success stores go so much further instead of horror story s

I had to start weeding the stories out. Looked at only positive. Also took some pretty tough advise that I read in other post. Once you get your mind right and stay determined it makes it so much easier.
    Ming23 likes this.

lostnowfound is offline Junior Member

That is awesome! I'm new here, trying to figure this out as get it right. I am desperate for success stories! Any tips? What was your most difficult part? What did you begin at and how long was your taper? We're the first few weeks as bad as CT opiate wd? I have Horizonte to help with the restless legs and sleep once I'm done, just 2 weeks worth. I'm so nervous and cannot stop thinking of what it will be like at the end as far as wd goes. How did you do it? Please keep at it and post motivation for the rest of us. We need it :-)
    Ming23 likes this.

Ready2bedone is offline New Member

I'm on day 12 and still can't sleep. Ho long did it take u to be able to sleep again? Any suggestions on sleep?

Detoxsux is offline New Member

Sleep is a tough one. After the pain u still have the anxiety n depression to battle. Valerian root can help restlessness. 3 at night n 3 more when ur restless. Also melatonin supplements. Ur brain can't produce that or serotonin correctly just yet. Whey protein I understand will help w the depression. Hope this helps. I'm on day 14. Sleep is still tough but my anxiety is crippling. I can't find any relief for it. Any suggestions? I have a 3 yr old boy who deserves more than this from me.
    Ming23 likes this.

Detoxsux is offline New Member

Chuck, any suggestions on the anxiety? Day 13 and I most of the pain is gone but I feel like my chest could pop at any moment. It's crippling. I have no desire to touch a sub for as long as I live. Evil incarnate! Been on them about 7 yrs. Is this why the anxiety is so bad? I've tried walks, showers, stretches, breathing, etc. Almost no help. Is the depression causing the anxiety? If I can figure out what's causing it I may be able to control it. Any suggestions?
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Detoxsux View Post
    Chuck, any suggestions on the anxiety? Day 13 and I most of the pain is gone but I feel like my chest could pop at any moment. It's crippling. I have no desire to touch a sub for as long as I live. Evil incarnate! Been on them about 7 yrs. Is this why the anxiety is so bad? I've tried walks, showers, stretches, breathing, etc. Almost no help. Is the depression causing the anxiety? If I can figure out what's causing it I may be able to control it. Any suggestions?
    Hey Detoxsux
    Dehydration has symptoms that mimic anxiety. Drink plenty--and i mean a lot--of water. Room temperature if possible. Every time u feel anxious take a sip. A few folks wound up in hospital due to simple dehydration. Let us learn from them!
    This too shall pass! How's ur diet?
    Hang in there!

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lostnowfound View Post
    That is awesome! I'm new here, trying to figure this out as get it right. I am desperate for success stories! Any tips? What was your most difficult part? What did you begin at and how long was your taper? We're the first few weeks as bad as CT opiate wd? I have Horizonte to help with the restless legs and sleep once I'm done, just 2 weeks worth. I'm so nervous and cannot stop thinking of what it will be like at the end as far as wd goes. How did you do it? Please keep at it and post motivation for the rest of us. We need it :-)
    Hey Lostnowfound
    Have faith and try not to worry. Be determined and that will help enormously. Do u have specific questions? Don't fret about how u think u might feel. Things are rarely as we imagine. Why worry about the end? The end means you're free!
    Here to help if i can...