Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
2mg a day sub user ready to taper
    trmin8ter27 is offline Member

Kat,
    thank u so much for posting it seriously is awesome and I look forward to it, and alex too ! yup RIP P. S. Hoffman u will truly be missed!! ok there,s tons of vitamins stores here on the west coast so I will go to one of them,
    BTW can u send me ur thread too so I can read up and post on urs ???
    thanx aqain for ur kind words
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

trm you sound like your doing great and I am happy for you. The part you mentioned about watching people with envy who were clean I remember that very well. I would be worrying about finding enough drugs to keep from being dope sick and think why cant I be normal. I would look at myself in the mirror and I hated who I saw. Its nice when we are getting clean to start liking ourselves again. I see where you have been reading some of Ruths post and I have to agree with you Wow. I stay mostly in the sub forum but I go to the need to talk to check her thread out all the time. She is so full of knowledge about recovery and what is really cool is she is one of us. A recovering addict who did not get clean overnight. All the supplements I took you can get almost anywhere that sells vitamins. Not positive about the L-Tyrosine being at Wal Mart though. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    trmin8ter27 likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey there...

My thread is here on the sub board too. It's called "Please help me - Subutex taper".

Hope you have a good night.
    Kat

Ok, never mind my last post..lol

I just saw your post on my thread
    Kat

cool kat glad u got my post,
    so day 3 of 1mg taper, I did feel a little icky and really sleepy and had a headache like 6 out of 10, but again nothing I couldn't handle , took some ibpro and I was fine. I had a hot flash that went away pretty quick so that was fine , yea today was just a lazy Sunday I am now starting to figure out my next taper amount since 2moro will be day 4 of 1mg and I'm stable enough to go down, so feed back please is welcome.

k talk to u all soon
    trm27

Quote Originally Posted by trmin8ter27 View Post
    cool kat glad u got my post,
    so day 3 of 1mg taper, I did feel a little icky and really sleepy and had a headache like 6 out of 10, but again nothing I couldn't handle , took some ibpro and I was fine. I had a hot flash that went away pretty quick so that was fine , yea today was just a lazy Sunday I am now starting to figure out my next taper amount since 2moro will be day 4 of 1mg and I'm stable enough to go down, so feed back please is welcome.

k talk to u all soon
    trm27
    trm next dose is .75 which would be 3/4 of 1 mg. That has a rather nice sound to it less then 1 mg. Good to read day 3 is going ok and i am also having a lazy Sunday myself. Will talk with you later.

Alex

trm I noticed on Kaths thread you mentioning RLS and that is why I took potassium pills during my taper. I noticed a lot of people mention RLS while I was tapering and someone mentioned potassium being helpful in dealing with it. I was taking it well before I jumped and never had any RLS at all. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe the potassium helped I don't know. Also this is just a reminder for you to remember to never drop a dose unless you are fully stable at your current dose. Talk later

Alex

day 4 1mg taper
    I am seriously thinking of alex's comment about making sure Im totally stable before my next drop. I did feel some clamminess a little more than usual today (got hot and cold quit a few times, like my body couldn't decide on a temp!!), but nothing I couldn't handle and I had a slight twinge of RLS just this evening ( so alex I will try the potassium also), but I'm wondering if this is normal and I must accept slight symptoms during my taper, or if maybe this is my body telling me I'm not quite fully stable. I stuck with the 1mg dose this morn and didn't take anymore, but would be lying if I didn't say I was tempted to take a little sliver, but I was afraid it would be counter productive to my taper, and again I asked myself is this something I can't handle ?? the answer was no and I got through the day normally w/o having to take any comfort slivers, well Im posting a little late 2nite so if anyone sees this and thinks maybe I shouldn't chance it and stay at 1mg for a day or 2 more, or if you think no bite the bullet and go down to .75 ,please let me know
    thanks
    Trm27
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-11-2014 at 12:33 AM.

day 4 1mg taper
    I am seriously thinking of alex's comment about making sure Im totally stable before my next drop. I did feel some clamminess a little more than usual today (got hot and cold quit a few times, like my body couldn't decide on a temp!!), but nothing I couldn't handle and I had a slight twinge of RLS just this evening ( so alex I will try the potassium also), but I'm wondering if this is normal and I must accept slight symptoms during my taper, or if maybe this is my body telling me I'm not quite fully stable. I stuck with the 1mg dose this morn and didn't take anymore, but would be lying if I didn't say I was tempted to take a little sliver, but I was afraid it would be counter productive to my taper, and again I asked myself is this something I can't handle ?? the answer was no and I got through the day normally w/o having to take any comfort slivers, well Im posting a little late 2nite so if anyone sees this and thinks maybe I shouldn't chance it and stay at 1mg for a day or 2 more, or if you think no bite the bullet and go down to .75 ,please let me know
    thanks
    Trm27
    trm my suggestion would be to stay at 1 mg another day for sure. You are to far in your taper now to take any chances of dropping a dose to soon. Taking a little sliver would be counter productive especially on day 4 of a dose. That you were even tempted to sounds like you aren't stable enough to drop. It might have just been a little road bump but why take the chance. I don't know if I have mentioned this to you before but I know once I was down to 2 mg the entire rest of my taper was all on a 6 day schedule. Some of my earlier drops were done on 4 and 5 days but I know for sure at 2 mg and maybe even at a little higher I went on a 6 day schedule rest of the way. Im not saying that you need to do this rest of the way but right now I would give 1 mg another day at least and then see how you feel. Talk with you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Never ever ever ever ever take a little sliver more. Never.

Even when you feel like you are going through hell. Keep going.

ok thanx for the advise, so here's the weird thing, I meant to stay at 1mg one or 2 more days, but like a moron, unwittingly dropped to .75mg because I had already pre-cut them in preparation and had left one in my desk thank god ( I had stupidly left the others at home after switching purses last nite !!), but heres whats weird I was totally fine !!!, had like one quick hot flash and that was it !!! I was good the rest of the day and never even thought about needing more!!! I'm a little confused, maybe yesterday that quick thought of taking a sliver was just mental ?? so now here's the question do I just stay and .75mg now ??? Ugh can't believe I did that, cuz I'm afraid I messed my taper up, but then again so glad I was feeing fine, ok please post I will check this later for any advise stay at .75mg or go back up to 1mg ??
    such an idiot !!!
    Trm 27

Hi

I would stay at .75 mg and see of you stabilize in the next couple days. If things start getting bad, you can go back up to 1 mg, re-stabilize, then continue on. Don't worry. It will work out.

Thanks for your kind post on my thread. Day 2 at 1.5 mg and feeling fine physically. So far, so good.

Have a nice evening,
    Kat
    Kpop likes this.

thank u kat
    awesome advise I was freaking out !!! but ill try that stay at .75 and go from there. btw I made a list of the vitamins u suggested, guna get them tomorrow I'll let u know how they work, have a good nite urself talk to u soon
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Kpop is offline New Member

I just want to say that I am so proud of you! Reading your journey is inspiring. You are doing a great job. Hang in there!

You know what I am looking forward to? Laughter! Good old fashioned laughter. It's been gone from my life for years. I can feel it coming, and I am so looking forward to it.

Keep up the awesomeness that is you!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

thank u kat
    awesome advise I was freaking out !!! but ill try that stay at .75 and go from there. btw I made a list of the vitamins u suggested, guna get them tomorrow I'll let u know how they work, have a good nite urself talk to u soon
    Good morning...

Just wanted to drop in and see how you're doing today. Feeling ok?

Kat

staysober10 is offline Senior Member

trmin8ter27,

how are you? I saw your comment on my thread, I appreciate your positive feedback. I just read your thread and I am pulling for you! I am going to be in your shoes soon and your thread will be read again and again for inspiration. Keep up the good work!

kat
    hey sorry I didn't post yesterday went to the movies with my kid we saw That awkward moment which was kinda disappointing we thought it was gonna be like hangover funny and it's more like a guy romantic comedy that wasn't too funny all .....anyway day 3 of .75mg and everything was pretty good, a little RLS last evening and I didn't get to the store yet as planned to stock up on the vitamins and potassium, but I still was able to fall asleep with some Tylenol pm and slept a good 8 hrs, a little clamminess this morn about 7:30 am (I dose between 8am to 8:30 am) but once I did, no hot flashes, no headaches, I had energy and feel good enough to do my exercises and walking, but I'm great I will check ur thread also see how u r doing !! We are almost there though !! We got this

SS:
    Your thread was also inspring. I know u have had some tough battles, but you keep getting back up and try,try, and trying again which is great and what's going to ultimately get you totally clean and sober!! Caught seems like a great confidant for you and totally agree with all the advise he gives u!! I'm glad your back on this forum posting and wanting to get opiate free! I will also be pulling for you and cheering you on and yes u will be on my shoes soon !!! Keep up the good work you can do this spyman!!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

oh knop sorry
    you know what I actually pride myself on my good sense of humor (a lot to mask my pain) and always trying make people laugh, but during my use, it was >>>> and forced, so I agree I also look forward to good old fashion real laughter again !!!

BTW forgot to mention I totally had a pill dream the other nite first one in months !! I was walking through this field of grass and all around me and below me were white pills, and Im so irritated cuz in the dream instead and knowing im trying to get off and running as fast as I could through the field to get way from them, I just scooped them all up and try to cram as many as I could in my pocket !! and Ill be damned if I didn't wake up trying to reach in my night shirt for them LOL !! I called myself a moron , laughed, and got up for the day !! What is it with drug dreams ?? has anyone else ever had these??Why do we get them??
    Trm27
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-13-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Firefire is offline Member

Hi trm,I'm glad to see your doing great as Alex told me repeadtly,listen to your body it will tell you when your ready to jump,if are not fully stable don't jump and definitely no slivers.that said congrats your doing great.take care ff

day 4 .75 mg had a little clamminess and a headache, but otherwise doing good I think this time I will stay at .75mg for a day or 2 more just to be safe, Im determined for this to work, but Im feeling slightly moody and have noticed low patience at work so I know I need to go get some vitamins, but that's about all to report, have a great day to anyone who reads this, thanx for listening
    Trm27

trm i went out of town Tues and just got back today and was not on here since Monday night. Good to read that you were able to drop to .75 and everything worked out for you. I see where you are thinking about staying at .75 another day or two which will be fine if you do. You were asking about pill dreams and yes lol others have them also. I would guess we have them from all the years of using them. I have them and wake up sometimes and think for a few seconds i used and then i realize it was just a dream. I have not had a drink in over 8 years and have not wanted one either but i still have drinking dreams now and then. You are doing very well with your taper and getting closer and closer to the finish line. Hope you have a nice weekend and will talk to you later.

Alex

day 4 .75 mg had a little clamminess and a headache, but otherwise doing good I think this time I will stay at .75mg for a day or 2 more just to be safe, Im determined for this to work, but Im feeling slightly moody and have noticed low patience at work so I know I need to go get some vitamins, but that's about all to report, have a great day to anyone who reads this, thanx for listening
    Trm27
    Hey! You are on a super low dose! And it seems like you are not suffering at all besides what you stated which seems normal. I'm proud of you! Just think back to what you were taking weeks ago compared to now, must feel so good that you are doing well on such a low dose. I have a good feeling you are just going to be fine! Keep up the good work and thanks for supporting me as well!

day 5 and I think i'll drop today,
    I took .75 mg yest and feel good didn't feel any symtpoms so I think im stable, I guess its .50mg then ? Or is is something else ?
    alex nice to hear from u I was wondering where you were at , I'm hope u had a nice trip. I think the mental stuff is starting to really hit me knowing im closer and closer to zero Im excited, but scared at the same time, but I realize that's part of all of it and everyone whos tapered Im sure all had the same feelings, so heres to my next drop

SS Spyman
    thanx for the encouragement, lords knows I need it , and I am also glad you seem to be in good spirits !!
    well have a good day everyone
    trm27

Sounds like you're doing great! I'm really happy for you.

Some people choose to drop to .675 mg first because going from .75 to .50 is slightly more than a 25% drop. It's up to you.

You're doing great. Keep it up!
    Kat

trm i see where you were planning on dropping today. As Kath pointed out dropping from .75 to .50 is more then a 25% drop. You would be dropping 33% and at this stage of your taper that could be to big of a drop. You might feel fine the first day but it might hit you after that. I know your working with 8 mg strips which can be a pain cutting up at small doses. To make it simple you might want to consider this. Take a 2 mg piece and cut it into 3 equal pieces or as close to it as you can. Those would be about .67 each. It would only be about a 10% drop but you could do that for 4 days then drop to .50. Totally up to you but i just dont want you to drop to much at one drop and make your taper more difficult. Will talk with you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

trm,

just dropping by to show my support, hope you are doing well!!

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    trm i see where you were planning on dropping today. As Kath pointed out dropping from .75 to .50 is more then a 25% drop. You would be dropping 33% and at this stage of your taper that could be to big of a drop. You might feel fine the first day but it might hit you after that. I know your working with 8 mg strips which can be a pain cutting up at small doses. To make it simple you might want to consider this. Take a 2 mg piece and cut it into 3 equal pieces or as close to it as you can. Those would be about .67 each. It would only be about a 10% drop but you could do that for 4 days then drop to .50. Totally up to you but i just dont want you to drop to much at one drop and make your taper more difficult. Will talk with you later.

Alex
    Alex, ok so I did drop today to .50 mg It was the first day, yesterday I did .50 then I cut a .25 piece in half after about 90 mins of not feeling so great, so I really don't even what mg that would be lol, today I only took .50mg and felt fine, but didn't consider how I would feel tom so ok 2mg cut in 3 equal parts (guess it won't matter whether is cut horizontal or vertical does it ?? (I have small fingers so I have been able to cut easily w/o having to use tweezers) so let me know and Ill have that ready tonite , but ill still try and take the .50mg and see how I feel. Other than that I feel fine I went and got all my vitamins, but couldn't find the
    l-ty or potassium so I need to go to a vitamin store, so I will take those tomorrow too as RLS has been waking me up in the middle of the nite luckily nothing that has me pacing all nite unable to sit still as I usually had with opiate w/d ugh those were the freaking worst I'm able to fall back asleep after bout 20 mins, Thanx again for the help .

SS Spyman,
    I'm doing good hope u are too !! thanx for checking in

trm do you like bananas as they are a good source of potassium. You said yesterday you did .50 and then cut a .25 in half so that actually is .625 and that is what a lot of people use when dropping from .75. Either way is fine actually either .625 or what I suggested in cutting the 2 mg in 3 which will have you at .67. I just did not want to see you go from .75 to .50 as I was thinking about it causing you discomfort and messing your taper up. My thinking while I tapered was the less discomfort I felt the better my odds were of not using opiates when I was at a low dose of subs like you are now and for when I finally jumped off. I am a real wuss lol when it comes to discomfort and my track record of repeated relapses with both alcohol and opiates was rather ridiculous so I just more or less did not trust myself. Potassium should be available at just about any drug store and I actually got mine at Krogers where I buy my groceries. Your taper has been going very well and I truly believe that it is going to continue to go well rest of the way out. You have mentioned very little discomfort with any of your drops and if any issues were going to be a problem for you I believe they would have already surfaced. You have mentioned a little RLS but I think if it was going to present a big problem then it would have been bothering you more by now. Hoping that by taking potassium it will really keep it very minimal. Try to eat foods that are high in potassium and keep yourself well hydrated. If you like Gatorade then you might want to drink plenty of it also. Will talk to you later.

Alex

day 3 .67mg,
    Alex I'm good RLS hasn't been an issue for the past two nights so that's been a relieff! I have again noticed I am moody and seem to snap for no reason, my poor son is like" mom what's wrong with u ??" I yelled at home over the stupidest little reasons, which while I was popping pills like candy he could have crashed into a house drunk and I would have shrugged it off so he is noticing the change !!, The good news is I can control it, take a breath and relax and remember my goal !! I am also a big wuss to being uncomfortable in any way, which is why I think I'll have to taper to the lowest possible mg before I jump. I also want to give myself the best chance to not relapse !!! I guess after I feel stable for a couple more days my next taper would be .50mg then right ??
    k talk soon
    trm27

trm your next drop would be to go to .50 which will be a 25% drop. You should be fine there especially since this last drop was only about a 10% drop. You mention you are a big wuss lol when it comes to being uncomfortable so join the crowd. Good to read where the RLS has not been an issue for you the last couple of nights. you mention going to a low dose before you jump took my taper down to around the .18 to .20 dose myself before i jumped. I had planned on jumping at .25 and was feeling fine at .25 and i am sure i would have been fine jumping there but changed my mind and decided to do 1 more drop before i jumped. I thought to myself after almost 4 months whats 6 extra days. I wanted as little discomfort as possible when i jumped and i had very minimal discomfort when i did jump. Looking at how your taper has gone so far while i cant guarantee you 100% that your jump will be as smooth as mine but i honestly think your jump is going to go smooth. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast